Dark Souls is on Steam

Man is it a pain in the ass to cut off Kalameet's tail. I can basically fight that battle indefinitely, but the window to hit his tail is just way too small. It also doesn't seem to count when you hit the upper part of his tail, too. I probably spent 45 minutes trying to get the job done last night. I can borderline kill him without getting hit, but his stupid tail is driving me nuts. Videos show people doing it, but I swear it seems like they have more time to do it than I have.

my conclusion was that something changed in the timing when be sits to blow fire. I never succeeded to get into position to cut on his tail whereas I was able to in the original game. What eventually worked for me is to hang in front and wait for his dive. Roll right and again. It puts you under his tail. If he looks back then he will do a slam, otherwise move away because of a spin. Use the rolling ring since it is good in general for the fight.

And yeah, "technically" none of this is necessary for achievements, but it is satisfying regardless :)

my conclusion was that something changed in the timing when be sits to blow fire. I never succeeded to get into position to cut on his tail whereas I was able to in the original game. What eventually worked for me is to hang in front and wait for his dive. Roll right and again. It puts you under his tail. If he looks back then he will do a slam, otherwise move away because of a spin. Use the rolling ring since it is good in general for the fight.

And yeah, "technically" none of this is necessary for achievements, but it is satisfying regardless :)
Dark Wood Grain Ring? I don't know why I always forget about that. I used it once when it gave you the flip below 50% equip load and found it made the game boring. It would be very useful for this fight. Pair it with the Cloranthy Ring and it would probably be easy mode. Could even go over the top with Grass Crest Shield and Mask of the Child.

It only works @ 25% equip
That's why I said "when." Prior to the patch that came with the DLC it worked <=50%. Another thing someone who only played the PC version may have not known about or experienced. It was ridiculous during that time seeing people cartwheel around in PvP with Giant's or Havel's Armor on.

I'm actually using the Dark Wood Grain Ring. It's not the actual Kalameet fight, it's getting to his tail. When he sits up to breathe fire, it's typically too far for me to get behind him in time. Even with basically no equipment and a pretty well timed running hit. I've managed to do it a time or two, but it's rare and I can't tell if it counts as a tail hit. It seems like the upper tail hits often don't count.
When he flies at me (and then tries a tail smash about 1/4 of the time), that's been the only time I'm able to hit it. Even then it's such a low % hit, it's like once per every 20 minute battle. Videos suggest a halberd and that might be what I eventually have to use. Nothing I normally go with (Zweihander, Man-Serpent, Great Club) is quick enough consistently. I'm half tempted to even try the Drake Sword.

You have to aggro the dive. You need to be a good distance in front of him and have to be away from any walls since he will not fly into a wall. I also a fire tempest at the start but unsure if it did tail damage. Theoretically that could nuke the tail in 1 hit. Drake range attack is interesting, I just tend to doubt it will do any damage unless you +5 it

I'm actually using the Dark Wood Grain Ring. It's not the actual Kalameet fight, it's getting to his tail. When he sits up to breathe fire, it's typically too far for me to get behind him in time. Even with basically no equipment and a pretty well timed running hit. I've managed to do it a time or two, but it's rare and I can't tell if it counts as a tail hit. It seems like the upper tail hits often don't count.
When he flies at me (and then tries a tail smash about 1/4 of the time), that's been the only time I'm able to hit it. Even then it's such a low % hit, it's like once per every 20 minute battle. Videos suggest a halberd and that might be what I eventually have to use. Nothing I normally go with (Zweihander, Man-Serpent, Great Club) is quick enough consistently. I'm half tempted to even try the Drake Sword.
Funnily enough, a Drake Sword +5 has been my go-to weapon for tail cutting. It's fast, weak enough to not kill the boss if you miss too many times, yet powerful enough to cut them off quickly, and has the downward strike that is good to have for this type of thing.
You have to aggro the dive. You need to be a good distance in front of him and have to be away from any walls since he will not fly into a wall. I also a fire tempest at the start but unsure if it did tail damage. Theoretically that could nuke the tail in 1 hit. Drake range attack is interesting, I just tend to doubt it will do any damage unless you +5 it
The wind up for the weapon art on Drake Sword is too long, I would think. Kalameet's attack cycle is too short so you'd get hit before it went off. I don't think it's possible to have enough poise to tank through its attacks.

