DAO after skyrim

jdl

Weaksauce
I never purchased or played DAO. Is is worth it after playing skyrim or dont waste my time?

Completely different games IMO. I really liked both games but for very different reasons.

DAO is much more story driven. If you played Baldur's Gate or KOTOR it’s more like that. Combat is kind of turned based, almost like an MMORPG feel to it.

i loved baldurs gate, but never played kotor. I'll pick up dao since it is only $15

thanks.

I'm playing through DAO for the first time now. It's very good... and it seems much more content filled than other recent Bioware games. I do like KOTOR more though, mainly for the setting.

Completely different games IMO. I really liked both games but for very different reasons.

DAO is much more story driven. If you played Baldur's Gate or KOTOR it’s more like that. Combat is kind of turned based, almost like an MMORPG feel to it.

I agree with this, very different kind of RPGs, both great in their own right, I enjoyed the 80-90 hours that both games provided for a reasonably decent full play through, well worth the money.

Stay away from DA2 whatever you do.

I just picked up DAO a couple of months ago, and it was a great game that is definitely still worth playing. I still need to finish it, but only because I got sidetracked and not because I didn't enjoy it. I'm only like 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through after close to 50 hours.

I'm a few hours into Skyrim now, and I'm honestly not sure which I like better. You'd think two RPGs with dragons in them would be easy to compare, but they are actually extremely different games that are both fantastic examples of their subgenres (narrative driven with "tatics" style combat vs. open world immersion).

I agree with this, very different kind of RPGs, both great in their own right, I enjoyed the 80-90 hours that both games provided for a reasonably decent full play through, well worth the money.

Stay away from DA2 whatever you do.

Yeah I have a few hundred hours in DAO. I think my second playthrough (with DLC’s) was about 100 hours by itself.

I wouldn't say stay away from DA2. On its own, it is a "good" game; however if you do get it, suspend all expectations that it is a sequel to DAO. Just go into it with the idea that it is a stand alone game and it is ok.

DAO I liked better than Skyrim, probably because I like "tactical" combat more than hack and slash. DA2 was a lazy piece of shit

DA:O is on eof hte best rpgs to come out int he past decade.

Great story, great characters, great writing all around.

It's not really much like Skyrim at all, much more of a throwback to classic style isometric party based rpgs like BG/Icewind Dale.

DA:II on the other hand, a major disappointment in about all regards.

I like Skyrim a bit more but I did have another DAO runthrough after playing Skryim, and I enjoyed it.

DA:O is a great game, and was one of the 1st I've played multiple playthroughs on in a long time. I currently have about 115 hours in the game, and it was well worth it. Even after playing Skyrim, I think you owe DA:O a playthrough.

i havnt played it in awhile and someone here mentioned it was very moddable, any overhaul mods for it? with a ton of new content?

You know I never really messed with player added content; I know there is some. I did however use a few of the graphics packs, armors, weapons and some other game play mods, like one that let you use the dog without it costing as a companion slot.

One of the better texture overhauls is JB3's, other than that It's been about a year since I downloaded any mods, so there should be new stuff out there.

Dragon Age Nexus

Yeah I have a few hundred hours in DAO. I think my second playthrough (with DLC’s) was about 100 hours by itself.

I wouldn't say stay away from DA2. On its own, it is a "good" game; however if you do get it, suspend all expectations that it is a sequel to DAO. Just go into it with the idea that it is a stand alone game and it is ok.

DA2 isn't even good on its own, it was a terrible game and when compared to DAO it was a train wreck and a slap in the face to fans of the original. I would completely stay away from DA2, about 80% of the game is in one town and then the other 15% were a collection of 10 or so dungeons that were just reused throughout the game. The combat is completely different, i personally loved dao's combat some didn't w/e. The choices were terrible, the story was terrible. After putting at the min 120 hours into several dao playthroughs, DA2 smashed those hopes of it being an awesome sequel, I've only played it 20 hours, and i won't ever go back to play it again. They rushed it, plain and simple. Its maybe and I say maybe worth it at most 5 dollars. DAO is definitely worth w/e you're paying for it though.

Back