Danger Den Closes Its Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.
And THAT was the stupid circular argument of the year award.

It's been 4 years now. What has your guy done to improve it? Name something. Come on you can do it... How has our spending become more responsible?

You are aware that legislation that the President signs does originate in the House and doesn't get to him unless the Senate puts its stamp of approval on it, right? It doesn't matter if it's Bush or Obama, D or R, the President isn't a King. It's the other 535 bastards that you should be pissed at here. The President can't spend squat unless they approve of it. As far as turning things around, even Romney himself has said that it would take him 8-10 years to turn things around and I know that he's lying. The problem for any President is that other than passing or vetoing bills, that's really all he can do regarding permanent legislation. There are some limited things a President can do on their own but those same things can easily be undone by his successor. The President comes and goes but the people who are really fucking things up royally are the career politicians at the federal level. If you don't like something that the President signs, remember that he wouldn't be signing it if not for the assholes who wrote and passed it up to him.

They run the show and love to blame the President from the 'other' party for everything they touch going wrong.

If you want to be pissed at someone then be pissed at the federal legislators that your state has elected. The same goes for the other 49 states out there. Odds are though that you are more than happy with your politicians and that your perception is that they are trying to do what you want. Many people who are pissed at government believe that their guys aren't the problem, it's the other guys. For them all I have to say is there are 49 other states out there with a variety of opinions, deal with it. Two parties, each taking turns blaming the President that is currently in place if that President isn't their guy, makes for the perfect Divide and Conquer strategy. They want us at each others throats so we will leave theirs alone.

Then while we are divided and fighting, they loot the government.

It's been 4 years now. What has your guy done to improve it? Name something. Come on you can do it... How has our spending become more responsible? In what way is it any easier for my small business to do business now than it was 4 years ago? How have my expenses reduced? How have my production or shipping costs improved? How have the customers that I attempt to attract had THEIR situation improved so they can buy more of what I offer? I've GOT to hear your answer. Because I really, REALLY want to know how another 4 years of this is going to make things better. Or are you going to say the SAME THING AGAIN 4 MORE YEARS FROM NOW? GROW UP!

Maybe learn to think critically for a second? I never said anything good about Obama, I didn't say I support him, I just pointed out that anything that happened immediately as Obama went into office could not possibly have been caused by him, and had to be the result of the previous presidency.

But don't feel too bad, the same mistake you made is often made by major news corps, such as Fox News, as well ( http://archive.mises.org/16107/bushs-huge-budget-numbers-blamed-on-obama/ )

Wow ... this degenerated fast into a political discussion ... whodah thunk :) ... As Ducman69 put it the demise of DD was mostly about shifts in technology rather than being strictly an economy question ... when they started, water cooling was a niche that only the most ardent overclocker would likely pursue ... they were pioneers at this time

However, times and technologies change. Now overclocking is much safer and easier to do. The technology of air cooling has advanced enormously and there are some very high performance and reasonably economic air cooling solutions (especially in comparison to water cooling solutions). Water cooling has now been embraced by both the box manufacturers and the other computer peripheral manufacturers so that there are dozens of different easy to install water kits and enclosed water loops.

If a company is a one trick pony they will be much more susceptible to these type shifts, whereas if they have multiple products or the ability to shift into new areas they can survive and prosper. It is always sad to see a company go under, especially if it was one you liked. But that is how business works most of the time. They supported the computer hobbyist for more than a decade. Now they are moving on to the next thing. I wish them luck and also look forward to see what their new area of interest is :cool:

Tbh I thought they went out of business awhile ago. They haven't had anything worth a damn in quite awhile, and it most certainly was not the economy it was lack of ingenuity and superior products, or even marketing for that matter.

I give them all the credit in the world because they actually stared the market damn near. They have my respect to be sure but let's not pussyfoot around the underlying issue.

I'd almost compare them to 3dfx in a way.

Ah good times, DD's fine products are the reason I finally made the plunge into water cooling and they are the reason I fried a couple boards. their products were top notch and I have been able to modify several of their copper nuggets to fit many diff boards and cpu's. I have a Epox 4bda2+ still running with a DD set up at least 8 yrs old. they will be missed.

Yeah this thread went into the complete shitter because of the irresponsible first post by Steve. Probably the worst blunder I've seen on [H].

They talk about keeping soapbox shit in the soapbox forum, but don't practice what they preach. It's obvious now that [H] is a paid shill for the (R) party. Just like foxnews... completely full of shit.

Danger Den made great stuff but it was just too expensive for the majority of people.

Chunks of copper big enough to mill a vid card block out of isn't exactly cheap, and the machine to mill them with are pretty expensive also.
They weren't gouging anybody @ $120+ for a vid card block, that's what it costs to make them with a little profit.

I have a bunch of Danger Den stuff from about 6-10 yrs ago.

The real answer is that politicians don't really do anything. The world goes to hell, the world becomes all wonderful, it's not really anything to do with them. They can do tiny things, like make a few hundred jobs or not, or make some small policy that makes their buddies a few more millions, but at the end of the day it probably wont have much effect on the direction of anything. The only time it might is when Armies get involved. pretty much politicians are glorified scapegoats for other peoples problems. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back