Hmmmm. I wonder if that might actually work. Fire Tempest/Chaos Storm might be able to hit his tail even from beneath him. I'm going to try that!

The original Dark Souls didn't have soft bans for closing the game when invaded, but the Remaster does if you do it too much. It doesn't happen if you start menu -> quit. I still use the Homeward Bone method if I'm online and trying to focus on other online aspects. For anyone who doesn't know: The item icon for Homeward Bone in your active inventory will grey out when you're being invaded, so you can start -> quit before the invading phantom enters your realm.

that's actually good to hear...I hate when people Alt+ F4 when I invade...if you don't like invasions then just run back to the nearest bonfire and get killed so you don't have far to go to collect your souls...is this confirmed that you get soft-banned for exiting when being invaded?...does this apply to the later games as well?

In dark souls 2 I think the soft banned happened if you disconnected like 8 times or so. there is some consumable at the start location that could be used to reset the ban but it only respawns every 8 days or so. Not sure what DS3 does.

I finally managed to get Kalameet's tail last night and I found a decent way to go about it going forward. You basically stay at range until he flies toward you. From there, roll left (out of his way), followed by a second roll away from him, but directly beneath his tail. A lot of videos show something similar, but the key is that you want to be under the tip of his tail and not near the base. Near the base doesn't seem to count most of the time. He also seems to linger longer the further away you are.

In exploring the final areas near Manus, I had forgotten how much Humanity you can get down there. A single pass got me something like 25 Humanity and even a couple Twin Humanities. That's way more reliable than the rats if you're farming for a NG+ run.

that's actually good to hear...I hate when people Alt+ F4 when I invade...if you don't like invasions then just run back to the nearest bonfire and get killed so you don't have far to go to collect your souls...is this confirmed that you get soft-banned for exiting when being invaded?...does this apply to the later games as well?
Only with Alt+F4, or Guide->Quit Game on consoles. Start Menu->Quit before the phantom spawns doesn't count toward a soft ban. The people who this happen to I believe said it lasts just 24-48 hours. I'll have to find a source.

Aside from that, it is nice to see them employing anti-cheat this time and banning cheaters. I haven't run into one since the first week the game was out.
I finally managed to get Kalameet's tail last night and I found a decent way to go about it going forward. You basically stay at range until he flies toward you. From there, roll left (out of his way), followed by a second roll away from him, but directly beneath his tail. A lot of videos show something similar, but the key is that you want to be under the tip of his tail and not near the base. Near the base doesn't seem to count most of the time. He also seems to linger longer the further away you are.

In exploring the final areas near Manus, I had forgotten how much Humanity you can get down there. A single pass got me something like 25 Humanity and even a couple Twin Humanities. That's way more reliable than the rats if you're farming for a NG+ run.
Another tip is that standing still is the key to getting Kalameet to do that dive more often. If he comes in close to do a melee just let it happen. After 1-3 times he'll generally do the dive attack. I also find he does it more offten in the shaded area near the Titanite Slab chest. The closer you are to the cliff the more reluctant he is to do it.

Welp I think I have collected all the conventional weapons in the first run. After kalameet the next most annoying was the regular ghost blade. I need to see what armor drops I am missing, then tell the black smiths that I no longer require their services but will be needing those weapons....

Welp I think I have collected all the conventional weapons in the first run. After kalameet the next most annoying was the regular ghost blade. I need to see what armor drops I am missing, then tell the black smiths that I no longer require their services but will be needing those weapons....

I did that yesterday. I'm sure I missed some items along the way, but it couldn't have been more than a few things. Oddly, this time I've simply been happy using the Zweihander like 99% of the time. I have a pair of slabs I never even used. I might end up maxing out the Elite Knight set a some point I guess.

As dumb as it sounds, I refuse to use the Claymore because of the dumb looking sheath it comes with. It just looks idiotic in spite of it being arguably my favorite weapon.

Anyone have any recommended weapons for someone likes the larger swords (and clubs) but also wants something cool looking?

I did that yesterday. I'm sure I missed some items along the way, but it couldn't have been more than a few things. Oddly, this time I've simply been happy using the Zweihander like 99% of the time. I have a pair of slabs I never even used. I might end up maxing out the Elite Knight set a some point I guess.

