Dark Souls 3

boomboy2k1

Limp Gawd
I have pre-downloaded the digital version on my PS4 but I can't remember what time it will be released. Will it be midnight EST or 7pm EST like Steam? Either way, can't wait for the game!

I have it all pre loaded but I won't be free to play it until 7 or 7:30 Pacific time. Suppose to be a great Souls game from what I've been reading.

Just got the Collector's Edition as I was heading to bed... the statue is a pretty good size. Not quite as tall as the DS2 CE but the base is bigger. Overall the statue and cloth map are pretty much the same quality as the DS2 CE. The art book is small, a little bit bigger and thicker than a blu-ray case. The Steal Case is pretty decent and roughly the size of a regular blu-ray case. Neither match the promo images I saw but not a big deal.
13007382_1376264662436165_3970816993021458931_n.jpg
13010662_1376276825768282_3681441200536183743_n.jpg

Last edited:
Snagged a CE that someone didn't want at Gamestop for the Boner. Couldn't find one for the PS4, though. I wish I was able to snag the EU version of the CE for PC. I now have Dark Souls III on every platform. Somebody help me :dead:...

Well that sucks, dude rolled right off the cliff when he charged me. No item for me lol.
When an enemy rolls off the edge, try standing in place, quitting the game, and starting up again. In the first game it would put the item drop at the edge when you did this. Might work in this one.

When an enemy rolls off the edge, try standing in place, quitting the game, and starting up again. In the first game it would put the item drop at the edge when you did this. Might work in this one.
Cool, did not know that.
Try coming back to the same spot. His item may show up.
Yea I went back there hours later and his drop was sitting up where he originated.

For anyone who bought the key to the tower behind Firelink and sees that item teasing them when looking down: I was able to get it by taking all of my equipment off, casting Spook, and doing a running jump straight at it. With any other kind of weight on me I would just slide off after landing.
It's the Fire Keeper armor set. Has decent fire absorption and looks pretty good. I would love to get ahold of the set that the Firelink Shrine Fire Keeper is wearing.

For anyone who bought the key to the tower behind Firelink and sees that item teasing them when looking down: I was able to get it by taking all of my equipment off, casting Spook, and doing a running jump straight at it. With any other kind of weight on me I would just slide off after landing.
It's the Fire Keeper armor set. Has decent fire absorption and looks pretty good. I would love to get ahold of the set that the Firelink Shrine Fire Keeper is wearing.
I got that first try, just removed all my equipment and made a jump for it. Then I left a note on the ledge, and my character fell off while placing it heh.

Heh, I thought maybe this Souls would be a little easier for me since I have played the others, but it's not.

Haven't gotten too far at all, but this seems like a Demon's Souls sequel more than Dark Souls, with some Bloodborne thrown in.

Started playing yesterday, did not get past the tutorial boss.
I did finally figure out how to equip firebombs without having to bring up the inventory screen each time and throw blind, so i have that going for me, I guess.

I am playing 2 characters in tandom. One is the Warrior with the Ax and the other the Thief with the Estoc.

The Warrior is so much more, I wouldn't say easy, but doable than that blasted Thief. One mistake, one minor miscalculation while timing an attack and you are dead. Seems like everyone except the lowest of enemies can one shot him or two shot him. You cannot take hits or trade blows with the Thief at all, or it's game over.

Really a great game so far. The combat is so tight. No room for laying blame on combat mechanics, they are smooth and flawless. It would be nice if the PS4 could run this at 60fps like Dark Souls 2. I really like the way the game gives options to deal with and approach enemies. You are rarely stuck with only one way to do something, or one path to get somewhere.

Try playing a Cleric till mid game =) I threw him respec out and made a STR warrior instead.

I could imagine how hard the game is with a Faith build. I didn't mess with magic. Put most all my points into vigor, endurance, and vitality. I like wearing stout armor and keeping the 70% roll speed. Some of those bosses were still a pain in the ass, even with a poise of 30 and +10 fire longsword.

I could imagine how hard the game is with a Faith build. I didn't mess with magic. Put most all my points into vigor, endurance, and vitality. I like wearing stout armor and keeping the 70% roll speed. Some of those bosses were still a pain in the ass, even with a poise of 30 and +10 fire longsword.
Poise supposedly isn't functioning for player characters, and elemental infusions split damage so take a double-beating from resistances. You basically finished the game on hard mode.

Poise supposedly isn't functioning for player characters, and elemental infusions split damage so take a double-beating from resistances. You basically finished the game on hard mode.
I'm now discovering this starting as a Herald on my first Xbox ONE run. Aside from the framerate which already makes the game twice as hard as PC... I started with a Fire Gem this time as my gift, thinking I would get myself a headstart on damage. While the stun from fire is nice, I am outputting around the same amount of damage in general at 234 AR combined as I do with 171 pure physical AR. However I still plan on using the Dragonslayer Swordspear with this build, so we'll see how that works out.

As for poise: someone from From responded that they're taking a look at it after it was publicized that poise exists in the code, but it's simply not turned on. Maybe we'll see it activated in the next patch.

Yeah I'm furious to learn that. I don't even feel like playing anymore. I wasted 41 points on vitality so I could wear the cathedral and gundyr's pieces and maintain rolling speed. The sword does ok damage when I'm wearing the right pontiff eye ring, and get a 3-4 attacks in, but still not the greatest. Should have spent more getting a weapon that scales with strength. Probably going to quit the game for a few months and see what else they patch. Maybe try a dex/magic build.

Okay, I'm done with this game on console, at least on the Xbox ONE. The framerate is just too much (or too little, in this case). Does the PS4 version run just as crappy? I was going to install it tonight, but if it does then I won't bother.

Does the PS4 version run just as crappy?

I remember reviews saying the Xbox One version runs noticeably worse than PS4.

DS3 uses the Bloodborne engine which was developed on PS4. There has only been one spot in the game where I even noticed the frame rate slowing down. Specifically around Dragon Barracks bonfire inside Lothric Castle. It runs much better than Demons Souls or DS1 did on PS3. If you own both consoles, you really should be playing it on PS4.

Okay, I'm done with this game on console, at least on the Xbox ONE. The framerate is just too much (or too little, in this case). Does the PS4 version run just as crappy? I was going to install it tonight, but if it does then I won't bother.

I have this on PS4, the frame-rate is pretty solid.

Anyone see the trilogy box? Came out May 24. Currently $640 to import from Play-Asia. I wonder if they're planning something similar stateside. Being a Souls fanatic, I'd be willing to pay $480 USD for such a collection.

https://www.play-asia.com/dark-souls-remastered-trilogy-box-limited-edition/13/70btn1
upload_2018-7-23_12-15-52.png

Reseller on Amazon has it for just a little over the Japanese retail price. 99% positive out of 1,251 reviews. I don't know about using international shippers on Amazon, though...
https://www.amazon.com/DARK-SOULS-TRILOGY-BOX-PlayStation-4/dp/B078Y5SWDL

Always had an excellent experience with Play-Asia, but don't think it's worth that much of a premium.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back