Dark Souls 3

Wow logged in and see my Save Data was deleted good job From you always know how to screw over people :LOL: I guess I should of backed it up on a USB drive but here I thought it saved on the cloud.

The Painted World is one of the best areas in all of the Souls games. Love the idea of setting the DLC there.

Wow logged in and see my Save Data was deleted good job From you always know how to screw over people :LOL: I guess I should of backed it up on a USB drive but here I thought it saved on the cloud.
That was only ds1. Ds2 or 3 never had cloud saves. Wish they did :-(

ds1 had the GFWL bullshit removed. The saved game stuff went into a gfwl folder. if that is the complaint, it can be recovered by searching for it and moving it to the correct folder.

This game is fucking retarted. Consoled peice of work. The mouse sensitivity doesn't even work. Can't even figure out how to play it with a keyboard/mouse.

I have a PS4 controller, but serioulsly?

Worst game ever. where do I start First of all, I couldn't even figure out how to exit the damned game! WTF is with the entire design is so wacked its unbelievable.

Graphics are corny as hell. Environment isn't any good. Mobs keep spawning after you kill them. Even with a controller this game wacked.

I just got a refund from steam.

Reactions: File
like this
lol, that is pretty funny. IMO the game has some of the best interwoven level design ever. the regular enemies respawn, the bosses do not. progress is determined by which bonfire you can get to. the... satisfaction from conquering bosses is unparalleled from what you get compared to run of the mill regenerating health FPS

Game was good until my data was deleted I'm thinking it was patched over somehow cause I played the game in May I moved to a different motherboard but nothing really changed. I just deleted the game a few days ago cause it's just pissing me off thinking I wasted all that time looking for Rings and Spells.

Worst game ever. where do I start First of all, I couldn't even figure out how to exit the damned game! WTF is with the entire design is so wacked its unbelievable.

Graphics are corny as hell. Environment isn't any good. Mobs keep spawning after you kill them. Even with a controller this game wacked.

Can't tell if serious...

Ha ha... hahahahhahahahahaha!

Did you have no idea what you were getting into with this game?

I only played for about an hour before I uninstalled and got a refund from steam. I did read some reviews, and read several pages in this thread. That is why I bought it.

But I had no idea the ground pop-ups show up like every two feet "press b" button. The entire menu system was totally usesless. When you press ESC button, shouldn't you see a Quit Game option? Well this stupid game, you have to select settings, then find another hidden icon system, then finally the quit game option. WTF is that?

In the settings for movement, there's an option for JUMP. Well jump doesn't even work! I could only get my guy to backup and roll. What a complete horrible mess of a game. Glad I got my money back.

Reactions: File
like this
Jumping is only for crossing gaps while running, the game isn't about bunny hopping around. And the game doesn't make it easy to quit because it's always online. No pause feature either :)

The ground pop ups at the beginning are the game tutorial. Each pop up is in a location where you can utilize the information to learn how to play.

sounds like you never played a Souls game before...it's not a game for everyone

gundyr probably kicked his ass a few times. maybe he got as far as seeing him transform and then getting ass kicked agaiin. lol. game is just awesome

gundyr probably kicked his ass a few times. maybe he got as far as seeing him transform and then getting ass kicked agaiin. lol. game is just awesome

Yeah I'd be shocked if he made it past the first mini boss. The boss pretty much exist as a way to wreck impatient people who don't want to learn simple mechanics.

the people that think Iudex Gundyr is tough are in for a treat once they face Champion Gundyr later on in the game :D ...I liked DS3 a lot but strangely have the least amount of hours in it compared to the other Souls games (Bloodborne included)

The game IS pretty vague (if not occasionally ass backwards) if you don't know what you're getting into. The best advice I can give anyone is to stick with it for 3-4 hours.

I have much less time in DS3 than the others, but it's also much newer. Plus, I have absolutely no desire to play its DLC areas in NG+ mode until I know what I'm getting into. I'm not going to deal with another Lud/Zallen, Fume Knight, or Artorias type fight with a massive HP/damage handicap again.

