Dark Souls is on Steam

My strategy against most enemies in Blooborne involved spamming the Axe's charge-up attack. It either knocks down or stuns most foes and it hits a bunch of times. With the right timing, you can even loop it.
With Logarius, I think I ended up running around a lot more and trying to hide behind walls while charging up the Axe. Once it lands, hit him a couple more times and get out of dodge.
I know a lot of people struggled with him, but I think I got him after the 3rd try.
I actually never died on the last 2-3 plotline bosses. I think Bloodborne was much more challenging at the beginning than the end. By the end, I'd gotten the timing on that charge move and dodge spamming.

I only save cheese for the Bed of Chaos fight because I feel that it was so poorly designed. I'll have to try that standing-in-the-middle-and-tossing-Firebombs-at-the-roots strat now that I found out about it.

Thanks for the responses to my questions. Sounds like I might like this after all. I actually don't mind becoming overpowered in games. (well, in some games it's fun, in others it can be tedious after a while.) Still though, sounds like I can play the way I like to play, so I will give this game a serious attempt in the near future.

Thanks for the responses to my questions. Sounds like I might like this after all. I actually don't mind becoming overpowered in games. (well, in some games it's fun, in others it can be tedious after a while.) Still though, sounds like I can play the way I like to play, so I will give this game a serious attempt in the near future.

Its always great to see someone new being exposed to the wonderful world of Dark Souls. Dont get discouraged when you are first starting out. The game has quite the learning curve and it took me a while to get the hang of things. Once I did though I was hooked big time. The good news is there are pleny of places too look for help if you get stuck.

magic is very viable in the first Dark Souls game...magic is not as good in Dark Souls 2

magic is very viable in the first Dark Souls game...magic is not as good in Dark Souls 2

That might actually be fine. I only have the first one currently. I was holding off on buying the second one until I decided whether I liked the first or not. I'll do magic on the first, and if it ends up hooking me, then I'll try to broaden my horizons a bit with the second one, and play a different style. I have the newer edition of the first, so I'll pick up the newer edition of the second if things go well with this one.

I actually don't mind becoming overpowered in games.

you are not going to have that issue your first playthrough. mostly you are going to die. a lot. But that is ok. when you conquer sections it becomes all worth it. It is a sense of satisfaction you won't find in other games that have regenerating health and so forth.

The amount of souls needed to level up, the tediousness of getting titanite slabs, and soft level caps keep you from ever getting too insanely powerful in your first pass of Dark Souls. You can definitely get strong enough where 1-shot kills rarely happen and certain bosses aren't as rough as they could be.
No matter what you're rocking or what your stats are, some fights are a total nightmare.
Artorias and Kalameet come to mind.

The amount of souls needed to level up, the tediousness of getting titanite slabs, and soft level caps keep you from ever getting too insanely powerful in your first pass of Dark Souls. You can definitely get strong enough where 1-shot kills rarely happen and certain bosses aren't as rough as they could be.
No matter what you're rocking or what your stats are, some fights are a total nightmare.
Artorias and Kalameet come to mind.

I guess it depends on your play style. I never found Artorius hard, in fact it is my favorite fight in the whole game, because its the only one that feels like an actual sword duel. Ironically I first fought him with the Greatsword of Artorius, everything was perfect. A smile on my face the whole time. (Doesn't mean I beat him the first time, we tangoed at least 3 times. And it was glorious.)

Kalameet on the other hand....... I'm never doing that fight again. Just, no.

Right now I'm suffering through Bloodborne, and while I'm fairly sure I'm like 3/4 of the way, at least 2/3 of the way, through the whole game, I've hit a wall bigtime. Currently I can fight like 4 different things, and they all kick my ass. Amygdala is rough but I think I can beat it at some point soon. Martyr Logarius has basically proven impossible for me, I think I only got him below 1/2 once in like 6 or 7 runs. I've read strategies and still have trouble, but never see any co-op summon signs. Also can't kill the One Reborn yet, though I've only tried that one a couple times. As tends to be the case with the Souls games, for me at least, I have a general idea of what I need to do... but I'm too burned out throwing myself against the wall to do it.

Hey dude, Bloodborne does not have summon signs. At all. Its like a zone thing in that game. People in the same "zone" will be pulled into your game and vice versa.
Ring your Beckoning bell and just keep playing. Or sit down and wait (Logarius boss door). Someone in the same "zone" will resonate.

(If you need someone for the One Reborn battle, ring your bell AT the lamp and wait. If you do it in front of the boss door, you wont get anyone. That is because everyone dies before getting there, and obviously people are spawning by the lamp, which is where most people will be ringing their bells.)

