Dark Souls is on Steam

There's a low leveler invading like mad in Duke's Archives right now by the name of WraithSpanks. Must've killed him over a dozen times; he's only gotten me twice... Get at em if you want some easy humanity. All he's got is the lag stab.

There's a low leveler invading like mad in Duke's Archives right now by the name of WraithSpanks. Must've killed him over a dozen times; he's only gotten me twice... Get at em if you want some easy humanity. All he's got is the lag stab.

He got me last night in the Duke's Archives. I forgot I was human and I went to throw some food in the oven and then outside for a quick smoke break and when I came back I was hollow. My bad, that's what I get for forgetting I was human and not quitting out of the game if I'm gonna be AFK.

He got me last night in the Duke's Archives. I forgot I was human and I went to throw some food in the oven and then outside for a quick smoke break and when I came back I was hollow. My bad, that's what I get for forgetting I was human and not quitting out of the game if I'm gonna be AFK.

Haha, I see that a lot when I touch bloodstains; a dude that appears to be AFK, then suddenly he's on the receiving end of a backstab.

Exit to the start screen whenever you go AFK. You lose nothing, other than 5 seconds of loading time ;)

Exit to the start screen whenever you go AFK. You lose nothing, other than 5 seconds of loading time ;)

It also purges your IP pool. So if you have a friend you've been playing with, you'll have to sit through a few more failed summon attempts before another successful connection is made (usually takes us 10-30 minutes).

For that reason I go chameleon or ring of fog and hide when AFK.

Stupid Carpa demon boss. I beat him on my second try on the ps3 version. PC version i'm on my like 20th try....

sdfkjxklcfgxjfnhdjk

I must be lucky when it comes to the Capra demon. I always hear horror stories about him, but I've beaten him on my second try both times I've played. On both first tries his stupid dogs blocked my path, but on the second go-round I start running to the right and then cut left up the stairs. Once you're up there, it's not so bad. He's not too different from the Taurus demon.

Any one know of a dagger glitch that causes disconnects? I was helping a newbie through parish when he got invaded by a guy from UK named Hateyon. We were both surprised since he spawned right on top of us, then he nicked me with his dagger immediately disconnecting me from the game. A few seconds later I get a message, "DAGGER OF DISCONNECT BITCH. THATS FOR HITTING ME WHEN I SPAWNED. GET GUD SCRUB"

Is this an exploit of some sort? Never seen it before in any of my NG+'s

Any one know of a dagger glitch that causes disconnects? I was helping a newbie through parish when he got invaded by a guy from UK named Hateyon. We were both surprised since he spawned right on top of us, then he nicked me with his dagger immediately disconnecting me from the game. A few seconds later I get a message, "DAGGER OF DISCONNECT BITCH. THATS FOR HITTING ME WHEN I SPAWNED. GET GUD SCRUB"

Is this an exploit of some sort? Never seen it before in any of my NG+'s

certainly sounds like an exploit

Google isn't turning up any disconnect exploits, but it could be part of a hack. I've been DC'd from host before, but it never happened in mid-combat and without a notification. Went ahead and reported him to Live for cheating.

I don't understand why they went with a sub-par multiplier implementation rather than leveraging the tried and tested industry recognized multiplayer features.

Seriously? I have to use a summon sign and wait forever to get people to join a game, how ridiculous is this concept? Why can't I chat with people in the same area? Why is there no voip or even chat? how backwards is that? There is just so much wrong... If it was a design decision I would say it ruined the multiplayer for me. Absolutely amazing game with absolutely piss-poor multiplayer.

It was intended to be pvp weighted and not easy for co-op. The game isn't balanced in the least for 2 player consistent play. I find it to be easy enough already.

I don't understand why they went with a sub-par multiplier implementation rather than leveraging the tried and tested industry recognized multiplayer features.

Seriously? I have to use a summon sign and wait forever to get people to join a game, how ridiculous is this concept? Why can't I chat with people in the same area? Why is there no voip or even chat? how backwards is that? There is just so much wrong... If it was a design decision I would say it ruined the multiplayer for me. Absolutely amazing game with absolutely piss-poor multiplayer.

Not all games need to be the same. Dark Souls can be frustrating however its a unique experience. If the game had local chat it would be complete different.

I can't wrap my head around folks who join when they either hack or have some other expoit where the human player obviously doesn't stand a chance. I try to put myself in their shoes to see if there would be any enjoyment in it... nope. For the life of me I can't see how it would be fun or why I would want to even do that. I guess I'm too old to understand.
Invading someone of your level w/legit gear.... sure I get that. Invading someone where the outcome is 100% determined though.... I just don't see the point. To me, it's akin to watching flowers grow. Who does that?

Because the developers literally said they don't want you and a buddy going through the entire game in coop while chatting about the latest sports match in voip. The game is supposed to make you feel like you are alone in the desolate world, and have to rely on random, unknown strangers for help.

And like another poster said, co-op, even with just another person, makes the bosses way too easy. I hope for DS2 they scale the bosses' attributes and abilities (and maybe enemies too) to the amount of players in the game.

