Dark souls 3 83%off

I've sunk a criminal amount of hours into the souls series

the answer is maybe. Some people absolutely love the games (those who like challenging games, ever play Castlevania on your NES??), and others despise it. Lengthwise you'll be paying well under a buck an hour just to beat the game once.

Dark Souls III is not my favorite entry in the series, I even have way more hours in DSII (inb4 DS2 sux!) but it was still a good amount of fun to play. I vote give it a try..

Worst case you can just stare at Irithyll of the Boreal Valley for a few hours and get your money worth. Til you attempt to traverse it :p
441126429.jpg

I think it's worth it, but as usual YMMV. When I first played DS1 I hated it. I was coming from hard fast action reflex games like Ninja Gaiden so when I went to DS1, I did not do well and shelved it. It wasn't till DS3 was about to come out that I really played DS1 and then DS2 properly and finished both right before the release of DS3. Now I love them ;) . Though I would recommend DS1 first, not because of the story, but because some of the areas you go through in 3 will have less of an impact when you get to them.

Reactions: blert
like this
I watched a few vids of the game online and it looks brutal...I play games for enjoyment not to rip my hair out in anger bc I keep dying from the same boss lol....but a good analogy is cup head. I hated it at first and almost refunded it. But I kept playing and now it's ranked as one of my fav pc side scrollers! I'm not sure this game will ever be this cheap again but I hate buying games that I don't end up enjoying no matter the cost...

This is why we used to get demos or rent games so we could try them .. very annoying that you have to buy the full game or resort to piracy just to try it.

Wish we could say you'll love it but we're just being fair. I think if you gave it a chance it would grow on you, that seems to be how souls games go for most.. those who suffer the learning curve feel rewarded

202 hours out of it for me, its just like an 80s game with modernish graphics one of my favorites.

I have a kid and a wife and work a lot so I don't have much time to game. Or patience for bad games. Or patience for stupidly hard games. But DS is not stupidly hard*. It's hard, yes, but it's also rewarding in ways almost no other games are. (I think DSIII is the easiest of the DS series.) At this price it's a no brainer to me. You might not like it, but if you do, the rewards are huge. If you don't like it, you've lost a few bucks.

*For me, for example, Resident Evil 2 Remake on hard mode is stupidly hard. Not that I can't beat it, just that it's more or less random whether I live or die depending on how the zombies lurch etc. And the gameplay for me does not compensate for this annoying randomness. In DS you can get through the entire game without taking a hit if you know what you're doing.

I watched a few vids of the game online and it looks brutal...I play games for enjoyment not to rip my hair out in anger bc I keep dying from the same boss lol....but a good analogy is cup head. I hated it at first and almost refunded it. But I kept playing and now it's ranked as one of my fav pc side scrollers! I'm not sure this game will ever be this cheap again but I hate buying games that I don't end up enjoying no matter the cost...

I've never played Cuphead but from what I've seen, it's harder than DS. If you learned to like that, I can't see how you wouldn't love DS.

One of my favorite games of this generation. Beat it 4 times and each play through was just as enjoyable as the last.

I played one of the DS gamaes a few months ago as I had heard good things. After drying on the same boss 10+ times, I gave up. Maybe I'm not "Hardcore" anymore, but I did not find it enjoyable. YMMV. Don't remember if it was 3 or not...

I have 1000+ hours in each of the Souls games...so yeah I'm a fan...if you're a fan of amazing world building, enemy design and combat then the Souls series is a must have

The Cuphead comparison is tough to make. I've put in countless hours into the Souls (and similar) games and I find them way easier than Cuphead. Cuphead is more for people who do with with classic arcade games and even bullet hell spaceship shooters. I got about 1/3 of the way in and then just gave up. I love the animation, but I just can't handle it.

If I were to start the Souls games, I'd probably begin with Bloodborne (if you have a PS4) or even Sekiro. They're a gateway into that control scheme and the unforgivable nature of the series. From there, just play 'em in order. #1's probably the hardest, although the DLC's from 2 and 3 are huge exceptions. When they first came out there was nothing like 'em except maybe Ninja Gaiden, but now tons of games have similar elements. God of War, Nioh, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, Jedi Fallen Order, etc. are all pretty similar.

I played one of the DS gamaes a few months ago as I had heard good things. After drying on the same boss 10+ times, I gave up. Maybe I'm not "Hardcore" anymore, but I did not find it enjoyable. YMMV. Don't remember if it was 3 or not...
Yeah I didn't even bother to buy ds3 after watching a few you tube videos of people pulling there hair out trying to beat certain bosses lol. I don't find that to be enjoyable and fighting the same boss all night long with zero progress...I honestly don't have the time nor patience anymore to do that...maybe a summer sale will come around again...I got to to many other games to get thru right now

The Cuphead comparison is tough to make. I've put in countless hours into the Souls (and similar) games and I find them way easier than Cuphead. Cuphead is more for people who do with with classic arcade games and even bullet hell spaceship shooters. I got about 1/3 of the way in and then just gave up. I love the animation, but I just can't handle it.

If I were to start the Souls games, I'd probably begin with Bloodborne (if you have a PS4) or even Sekiro. They're a gateway into that control scheme and the unforgivable nature of the series. From there, just play 'em in order. #1's probably the hardest, although the DLC's from 2 and 3 are huge exceptions. When they first came out there was nothing like 'em except maybe Ninja Gaiden, but now tons of games have similar elements. God of War, Nioh, Lords of the Fallen, The Surge, Jedi Fallen Order, etc. are all pretty similar.
Ive been eyeing Sekiro and honestly it looks a little more fast paced that ds3 which I really like. I like the idea of being a ninja but waiting for it to drop heavily in price!

Dark Souls 3 is really good. I'd recommend picking it up.
They really aren't that hard. In DS3, if you can beat the very first boss, you can probably get through the entire game.
DS3 is also much more accessible than other games in the series, since your character is pretty capable at the beginning, and the controls are much better than the others.

Contrast to DS2, where you start so underpowered that you practically need to grind for the first three hours to wield a sword and shield (or have any potency to your spells, if you're a caster) or DS1, where leveling is also vital (but you don't start as weak as you do in DS2, and early levels come much faster)
Of course, the level curve in DS2 also gets weird late in the game, where (even without grinding) you've leveled up everything so far that you run out of places to put stat points, but still have a ways to go before the end. I really would have preferred starting more powerful (like stats having a baseline of 9 instead of 6, with some classes taking penalties in some stats) but leveling up was slower.

Back