Dark Souls Announcement

Demon's Souls was my primary reason for buying a PS3, and Dark Souls was just the icing on the cake. They are two of the best games of this generation and From Software's dedication to sticking to their vision instead of dumbing down for the mainstream is admirable. I'm glad Dark Souls is coming to PC so that a wider audience will be able to enjoy the game. The Souls games can be frustrating for someone new to them, but eventually they will 'click' with you and will become one of the most rewarding game experiences you've ever had.

That said these games are definitely not for everyone. For players who like the handholding present in many games nowadays (nothing wrong with that), who don't have the patience to learn from their mistakes or try alternate strategies or repeat sections of the game, they will get very frustrated and feel like they got ripped off.

I am playing this game now on PS3. I hope the announcement is a patch that offers a difficultly level that is a notch below unrelentingly brutal. The game goes from one excruciatingly difficult encounter after another, non stop. With mega tough boss battles to look forward to when you finally do make it through a section of the map. Oh well, I heard it was a tough game, so no real surprise there.

Would you like autoaim, regenerating health and ammo, respawn where you died if you button smash X, huge arrow pointing where to go in addition to lower difficulty? :)

But yeah, this game could use a harder difficulty.

Would you like autoaim, regenerating health and ammo, respawn where you died if you button smash X, huge arrow pointing where to go in addition to lower difficulty? :)

Yeah coz that's totally what he was talking about :rolleyes:

I am playing this game now on PS3. I hope the announcement is a patch that offers a difficultly level that is a notch below unrelentingly brutal. The game goes from one excruciatingly difficult encounter after another, non stop. With mega tough boss battles to look forward to when you finally do make it through a section of the map. Oh well, I heard it was a tough game, so no real surprise there.

It's not that bad once you l2p...
except for the pro invaders...

Though if you are new and trying to beat the game with dual daggers you're gonna have a bad time.

It's not that bad once you l2p...
except for the pro invaders...

Though if you are new and trying to beat the game with dual daggers you're gonna have a bad time.

I'm new in the sense this is my first Souls game, but I have been at this game for a couple of weeks. Restarted many times trying out different characters. Managed to make it as far as the dual bosses guarding the bell tower with this Thief. Been trying to get past those gargoyles for a couple of days. I'm using the Astoria sword+2 and the Knight shield. My leather armor is +1 or +2

Thought maybe I would level up a couple of attributes to see if that would help. Cleared out the graveyard down by the first bonfire for souls, collected all the items, then tried the catacombs. Didn't make it too far adventuring down there, just past those exploding heads a little bit.

I play offline, no internet for the PS3. I have one humanity and no shards, so I haven't been able to kindle the bonfire near the blacksmith and I can't upgrade my weapons or armor. My Estus Flask is +1

I do have the Drake sword but I think the Astoria+2 is the better weapon?

10k likes, we need more! Pretty sure it's probably gonna require like 100k to open it just like the petition received. (I think it received 100k, might have been 70k)

edit
Well since the petition is only at 91k, it probably was 70k that got their attention.

If they're expecting as many "likes" as they got signatures on a petition, they're delusional. I, for one, have a facebook account but never "like" anything, and I'm not going to start now. For all the people who go around using facebook to like anything and everything there's a huge slab of people who don't do that sort of thing.

It was ridiculous they make you like 2 different pages. If it was only 1 it would've been reached.. only gotten like 3k more likes the last week.

fucking facebook

When will businesses stop using this rubbish?

I know, ridiculous. You can almost hear the marketing folks rubbing their hands waiting for suckers to sign up for their new advertisement distribution channel.

Now excuse me while I friend my local neihborhood mattress store. Good day to you, sir.

So they are really waiting on facebook "likes", before anything will happen?
This campaign just turned into a disaster. The petition should be enough, this is retarded.

10k likes, we need more! Pretty sure it's probably gonna require like 100k to open it just like the petition received. (I think it received 100k, might have been 70k)

edit
Well since the petition is only at 91k, it probably was 70k that got their attention.

I can wait longer than they can.

Hey, if they want me to buy something then they'll make an announcement. It's not like I'm going to run out of things to spend my money on :D

I don't care for this Facebook marketing shit, but I will still buy their game.

So they are really waiting on facebook "likes", before anything will happen?
This campaign just turned into a disaster. The petition should be enough, this is retarded.
"Oh you really like our game? Well, we need to make sure you really really like our game! On Facebook!"

How much more evidence do they need?

"Oh you really like our game? Well, we need to make sure you really really like our game! On Facebook!"

How much more evidence do they need?

I think they expected it to go faster and maybe be a fun little marketing gimmick. NamcoBandai has never been terribly great at marketing.

It was ridiculous they make you like 2 different pages. If it was only 1 it would've been reached.. only gotten like 3k more likes the last week.

This. Why the hell did they make another page. It clearly isn't working the way they wanted it to.

Back