Dark Matter Blob Confounds Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate it when they always say Confounds / baffles / flabbergasts / etc Scientists.
People REALLY need to buy a CLUE!
Scientists Study something make a hypothesis on why/how etc. think on how they can make a test to prove disprove it. Make predictions on what they "should" see if they might get things correct. Test to see of the predictions are correct, if not they need to start again or see if the test or some other step was in error. Once they can start making predictions they make a theory/additional predictions and the science builds from there. At any point the predictions or tests could go wrong, Observations can also be misleading, So check and re check and the more people doing it the better. After a while REAL understanding starts growing, Like being able to predict the effects of gravity in a wide range of frames of references down to a level that is beyond most peoples understanding.
Also they LIKE it when things are not exactly as predicted!?!! (this is not a religion that needs to be perfect - and I think that is why most hyper religious people can not understand it.) Science is perfectly ok with being wrong, since you learn anyway and will try again. Eventually the correct information will be found and people will have a much better understanding of whatever they are looking at and more questions to boot.
Religions really do not go there, it is simple (and often wildly wrong) or ineffable and you should not question it at all.

here,

a perfect example.

Einstein and his general theory of relativity. He came up with this massive theory, and it rested on ONE measurement from a solar eclipse. If the measurement was off even one digit in it's answer, the ENTIRE theory was wrong. ALL of it! But his theory was so spot on that his calculated value (prior to any observation) matched EXACTLY what was observed!

Jesus! A theory that explained a lot of observable information in the cosmos to include some side effects that he did not intend (ie black holes etc), was all mathematical and and matched what was observed later!!!!!

Powerball odd's has nothing on that!

How many of you in this thread really believe you have the answer to where your eternal soul will end up upon your death? Science won't save you, and doesn't have the answer. Mock me all you want, doesn't change the fact that we will all stand before Christ on Judgement Day. I am done with this thread as it's just going in circles, and I have said my piece. Peace to all, and may God richly bless each and every one of you.

Nobody here is claming to have all the answers except you. You are the only one claiming absolute knowledge. You have a problem with not understanding stuff, so you argue God to make you feel better. We are claiming that just because we don't know, doesn't mean god. Are you really this illiterate? How can you read this whole entire thread, then claim that we have all the answers? That is exactly NOT the point, the entire thread has been that your answer is not valid as an answer... The best guesses that we have are based off what we can observe, but none of us claim to know exactly how it works... only that the best guesses we can make ARE based off of what we can observe, not ancient fairy tales.

You are absolutely correct. The fact that I believe it does not make it true. However, the fact that it is true is why I believe it.

Do you have any evidence that it is true? Do you make it a habit to believe important things with no evidence?

Nobody here is claming to have all the answers except you. You are the only one claiming absolute knowledge. You have a problem with not understanding stuff, so you argue God to make you feel better. We are claiming that just because we don't know, doesn't mean god. Are you really this illiterate? How can you read this whole entire thread, then claim that we have all the answers? That is exactly NOT the point, the entire thread has been that your answer is not valid as an answer... The best guesses that we have are based off what we can observe, but none of us claim to know exactly how it works... only that the best guesses we can make ARE based off of what we can observe, not ancient fairy tales.

starting to wonder the same thing. I understand (and even admire, in a way) blind faith, but this dude is just getting closer and closer to a blatant troll.

I don't wanna talk to a scientist. Y'all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed.

Also this. Best post in this thread.

How many of you in this thread really believe you have the answer to where your eternal soul will end up upon your death? Science won't save you, and doesn't have the answer. Mock me all you want, doesn't change the fact that we will all stand before Christ on Judgement Day. I am done with this thread as it's just going in circles, and I have said my piece. Peace to all, and may God richly bless each and every one of you.

here how about this.

my "eternal soul" will go where everything else goes. Back into this universe (in my case, this floating rock called Earth) to most of it's basic form.

Carbon, Some Iron, minerals and off course, heat. Calcium not withstanding as that stays formed in the bones. Death, natural cycle. Happens to everything. I am not afraid of death. I am not afraid of what happens after death as, well I am DEAD! Ceasing to exsist scares people. Not sure why.

here how about this.

my "eternal soul" will go where everything else goes. Back into this universe (in my case, this floating rock called Earth) to most of it's basic form.

Carbon, Some Iron, minerals and off course, heat. Calcium not withstanding as that stays formed in the bones. Death, natural cycle. Happens to everything. I am not afraid of death. I am not afraid of what happens after death as, well I am DEAD! Ceasing to exsist scares people. Not sure why.

Right on, figgie. Dust to dust(quite literally) without all that religious nonsense.

I am not afraid of death. I am not afraid of what happens after death as, well I am DEAD! Ceasing to exsist scares people. Not sure why.

