Dark Souls is on Steam

I'm playing this game again but using an estoc. One of the most fun things about Dark Souls is that there are enough different builds weapons and strategies that you can play the game many different times and if you change it up different it freshens it up a lot. Yes granted there are cheap ways to kill enemies but if you really want to sharpen your skills try playing this game with a wide variety of weapons and builds.

I'm playing this game again but using an estoc. One of the most fun things about Dark Souls is that there are enough different builds weapons and strategies that you can play the game many different times and if you change it up different it freshens it up a lot. Yes granted there are cheap ways to kill enemies but if you really want to sharpen your skills try playing this game with a wide variety of weapons and builds.

Yes, definitely. It has true replay value. It's not just some contrived feature like "pick a different morality path that barely changes the game" or " pick a different branch of super moves' or "go back and collect all the things". It's actual affecting gameplay differences that greatly impact your experience and how you approach each situation.

Yes, definitely. It has true replay value. It's not just some contrived feature like "pick a different morality path that barely changes the game" or " pick a different branch of super moves' or "go back and collect all the things". It's actual affecting gameplay differences that greatly impact your experience and how you approach each situation.

Yep definitely. I think Dark Souls is my #1 favorite game of all time so far so I'm definitely excited to play Dark Souls II in a few weeks from now.

OptimalEvilBarasinga.gif

lol

I'm still playing around in Anor Londo--I think i've got it pretty much cleared and only have to kill Ornstein and Smough. I tried them once last night before calling it, and fared better than i thought!

Got the fast little bitch dead, and the ogre to about half hp before i messed up and he killed me... so I'm pretty sure i can beat these guys in a few more tries.

One thing i'm wondering--how do i get my weapon above +10?

You need the very large ember that you can find two rooms before you get to the Four Kings doorway in New Londo. It's on the upper levels. There are three darkwraiths and a single spawn blob of bodies in that room initially.

lol

I'm still playing around in Anor Londo--I think i've got it pretty much cleared and only have to kill Ornstein and Smough. I tried them once last night before calling it, and fared better than i thought!

Got the fast little bitch dead, and the ogre to about half hp before i messed up and he killed me... so I'm pretty sure i can beat these guys in a few more tries.

One thing i'm wondering--how do i get my weapon above +10?
I think Super Ornstein is easier and more fun than Super Smough. The battle is more dynamic and faster because you have to stand in between his legs. Super Smough is just about keeping a pillar in between him and yourself, and running to try and get a single attack in before he starts another attack. But I may be weird in thinking this ;).

I think Super Ornstein is easier and more fun than Super Smough. The battle is more dynamic and faster because you have to stand in between his legs. Super Smough is just about keeping a pillar in between him and yourself, and running to try and get a single attack in before he starts another attack. But I may be weird in thinking this ;).

Ahh i was wondering about this. Whichever one you kill first the other becomes super?

Which one is the fast one?

You need the very large ember that you can find two rooms before you get to the Four Kings doorway in New Londo. It's on the upper levels. There are three darkwraiths and a single spawn blob of bodies in that room initially.

Oh that's right, I do remember hearing that it was in New Londo, and I think I have to get through Anor Londo in order to lower the water. I heard there's a bug to lower the water without doing Anor Londo, and i don't want to risk it.

there is speedy and fatty. speedy uses the lightning spear. fatty uses the hammer. if you kill fatty first then you get a ring when you kill speedy.

for new londo ruins you can do them at any time. some people have lost a key drop when killing the mage, but it seems to be rare. I always do the area early and have not seen any issues.

there is speedy and fatty. speedy uses the lightning spear. fatty uses the hammer. if you kill fatty first then you get a ring when you kill speedy.

for new londo ruins you can do them at any time. some people have lost a key drop when killing the mage, but it seems to be rare. I always do the area early and have not seen any issues.

Oh there's only a good reward from killing in the order Fatty > Speedy?

That must be the harder way then lol

you get the leo ring, which gives you additional damage with piercing weapons when you block then retaliate

if you summon people the general idea is to always kill smough (fatty) so you get the ring drop from ornstein. If you are aiming for completion it would be easier to kill super smough in NG+ vs super ornstein

Oh there's only a good reward from killing in the order Fatty > Speedy?

That must be the harder way then lol

If you kill Fatty later you can buy his armor at the merchant but honestly I prefer Black Iron or the Giants set over his armor even though his is the strongest set that doesn't need to be upgraded in the game.