As dumb as it sounds, I refuse to use the Claymore because of the dumb looking sheath it comes with. It just looks idiotic in spite of it being arguably my favorite weapon.

Anyone have any recommended weapons for someone likes the larger swords (and clubs) but also wants something cool looking?

Zweihander has average/poor scaling (C)...I like the Man-Serpent Greatsword for STR builds...A scaling (at +15), medium-fast swings and a ton of damage...you might have to farm those giant lizards at Sen's for awhile but it's worth it (just wear the Gold Serpent ring)

Zweihander has average/poor scaling (C)...I like the Man-Serpent Greatsword for STR builds...A scaling (at +15), medium-fast swings and a ton of damage...you might have to farm those giant lizards at Sen's for awhile but it's worth it (just wear the Gold Serpent ring)

MSGS has an amazing moveset (exactly same as Bastard Sword). I especially like the 2H R2 attack, given how fast it is. Never was a fan of the super slow 2H R2 attack or 1H R2 pokey attack the BKS and Claymore have, but other than that they have similar movesets.

Damage-wise, I don't find MSGS any better than the Black Knight weapons. The MSGS's A/B scaling seems amazing at first, but the base damage is so low that by the time you upgrade it to +15 and dump 30+ or so points into STR you've just caught up with the BK weapons. The BK weapons are instantly great out of the box, making them instantly overpowered for early game usage, assuming you're ok with investing those somewhat lofty stat requirements to wield them.

I do like both weapons for different reasons.

MSGS does have better bang for your buck value compared to any BK weapon since MSGS only requires a paltry 24 STR, which leaves you free to put points into other attributes. But the same could be said about the Zweihander or any other efficient weapon.

During my very first playthrough of Dark Souls PTDE I fell in love with the Zweihander. It's literally right there next to the Firelink Shrine bonfire. It has the lowest stat requirements of any Ultra Greatsword. It has a really good damage to weight ratio. It's a solid PvE weapon that can easily carry you through the entire game. That said, I found myself abusing the 2H R2 attack since it pretty much stunlocks everything that's not a boss (even Havel) and has an insane reach to go with it. The same could be said about the Greatclub though. Let's face it, the Zwei a slow weapon that hits like a truck. I find that whomp and stomp repetition gets old after a while.

My favorite DS1 weapon right now, and has been for some time, is the BK Halberd. It's my go-to weapon. Once you learn how to master that thing, it's a beast. It's nothing like the other Halberds in the game. Everything about it is unique. It's not a spinny pokey weapon (although it's got its own fancy pants attacks). The 2H R1 attack is amazing. Yeah it's the most boring attack of the entire moveset, but who cares? The 1H R1 and 2H R2 are ok (not as amazing as the MSGS's). The 1H R2 is absolute trash despite how cool it looks. I think its the BK Halberd's 2H R1 that keeps me coming back to it. I'll use 2H R1 85% of the time and then throw a fancy pants 2H R2 in there when I feel like I got some breathing room. It hits just as hard as the other BK weapons... and it's got reach. It is deadly in the right hands if you take into consideration that you can attack faster through successive hits (stamina being your only limit there). I mean, for your first playthrough, you're literally one-shotting everything without even upgrading the damn thing. And anything that isn't able to be one-shot just yet, you can follow up with a relatively quick attack for the dispatch. The second attack will almost always guarantee a poise-break for those larger hitpool enemies. It's an efficient poise breaking weapon just simply due to its potential speed. What makes the weapon "special" is that if you miss that first 2H R1 attack, you can quickly dodge roll out to rethink your next move. This is very forgiving mechanic compared to most other weapons in its class. One caveat, if you do miss your attack and choose not to dodge, you have to painfully wait out the attack recovery animation. So basically it's a fast+hard hitting weapon as long as you don't miss. It's the perfect weapon for a glass cannon build. It's even a viable weapon in PvP.

