Dark Souls 3

that guy had a 6 show run on discovery (or history). He just makes big shit that he cuts out from hardened steel plate. More interesting I find the "forged in fire" series where they start out forging knives then 2 compete to make some weapon. They have included some of the dark souls weapons.

Man..... I'm just not good at video games anymore.

I can't beat the first boss you face like 15min into the game.

the first guy is a bitch. if you collect firebombs from the enemies outside they make it easy when he transforms. also don't be deprived unless you want a hard time. mage with soul arrows probably has it easiest.

dark sword nerf upcoming :(

The regulation version 1.09 will be deployed on Friday, July 1st.

It will not require a patch or maintenance. Below is the full list of changes included in this version!

• All Dagger weapons: increased critical attack power.
  • Dark Sword: reduced weapon efficiency.
  • Anri’s Straight Sword: reduced scaling effects.
  • Wolnir’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Crescent Moon Sword: added intelligence scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Morne’s Great Hammer: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Lothric’s Holy Sword: added faith scaling and adjusted weapon efficiency accordingly.
  • Yorshka’s Spear: increased FP damage effects.
  • Scholar’s Candlestick: reduced sorcery-strengthening properties
  • Demon’s Fist: reduced weight.
  • Greatsword of Judgement: increased attack power.
  • Heysel’s Pick: increased intelligence scaling.
  • All shield-piercing weapons: added shield-piercing properties to regular attacks.
  • All Skills that enchant a weapon with special properties: extended length of effect.
  • Obscuring Ring: increased distance at which ring takes effect.
  • Hornet Ring: adjusted efficiency.
  • Black Serpent: adjusted tracking.
  • Lightning Stake: now requires 1 attunement slot.
  • Magic Barrier/Great Magic Barrier: extended length of effect.
  • Divine Pillars of Light: increased attack power.
  • White Dragon Breath: reduced stamina consumption.
  • All Bug Pellet items: extended length of effect.
  • Addressed other game balance issues and fixed other flaws.

dark sword nerf upcoming :(

The regulation version 1.09 will be deployed on Friday, July 1st.

It will not require a patch or maintenance. Below is the full list of changes included in this version!
  • Anri’s Straight Sword: reduced scaling effects.
New speedrun strats incoming?

Nice to see Bug Pellets get a duration buff, though.

New speedrun strats incoming?

If Anri's gets nerfed bad, no-hit & speed runners will just move over to Astora's (which requires less effort to get to +10 raw anyway).

Then in a future patch, From will nerf Astora's. And so on, and so forth.

Speedrunners will unlikely ever get a weapon up to +10 because of all the resources they have to gather.

Dam that sucks. I wasted a lot of resources to +9 my dark swords I have one of each type (simple, crystal, chaos,dark, etc...). Glad I didn't +10 the simple one and waste a slab. Dark sword is the best sword for int based builds it just scales so well.

Though I again question WTF are they doing this on a Friday? And this time before a holiday weekend to. I find it moronic honestly.

Dam that sucks. I wasted a lot of resources to +9 my dark swords I have one of each type (simple, crystal, chaos,dark, etc...). Glad I didn't +10 the simple one and waste a slab. Dark sword is the best sword for int based builds it just scales so well.

Though I again question WTF are they doing this on a Friday? And this time before a holiday weekend to. I find it moronic honestly.
More people playing online = more data to collect for future balance adjustments.

not a holiday in japan (or not the same one). that has always been their primary market.

took them long enough to nerf the Dark Sword...

It won't stop scrubs from R1 spamming in PvP ;)

Looks like Hornet got a nerf too. Will be interesting to see what that does to OHK ripostes.

Last edited:
not a holiday in japan (or not the same one). that has always been their primary market.
Doesn't mean they might not run into an issue with a quick fix update they can't get around because Steam is on holiday and has only a skeleton crew available.

I kinda figured the Dark Sword thing would be coming eventually. Can't say I regret boosting one all the way as it certainly came in handy for the last 1/2 of the game. Even if they tone it down, you'd think it will still hit pretty hard and remain quicker than most comparable weapons. At the very least I'd imagine that it will still be pretty good for PvE.