Ornstein's armour is a much better prize, IMHO.
Definitely for faster builds. I dont think I have ever even equipped Smough's armour. Too heavy, and there's better armour (Guardian, Stone, Havel) at that weight.
I find Super Ornstein harder because he does that lunge attack that can reach you from the other side of the room, plus his lightening defense skyrockets when he transforms. Horrible moment for my FAIT50 build. Had to cut him down the rest of the battle. Smough is easy, as long as you dance around the pillars with him and use any projectiles you have.

Fatty is also weak to lightening before transformation, so real easy to take down with a Sunbro....

Thanks for all the info. Where do people typically summon for this boss? I want more sunlight medals so i think i'll do some co-op on this boss to get more familiar.

Thanks for all the info. Where do people typically summon for this boss? I want more sunlight medals so i think i'll do some co-op on this boss to get more familiar.

Bonfire 2.
Sometimes you will see one by the fog gate, but most people summon from the 2nd bonfire. It's a short way from there to the fog gate. (exit bonfire room, go left, pass the spiral stairs(kill SK), first room on right(2 SK's)> go upstairs> turn right to straight stairs to main hall before fog gate.)

Bonfire 2.
Sometimes you will see one by the fog gate, but most people summon from the 2nd bonfire. It's a short way from there to the fog gate. (exit bonfire room, go left, pass the spiral stairs(kill SK), first room on right(2 SK's)> go upstairs> turn right to straight stairs to main hall before fog gate.)

Woot thanks. Isn't that bonfire 3 tho?

Easier to just say the majority of summon signs are placed in the bonfire room with Solaire.

Got some help last night and killed O&S. This seems like the end of Anor Londo... yes?

Now with the Lordvessel I can finally warp around. Boy that feels nice! But... now what? LOL

I guess New Londo Ruins since i have some quest with the firekeeper and such...

Got some help last night and killed O&S. This seems like the end of Anor Londo... yes?

Now with the Lordvessel I can finally warp around. Boy that feels nice! But... now what? LOL

I guess New Londo Ruins since i have some quest with the firekeeper and such...

The princess tells you where(who) to go next. That person will reveal what is next.

You can also go through New Londo Ruins and beat the boss for an alternative explanation/path, but I'm assuming you want to continue the game as they made it and follow the storyline without spoilers, so just assume New Londo is too hard and one of the last places you will conquer.

You have to beat another boss before you will even be able to access the boss of New Londo. There's nothing worth mentioning for a faith build down there, Ingward can cure curses, so thats nice I suppose... I'd definitely go there last on the first playthrough.

The princess tells you where(who) to go next. That person will reveal what is next.

You can also go through New Londo Ruins and beat the boss for an alternative explanation/path, but I'm assuming you want to continue the game as they made it and follow the storyline without spoilers, so just assume New Londo is too hard and one of the last places you will conquer.

You have to beat another boss before you will even be able to access the boss of New Londo. There's nothing worth mentioning for a faith build down there, Ingward can cure curses, so thats nice I suppose... I'd definitely go there last on the first playthrough.

Oh damn, she did? How'd i miss that ><

Hopefully i can coax her into spilling her secrets again!

I don't mind going back and talking to her... Amazing chest is right...

Last edited:
few things -

you may have noticed a large painting in anor londo, may be worth exploring it
on the large turning spiral staircase there is a bonfire at the very bottom, with a ring you may see something interesting
you may want to visit dukes - it was barred by a gold wall that now will be gone - kill the crystal golem and you can start the DLC
you can also eplore lost izalith - go back to where you killed queelag
and the catacombs/skellies are also calling for you
as for new londo ruins, getting a +15 would be very worth it

...so just assume New Londo is too hard and one of the last places you will conquer...

I did New Londo before Anor Londo on my current playthrough. I haven't even gotten estus upgrade yet :p

Of course I did take a +14 Zweihander buffed with lightning resin into the battle... on my mage. Sometimes you just need to hit things really hard. :)

after Anor Londo I wouldn't necessarily listen to the princess and follow her directions...I think the correct story path is to do the alternate path (which is not very obvious)...the game definitely wants you to follow her path but in my opinion the other way is best (plus you get access to my favorite covenant)

after Anor Londo I wouldn't necessarily listen to the princess and follow her directions...I think the correct story path is to do the alternate path (which is not very obvious)...the game definitely wants you to follow her path but in my opinion the other way is best (plus you get access to my favorite covenant)

Yeah, but you know about that already.
He's on his first play through, we would have to spoil a few things to get him down there. In fact, even saying whats down there is a spoiler, and he doesn't have the ring to even finish the area, so kinda pointless at the moment anyway...