Hey dude, Bloodborne does not have summon signs. At all. Its like a zone thing in that game. People in the same "zone" will be pulled into your game and vice versa.
Ring your Beckoning bell and just keep playing. Or sit down and wait (Logarius boss door). Someone in the same "zone" will resonate

Bloodborne does have summoning signs- but they are for NPC summons not other players...they added it in with the last patch...

Bloodborne does have summoning signs- but they are for NPC summons not other players...they added it in with the last patch...

Really dude?
Those are not summoning signs. Those are NPC bells, that are not everywhere(Logarius). He is talking about summoning CO OP players.

Really dude?
Those are not summoning signs. Those are NPC bells. That are not everywhere(Logarius). He is talking about summoning CO OP players.

it's the Old Hunter NPC's...you do not need to ring any bells to see the signs...they are NPC summoning signs that show up on the ground so they work the same as Dark Souls 1 and 2...NPC summons are very useful when you cannot find another player

it's the Old Hunter NPC's...technically they are not summoning signs but you do not need to ring any bells to see the signs...they are NPC summing signs that show up on the ground so they works the same as Dark Souls 1 and 2

And? Noone brought up NPC's except you.
If he wants to beat Logarius, there is no NPC bell in that area, he needs to ring his bell.
Again, that is how multiplayer in Bloodborne works. Multiplayer is NOT sign based, like Dark Souls. That is the point here.

And? Noone brought up NPC's except you.
If he wants to beat Logarius, there is no NPC bell in that area, he needs to ring his bell.
Again, that is how multiplayer in Bloodborne works. Multiplayer is NOT sign based, like Dark Souls. That is the point here.

I don't know why you're getting all worked up...he wasn't just talking about Logarius, he also mentioned Amygdala and One Reborn...and there are many NPC summoning signs available after the last patch...

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Old+Hunters

I don't know why you're getting all worked up...he wasn't just talking about Logarius, he also mentioned Amygdala and One Reborn...and there are many NPC summoning signs available after the last patch...

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Old+Hunters

And I don't know why you are stalking my posts for getting the last word with everything.
Read his post again, his exact words "but never see any co-op summon signs", which is what I'm answering.
If you want to add more to that be my guest, but quit trying to rebuttal everything I say.

And I don't know why you are stalking my posts for getting the last word with everything.
Read his post again, his exact words "but never see any co-op summon signs", which is what I'm answering.
If you want to add more to that be my guest, but quit trying to rebuttal everything I say.

when you're giving incorrect information it needs to be 'rebutted'- Ceaseless Discharge killing himself, Nito skeletons eternally spawning and now this

when you're giving incorrect information it needs to be 'rebutted'- Ceaseless Discharge killing himself, Nito skeletons eternally spawning and now this

Really, the summoning system of Bloodborne is incorrect information? You are seriously ridiculous. Go on and tell me how anything I said about that is incorrect. Just because I didn't talk about the NPC bell, that once again has NOTHING to do with summoning real people in that game. That is additional information that I didn't touch upon, but in your eyes its all wrong. Same with the skeletons in the Nito fight, I said nothing incorrect, but left out the divine weapon hint, so its all wrong. Get out of here with that crap.

I think most hard core Souls players prefer Dark Souls 1 over DS2 by a long shot...the later From Software games are better from a technical standpoint but they don't match the atmosphere, level design and gameplay of the original...DS1- Bloodborne- DS2 is the order I would rank them...

Ds1 was definitely better than 2 for me, and I'd like to have an opinion on Demon's Souls, but I can't seem to get more than Luke 3 bosses in, if that.

I havent played DS2 yet so its hard to say for sure, but I think even going into DS2 blind it will be hard to match the feeling of playing a Souls game for the first time. I dont think that will take away from DS2 and from what I have heard its a great game, but its going to be hard to match the feelings I had when first playing DS and I had no clue what I was doing or where I was going. Figuring things out and finally beating a boss seemed like much more of an acheivment because the game wasnt holding your hand the whole time. I think some of that will be taken away from DS2 for me because I have already been exposed to the core mechanics of the game.

Still need to beat Dark Souls II after eating demon's souls and dark souls a couple years ago.

a lot of the game mechanics are better in DS2. The world is much bigger. The sections in the regular game do not interconnect (much) like the world in DS1. The DLC is great though. The bosses... some you fight multiple times, others reuse the same movesets. So that was a bit cheap. The game is certainly easier. You can't get stuck in dead zones like DS1. It is well worth completing.

