Dance Dance Revolution = teh best

<.<
>.>

I have DDR for PS2 at home.
Fyr's sells the big metal pads with handle bars. I have been tempted on more than one occasion to buy one.

I was watching something where they had a girl who lost 100 pounds just playing DDR. (Was it that crap show with that loser Seanbaby? Shudder) It's just like any other aerobic activity.

I've seen the full metal pads complete with a metal rest bar for sale at Fry's for $60 bucks each. If you're really, really into it I'd get those. Doesn't slip and takes a pounding.

Is DDR teh ghey? All I know is that it's a blast at a party and it can attract a crowd at the arcade when someone really good is playing it.

Best quote I ever got off of these forums from 6 months ago:

"Nope, I don't play Dance Dance Revolution, but then again I don't go gay bar hopping either...." - Talon Blackrazor

funny thing is, you laugh and mock, but until you actually tried it then you got nothing. It is fun at parties and stuff, beats the crap outa "Twister" hahaha.
But really, it is an amazing workout, 15 minuites and you'll be sore. I've been thinking about picking up a PS2 just for this game (and other but still..) I might try the PC version though.

Originally posted by Torgo
I was watching something where they had a girl who lost 100 pounds just playing DDR. (Was it that crap show with that loser Seanbaby? Shudder) It's just like any other aerobic activity.

I've seen the full metal pads complete with a metal rest bar for sale at Fry's for $60 bucks each. If you're really, really into it I'd get those. Doesn't slip and takes a pounding.

Is DDR teh ghey? All I know is that it's a blast at a party and it can attract a crowd at the arcade when someone really good is playing it.

dude can u put up a link, $60 for a metal pad has me very tempted!

Originally posted by Johnny Digital
I Like DDR. I have the PC version, a PS to USB Controller converter & a dancemat. My stepkids have a blast with it!!! :D

It's even got downloadable characters!!!!

Try The DDR PC Demo
its on pc??? eh, i still want gt3 and gt4... and besides, playing ddr on a 15" monitor wouldn't be easy.

Originally posted by zerogt86
dude can u put up a link, $60 for a metal pad has me very tempted!
I'm not seeing one on Outpost.com for the metal one. It was located in the special DDR section (!) in the video game department. I'll double check the price next time I'm there just to be sure my eyes weren't fooling me.

I saw that show where that bitch said she lost 80 pounds or whatever from this game. It was that show on MTV with Seanbaby and the rest of those EGM fags.

i've been playing off and on for the better part of 2 years, and i refuse to touch the ps1/ps2 versions. it's just not the same. soft pads will NEVER be able to handle the abuse of the higher level songs, and the sound system/screen aren't usually as good as the arcade, either.

in my years of playing, i've lost at most like 15lbs from it, and i was playing for 3 hours at a time in the arcade. gained a lot of friends from the arcades, too. had some assholes try to heckle me, but usually if they see me AA maxx unlimited on heavy they shut up.

i've AAA'ed 6 songs on heavy (magic door, freckles, 1998, frozen ray, rhythm & police, and DDR), and can AA every other song on heavy except PSM and PSMO. i've cleared every arcade oni course except kidou 1 (10 seconds away from clear) and legend road.

Back