Dark Souls 3

OH I forgot to add -

Decide to go through early easy area, underestimate the easy NPCs.. die.. think you can hurry back to reclaim your souls and die again.. 3 million souls lost trying to cross the noob area :)

I've never played any of the DS games or really watched game play, but from the video above...this just looks like the same old bash, heal, grind and repeat type of game. Is this game that much fun?
It grows on you. I mean, if you think about it almost every game is an exercise in its core mechanics. It's the amazing world design and game aesthetic that puts Souls over the top in my opinion. The combat is a little boring if you specialize with one weapon set because of the lack of attack modes (in my opinion), but I've yet to try a magic based character, or a rogue/assassin or thief/archer.

Last edited:
Dark Souls 3 is more of the same, but then again...what game genres and especially sequels aren't?
If you try to reinvent the game, it isn't much of a sequel. Plus, like 90% of games involve similar mechanics. In the 80's it was run/jump/shoot on the NES. In the 90's it was "fight this guy using stick/button sequences." In the 00's it was run around in 3D and shoot bad soldiers while healing. Now it's typically "run around in a sandbox and shoot/stab bad guys - hide to heal"

If you don't like the other DS games, this one isn't going to change your mind. If it did, it probably wouldn't appeal to the people that made it happen.

on a general note- no spoilers please!!...use spoiler tags!...I like to take my time with any game I play but Dark Souls in particular...give people a few weeks to play

Sweet. If the preload is live, hopefully my CDKeys code will be available soon.

For us U.S. people who didn't/couldn't order the UK Prestige Edition, Gamestop has a run of the statue only.
Dark Souls III Prestige Edition Lord of Cinder Statue - Only at GameStop

There's lots of butthurt on Facebook about the price. I kinda pay a little attention to the polystone statue collector hobby (I have my first and probably only statue on pre-order I'm waiting for, ARH Death Dealer fwiw) and from what I've seen from Sideshow Collectibles, ARH Studios, XM Studios, and Chronicle Collectibles polystone statues the price is roughly in line for that kind of product.

I don't dig the statue enough to drop that kind of $$ on it personally. I pre-ordered the PS4 Collector's Edition of DS3 cuz my PC is getting long in the tooth. I just dug out the plastic Faraam Knight statue from the DS2 Collector's Edition from storage from when I moved last summer. It's gonna have a companion in a few days.

For us U.S. people who didn't/couldn't order the UK Prestige Edition, Gamestop has a run of the statue only.

holy Ornstein and Smough, $400!!...I've waited until the last minute to see if the Red Knight statue Collector's Edition would show up on Amazon or GameStop but since it's a no go I just bought the Steam version...there's a slight discount if you own the previous Souls games so I paid $55.19...I'm definitely getting the Season Pass but decided to wait as there's no discount for buying it early...closer to release they might offer a discount...if the Red Knight edition ever goes on sale in the future for PC I might be willing to double dip, although neither the Red Knight or Lord of Cinder statue is as cool as the Dark Souls 2 Collector's Edition with the Warrior Knight figurine (which I have sitting on my shelf looking bad-ass...still the only Collector's Edition game I've ever bought)

Last edited:
So I've never bought via Greenman before....or I forgot how it works.

Will they e-mail me a key for which I can then download it via steam?

The day-one patch we knew was coming is why I was thinking Durante's article about graphics performance might've been a bit preemptive, but then again he didn't really have any complaints except for the particular areas this patch addresses.

TL;DR it sounds like the game's going to release on PC basically flawless graphically speaking. So for anyone that was lamenting the fact Japan and streamers got to play it early, it's actually a good thing for us since the kinks got worked out prior to worldwide launch.

Last edited:
holy Ornstein and Smough, $400!!...I've waited until the last minute to see if the Red Knight statue Collector's Edition would show up on Amazon or GameStop but since it's a no go I just bought the Steam version...there's a slight discount if you own the previous Souls games so I paid $55.19...I'm definitely getting the Season Pass but decided to wait as there's no discount for buying it early...closer to release they might offer a discount...

I'm sure you'll be able to get the season pass on GMG for $15-$20 before the first DLC hits. That's kinda the way its always been. Though $69.99 for DS3 + season pass on GMG isn't a bad deal for anyone that hasn't purchased already.

FWIW I bought it on Steam too; didn't want to risk a delayed key from anywhere else when the game unlocks monday night.

I'm sure you'll be able to get the season pass on GMG for $15-$20 before the first DLC hits. That's kinda the way its always been. Though $69.99 for DS3 + season pass on GMG isn't a bad deal for anyone that hasn't purchased already.

FWIW I bought it on Steam too; didn't want to risk a delayed key from anywhere else when the game unlocks monday night.

