Dante's Inferno Demo!

Me likey. Sure it's a God Of War clone but that's not a bad thing really IMO. I didn't get to play through the whole demo (damn wife) but what I played was nice.

Is there a lot of blood in this game? I saw a few gameplay videos on Xplay and didnt see much but maybe they were censored for TV.

Graphics were below average. it looked like a PS2 game in some parts.

Gameplay seemed like a straight copy of God of War, but I like God of War, so ....

All in all to me it seems like a God of War clone with "meh" graphics" and a LOT of boobs and even some vulva.

Graphics were below average. it looked like a PS2 game in some parts.

Gameplay seemed like a straight copy of God of War, but I like God of War, so ....

All in all to me it seems like a God of War clone with "meh" graphics" and a LOT of boobs and even some vulva.

Yeah isn't this game supposed to have sperm swimming on the walls and all type's of sexual based stuff on one of the level's, I'm sure it's lust.

I'll DL it this afternoon when I get home but I never expected it to be in the same category as God of War.

regardless.. i still have this as a preordered. may be a god of war clone .. but sometimes it's good to change the theme every once in awhile.

When I saw the first health fountain thing I though "Really guys?"

Yeah it's a clone but it wasn't a bad demo by any means. The dev interview videos do make the game look better than it did when I played it though. Hmm... marketing at work.

gameplay is very much GOW like but I think the various levels of hell will make it very interesting. It is not a bad thing to have familiar game mechcanics in a new game I have enuf trouble remembering which button does what as it is.

The demo left me wanting more, I have it preordered from Amazon along with Bioshock 2 I'm not sure which I'll concentrate on first I can't wait til Feb 9th BT?W I hate Gamestop's preorder procedure they charge you seveal days before it ships as a hold on your card then charge you again on shipping it sometimes the hold doesn't clear before the actual charge and you get double charged for a while which can play havoc on your bank account.

I like this much better then god of war. Sure it may seem like a clone, but the demo hardly gets to any meat. Hell is what the game is about. The CG is ridiculously awesome, and the 2d cartoonish shit is a nice touch. I like the weight of the scythe, chains are boring.

Very interesting demo. I put it on easy and actually died a few times. Seems a lot harder then God of War. I think I will buy this. Played good.

Pretty good, but maybe a little too similar to GOW. We've all played some fun knock off games, but this one has really borrowed too much from the GOW series. That said, I love the God of War games and I might get this, too.

Checked out the demo since I knew nothing of this game. I'm kind of shocked at how blatantly it rips on GoW, but I don't care, because it was a lot of fun. I will definitely pick this one up.

I liked it. While I like GOW, I preferred the Hell setting of Dante's Inferno to ancient Greece. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

yea the gfx are not the best but i was having fun. I really like the setting.

Pretty good, but maybe a little too similar to GOW. We've all played some fun knock off games, but this one has really borrowed too much from the GOW series. That said, I love the God of War games and I might get this, too.

That's what I feel about it also, I knew it had borrowed alot from GOW but man after playing the demo it's a damn near copy with just a different setting. I give props to the dev's because they made deadspace but they need to work on the visual's a little more cuz the game doesn't look all that great

Well.. I put down my money for a pre-order on this game today at GameStop. PS3 owners get the Collector's Edition of this game right from the get go.

[url=http://www.dantesinferno.com/us/blog/blogdivineedition-2009-12-10]Dante's Inferno Game Official Blog[/url] said:
Visceral Games studio today announced Dante’s Inferno™ “Divine Edition” exclusive for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. In addition to the game, all those who purchase Dante’s Inferno on the PlayStation 3 will receive this special edition which includes developer commentaries, a Wayne Barlowe digital art book, the soundtrack to the game and a digital version of the complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri’s Inferno all for the standard retail price of $59.99.

I ordered from GameStop because they are giving away a cool Dante figurine as a bonus:

So, with this game and GoW III Ultimate Edition on pre-order, my gaming docket is pretty full for Spring of 2010.

Played this demo yesterday! Had a blast, but when it was trying to tell me to push the red circle, I thought it meant to wiggle the stick.

With Dante's, Darksiders, MAG( was so much fun in the eta can't wait), Bioshock 2 ( I love roaming thru Rapture Get up Mr. Bubbles) and GOW 3 we will be very busy gamers the next few months and I still want Borderlands and Dragon Age. So many awesome games I have both systems but I usually get the PS 3 versions. Any reasons to get xbox over PS 3 for these Games if you have the choice?

YA that red circle thiing had me confused too finally figured out it meant keep pushing the Circle button repeatedly, I was wiggling the stick too.

I have played the demo three times and i like it alot. I have followed the developers video dairy and the game looks really cool. They have designed Hell like the old medieval books pictured Hell. And as i understood it the end-boss in every circles are the famous people Dante meets in the book. So in Lust for an example, Cleopatra is the end-boss.

Like it so far, maybe even gonna buy the game.

I just played this demo, I am definitely getting it, enjoyed it very much. Never played God of War.. will have to check it out.

The game is a 2nd rate God of War. There's nothing unique in its gameplay. It's not even embarrassed to be utterly ripping off God of War, and it doesn't even offer anything different from God of War.

I cant believe someone would pay 60 bucks for an imitation.

What a let down, whose bright idea was it to use comic book strips for cutscenes ? The combat is too floaty. It's Devil may Cry with a polearm at best. <golf clap> to their marketing team though, they almost had me there for a second.

The comic book like cutscenes ruin the whole mood/atmosphere of the game imo.

Leadign up to the game they didnt' show that at all and everything was cgi/in-game and the atmosphere of it all looked great, but it just ruins it when you toss in a comic book like cartoony looking cutscene.

who cares if its a rip off of god of war, if god of war was so great like everyone says then they should like this one? Theres only thousand different fps out there.. many of them very similiar, noone complains about that.

I'm going to play this, but I'm not going to buy it at $60. It will be interesting to see just how far they go in it. Joystiq had an article that mentioned something about a boss that is a demon with a huge penis that has physics applied to it as you fight it.

Physics enabled Demon Penis.

Never seen that before.

The game is a 2nd rate God of War. There's nothing unique in its gameplay. It's not even embarrassed to be utterly ripping off God of War, and it doesn't even offer anything different from God of War.

I cant believe someone would pay 60 bucks for an imitation.

In case you haven't noticed, 90% of this generation's games are clones of LAST generation's games, just polished with a nicer coat of graphical prowess :)

who cares if its a rip off of god of war, if god of war was so great like everyone says then they should like this one? Theres only thousand different fps out there.. many of them very similiar, noone complains about that.

I do. FPS's are boring as fuck and I'm sick to death of the entire genre :)

hey guys, its a TOTAL clone of Devil may cry/bayonetta/GOW/any other hack n slash in existence!

Just like MW2 is a TOTAL clone of halo because it has shooting it it!

Its a genre.

It's blatantly plagiarising Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden and God of War all at the same time. Talk about generic console crap.

Anybody tried the 360 version? I'm downloading both tonight so I can try them in the morning. Just curious :)

16% , I didn't realize it was out already

edit:

Other then the fact the PS3 version is running at 720p opposed to the 360 running at 1080p. Gameplay on the 360 is equally poor and uninspiring as it is on the PS3

Last edited:
Back