I agree, I actually look for ward to a nice long sleep and not having to wake up to this shit hole anymore.

You are absolutely correct. The fact that I believe it does not make it true. However, the fact that it is true is why I believe it.

Except it isn't fact and you can't prove a shred of it. A single book that is thousands of years old and has been translated over 3000 times because no one can agree on the original meaning AND omits material written in the same period because it "contradicts the theme" isn't proof. Actually there are much older books that contain the same stories and if anything are likely more factual based on the argument of older must be true. Which of course isn't a valid argument either way.

Now if you want to have faith, then I am all for that. Feel free to have faith and believe that your path is the right one. However don't think for a second that your faith gives you any right to call anyone else wrong when you can't factually back it up.

Faith is fine but the problem with religion is that it goes far beyond just faith and is downright dangerous in the hands of simpletons.

Dude I'm not going to spoonfeed you stuff that you could either figure out or read about.

Any rational person can easily come up with why morality exists. Hint: It has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

The book of the dead called. It wants its ten commandments back.

here how about this.

I absolutely agree, and I just want to add, don't live to die, die to live. When you accept that your time as a sentient being is finite, you will spend your time much more wisely. There will never be another March 9, 2012, never, not ever. What did you do today to improve your life and the lives of the people around you, and the world? If you can give a good answer to that every day, you will die having lived a fulfilled life.

^^^ Much easier said than done.

Darwin proved one thing "Adaption". He didn't prove "Evolution". Now everyone think about those 2 "words" before you respond. That should help with the Darwinism confusion. Also that dark matter is God snot on the telescope lens. Have fun & turn your clocks ahead 2nite ;)

Darwin proved one thing "Adaption". He didn't prove "Evolution". Now everyone think about those 2 "words" before you respond. That should help with the Darwinism confusion. Also that dark matter is God snot on the telescope lens. Have fun & turn your clocks ahead 2nite ;)

Are you saying that evolution doesn't exist, or that we just haven't seen it yet?

Adaptation refers to the process wherein certain groups or individuals change their ways in order to be better suited to their environment and habitat.

Evolution is a process in which the genetic structure and physical anatomy change in relation to the changes happening in the environment.

I would say that Darwin made cases for both.

Evolution is a process in which the genetic structure and physical anatomy change in relation to the changes happening in the environment...

...and then it gives it conscience to evolve beyond natural chemical limitations ^^

Everyone is making too much of a big fuss about this...

Clearly, the blobs are fog of war generators being used by aliens to camo their Earth invasion force.

Oh, and these are the same that engineered the human race for personal entertainment purposes.

Everyone is making too much of a big fuss about this...

Clearly, the blobs are fog of war generators being used by aliens to camo their Earth invasion force.

Oh, and these are the same that engineered the human race for personal entertainment purposes.

About time someone posts the facts around here.

Are you saying that evolution doesn't exist, or that we just haven't seen it yet?

Adaptation refers to the process wherein certain groups or individuals change their ways in order to be better suited to their environment and habitat.

Evolution is a process in which the genetic structure and physical anatomy change in relation to the changes happening in the environment.

I would say that Darwin made cases for both.

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Adaptation happens because creatures with certain physical changes that are better suited for their environment survive & have offspring. Passsing along that physical characteristic and so on. There is better evidence for evolution in human embryo development than in anything Darwin discovered, but he was very imaginative. There is no evidence of a change of species through evolution that I can think of right now. Possibly someone else has some evidence of such they can share. If I use my imagination possibly our dna strands are only stopping our development at this point, with further adaptations to come, as needed.

Stop trying to pretend you know what you're talking about.

Thank you for correcting my spelling. Adaptation happens because creatures with certain physical changes that are better suited for their environment survive & have offspring. Passsing along that physical characteristic and so on. There is better evidence for evolution in human embryo development than in anything Darwin discovered, but he was very imaginative. There is no evidence of a change of species through evolution that I can think of right now. Possibly someone else has some evidence of such they can share. If I use my imagination possibly our dna strands are only stopping our development at this point, with further adaptations to come, as needed.

Evolution is adaptation. New "species" develop, but it takes a long time, so people cannot directly observe such phenomena. You wont be able to watch two isolated populations of one species become two distinct species. That said, the fossil record and genome sequences provide undeniable evidence of the relatedness of all life on earth. There's a reason why there are no fossils of mammals in the precambrian period: mammals had not evolved yet.

Evolution is adaptation. New "species" develop, but it takes a long time, so people cannot directly observe such phenomena. You wont be able to watch two isolated populations of one species become two distinct species. That said, the fossil record and genome sequences provide undeniable evidence of the relatedness of all life on earth. There's a reason why there are no fossils of mammals in the precambrian period: mammals had not evolved yet.
If you look at the development of the human embryo, we look like a fish, tadpole, etc. until we end up where we are, so yes all life is related. You just have "faith" that evolutiuon is correct. Just to point out that there are different faiths that we as people believe in. A little tolerance of other faiths would be nice to see from some other people on this forum.