The main thing I remember about the Dark Sword is that it was doing about 80% the same damage as my maxed-out Great Club.Yet it was about 2x as fast and could 3-hit combo lockdown anything short of a boss. I stuck with those two weapons for about 1/2 the game with a Dragonrider bow mixed in for good measure. I'd actually recommend that approach to almost anyone who is going with STR or Quality. Even with the nerf on the Dark Sword, it's still a great weapon.

the first guy is a bitch. if you collect firebombs from the enemies outside they make it easy when he transforms. also don't be deprived unless you want a hard time. mage with soul arrows probably has it easiest.

That's exactly the opposite of my strategy. I stay close and dodge with exact timing. Too far away and he'll use his closing moves and you don't want that. Stay close and he's a lot easier.

My strategy for like 99% of all enemies in Dark Souls is to charge right at them, dodge toward their left leg when I get close, slash them in the back (or back of their leg if they're huge), and repeat.
With very few exceptions, that's a universal strategy for all 3 games and Bloodborne, too.

Even with all of the focus on combat and difficulty, what appeals to me is the exploration factor. Where is this going and what am I going to run into next? What are they hiding over there in that distant corner?
The combat is just an obstacle keeping me from getting where I want to go.

That's exactly the opposite of my strategy. I stay close and dodge with exact timing. Too far away and he'll use his closing moves and you don't want that. Stay close and he's a lot easier.
He's immobile when the ouroboros breaks out. It's at that moment when you want to toss firebombs at him. It makes the second phase of the fight very quick and easy. Any enemy with the black snake exposed is extremely weak to fire.

that first boss is the easiest boss in the entire game...just stay behind him and block...when he transforms he's not as aggressive as those later creatures that transform into those snake things...those dudes are annoying because they are so wild and unpredictable...but like Armenius stated they are weak to fire...just firebomb them, they get stunned so then run up and get a few good strikes in and retreat...it'll make the Consumed King's Garden area much easier

I just realized that I have actually never used a single thrown projectile in any of the 3 Dark Souls games. Firebombs, throwing knives, whatever. Never :p

I just realized that I have actually never used a single thrown projectile in any of the 3 Dark Souls games. Firebombs, throwing knives, whatever. Never :p

you never used a poison knife to deal with those Giants in the Black Gulch in DS2?...poison knives were very useful in Dark Souls 2...or a pebble in Bloodborne to get 1 member of a large posse to leave the group so you can deal with him 1v1?...

Last edited:
you never used those pebbles in Bloodborne to get 1 member of a large posse to leave the group so you can deal with him 1v1?

Nope. I used the charge-up move with the Axe almost exclusively in that game, so large groups went down with no problems. Outside of healing/boosting items and things like the Homeward Bone, I've never toyed with any items. I don't think I ever really had a need.

dark souls, the latter two games, have so much useless shit. I use firebombs for some crowd control, the rest, the bugs, pellets, branches, all that other shit....

Theres a couple areas where theres Urns that are filled with acid that hurts you or melts your armor. I use them for those. Now that you mention it I wonder if theres a good build for utilizing the throwing daggers?

Theres a couple areas where theres Urns that are filled with acid that hurts you or melts your armor. I use them for those. Now that you mention it I wonder if theres a good build for utilizing the throwing daggers?

I typically just used arrows or pyromancy for anything that isn't in melee range. In general, if I'm ever heading into an area that isn't cramped, I tend to rock a bow loaded with poison and fire arrows. It never hurts to start an encounter with a headshot or two. Although rocking a bow and a melee weapon (or two) has forced me to keep my Vitality overly high in all 3 games.
Can't say I even know how any of the the throwing items even work to be honest.

you put them in your consumable slot (like estus) then "use" then. if locked on it will throw at the target, otherwise in the direction you are facing

HELP NEEDED: I can't trade in any more of my boss souls to lundeth at fire link shrine, I don't seem to have the transposing kiln needed that you get from the cursed rotted great wood either, no idea why I don't have it anymore. Anybody know if this transposing kiln can be found anywhere else, or bought from somewhere?

Throwing stuff can be pretty useful for PVP. The basic throwing knife is deceptively effective. I also like to throw poop for poison/toxic or throw acid pots, to break their equipment. I'm a butthead. The true Dark Souls starts here.

Back