I can't wrap my head around folks who join when they either hack or have some other expoit where the human player obviously doesn't stand a chance. I try to put myself in their shoes to see if there would be any enjoyment in it... nope. For the life of me I can't see how it would be fun or why I would want to even do that. I guess I'm too old to understand.
Invading someone of your level w/legit gear.... sure I get that. Invading someone where the outcome is 100% determined though.... I just don't see the point. To me, it's akin to watching flowers grow. Who does that?

Eh, it's the same logic applied to those that use aimbots and cheats in other games. Some people just want to "win" no matter what. They don't play to get better or for personal enjoyment, they just have that compulsive need to win all the time and they will use anything to fulfill that need.

I hated people invading my game while I was in Anor Londo. Like that area isn't hard enough on the first pass as it is. Even if I killed them, I'd have another one (or the same one) pop right back in and screw me over when I was trying to kill some of those borderline instakill enemies.
Being human in that area is a serious liability.

you don't need to be human unless you want allies or to kindle bonfires. soft humanity works for chaos weapons, resistances and item discovery regardless of if you are human or not.

as for assholes, there will always be griefers in every game that thrive on annoying others.

For MP oh how I wish this game did better matchups, some sort of browser so you could see where help was needed at your SL

Yeah I only went human twice to upgrade 2 bonfires. I did get invaded both times and won both times, but what a damn hassle that was...

Dont you need to be human to have anywhere even approaching decent item drops?

No, you need to have humanity. Being human has benefits, but holding humanity is what gets you a better drop rate. You don't need to be human to hold humanity.

So...what exactly ARE the benefits of being human?
I did it here and there just for the hell of it (and for bonfires) knowing that it helped allow you to summon people in certain areas like the barbarian chick in Blighttown. What else does it do?

No, you need to have humanity. Being human has benefits, but holding humanity is what gets you a better drop rate. You don't need to be human to hold humanity.

Well, son of a bitch, ive been wasting a lot of effort then.

I did it here and there just for the hell of it (and for bonfires) knowing that it helped allow you to summon people in certain areas like the barbarian chick in Blighttown. What else does it do?

Makes you more purdy.

any reason why From Software doesn't incorporate the DSfix mod into an official patch?

The publisher has all their efforts focused on Dark Souls 2. IMO Steam should incorporate it. They did exactly that for the Gothic 3 fan patches.

I'd also like to see dsfix made somewhat "official." I know some of the HUD stuff makes the game wonky and getting 60 fps modifies your jump and roll, but it's 99% okay...especially if you only use the native resolution render mod. At this point, I have to doubt they'll ever bother though.
I'm mainly hoping they'll incorporate it into DS2.

no cheaters on PC, sounds like sour grapes :)

3g565.jpg

no cheaters on PC, sounds like sour grapes :)

3g565.jpg

Last night I was summoned by a random guy at darkroot basin where we ran into an infinite health'er forest bro. He spawned naked by the steps, and I managed to do over 8000 damage to him in a single flurry. He didn't heal once. The host was letting me duel the guy 1v1, but stepped in when he saw what was going on. We then spent the next 3 minutes or so kicking the guy to, then off, the cliff. :p

This was the second confirmed cheater that I've ran into on PC (and I've clocked at least 200 hours). There could've been more, but the two I know of were blatantly obvious at it.

You have to be human to kindle, to summon, to be invaded the typical way.

I won't spoil it exactly, but there are items and equipment that you can only acquire while human.

Curse resistance goes up, separate from any Humanity you are holding.

I think fire resistance goes up in the same manner, as well.

one other thing, the game has staged invasions by NPCs at certain points. you have to be human to see them...

You need to be in Human form to kindle bonfires, which allows you more Estus Flask uses.

Yeah, I knew about the staged invaders (found a few of them by accident and noticed they were clearly not other players) and fires, but not about any human-specific items.

What level are most folks doing manus at? I have cleared everything SL 91 before I took on expansion,,, now can't get any summons (but no problem getting invaded FFS). Way to scared to jump in on that one alone.

What level are most folks doing manus at? I have cleared everything SL 91 before I took on expansion,,, now can't get any summons (but no problem getting invaded FFS). Way to scared to jump in on that one alone.

Likely SL 60-90.

Manus isn't bad, don't be scared. Kalameet was several times more difficult for me. Manus is on par with Sif for difficulty, IMO. I wonder if Sif could beat Manus in a boss fight... ;)

Sif can be tough alone, especially at the low level you face him. I hate when he swings in circles and saps all stamina.

Hardest enemy in my eyes is that damn titan in the middle of the bridge. That's like a five minute fight no matter my SL.

Sif can be tough alone, especially at the low level you face him. I hate when he swings in circles and saps all stamina.

Hardest enemy in my eyes is that damn titan in the middle of the bridge. That's like a five minute fight no matter my SL.

Use the Zwihander and the taurus demon literally becomes a less then 15 second fight if your good at staggering him.

Sif is all about range control, if you can wait till his second circle swing you can get close to him and hit him several times. If you get under sif you can hit him several times before he jumps away, then it's just rinse and repeat.

Back