Danger Den going out of business sale 75% off everything

Damn, the one day i don't check the hot deals section early. I can't get to their site at all, all I get is "The website declined to show this webpage"
Was going to see if they had any AMD 6900 series blocks....

Sad. They used to be fairly close before they moved to the coast. Just on the west side of the state as me. Always great service. They were pioneers in the watercooling commercialization business, and made some great products for a long time. I'm still running my water block and have several others...

Nothing I need, really. I'm downgrading my watercooling to a Corsair unit to minimize everything. My set up is a bit too big as it stands. Great cooling ability, I just don't need that much anymore. Outgrew it, I guess.

Got two 580 blocks and some barb fittings (curse you whoever took all the compressions and tubing!!!)

Now, 580 SLI or 6990...
Fittings and tubing purchasers....WHAT HE SAID! Well, at least I don't have to keep checkin the site to see if its up. Only thing I really needed/wanted atm. Very shitty to see them go out. Used their stuff from time to time and had no issues. Oh well, if any of their guys come here...sorry about your misfortune and good luck.

Big bummer, man those guys have been around for a long time

Back in the day I bought my watercooling almost exclusively from DD. But as another poster said, now that I'm older I just dont care about crazy setups and overclocking. Sad to see them go.

Has Anyone been able to change the shipping? I tried to call, but didn't get a answer. My shipping came to 80 Dollars which is ridiculous, for what I got they are sending it priority I was going to see if they could change to UPS ground, Did anyone have luck with that?

They're stuff simply wasn't competitive anymore. Their designs got rocked by some of the other manufacturers out there. That's capitalism.

Haven't been interested in their products for a looooong time now...

I cant believe DD is going outta business.......... Their gpu blocks were always my favorites. Think they are the only company that actually mills the blocks so you dont have to use pads for the memory, just a dab of paste.

Thats the problem, they were innovators, and then they stopped innovating, they got to comfy or didnt have time, and so their products, and names fell to the way side.

So many other companies came along and some dam nice european ones that just stomped all over them!

Ladies and Gentleman, we have a serious issue here.

DangerDen needs a bailout.

Soapbox in 4.3.2.1 :D

well i tried getting a few things but shipping killed the deal, only allowing usps priority mail at checkout.
shipping was the $10 higher than my order and it wasnt but some fittings and tubing

well i tried getting a few things but shipping killed the deal, only allowing usps priority mail at checkout.
shipping was the $10 higher than my order and it wasnt but some fittings and tubing

Shipping almost killed the deal for me as well. I ordered 7 1/2" fatboy barbs, a neat tubing cutter, a nice fill port, and lastly 12 ft. of tygon 7/16" tubing. $14 for 3 day shipping. Still a good price with the discount on the items. Total price was just under $34 for items and shipping.

Wow, how did I miss this completely. I didn't find out about it until a friend of mine told me that they are at PDXLAN giving away what is apparently the last of their inventory. At the same time I'm not surprised. Their prices always seemed high to me and I had no interest in their acrylic cases.

Shipping almost killed the deal for me as well. I ordered 7 1/2" fatboy barbs, a neat tubing cutter, a nice fill port, and lastly 12 ft. of tygon 7/16" tubing. $14 for 3 day shipping. Still a good price with the discount on the items. Total price was just under $34 for items and shipping.

about what i tried to order minus the cutter, but add some uv red dye, and a fill port and shipping was $34 :/ whilst the parts were only $20-22 :/

edit:
Cart Totals
10 Items: $18.91
Shipping cost: $42.36

Total: $61.27

Last edited:
I'm here @ PDXLAN and they gave away probably a few hundred feet of tubing.... Pretty cool

about what i tried to order minus the cutter, but add some uv red dye, and a fill port and shipping was $34 :/ whilst the parts were only $20-22 :/

edit:

That doesn't seem right. That would have killed my order.

According to some posts over at XS forums, his wife or somebody related to the owner passed away. Maybe we should cut the speculation on this issue and create another thread about the water cooling industry elsewhere.....

Sad indeed ... I got some sweet chipset blocks from them for my Skulltrail ... still running strong.

holy crap how did I miss this??!

very sad... my first set of blocks were a 939 tdx and a pair of maze4's (one low profile). I was thinking about buying a torture rack a couple months back.. oh well. I bet those cases went lightning fast @ 75% off..

Week has almost gone by. So much for over priced 3 day shipping and no notifications from Danger Den. They did take my money though. If I don't hear about my order by noon tomorrow I'm contacting my credit card company and seeking some fraud prevention help.

When I first got into water cooling in 2003 my parents found DD and got me a $50 gift certificate to the site. I coupled it with an Ebay purchase and water cooled my whole Socket A system (chipset, mobo, video card), mostly with DD blocks. Kinda sad to see them go after all of this time. Shame I missed the majority of it (I did loot the hell out of CrazyPC when they went out of business though).

