Dark Souls 3

I have not yet done the first DLC, kind of waiting for both to come out. Also did not want to do it in a NG+ character, so leveling up a new one. :)

I have not yet done the first DLC, kind of waiting for both to come out. Also did not want to do it in a NG+ character, so leveling up a new one. :)

first DLC was pretty short so you'll definitely enjoy it more playing both together

It was definitely short compared to the previous DLC's, although it was certainly hard enough. Those crow ninjas and the final boss were beastly.
With this being the last hurrah for the series (at least for a while), I hope this is a great send-off. I also hope that the bosses are memorable without being another one of those stupid 2-on-1 or 30-minute war of attrition battles.

Those crow ninjas and the final boss were beastly

the last boss was one of the toughest bosses in the entire series for me (Sister Friede)...and it's made more annoying by the fact that you have to go through the entire
stages over again each time you die

the last boss was one of the toughest bosses in the entire series for me (Sister Friede)...and it's made more annoying by the fact that you have to go through the entire
stages over again each time you die

Yup. That fight felt like a giant middle finger the entire time. It's the first time I just quit bothering and summoned another player without beating her solo first. It was intentionally tedious and reliant on getting good (arguably lucky) breaks.

I'm hoping for more fights comparable to those from the DS2 DLC's. Some were unbelievably hard, but they always at least felt fair.

Ringed City Livestream...I think it's mostly about pvp so I think I can watch a bit and be safe from spoilers

Dark Souls 3 is adding a lot of new multiplayer options, even for those who don't buy the upcoming add-on, The Ringed City...as revealed on Bandai Namco's Twitch Stream tonight, two new PvP maps and matchmaking options are being added for anyone who bought either Ashes of Ariandel or The Ringed City expansion...in fact, all PvP content will be available to those who own either add-on...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ng-option-to-stay-on-team-with-friends-in-pvp

Hopefully the new DLC is an improvement over the last one. I'll probably roll a new character tonight after work, haven't played since last DLC. Been playing DaS1 and DaS:SotfS on and off lately.

I'll probably roll a new character tonight after work, haven't played since last DLC. Been playing DaS1 and DaS:SotfS on and off lately.

I'm going to do that as well...I need to get back into the rhythm and get my timings down...after a few months of not playing you lose a bit of an edge and I need to stay sharp before the new DLC hits

With Zelda and Mass Effect taking up so much of my time I dunno when I'll even get around to this. Might just put it off 'til Summer.

one of the unheralded things about the Souls series is how they are virtually free of any major bugs or performance issues at launch...except for the usual control and balance issues the games usually are excellent performance wise right from Day 1...another reason why I'd rather play the Ringed City DLC and wait for Andromeda or NieR Automata to get a few patches

Very true. There is a level of polish that is mostly unmatched outside of minor balancing issues and the occasional bug. Certainly about 5x less than most games have, especially on PC.
I might dive into this right away after all. My wife will probably blow through Andromeda in a week, so I'll have her to give me guidance whenever I start playing.

People are not going to be happy about the nerf to Carthus Rouge, especially speed runners.
Yea it got nerfed pretty bad for non-bleed builds now. Tested on one of my characters and it takes about 15 hits to proc on a non bleed build. With my bleed build character it pretty much stayed the same (about 6 hits). This is how bleed should have been from the beginning, it was a bit overpowered. Been testing the poison changes and they are really positive.

Game is still really active so that's a good sign, been playing for 2 days now.

started up a new STR playthrough earlier tonight...hopefully I can finish before Tuesday...

started up a new STR playthrough earlier tonight...hopefully I can finish before Tuesday...

Yea I just did Irithyll Valley to the End of the base game today including Archdragon Peak, gonna run through the first DLC tomorrow and go back and pick up whatever items I might have missed before Tuesday. I'm actually doing a DEX build, last few times I played I went STR, though have done DEX builds in the past. Think this is my 10th time through the base game.

Yea I just did Irithyll Valley to the End of the base game today including Archdragon Peak, gonna run through the first DLC tomorrow and go back and pick up whatever items I might have missed before Tuesday. I'm actually doing a DEX build, last few times I played I went STR, though have done DEX builds in the past. Think this is my 10th time through the base game.

I tried a few DEX builds and I don't seem to like it as much as STR...with the other Souls games both felt fine but with DS3 I like the weapons better with STR (although some of the bosses like Sister Friede seem better suited for DEX builds)...I just bought a new GTX 1070 so I'm playing the game in DSR (2560 x 1600) for the first time (1920 x 1200 is my native res)

DEX + Carthus Curved Sword = lolz. It just sucks it has no range, but once you close on someone they kinda have the wtf just happened to me.

