Dark Souls 3

I actually have not had any trouble with the Anor Londo archers in a long time. I just did my 17th or 18th run there in 3 weeks without dying.

Am I the only one who thinks Super Ornstein is easier than Super Smough? At least for melee-focused characters

those Anor Londo archers were really annoying and difficult my first few playthroughs of the game but now they're pretty easy...I just dual hand my best shield and get up in his face, forcing him to switch to his sword...then either parry or stand there and push into him...he'll fall off the ledge soon enough...as far as Ornstein and Smough...Super Smough is annoying because of his sweeping hammer moves so yeah Super Ornstein is easier...I like killing Ornstein first because I prefer Smough's armor set over Ornstein's spear

Last edited:
those Anor Londo archers were really annoying and difficult my first few playthroughs of the game but now they're pretty easy...I just dual hand my best shield and get up in his face, forcing him to switch to his sword...then either parry or stand there and push into him...he'll fall off the ledge soon enough...as far as Ornstein and Smough...Super Smough is annoying because of his sweeping hammer movies so yeah Super Ornstein is easier...I like killing Ornstein first because I prefer Smough's armor set over Ornstein's spear
Whoever I killed last in NG, I'll kill the other in NG+ ;)

manvsgame is an asshole, but thanks for the link I guess? He played through the first one offline like a pussy so he wouldn't get stream sniped, so wouldn't surprise me if he does the same in DS3.

Well people keep trying to invade his game to kill him or even worse "help" him with a boss fight. Can't really blame him as his show is all about him vs a game; not Joe Schmoe + Man vs game. He does PvP after he has discovered every secret in the game and is basically tired of Dark Souls for a bit. Then he will let his audience invade his game and fight him or get on stream for a boss fight.

Yes, I agree that he's an asshole. But he lets everyone in his audience know that as much as possible during the stream so nobody will get angry when he permabans them for telling him what to do. Oh and I've been temp banned before so I should know! :smuggrin:

the Nvidia logo seems to be displayed on the Japanese official site...hope this doesn't mean GameWorks

Hopefully it is GameWorks lite; not the experimental shit tossed into games that makes them crash like a mofo for months.

The general idea is that the story is better in DS1, the world also, Miyazaki directly made that. In DS2 the game mechanics are better however the story is a bit weaker and the world is weaker. the DLC compensates it's on the level of DS1. You can go with either. The two are not really related much. The second is probably easier to get into.

Hopefully it is GameWorks lite; not the experimental shit tossed into games that makes them crash like a mofo for months.

I'm an Nvidia user and even I'm starting to get annoyed by the performance issues and instability with GameWorks...when it works it looks great but when it doesn't it's a mess

There doesn't appear to be any Nvidia tech in the settings. So unless they get added prior to release it might just a "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" title.

The general idea is that the story is better in DS1, the world also, Miyazaki directly made that. In DS2 the game mechanics are better however the story is a bit weaker and the world is weaker. the DLC compensates it's on the level of DS1. You can go with either. The two are not really related much. The second is probably easier to get into.
Thanks. I'll go with DS2 since it seems like a slightly better port than DS1.

Dark Souls 3 is getting excellent reviews from those that are playing the Japanese version...best Souls game- possibly...GOTY- definitely...I'm also hearing that this is the true successor to Dark Souls 1...no more of that crappy mechanic where enemies stay dead if you kill them enough times...difficulty is high...environments are amazing...it's going to be a long 3 weeks!

Nice. This may actually work out well. Have a business trip April 8-11, so I'll be taking 12 & 13 off.

Maximilian_DOOD is streaming the game now (I think he's doing the PC version, but don't quote me on that) Twitch

Maximilian_DOOD is streaming the game now (I think he's doing the PC version, but don't quote me on that) Twitch

That guy is annoying as fuck...I stumbled upon his channel one day while curiously browsing the twitch phenomena and all he ever does is literally stop EVERY 5 seconds because someone donates a a few dollars or subscribes and he acknowledges it. What the fuck is the point of playing for an audience if all you're gonna do is pause every 5 seconds and break the continuity.

That guy is annoying as fuck...I stumbled upon his channel one day while curiously browsing the twitch phenomena and all he ever does is literally stop EVERY 5 seconds because someone donates a a few dollars or subscribes and he acknowledges it. What the fuck is the point of playing for an audience if all you're gonna do is pause every 5 seconds and break the continuity.

I don't watch him all that often, mostly because of that. For early looks at games like this or fighting games (which is his primary focus) I will once and while. I can handle it since he is pretty good at these games so it's frustrating to watch him dying over and over and over and over.

manvsgame is an asshole, but thanks for the link I guess? He played through the first one offline like a pussy so he wouldn't get stream sniped, so wouldn't surprise me if he does the same in DS3.

What makes ManVSGame an asshole? I've watched a bunch and never seen him be an asshole to people watching.

What makes ManVSGame an asshole? I've watched a bunch and never seen him be an asshole to people watching.

Man isn't an asshole at all. He's had to deal with addiction among other personal issues so actually its pretty interesting that he's hanging in there. He was doing so many 24 hour streams that its begun to effect his health (he was addicted to speed basically) and had to dial back his marathon sessions. His Wing's of Vi run was just brutal. He also began to really show signs of addiction , weight loss , attention span issues and of course massive lack of sleep. I think he's worth watching but he suffers from the same problem many Twitch streamers do : he constantly stops to thank people every time their names pop up for any reason and constantly talks during his playthroughs. This in small doses is fine but over a 12 hour stream? Fuck , no thanks.