Yeah, but you know about that already.
He's on his first play through, we would have to spoil a few things to get him down there. In fact, even saying whats down there is a spoiler, and he doesn't have the ring to even finish the area, so kinda pointless at the moment anyway...

a first time player might have the ring before reaching Anor Londo or they could get it immediately after...it all depends which path they took earlier in the game

a first time player might have the ring before reaching Anor Londo or they could get it immediately after...it all depends which path they took earlier in the game

Yeah... but he didn't.
It's obviously possible, I ran down there before anything on my first NG+, but of course I knew everything at that point.

We are trying to not spoil his first playthrough. That's why I keep pointing him in the direction where the game will guide him what to do next. Obviously we know all the secrets...

Well that surprised me, bonfire keeper dead and I didn't ring the bell. Didn't realize there was another trigger for that to happen. Just wondering, but anyone know what happens when you die, if the last place you rested was firelink and now the keeper is dead?

Well that surprised me, bonfire keeper dead and I didn't ring the bell. Didn't realize there was another trigger for that to happen. Just wondering, but anyone know what happens when you die, if the last place you rested was firelink and now the keeper is dead?

I think it just takes you back to firelink but you can't rest there anymore until you restore the keeper. (If you get both the blight-town fire keeper soul and the undead parish soul it will happen even if you haven't rung both bells)

DO NOT PURCHSE FROM CJS CD Keys's

THEY TAKE WAY TO LONG AND STOLE MY DARK SOULS 2 KEY

Stop payment?
I had to do this once. I think it was that same site. They take more orders than they can handle and on release day will send you bullshit emails saying they need more time or whatever. Took 2 weeks for them to send me my preorder key for BF3. I told them to forget it and had citibank do a charge back. Had my money back in 10 minutes. They are indeed shady and none of their emails are formated and look like they came from a 10 year old.

Or just avoid russian and chinese key sites trying to pass off illegal keys intended for other regions, and you won't have those problems.

On the dumb scale it ranks right up there with filing a complaint to the police that you got ripped off on a bag of weed

Or just avoid russian and chinese key sites trying to pass off illegal keys intended for other regions, and you won't have those problems.

On the dumb scale it ranks right up there with filing a complaint to the police that you got ripped off on a bag of weed

Except they are legit keys, they are just meant to RS/CIS usually (where it's much cheaper), then these places take them and re-sell the keys back to the other regions where the games are more expensive.

Steam can sometimes crack down on these (IE the game region locks shortly before relase) or the key simply won't work in the regoin you are in.

That's why I stick with GMG and the "legit" sellers, usualy get the games (with a voucher) for around the same price as these cd key sites.

I do hope he gets his money/cd key one though, no one deserves to be ripped off becaues they were simply trying to find ithe best deal for a video game.

Except they are legit keys, they are just meant to RS/CIS usually (where it's much cheaper), then these places take them and re-sell the keys back to the other regions where the games are more expensive.

Steam can sometimes crack down on these (IE the game region locks shortly before relase) or the key simply won't work in the regoin you are in.

That's why I stick with GMG and the "legit" sellers, usualy get the games (with a voucher) for around the same price as these cd key sites.

I do hope he gets his money/cd key one though, no one deserves to be ripped off becaues they were simply trying to find ithe best deal for a video game.

indeed. I've learned that lesson the hard way and now strictly use GMG too!

Are they ever going to patch GFWL out of this game? The deadline is coming up. I'm powering through GTA4 (an all-time fave of mine) just in case it stops working, too.

For some reason I doubt they will ever patch out GFWL, especially after they released a new version (well later today). No big deal for me I don't like any of the multiplayer features of DS1 or 2. As long as I can still play the game completely offline I am fine.

While I don't doubt you got some run around in your email correspondance or whatever, it appears the Euro version of Ds2 has been delayed to May 2nd. Something they weren't expecting:

https://www.facebook.com/CJSCDKEYS/posts/10152352037869250?stream_ref=10

*I have bought keys from them before. They are a legit site and I don't doubt this is a fluke of a situation. Albeit maybe not handled well by individuals, when communicating with customers.

Back