DEX + Carthus Curved Sword = lolz. It just sucks it has no range, but once you close on someone they kinda have the wtf just happened to me.
I'm using Lothric Knight Sword, Bandit's Knife, Target Shield and Light Crossbow, with a focus on using the crossbow, literally 20mins into the game I had all my gear. Never really used a crossbow until now and just realizing how good they are for PvP, also the Sharp infuse is buffed on Lothric Knight Sword it get's A scaling with DEX and the moveset is great for dealing with GS/UGS paired with the Leo Ring. I plan to pick up that new heavy bow from DLC1 and add that to the arsenal as well.
It's a well rounded build IMO.

I have a character where I use the Carthus Curved sword, I don't really like curveswords I generally suck with them for some reason, but yea I get my ass kicked occasionally sometimes by people who are actually good with them.

I try not to run a shield... I prefer bouncing around with the Carthus Milkring and the Carthus Curved Sword in 2h. I pew pew with the Short Bow, IF the camera/controls, weren't so retarded you could easily wreck someone just kiting them. Its not so easy to kite but it can be done. Spears work too, I used the Rotten Ghru Spear a lot early on but I fucking suck with the Drang Twinspears.

I'm gonna come out swinging my Great Club as usual. It has served me well through all of the DS games thus far, even though I'm severely out of practice at this point.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game, will probably put a lot of time into it now since it will be fully released. PvP has improved so much since release and it's good they fixed Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel, Watchdogs and Aldrich Faithful covenants invasions are frequent now.

I really hope they put out another souls game in the future though, it's been my "go-to series" over the last 4 years when I don't feel like playing anything or feel burned out of gaming.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game, will probably put a lot of time into it now since it will be fully released. PvP has improved so much since release and it's good they fixed Darkmoon/Blue Sentinel, Watchdogs and Aldrich Faithful covenants invasions are frequent now.

I really hope they put out another souls game in the future though, it's been my "go-to series" over the last 4 years when I don't feel like playing anything or feel burned out of gaming.

have you started the Ringed City DLC?

have you started the Ringed City DLC?
Nah not yet, I will in like an hour, bout to eat dinner, got it downloaded though. Assuming it starts near Kiln of the first Flame, at least that's what appears like in the trailers.

5 hours till unlock...an end of an era...the final Dark Souls DLC (ever?)

you have to figure they are going to continue making more in the soulsborne universe, my main concern is that whatever they produce comes out for PC also

you have to figure they are going to continue making more in the soulsborne universe, my main concern is that whatever they produce comes out for PC also

after the success of the last 3 games on PC there's little doubt in my mind that they will continue to support it (unless Sony gives them a ton of $$ to develop exclusively for the PS4)

Didn't get very far today, logged off after 2 tries of the first boss, nearly beat it first attempt, 2nd attempt went badly. Liking it so far, that swamp area was kind of annoying, but easy once you figure it out I can see that being a run killer for speedrunners. Definitely more difficult than DLC1 so far for me at least.

I'm dying to play the new DLC but I'm finishing up my run of the main game + DLC1...I'm up to Anor Londo...can hopefully finish by tomorrow

This DLC is pretty bad. It's pbvious Fromsoft phoned this in as well -- though it's not nearly the trash that Ariendel was, but that's not saying much. It almost feels like they are trolling with most of the enemy encounters in this DLC. I won't spoil it, but most of this DLC is a poster-child of everything that everyone has issues with in DS3, magnified.

I am actually glad the series is over if this is the type of content we can come to expect from it.

I hope the do end the series now. Better to go out before things head south. That still gives them room for a Bloodborne sequel, too.
They can always remaster Demon's Souls or pick the series back up whenever we get the next major sea change in hardware.

finally started up Ringed City last night...From Software is unmatched when it comes to enemy design, boss fights and level design...even if it's not up to par with previous games there's no one better at crafting these worlds...I just finished the first boss...took me a few tries to understand his movesets but I think he's fairly easy...although depending on which demon you kill first in the 1st phase you get a slightly different 2nd phase...I ended up killing the Demon in Pain first as you avoid those stupid meteor showers which are hard to avoid in Phase 2...

hardest part of the DLC so far were those annoying Butterfly Angel enemies with the rapid fire laser beams

just entered the Ringed City...beautiful views...gorgeous architecture...might be the best vista in any of the Souls games thus far...

Back