I know GMG is considered legit but I still don't feel comfortable buying from them...I get my big discounts through people selling their Nvidia bundled codes on forums such as this...way bigger discounts then GMG or any other grey market seller...as far as unlock time, it looks like Monday at 7:00 PM EST which is a bit earlier then I was expecting

I bought mine on CDKeys (very similar to GMG) and am still waiting on my Steam unlock. Not like I care that much since I'm still in the middle of a DS2 playthough.

I'm so ready... I have not been this excited for a game this decade

There's lots of butthurt on Facebook about the price. I kinda pay a little attention to the polystone statue collector hobby (I have my first and probably only statue on pre-order I'm waiting for, ARH Death Dealer fwiw) and from what I've seen from Sideshow Collectibles, ARH Studios, XM Studios, and Chronicle Collectibles polystone statues the price is roughly in line for that kind of product.

I don't dig the statue enough to drop that kind of $$ on it personally. I pre-ordered the PS4 Collector's Edition of DS3 cuz my PC is getting long in the tooth. I just dug out the plastic Faraam Knight statue from the DS2 Collector's Edition from storage from when I moved last summer. It's gonna have a companion in a few days.

Awesome, good find! I didn't really care about the rest of the prestige so this is a win-win, I got the statue ordered and the game off steam so I can play asap.

Just found out that if you prepurchased from GMG you don't get the preorder soundtrack bonus :(. There are also some other site that is selling DS3 w/ the preorder goodies and you get a key immediately from this slickdeals post. I will try to wait for the GMG key I paid for already but it's a bit annoying that I won't get the soundtrack even if I know I probably won't even listen to it and I paid a $1 more than that slickdeals thread. I am itching to just cancel it and order it elsewhere to preload it. :shame:

Just found out that if you prepurchased from GMG you don't get the preorder soundtrack bonus :(. There are also some other site that is selling DS3 w/ the preorder goodies and you get a key immediately from this slickdeals post. I will try to wait for the GMG key I paid for already but it's a bit annoying that I won't get the soundtrack even if I know I probably won't even listen to it and I paid a $1 more than that slickdeals thread. I am itching to just cancel it and order it elsewhere to preload it. :shame:
Gamesplanet has it available for preload, with the soundtrack. It's the store referenced in your link, I believe. I think GMG missed out on official partnership this time around, hence the lack of preorder goodies and the delay in giving out keys. At these prices I doubt Gamesplanet is making much money either, but they're willing to take the hit to gain validity in the eyes of potential customers. Next time it may be the other way around. If I were you, I'd cancel your GMG order and get it from Gamesplanet, I've heard GMG refunds you rather quickly if you used Paypal or the like.

the Prestige Edition from GameStop doesn't even include the game...it's just the statue...plus they charge an additional $5 for handling...you would think for $400 a handling charge would be included in the price...I just looked at my Steam pre-order and the soundtrack is listed...I hear the soundtrack of DS3 is excellent so I'm glad it's included

the Prestige Edition from GameStop doesn't even include the game...it's just the statue...plus they charge an additional $5 for handling...you would think for $400 a handling charge would be included in the price...I just looked at my Steam pre-order and the soundtrack is listed...I hear the soundtrack of DS3 is excellent so I'm glad it's included

You should really look into what comparable Polystone statues cost man. The price seems pretty reasonable. Also these statues do not tend to be overly light. That statue is probably upwards of 10-15lbs, maybe more. That $5 handling charge hopefully means they put a lot of effort and care into packing it to make sure it doesn't get damaged in transit.

Holy crap is it really only $55 bucks for deluxe edition at Gamesplanet?? I just put in my request for refund at GMG

That's where I ordered from. Got my key yesterday.

the Prestige Edition being sold in the UK is a better value as you get both the Red Knight and Lord of Cinder statues plus game, metal box, artbook, collector's box and 3 patches for basically the same price

the Prestige Edition being sold in the UK is a better value as you get both the Red Knight and Lord of Cinder statues plus game, metal box, artbook, collector's box and 3 patches for basically the same price

Mhm, though on it's own that statue probably costs at least $250. The rest of the stuff in that edition is fairly cheap. So if the statue costs $250, Bandai Namco or the manufacturer (sadly no one seems to know who it making these) will charge Gamestop $250 + x% so they make a profit off it. Then Gamestop pays to ship the things, probably from the UK, and adds their own markup to it. Then you get $400. I wonder what it would cost for an individual to import that Prestige Edition from the UK. I can't imagine that the shipping cost would be cheap, especially if the person or company selling it took real care into making sure it arrived safely.

