Daredevil Falls to Death after Filming Self atop 62-Story Skyscraper in China

10 bucks says liveleak has this on vid.

searching now :D

It's on there but only shows the fall, not the landing. There was another one mid-week too.. seems like a great fad for us LL fags.

I can't figure out where he was trying to go? He was already on top of the building, was he trying to climb back down?
Part of his stunts involve doing things like pullups and handstands on the edges of buildings. Looks like he must've already been exhausted by the time he got up there and didnt realize how tired he was to fail after only doing 2 pullups.

I respect him a lot and I think he lived a better life than most people do. I'm reminded of Nietzsche's Thus Spoke Zarathustra where there is the rope dancer who has a dangerous job too and Zarathustra commends him for it. This man transcends ordinary life by taking such an extreme risk and at the same time becomes a free individual. What did he have to lose anyway? He was dead either way, the only difference is whether it was a few years earlier or later. Our lives are so very short either way. At least he overcame his own fears and mastered himself in his art.

Give that man a Darwin award!

Thank freaking god he didn't have kids. He won't be polluting the gene pool.

Disagree. We need more courageous people, even if a few of them die doing stupid daredevil stunts, that's alright. We need the kind of people that Nietzsche spoke of, the people who are willing to go above and beyond of mere duty, beyond ordinary comfortable existence, take risks and accomplish something extraordinary that pushes all of humanity forward. That takes an extraordinary psyche, which this guy most certainly had.

The media grasped the root of the problem perfectly: Don't do stupid shit live! How about not doing stupid shit at all?

Once again, I disagree. Doing stupid shit is great. Stupid shit is the stuff that leads to companies that transform the world and make billions of dollars. The ideas every ordinary and sane person thinks are crazy and will never work. We need people who fervently believe in their own projects and refuse to care about society.

Once again, I disagree. Doing stupid shit is great. Stupid shit is the stuff that leads to companies that transform the world and make billions of dollars. The ideas every ordinary and sane person thinks are crazy and will never work. We need people who fervently believe in their own projects and refuse to care about society.
How does jumping around on top of tall buildings result in anything good for society? Just because someone can make money of something stupid doesn't mean it is beneficial to us.
Every good idea has it's naysayers, but having naysayers is not proof that you're on to something. Most stupid ideas can be disproved by the simplest scientific research.

I wonder if he was thinking about his upcoming marriage that very moment he let go

Yeah. Doing that without knowing you could do at least 20 pull ups.....Darwin! Pull ups are tough. Once you are done that is it.

Don't do that folks. Not even off your roof. I used to rock climb back when I was young and thinner. Even with safety equipment that was some flop sweat inducing shit.

Yeah. Doing that without knowing you could do at least 20 pull ups.....Darwin! Pull ups are tough. Once you are done that is it.

Don't do that folks. Not even off your roof. I used to rock climb back when I was young and thinner. Even with safety equipment that was some flop sweat inducing shit.

The dude free-climbed at least 20 stories up the side of the building without safety equipment to get to that location in the first place. I imaging that he probably could do plenty of pull ups normally--was stupid though to try it after climbing up the side of the building.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/51206...ational-centre-rooftopping-climb-china-media/

Using basic kinematics and not accounting for wind resistance...

Distance Traveled = 62 Story Building = 204.6 meters
Velocity Final = sqrt( 2 * 9.81m/s2 * 204.6m) = 63.35m/s (ouch)
Time Falling = 63.35m/s / 9.81 m/s2 = 6.46 seconds (longer due to air resistance)

That's an eternity of time to realize you were about to become a human sidewalk pancake.

Last edited:
At least he overcame his own fears and mastered himself in his art.

I got 100 yuan says he was scared shitless the last few seconds of his life, and if his art was mastered he'd be getting married instead of mopped up.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaZa
like this
dude was strong yo, top shape, with a great set of balls, its not unusual for guys like this to die while having fun doing things they like, you guys suck.

The dude free-climbed at least 20 stories up the side of the building without safety equipment to get to that location in the first place. I imaging that he probably could do plenty of pull ups normally--was stupid though to try it after climbing up the side of the building.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/51206...ational-centre-rooftopping-climb-china-media/

This article says he fell 45 feet onto a terrace and died from injuries from or shortly after he hit the ground, so looks like not 62 stories.

And to think there will be other guys doing that same shit on purpose.

He didn’t free climb that building. There is literally nothing to hold on to.

Its obvious he didn’t if the whole building looks like the particular portion he lost his life to.

dude was strong yo, top shape, with a great set of balls, its not unusual for guys like this to die while having fun doing things they like, you guys suck.
Guy died doing what he loved, good for him.
He still gets a Darwin for skipping the safety equipment (and the not contaminating the gene pool part).

It's on there but only shows the fall, not the landing. There was another one mid-week too.. seems like a great fad for us LL fags.

I started to say, this is the second one I've seen on LL in a week.

Derp

He only fell 47 feet or so onto a terrace, so the best he could have done is became a living Hobbit. He probably knew the terrace was there hence the arm-flapping to keep the feet pointed down. If falling from 62 storeys, best thing to do is tuck those limbs in, point the head/upper body down, and glide that shit straight into the pavement below.

