Dark blue patch on monitor?

delerious

Weaksauce
I have an IPS screen on a Thinkpad T60 laptop. When I make the screen all black, I do see a bit of backlight bleed around the edges. But I also see a nebulous dark blue patch in the center of the screen. That's not BLB, which is supposed to be a lighter gray, right? It looks like it's only there on an all black screen. Anyone know what that is?

Also, when I make the screen all white, the lower left and lower right corners are a bit dark. How common is that?

Sounds like the blue sub-pixels are not fully "twisting" to the "off position" to prevent the backlight from shining thru.

I have a similar issue with my Asus VK246H TN-panel monitor at the bottom of the screen (small patch). It's a cheap monitor that not used very often so I don't really care too much. However, if I had the same issue with my NEC 2690WUXi or Planar PX2611w, then I would scream bloody murder.

Thanks for the info. This screen was actually a replacement I put in (the other one had a stuck pixel), maybe I will return it and try another one.

Back