BK Halberd Pros:
  • Extremely high out-of-the-box damage (same story as any other BK weapon really).
  • Can be gotten really early game through farming+save-scumming (via BK knight in Darkroot Basin which doesn't respawn).
  • Really forgiving weapon given its "unique" moveset and damage class.
  • It just looks so damn cool.
Cons:
  • Insanely high stat requirements (32 STR and 18 DEX? Ouch.). It's also really heavy at 14 weight, making a low-level fast-roll build really tricky to pull off (but not impossible).
  • Not exactly an amazing moveset in the context of balanced performance. But it is in interesting moveset to say the least. Certainly not a boring moveset.
  • Upgraded through a less commonly found resource (but no Slab required!). Still, you can max it out at +5 by the time you reach Anor Londo/Lost Izalith, which is the game's half-way point.
  • Unless RN Jesus is being kind to you, requires save-scumming to get early game. You can ultimately farm it at the end of the game, but by then you've probably missed out on how rediculous the weapon truly is for a first playthrough.
  • Like most "special" weapons in the game, you can't infuse it with lightning and what-not. Trust me, it doesn't need it.
I think most people dismiss the BK Halberd due to the poor scaling and how you actually get it. The poor D scaling only matters if you're planning some SL120 or beyond build. Ironically, the sweet spot for any BK weapon is more like SL60-80, where all that A scaling competition is just catching up to the BK weapon base damage. Well, then there's the moveset. You either like it or you don't. I can't make you like it.

Last edited:
Amazingly out of all the times I've played through the game I've never done a strength build. I just started one last night that I plan on using the Demon's Greataxe with. Taurus Demon didn't drop it so I'll be joining the Cat Covenant to buy it in Blighttown. Don't know if I should go whole ham or not and stock up on Crystal versions or just go with a +15.

I like the moveset of the Claymore most, but I just can't get past that stupid looking sheath. The Zwei is kinda close, so I've just been going with that one. I got used to the greatswords in DS3. Feels like most of them in the first game have secondary stat requirements and scaling, which I'm not a fan of.
The great club and Man-Serpent have served me well in the past, but I'm kinda bored of them.
I'm at level 85 at the very beginning of NG+ and I'm getting invaded constantly. Feels like most of them have very specific PvP builds, too. I'm geared up to look snazzy (I like the elite knight gear) and mainly for PvE, so I'm not exactly doing great. The Black Knight Greataxe has done pretty well when I have time to equip it, though.

Amazingly out of all the times I've played through the game I've never done a strength build. I just started one last night that I plan on using the Demon's Greataxe with. Taurus Demon didn't drop it so I'll be joining the Cat Covenant to buy it in Blighttown. Don't know if I should go whole ham or not and stock up on Crystal versions or just go with a +15.

I tried that weapon because of the massive damage output but hated using it because the swing speed is ungodly slow...might work OK for a lot of the pve but still is not something I would use

Starting a new playthrough of this shortly (after I finish Bloodborne.) Wanna do a strength build (nothing fancy) so what are the recommended weapons to shoot for and stat build to go with?

With the large weapons, one way to alleviate how slow they are is to do the F+R2 jumping attack a lot. The jump takes a millisecond (and you can be hit out of it), but it gives them an attack that is nearly as fast as a small/fast weapon. It tends to flatten/knockdown small enemies and it often stuns larger ones.
If you don't care about aesthetics, the Giant Club and Claymore are pretty awesome. The Zwei, too. Plus, you find it almost immediately.

Starting a new playthrough of this shortly (after I finish Bloodborne.) Wanna do a strength build (nothing fancy) so what are the recommended weapons to shoot for and stat build to go with?

use the Zweihander until you get to Sen's Fortress...then farm for the Man-Serpent Greatsword...Zwei is OK but not great for the entire game because it's slow with bad scaling (only thing I like is the R2 pancake move where it flattens enemies)...some of the high damage STR weapons require like 40 or 50 STR so it's useless for a first run...

I used the Zweihander for nearly my entire first pass. It's challenging at first (when your life is low and it seems slow) but by the halfway mark you'll get used to it. The key to slow/STR weapons is to anticipate. Hit enemies before they can hit you. You'll learn the range to hit them as they approach, and the jump smash F+R2 can open up the defensive enemies.

don't ruin your play through. go blind, as you can only play the game for the first time once. zweihander is fine, it will easily take you through the entire game.

I definitely don't want to ruin my playthrough, but I don't want to end up gimping my character by wasting points beyond what's useful in Str or whatever. I mean I know it's not strictly necessary, but I do want to make a solid character.

I definitely don't want to ruin my playthrough, but I don't want to end up gimping my character by wasting points beyond what's useful in Str or whatever. I mean I know it's not strictly necessary, but I do want to make a solid character.