I havent played DS2 yet so its hard to say for sure, but I think even going into DS2 blind it will be hard to match the feeling of playing a Souls game for the first time. I dont think that will take away from DS2 and from what I have heard its a great game, but its going to be hard to match the feelings I had when first playing DS and I had no clue what I was doing or where I was going. Figuring things out and finally beating a boss seemed like much more of an acheivment because the game wasnt holding your hand the whole time. I think some of that will be taken away from DS2 for me because I have already been exposed to the core mechanics of the game.

If you want a new challenge, Demon's Souls is significantly different. A PS3 is super cheap these days and the game is ~$10, if that. Totally worth the cost. On top of that there are a lot of now very inexpensive PS3 exclusives that are worth checking out as well. If you're a big From Software fan, there are several PS3 exclusive Armored Core titles as well.

If you want a new challenge, Demon's Souls is significantly different. A PS3 is super cheap these days and the game is ~$10, if that. Totally worth the cost. On top of that there are a lot of now very inexpensive PS3 exclusives that are worth checking out as well. If you're a big From Software fan, there are several PS3 exclusive Armored Core titles as well.

I already have a PS3 and have been thinking about picking up Demon's Souls. If it wasnt for the fact that I have like 3 other PS3 games still to play plus 20-30 on PC I would have probably picked it up by now. I will probably pick it up some day though.

every year there seems to be a new rumor about a Demon's Souls remaster coming to PS4...hopefully one of these days the rumor becomes fact as I've never played Demon's Souls and would love to give it a go

every year there seems to be a new rumor about a Demon's Souls remaster coming to PS4...hopefully one of these days the rumor becomes fact as I've never played Demon's Souls and would love to give it a go

Honestly I'd be surprised if it happens, but I hope it does since I'd totally be willing to see a better looking version of Demon's Souls.

my nephews let me borrow their PS3, just finished playing demon souls. enjoyed it. I can see where a lot of the inspiration came for DaS.

Well fuck. I guess I know what I'm playing this weekend. Probably should go update the what are you nerds playing this weekend thread... :D

Well fuck. I guess I know what I'm playing this weekend. Probably should go update the what are you nerds playing this weekend thread... :D

Make sure you are using DSfix is you are playing on PC. It we be much more enjoyable and will look at lot better if you do. Its very easy to get setup and there are a ton of places that explain how if you are unsure.

Make sure you are using DSfix is you are playing on PC. It we be much more enjoyable and will look at lot better if you do. Its very easy to get setup and there are a ton of places that explain how if you are unsure.

Thanks for the tip! Shouldn't be a problem. I regularly mod things like System Shock 2 for example. :D

yup, DSfix is pretty much mandatory!...makes a big difference graphics-wise plus you can tweak the HUD etc

I loved the witcher series and want a game that can give some challenge in a similar way. Is the dark souls series a buy for me? I have been tempted to buy the first one numerous times. Also, would it be best to start with one or two?

the game is very different from witcher, with a heavy emphasis on precise combat, and learning what not to do when it results in death. yeah, it is awesome, you should get both. DS1 is better in story and world lore IMO. DS2 is like a "mass market" version. They refined a lot of the control mechanics and rough edges from DS1 but the story is not very engaging and the world, although bigger, does not fit together as well.

I loved the witcher series and want a game that can give some challenge in a similar way. Is the dark souls series a buy for me? I have been tempted to buy the first one numerous times. Also, would it be best to start with one or two?

DS1 is the better game and the better true Souls experience...DS2 made some compromises to make it more 'accessible' to new players...DS2's saving grace was the 3-part DLC...both games are excellent in their own way but for me DS1 is the better game and should be played first

the game is very different from witcher, with a heavy emphasis on precise combat, and learning what not to do when it results in death. yeah, it is awesome, you should get both. DS1 is better in story and world lore IMO. DS2 is like a "mass market" version. They refined a lot of the control mechanics and rough edges from DS1 but the story is not very engaging and the world, although bigger, does not fit together as well.

DS1 is the better game and the better true Souls experience...DS2 made some compromises to make it more 'accessible' to new players...DS2's saving grace was the 3-part DLC...both games are excellent in their own way but for me DS1 is the better game and should be played first

I would like to add that while the Witcher will give you some tutorials, there is really nothing like that at all in DS1. You have to "figure it out" along the way, and the mechanism in which you do so (trial and error and error and error) is where the series gets its infamy. It's also more of a true "RPG" where your character, skills, appearance, is really up to you. With the Witcher you were always Geralt - sure, a different type of Geralt, but always Geralt.

Back