Dantrax;1038480049You just have "faith" that evolutiuon is correct.[/QUOTE said:
No, we have evidence. Evidence is literally the opposite of faith.

If you look at the development of the human embryo, we look like a fish, tadpole, etc. until we end up where we are, so yes all life is related. You just have "faith" that evolutiuon is correct. Just to point out that there are different faiths that we as people believe in. A little tolerance of other faiths would be nice to see from some other people on this forum.

But that's the whole problem. You're still trying to turn this debate into one that is based on matters of opinion. It's not like Allah, Yeshua, and Jesus, where you can all argue forever and never reach a conclusion. Evolution, the big-bang theory, climate change, and any other scientific phenomena that have been proven are not a matter of opinion, they are a matter of fact.

If you look at the development of the human embryo, we look like a fish, tadpole, etc. until we end up where we are, so yes all life is related.

According to mainstream consensus science, the notion that ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny has been disproven: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recapitulation_theory

Perhaps it can be argued that there are visual and other similarities... blah - I'm not going to review this in-depth. I just thought I'd provide the consensus view.

Things that have been proven I have no problem with. Science is questioning what is going on around us, why it is happening, how it happens & can we duplicate it: ie. prove it. I question things that I don't think make sense. I, at times question my faith, I question convenient unproved answers to big questions, but that's just me. You believe what you want to & I'll keep looking.

I once attended a business seminar where someone in the audience asked if it was okay to hire muslims. The speaker said "yes, you can have them converted afterwards". He was being serious.

Tolerance of other faiths is not something Catholics are known for. That's what a Missionary does professionally.

There was one guy that essentially bragged how he converted an entire village in exchange for carpentry tools. It was either they follow the Christian god, or they will leave and take the tools, schools and medicine with them. That's how your donations are being used.

Atleast it's better now, the motto used to be "Swear to the bible or die!"

I once attended a business seminar where someone in the audience asked if it was okay to hire muslims. The speaker said "yes, you can have them converted afterwards". He was being serious.

Tolerance of other faiths is not something Catholics are known for. That's what a Missionary does professionally.

There was one guy that essentially bragged how he converted an entire village in exchange for carpentry tools. It was either they follow the Christian god, or they will leave and take the tools, schools and medicine with them. That's how your donations are being used.

At least it's better now, the motto used to be "Swear to the bible or die!"

The only group i know that you can't mix are atheists. I have friends from different religions. Everyone tolerates each others positions and everything. Once you throw an atheist in the mix there's always going to be arguments at the end of the night. Every topic usually comes down to putting downs and personal attacks based on someones beliefs.[URL="http://www.christianpost.com/news/war-on-christmas-atheists-neutralizing-christianity-65259/"] From what I've seen atheists are more radical than Christians and other faiths. Atheists just can't tolerate people with opposing viewpoints. [/URL]Just like you saw on tv during Christmas they can't bare to see a nativity set. Its a phobia. Most hate god or have a grudge from something that happened in their lives.
You don't really see other religions picking off other religions rituals and traditions. Only the atheists bicker and moan. lol atheists usually bother Christians more than Muslims. Christians are more held back and reserved like the kid in the back of the bus that gets picked on. Atheists attack because most aren't willing to fight back. You never really see anyone picking on Muslims. People are afraid of what they can potentially do ;)

The only group i know that you can't mix are atheists. I have friends from different religions. Everyone tolerates each others positions and everything. Once you throw an atheist in the mix there's always going to be arguments at the end of the night. Every topic usually comes down to putting downs and personal attacks based on someones beliefs.[URL="http://www.christianpost.com/news/war-on-christmas-atheists-neutralizing-christianity-65259/"] From what I've seen atheists are more radical than Christians and other faiths. Atheists just can't tolerate people with opposing viewpoints. [/URL]Just like you saw on tv during Christmas they can't bare to see a nativity set. Its a phobia. Most hate god or have a grudge from something that happened in their lives.
You don't really see other religions picking off other religions rituals and traditions. Only the atheists bicker and moan. lol atheists usually bother Christians more than Muslims. Christians are more held back and reserved like the kid in the back of the bus that gets picked on. Atheists attack because most aren't willing to fight back. You never really see anyone picking on Muslims. People are afraid of what they can potentially do ;)

Thousands of years of conflict and bloodshed arose from religious differences and those whom are atheists are radical. Then as evidence, the article you put forth is from a Christian website... one that assumes the bible burning and vandalism of Christmas tree's electrical wires was done by an atheist.

Oh the wink means everything before that was sarcasm. Gotcha! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back