I'm sure there are Dark Souls junkies that can give you the ideal specs to shoot for, but you can generally just pile on strength, endurance, and vitality. Dexterity is needed for certain weapons and it never hurts to have a pyro glove (and at least 1 good spell) in your left hand...but it's not like you have to put a ton of points into those stats. I think my dexterity is 20 and my attunement is 15.
Havel's ring can alleviate heavy gear burdens, but it doesn't change your stamina.
Getting your vitality to 25+ means almost nothing can 1-shot you anymore. That gives you some freedom to just wade in and exchange hits with a lot of enemies.

stats cap out for the most part at 40. for strength if you choose to two hand then you get a 1.5 multiplier, so 27 will take you to the cap. Single hand you want 40. You want 40 for endurance and vitality also. Dexterity you only want to where you meet minimum required for weapons. Don't put points in intelligence, faith or attunement unless you plan to use magic. NEVER put points in resistance. That is a garbage stat.

I think this will get you to level 90 or so and will be solid for anything you choose to do.

so many people here recommending Zweihander...that's a total newb weapon like the Drake sword...get a real weapon and enjoy the game :D

I need details! I've barely got any Dark Souls 1 experience (I made it as far as the plant guys before) so this is basically all new to me :)
At one point in the game you'll face a pair of bosses that consists of a skinny guy and a fat guy. You want to kill the skinny one first so you can get the fat one's soul. There is a blacksmith in the same region as this boss that will take boss souls and a +10 weapon of the same type to convert it into a new demon weapon, which Smough's Hammer is. It requires the most amount of strength for any weapon in the game: 58 for 1-handing, 39 for 2-handing. It also has the highest amount of base damage if I'm not mistaken, but it only has D-scaling, meaning you won't see much above that as the soft cap for D-scaling is around 16-20 (soft cap means you need a lot more investment in that particular stat to see any gains). It is worth doing at least once, though, because of how laughably scaled the weapon is and almost everything gets knocked down by its R1/RB attack.

For a first playthrough you shouldn't be specializing, yet. Really there is no way to mess your character up in this game. Just keep collecting loot and adjusting stats to fit the gear and possibly spells you like and want to use. The game is actually designed in this way if you think about it.

In the Undead Burg where you go to the first boss, there is a chest that gives you Gold Pine Resin, which adds lightning damage to your weapon. You don't have access to any good equipment at this point in the game, but the Taurus Demon is weak against lightning, giving you a much needed edge at that point. Not long after you reach an area that introduces the Balder Knights, which pose a lot more danger than the undead soldiers and warriors you've been facing up to this point. Outside the church you can pick up your first decent weapon in the Halberd. The long reach and increased damage give you a better fighting chance against these new enemies. The area prior to the church has a good density of enemies, allowing you to farm souls to reach the required stats of 16 strength and 12 dexterity.

One of these that I did not know about for the longest time was in the Anor Londo area. In a secret area you will find several chests, one of which is an Occult Club. It is seemingly useless when you get it, so most players probably chucked it one way or another. But one of the area bosses is weak against the dark damage modifier that is on this weapon, in addition to taking slightly more damage from a weapon with striking damage.

So the key to playing Dark Souls is to be observant of everything and adapt accordingly.
stats cap out for the most part at 40. for strength if you choose to two hand then you get a 1.5 multiplier, so 27 will take you to the cap. Single hand you want 40. You want 40 for endurance and vitality also. Dexterity you only want to where you meet minimum required for weapons. Don't put points in intelligence, faith or attunement unless you plan to use magic. NEVER put points in resistance. That is a garbage stat.

I think this will get you to level 90 or so and will be solid for anything you choose to do.
Resistance isn't entirely a garbage stat, but you need to invest far too much into it for it to be useful, making it generally a waste to invest points in unless you're going for maximum level. I tried it once going to the soft cap of 30 and it actually adds a decent amount of survival from the added fire defense in NG. Unfortunately it is immediately useless when you reach NG+.

Eh, no. No matter what you may get out of resistance in NG, the same points put into endurance will allow you to equip heavier armors and make more attacks. That is the basis of the giant dad build

I barely mess with PvP, but is there a good way to open people up who refuse to engage? It feels like the most common strategy I see is people that get close and simply will not do anything until you act first. Then they either roll, parry, or circle around. I've tried kicking, but that doesn't seem to actually leave them open enough for a follow up. Is there an anti-turtle technique that doesn't involve high-level magic?