Week has almost gone by. So much for over priced 3 day shipping and no notifications from Danger Den. They did take my money though. If I don't hear about my order by noon tomorrow I'm contacting my credit card company and seeking some fraud prevention help.

i know right, but i ordered sunday and mine hasnt shipped either, it took me 3 emails to get a response from kathi, apparently she's the only one running it now and its obvious that she's slow as can be..

unfortunately ive got no choice but to wait as i have to have what i ordered and wouldnt be able to afford the stuff i bought anywhere else with such a budget..

i know right, but i ordered sunday and mine hasnt shipped either, it took me 3 emails to get a response from kathi, apparently she's the only one running it now and its obvious that she's slow as can be..

unfortunately ive got no choice but to wait as i have to have what i ordered and wouldnt be able to afford the stuff i bought anywhere else with such a budget..

I talked to her on the phone today. She told me the WEB page crashed last weekend due to so much traffic and they received over 500 orders. She was able to find my order with my name and said that my stuff would ship out next Tuesday. :rolleyes:

Sucks but I did get a good deal and I hope my money helps the business out. Good bye Danger Den.

that sucks big time i hope mine ships before then.. i only ordered 10x 1/2" perfect seal fittings, a vandal switch, and a red fill port so its not such a big order..

for sales as big as this they should have had the extra people helping.. doesnt seem right to take so long
i cant finish my rig until the my order which means i cant sell it until then either so it kinda sucks big time..

Danger Den sent me a partial refund for my shipping costs. i didn't ask them to do that but that seems like the right thing to do. Glad they gave me a refund without me asking them to do so.

Hopping to get my order delivered by next Friday.

If you are wondering why they sent out a partial refunds for shipping, it was because I contacted them on facebook about me paying $20.83 in shipping for a couple barbs that shipped in a small FRB. They sent me a refund within 5 hours and said they would go through other orders and look into it as well :D

I ordered during the sale and got my stuff on the following Tuesday. Looks like I got lucky.

I ordered mine on Sunday and still nothing.......like you said shipping was expensive. I ordered like 6 tubes of artic alumina and a tubing cutter and shipping was over $14

People complaining about shipping. let me fill you in a little bit about DD.

DD was a fun side project. It was never a full time job for any of its employees.

Jeremy WAS Dangerden. Once he left to pursue his own career, DD slowed down and the creation of more "innovative" products kind of fell of.

Kathy literally is the ONLY person there now. It's a tiny little shop with a little back room. Cut her a little slack as in a rush to fill 500+ orders yourself you would take a little while and make some mistakes too. She forgot the screws to my Tower 450 I ordered but it's no sweat. Called her up and just let her know and it was here in a couple of days.

Dangerden is not XSPC, EK, Koolance or any of the larger Water Cooling companies. DD was more about customer service and community. They provided years and years of sponsorship and free product for PDXLAN.

Honestly I'm sad to read some of these comments of people who have no idea how small DD is as a company and how heart breaking this is for some of us locally. These aren't just employee's, these are friends.

People complaining about shipping. let me fill you in a little bit about DD.

DD was a fun side project. It was never a full time job for any of its employees.

Jeremy WAS Dangerden. Once he left to pursue his own career, DD slowed down and the creation of more "innovative" products kind of fell of.

Kathy literally is the ONLY person there now. It's a tiny little shop with a little back room. Cut her a little slack as in a rush to fill 500+ orders yourself you would take a little while and make some mistakes too. She forgot the screws to my Tower 450 I ordered but it's no sweat. Called her up and just let her know and it was here in a couple of days.

Dangerden is not XSPC, EK, Koolance or any of the larger Water Cooling companies. DD was more about customer service and community. They provided years and years of sponsorship and free product for PDXLAN.

Honestly I'm sad to read some of these comments of people who have no idea how small DD is as a company and how heart breaking this is for some of us locally. These aren't just employee's, these are friends.

I think you need to re-read the whole thread as there was only one comment about the slow shipping that was out of line. 90% of the comments where positive and where sorry to see them close.

I think you need to re-read the whole thread as there was only one comment about the slow shipping that was out of line. 90% of the comments where positive and where sorry to see them close.

It wasnt just the shipping stuff. It was some other comments. I was just being informative about what DD is as a company. I think a lot of folks think that they are some large warehouse with dozens of employees.

It wasnt just the shipping stuff. It was some other comments. I was just being informative about what DD is as a company. I think a lot of folks think that they are some large warehouse with dozens of employees.

Hey Kyle, glad you chimed in here or I would have..While I live in MD, I belive I mentioned to you that my Grandma lives exactly 10 miles away from DD..I actually sent her there on a mission once to get my a block and overnight it, since I needed it ASAP and I knew she could get it here faster and cheaper..She told me the same thing, that it was a small yet awesome looking shop, and the people were super friendly..

I am sad to see them go..I tried to get another GPU block to match the 480 and block I bought from you, but I was unable to get it during the rush:(..

Back