The DS story telling is pretty interesting. IMO DS1 had the best story but it was also extremely minimalist. Many people think it has no story but the story comes through the lore of the items. Anyway DS3 dlc should be coming shortly

the Souls games are one of the few where DLC is guaranteed to be great so I'll always buy the Season Pass and save $5 versus buying them individually

As much as I bitch about DS, I haven't put as much time into a game as I have unless you're counting MMO's and everything else I play feels like Hello Kitty, DS makes other games seem fucking stupid easy lol.

1 week until the DLC hits...I haven't touched the game in months but am planning a new playthrough this week

Will probably put in a few minutes this weekend just so I'm not completely rusty. Have a couple saves before/after the final boss depending on how the DLC is implemented.

This game can suck it 119 hours of gameplay down the drain because from didn't have a cloud backup system. The sad thing is I bet my Demon Souls save on the PS3 still works but this doesn't. What a sham.......they can't have a nice system to backup saves. I read alot of people had the same problem.

This game can suck it 119 hours of gameplay down the drain because from didn't have a cloud backup system. The sad thing is I bet my Demon Souls save on the PS3 still works but this doesn't. What a sham.......they can't have a nice system to backup saves. I read alot of people had the same problem.

manually back up your saves...whenever I purchase a game on Steam I always make sure to check if Cloud saves are supported...it's easy to check...Dark Souls 2 also did not have cloud saves

I like the fact that DS is entirely manual. Your saves are located in a single folder, so you can copy+paste them however you see fit. I have 5-6 save games going with different circumstances in each.

I use freeware called Autover (Beanland: AutoVer).

that looks pretty good, does it support the savegame location? I have been looking for a utility I can setup with onedrive or googledrive to have access to save games between desktop and laptop.. something like this might work (basically a poor mans steam cloud)

that looks pretty good, does it support the savegame location? I have been looking for a utility I can setup with onedrive or googledrive to have access to save games between desktop and laptop.. something like this might work (basically a poor mans steam cloud)
Yeah I actually have it set up to watch multiple folders (individual games on Steam, Uplay, some ones in the weird My Documents / My Games folders) and with a few different types of backups (i.e. zips of folders, etc.).

You can point the "backup" location anywhere, so I have it sending copies to my NAS. Should be able to hit any folder that you can see in Windows Explorer.

Yeah I actually have it set up to watch multiple folders (individual games on Steam, Uplay, some ones in the weird My Documents / My Games folders) and with a few different types of backups (i.e. zips of folders, etc.).

You can point the "backup" location anywhere, so I have it sending copies to my NAS. Should be able to hit any folder that you can see in Windows Explorer.

Yep. Solid advice. Mapping a drive letter to a Dropbox folder is another option if you don't have a NAS at home.

I got my game saves. I'm wondering if I should start a new play through just for the DLC or continue from the end of the first one. I am having tons of fun playing the 1st game still just lobbed off kalameets tail again today infact !

Will probably put in a few minutes this weekend just so I'm not completely rusty. Have a couple saves before/after the final boss depending on how the DLC is implemented.

yup, need to get comfortable again with the layout and controls before starting up the DLC...after a few months away it's easy to lose your rhythm

Dark Souls 3’ Update 1.08 Will Fix Poise Ahead Of ‘Ashes Of Ariandel’ Release Date

There’s been quite a bit of discussion about the Poise stat in Dark Souls 3, in the months since the game first hit PC and consoles, thanks to supposed changes that left players unsure how the stat impacted their character’s performance (if at all)...in the months following the game’s debut, many Dark Souls fans simply abandoned Poise builds...mostly because few in the community actually expected From Software to fix the broken attribute...but it sounds like that’s exactly what’s happening later this week...and that’s just the first of many new changes we’ll see when Dark Souls 3 v1.08 is released on PC and consoles this Friday...

Here’s the complete change log for Dark Souls 3 v1.08, via Bandai Namco...

Back