I barely mess with PvP, but is there a good way to open people up who refuse to engage? It feels like the most common strategy I see is people that get close and simply will not do anything until you act first. Then they either roll, parry, or circle around. I've tried kicking, but that doesn't seem to actually leave them open enough for a follow up. Is there an anti-turtle technique that doesn't involve high-level magic?
In these situations I just kill myself. They're wasting your time.

At one point in the game you'll face a pair of bosses that consists of a skinny guy and a fat guy. You want to kill the skinny one first so you can get the fat one's soul. There is a blacksmith in the same region as this boss that will take boss souls and a +10 weapon of the same type to convert it into a new demon weapon, which Smough's Hammer is. It requires the most amount of strength for any weapon in the game: 58 for 1-handing, 39 for 2-handing. It also has the highest amount of base damage if I'm not mistaken, but it only has D-scaling, meaning you won't see much above that as the soft cap for D-scaling is around 16-20 (soft cap means you need a lot more investment in that particular stat to see any gains). It is worth doing at least once, though, because of how laughably scaled the weapon is and almost everything gets knocked down by its R1/RB attack.

For a first playthrough you shouldn't be specializing, yet. Really there is no way to mess your character up in this game. Just keep collecting loot and adjusting stats to fit the gear and possibly spells you like and want to use. The game is actually designed in this way if you think about it.

In the Undead Burg where you go to the first boss, there is a chest that gives you Gold Pine Resin, which adds lightning damage to your weapon. You don't have access to any good equipment at this point in the game, but the Taurus Demon is weak against lightning, giving you a much needed edge at that point. Not long after you reach an area that introduces the Balder Knights, which pose a lot more danger than the undead soldiers and warriors you've been facing up to this point. Outside the church you can pick up your first decent weapon in the Halberd. The long reach and increased damage give you a better fighting chance against these new enemies. The area prior to the church has a good density of enemies, allowing you to farm souls to reach the required stats of 16 strength and 12 dexterity.

One of these that I did not know about for the longest time was in the Anor Londo area. In a secret area you will find several chests, one of which is an Occult Club. It is seemingly useless when you get it, so most players probably chucked it one way or another. But one of the area bosses is weak against the dark damage modifier that is on this weapon, in addition to taking slightly more damage from a weapon with striking damage

I'm not sure killing Ornstein first is that much better then vice versa...they both have their pluses and minuses...Ornstein's boss weapon (Dragonslayer Spear) is excellent but I prefer killing Ornstein first as I'm not a spear guy...there's no need to waste Gold resin on Taurus Demon at all...he is probably the easiest boss in the game (yes even easier then Pinwheel)...all you need to do is run back and climb the ladder to the tower each time and do the drop move which will inflict massive damage...as far as the Occult club, I always covert it to Divine Club +5 which is exactly what you need in the Catacombs to kill the undead skeletons...but as with any part of Dark Souls there are multiple ways to build your character and defeat enemies so you need to find what works best with your individual playstyle

Well, generally killing ornstein second, you get his spear (+ring), IMO that is much easier than killing him second in NG+. Why most people prefer to kill smough first.

I'm not sure killing Ornstein first is that much better then vice versa...they both have their pluses and minuses...Ornstein's boss weapon (Dragonslayer Spear) is excellent but I prefer killing Ornstein first as I'm not a spear guy...there's no need to waste Gold resin on Taurus Demon at all...he is probably the easiest boss in the game (yes even easier then Pinwheel)...all you need to do is run back and climb the ladder to the tower each time and do the drop move which will inflict massive damage...as far as the Occult club, I always covert it to Divine Club +5 which is exactly what you need in the Catacombs to kill the undead skeletons...but as with any part of Dark Souls there are multiple ways to build your character and defeat enemies so you need to find what works best with your individual playstyle
I was giving guidance on Smough's Hammer since he was interested. I always found Super Ornstein easier than Super Smough, so I always kill him last unless I want Smough's soul or armor.

Wanted to add that Gold Pine Resin is a common drop in the Darkroot Garden from the Mushroom Parents, so you're not "wasting" anything. Yes, Taurus Demon is simple for a veteran, but not so much for new players.

Last edited:
Back