He didn’t free climb that building. There is literally nothing to hold on to.

Its obvious he didn’t if the whole building looks like the particular portion he lost his life to.

The article does claim that he did free climb the building but perhaps the journalists were wrong. Do you have a source that claims otherwise and states that he didn't first free climb the building before falling off?

From the article:
...he free-climbed nearly 20 more floors to reach the position where he filmed.

A Chinese daredevil known for scaling skyscrapers without safety equipment to snap jaw-dropping selfies died last month after slipping off a 62-story building in the central city of Changsha. His death has prompted the media to warn about live-streaming stunts.

Rooftoppers tout millions of followers on social media, dangling over stunning heights in a bid for views and likes. A 23-year-old Russian model dangled off a 1,004-high tower in Dubai earlier this year, receiving no shortage of criticism. Wu told his viewers not to imitate his stunts, the BBC reported.

I realize how stupid this was and how stupid the guy was. It was still immensely sad to watch. In a world where there are so many people and it sucks trying to stand out, that's probably all the guy wanted to do. Just such a meaningless whif of a death.

The article does claim that he did free climb the building but perhaps the journalists were wrong. Do you have a source that claims otherwise and states that he didn't first free climb the building before falling off?

From the article:

fake news

you conveniently left out the text immediately before your quote
"It is believed he free-climbed “nearly 20 more floors” to reach the position where he filmed."

For Shame....

Beyond that - did you look at the picture. humans can't climb glass last I checked.

He might have used suction cups to do that, but that's not free climbing. Free Climbing means nothing but your own two hands and feet - no equipment. (save shoes and chalk)

upload_2017-12-18_20-37-38.png

This is free climbing -- with one of the legends, Dan Osman -- now too dead from a fall.

The next “dead man walking” who is currently the worlds premiere free climber is Alex Honnald. First man to ever ascend the 3000 foot El Captain free solo. He did it in 3 hours. It takes a god climber sometimes 2 days to climb El Captain with ropes and equipment. It is considered one of the most dangerous and difficult climbs in the world.

For what it's worth watch those videos of SERIOUS professional climbers, their strength and stamina, and then watch that O.P. video and how he's so pitifully weak and ask yourself if that fellow from China was really a professional climber, or weakling youtube hack seeking grand attention...

Alex Honnald hangs by his fingertips for 60 minutes at a time, 3xs a week IIRC to build up and maintain his strength. That youtube kid couldn't do it for more than about 30 seconds in this video. I stand by my initial statement. If the kid can't do more than 2 pullups - he shouldn't be hanging off the side of a building....(not that anyone should -- IMO)

Last edited:
for all these daredevil type of people I get the rush of doing crazy things but all it takes is 1 mistake and it's all over...not worth it

Hey, I've had my share of stupid achievements in my life. And I agree, doing stupid shit can be fun.
But you don't have to go 'full retard'!

fake news

you conveniently left out the text immediately before your quote
"It is believed he free-climbed “nearly 20 more floors” to reach the position where he filmed."

For Shame....

Beyond that - did you look at the picture. humans can't climb glass last I checked.

He might have used suction cups to do that, but that's not free climbing. Free Climbing means nothing but your own two hands and feet - no equipment. (save shoes and chalk)

View attachment 46939

This is free climbing -- with one of the legends, Dan Osman -- now too dead from a fall.

The next “dead man walking” who is currently the worlds premiere free climber is Alex Honnald. First man to ever ascend the 3000 foot El Captain free solo. He did it in 3 hours. It takes a god climber sometimes 2 days to climb El Captain with ropes and equipment. It is considered one of the most dangerous and difficult climbs in the world.

For what it's worth watch those videos of SERIOUS professional climbers, their strength and stamina, and then watch that O.P. video and how he's so pitifully weak and ask yourself if that fellow from China was really a professional climber, or weakling youtube hack seeking grand attention...

Alex Honnald hangs by his fingertips for 60 minutes at a time to build up and maintain his strength. That youtube kid couldn't do it for more than about 30 seconds in this video. I stand by my initial statement. If the kid can't do more than 2 pullups - he shouldn't be hanging off the side of a building....(not that anyone should -- IMO)

Now, I believe there is one philosophical difference between the guy that just fell to his death and these professional free climbers. They don't do it to show off or make money off some contest. They do it for themselves, first. As a personal quest for achievement. Almost a spiritual endeavor.

Still, being a splat on the pavement sucks much more.

Chances are they could just hose him away with a drop like that.

Terrible but likely true.

Not terrible at all, call me heartless as I have no empathy for stupid daredevils, their choice, but terrible would be him landing on and killing an innocent. I'm sure society appreciates the easy cleanup you suggest.

Not terrible at all, call me heartless as I have no empathy for stupid daredevils, their choice, but terrible would be him landing on and killing an innocent. I'm sure society appreciates the easy cleanup you suggest.

Pretty much this. Several people saying he was in amazing shape but his fall says otherwise. I can pull off 30 dead hang pull ups. Know were I do them? From a bar not the side of a building.

Ego killed him. He was fine, but had to try and look like a badass and do pull-ups and exhausted his strength. The last pull-up was too much and he was toast after that.

Back