Max is a good streamer but his overlay is often fucking annoying as hell. His pop up alerts are almost non-fucking stop and frankly I can do without looking at his dog ever again (no offense little guy). He's pretty good at fighting games for sure. But I can't watch his stream because he constantly interrupts it either thanking or constantly acknowledging every single action on his channel. Its too bad he does some enjoyable stuff. His chat isn't quite as bad considering its not sub only as well.

I actually can't stand to watch most Twitch streamers because they spend every second they are playing thanking and thanking and acknowledging even just a follow. Its very annoying. Especially if that Streamer is well established. Dansgaming does it probably the best , he thanks but doesn't go crazy (although last year he went over the top at times) and he's quite sarcastic and funny it makes for an entertaining stream that isn't a circle jerk. His Kickstarter stream overviews are comedy gold. Also his previous Halloween 24 hour non-stop the whole month streams are pretty good as long as Dan doesn't have a meltdown (he did a few times).

The Mankind guy didn't finish the game I'm pretty sure I started watching at Midnight again like 12 hours later then he quit a short time later. He just seems like a very energetic guy he got alot of subs when I watched him yesterday.

Is there no DS3 on PC for Japan? Kinda surprised at least the game files haven't been put up online if there is.

No clue. It's using Steam again. I pre-bought my key from a 3rd party months ago, so I don't even have my Steam code yet.
My hope is that the Xbox One's exploit pushes them to just go ahead and release all of the versions ASAP.

Yeah, a big chunk of the 5 bucks goes to them. The rest to Twitch.

I think it's something like half goes to Twitch and the other half goes to the streamer. Though MCNs exist on Twitch just like on Youtube so the split can be different depending on the contract with their network. Max, for example, is part of Mad Catz's streaming network. Of course, you have to have a decent sized channel to even get the option for paid subs so they'll still make good money from like. The big money for these channels, though, is donations. I watched until a little after midnight central last night and Max had to have gotten around, or over, a grand in donations. There were several $50+ donations and a shit load of ones between $5-$20.

I think it's something like half goes to Twitch and the other half goes to the streamer. Though MCNs exist on Twitch just like on Youtube so the split can be different depending on the contract with their network. Max, for example, is part of Mad Catz's streaming network. Of course, you have to have a decent sized channel to even get the option for paid subs so they'll still make good money from like. The big money for these channels, though, is donations. I watched until a little after midnight central last night and Max had to have gotten around, or over, a grand in donations. There were several $50+ donations and a shit load of ones between $5-$20.
It feels weird seeing people throw money at these guys (or girls), but I respect that they have to make a living one way or another.

Actually it's $3 to the streamer and $2 to twitch. The majority of streamers profit most off donations though and then uploading highlights to youtube lets you double dip.

I watched about 1/3 to 1/2 of the game I'm just going to say you have to work for it to see the good stuff the game starts off all dark and Gritty and opens up later on.
I'm not going to watch anymore till the USA release.

One of the earlier previews mentioned that the game is the hardest one yet, but it's still fair.
I'm curious to see how that plays out. It feels like about 1/2 of my deaths in DS1 are due to engine shenanigans. DS2 got rid of most of those things, but it was simply easier in general. Bloodborne got easier the further you got.
Am curious to see where this one falls and how my personal playstyle fairs.

I'm not sure how Hard it is it looks alot Harder then anything in Bloodborne the NPCs are super fast and follow you all over the place some of the bosses are a headache if you don't know the controls very well.

I hope it's on par or harder than the Dark Souls 2 DLC.

I'm so excited for this game! I've seen a few screenshots from the middle of the game and there are finally some color changes!

Dark Souls 3 Publisher Issues Warning About Playing Before Official Release

If you've bought and downloaded the international version of Dark Souls III, publisher Bandai Namco wants you to know that version is not yet "complete."...You can buy the Japanese version of the third Dark Souls and play it in English on Xbox One, but you'll have to do it without the day-one patch

Bandai Namco released a press release, warning players that they'd be playing an unfinished version of the game if they went this route...The international version is currently without its multiplayer features and the publisher says the day-one patch will deliver "further optimization."...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/da...ng-about-playin/1100-6436009/#ftag=YHF6738a5f

MY BODY IS SO READY ! Waiting for a deal on launch to purchase but I'll pay full price if I have to. First launch purchase for me in 2.5 years and still won't pre order lol

MY BODY IS SO READY ! Waiting for a deal on launch to purchase but I'll pay full price if I have to. First launch purchase for me in 2.5 years and still won't pre order lol

Amazon has 20% off all preorders+new games if you have Prime.

at first I was fine with the Japanese release being 2 weeks early as it seemed like a gift to their 'home' fans...but now that tons of people are using loopholes and exploits to play the game that are outside of Japan I'm not feeling the same...it's still a cool gesture but they should just open up the release to all now that the game has gone global...if they're still working on optimizing the game then fine but this 2.5 week delay has become annoying since I keep hearing how amazing DS3 is and how it washes away all the bad taste of DS2..apparently Miyazaki's level design skills are in full effect and the game is being referred to as the real sequel to the original Dark Souls

at first I was fine with the Japanese release being 2 weeks early as it seemed like a gift to their 'home' fans...but now that tons of people are using loopholes and exploits to play the game that are outside of Japan I'm not feeling the same...it's still a cool gesture but they should just open up the release to all now that the game has gone global...if they're still working on optimizing the game then fine but this 2.5 week delay has become annoying since I keep hearing how amazing DS3 is and how it washes away all the bad taste of DS2..apparently Miyazaki's level design skills are in full effect and the game is being referred to as the real sequel to the original Dark Souls

So wait a few weeks or use VPN to play early, but FFS no need to whine, it's so beta/gamma.

One thing I noticed with the Stream this game is HUGE double the size of Bloodborne

Back