Mhm, though on it's own that statue probably costs at least $250. The rest of the stuff in that edition is fairly cheap. So if the statue costs $250, Bandai Namco or the manufacturer (sadly no one seems to know who it making these) will charge Gamestop $250 + x% so they make a profit off it. Then Gamestop pays to ship the things, probably from the UK, and adds their own markup to it. Then you get $400. I wonder what it would cost for an individual to import that Prestige Edition from the UK. I can't imagine that the shipping cost would be cheap, especially if the person or company selling it took real care into making sure it arrived safely.

the Red Knight figurine doesn't look cheap...it's not the same quality as the Lord of Cinder one but the Red Knight Collector's Edition on its own costs $129 (according to GameStop)

the Red Knight figurine doesn't look cheap...it's not the same quality as the Lord of Cinder one but the Red Knight Collector's Edition on its own costs $129 (according to GameStop)

$120 is pretty standard for collector's editions with statues. I'm not saying they're crap, but for $120 you're getting the same plastic-y material most CE statues are made out of. You can find statues of similar quality of those included in most game CEs for $50-$80, depending on the amount of detail and size.

I bought mine on CDKeys (very similar to GMG) and am still waiting on my Steam unlock. Not like I care that much since I'm still in the middle of a DS2 playthough.
Still waiting on mine too. Pre-ordered it a couple months ago. Bought another game more recently through them, and they totally screwed up and took 5 days to give me a damn key on a game that was already released. Better not screw it up this time.

the Prestige Edition from GameStop doesn't even include the game...it's just the statue...plus they charge an additional $5 for handling...you would think for $400 a handling charge would be included in the price

For something like that you would NOT want the free shipping or cheap ass shipping. From what I've gathered for products like that they only make a few extras for exchanges for broken pieces in transit and once those are gone you're shit outta luck. When that happens then is they either give you a slight discount or refund the full purchase if you provide proof you destroyed the statue at their request. I'm dreading the shipping cost when the statue I have pre-ordered is released, it's ~100 lbs but I wouldn't trust that to the free shipping or economy shipping one bit.

For something like that you would NOT want the free shipping or cheap ass shipping. From what I've gathered for products like that they only make a few extras for exchanges for broken pieces in transit and once those are gone you're shit outta luck. When that happens then is they either give you a slight discount or refund the full purchase if you provide proof you destroyed the statue at their request. I'm dreading the shipping cost when the statue I have pre-ordered is released, it's ~100 lbs but I wouldn't trust that to the free shipping or economy shipping one bit.

if you really think that UPS or USPS treats your package with extra care just because you paid extra for shipping then you're fooling yourself...they treat most packages like crap and throw them around like footballs...does the manufacturer package the item better for the extra shipping charge?...possibly but when it comes to shipping there is no guaranteed safe way

What "100 pound" statue did you preorder?

What "100 pound" statue did you preorder?

ARH Death Dealer
ARH Studios

It's 29"W x 17"D x 31"H. I don't think it's quite 100 lbs, they used to list the weight but they changed web design not too long ago and no longer have the specs posted. I went by the weight a reseller BigBadToyStore listed.

If I were you, I'd cancel your GMG order and get it from Gamesplanet, I've heard GMG refunds you rather quickly if you used Paypal or the like.
Yeah I ended up cancelling it yesterday afternoon and I got the cancellation notice this morning from GMG. I bought it from gamesplanet and I am preloading now.

Now the seemingly longer wait begins... ;)

Anyone bought a pre-order from Amazon? I know it's not on sale but I have a gift card so my final cost is only like 20 bucks, can't do much better than that.

If I pre-order from them will I get a code to preload like some other places?

only 1 day left!!!!!!!...the wait is almost over :vamp: :vulcan::cold::blackalien:

these new smilies suck

Reactions: DPI
like this
only 1 day left!!!!!!!...the wait is almost over :vamp: :vulcan::cold::blackalien:

these new smilies suck

He'll yeah. I'm tempted to look at classes and plan a build already but I just don't want to know anything beforehand. Sword & board for first playthrough though, I've never been a fan of pressing A to spam magic and lightning bolts in this series.

He'll yeah. I'm tempted to look at classes and plan a build already but I just don't want to know anything beforehand. Sword & board for first playthrough though, I've never been a fan of pressing A to spam magic and lightning bolts in this series.

I always play the Warrior/Knight class for my first playthrough and DS3 will be no exception...this close to release I'm not even tempted to look at any spoilers...I've actually been reading some recent articles about Dark Souls 2...

Finding the humanity in Dark Souls 2

Why I Think Dark Souls II Is Better Than The Original

For some reason I want to see how far I can get without dying....I'll be playing REALLY slow and playing with a Dex build + bow to start.

If I make it more than a few hours without dying...I'll be impressed with myself :)

Back