DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

Currently not at home, so I can't look up details, but I have 32GB (2×16) of micron b die on VLP Stick and they run with 3200mhz cl16 19 19 ?? ?? @1.35v on a 2700x.
They don't really seem to scale too well with voltage.
I got mine for 200€ total from ebay from a company that was apparently selling left overs from a project.

Reactions: Shaav
like this
Memory for embedded and industrial systems is going to be slower with insanely high latencies. Like CAS22 or higher. It'd be a disaster for ryzen systems, and not too great on Intel either. Hopefully it could be overclocked to reduce latency.

Idk about these from innodisk in particular but in the past when I looked in to industrial vlp memory they had very high minimum order quantities too. So it tends to be expensive unless you order 100+ sticks.
The Innodisk ones seem to be available for 226 USD each for the 16GB sticks at 2666MHz, if you google the part number: M4U0-AGS1WCIK
They seem to be CL19 at 2666 MHz. CL17 @ 2400 and CL15 @ 2133. According to https://www.simms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/DDR4-VLP-UDIMM.pdf

There's a Micron 3200MHz one available as well, part number is MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 for the 16GB ones. Very pricey as far as I can see though (over 300 USD).

Last edited:
On Ryzen, in gaming, you will gain more performance from high frequency ram than over clocking your CPU. A 1700 with 3200 ram matches a 1800x with 2330 ram.

The Innodisk ones seem to be available for 226 USD each for the 16GB sticks at 2666MHz, if you google the part number: M4U0-AGS1WCIK
They seem to be CL19 at 2666 MHz. CL17 @ 2400 and CL15 @ 2133. According to https://www.simms.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/DDR4-VLP-UDIMM.pdf

There's a Micron 3200MHz one available as well, part number is MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 for the 16GB ones. Very pricey as far as I can see though (over 300 USD).
Any link as to where those 3200 sticks are available, only ddr3 pops up for me.

Wow, 74 fins and 6 heatpipes and bonus black (ceramic?) coating.
I am looking asymmetric design of Nexus Low 7000 R2 and the new Alpenfohn Black Ridge and curious why is reversed, but maybe there is a reason for that

It might be in order to fit motherboards with those I/O shields, that are in high fashion these days. But, I'm just guessing here! You'll need low profile RAM type Corsair Vengeance LPX for this cooler anyways.

Thanks, that's not exactly your regular electronics store. After a bit more searching, I've found a whole 1 other similar store (mouser) that sells it by the hundred still at €270,- a piece. I guess I'll settle for a 92mm fan...

Yeah, it's certainly not a consumer oriented part. Perhaps it's also a relatively recent release, and just hasn't made its way to (business-oriented) suppliers yet? The 2666MHz ones seem to be a bit easier to find, although still too expensive to be a reasonable option. There's actually one stick listed on eBay right now for a decent price in my country - but just the one. I'm not sure if I should jump on it hoping that another one might pop up in the future...

Yeah, it's certainly not a consumer oriented part. Perhaps it's also a relatively recent release, and just hasn't made its way to (business-oriented) suppliers yet? The 2666MHz ones seem to be a bit easier to find, although still too expensive to be a reasonable option. There's actually one stick listed on eBay right now for a decent price in my country - but just the one. I'm not sure if I should jump on it hoping that another one might pop up in the future...

Always buy the full amout of ram you want, mixing ram even of the same specs from different batches is a recipe for trouble.

Is this cooler coming out in 2018?

The teaser video was published on August 21st and says "coming soon". So probably either very late this year or early next year. Perhaps they plan to show it off at CES 2019 in January to generate some hype and then launch? Just a guess. Seems plausible.

EKL Alpenföhn isn't present at the CES, at least i think so because I never heared of them beeing there

What's the most economical way to import this cooler to the US?

I was wondering too. IIRC when I've tried to order from Caseking and other European e-tailers there's no way to put in a US address for shipping or billing.

I would offer to send u guys some coolers but I think the shipping + tax will be too expensive

I was wondering too. IIRC when I've tried to order from Caseking and other European e-tailers there's no way to put in a US address for shipping or billing.
I just pre-ordered from OCUK. Shipping is aboout GBP 19.62 (~USD25) for me.

Last edited:
I'm going to wait till some reviews come in before purchasing this, but I'm really excited. Hopefully it outperforms my Lp53 by a tangable amount.

I wonder when Dondan's NDA lifts. It would be good to hear some of his thoughts.

Hmm I wonder:

Noctua L12S (70mm)

vs.

Black Ridge heatsink with a Noctua A12x25 120mm cooler on top (72mm) or heck throw the 3000rpm industrial fan on there.

Curious how a larger heatsink with a weaker fan (L12S) would fare against a weaker heatsink with a great fan (Black Ridge @72mm)

Hmm I wonder:

Noctua L12S (70mm)

vs.

Black Ridge heatsink with a Noctua A12x25 120mm cooler on top (72mm) or heck throw the 3000rpm industrial fan on there.

Curious how a larger heatsink with a weaker fan (L12S) would fare against a weaker heatsink with a great fan (Black Ridge @72mm)

I think greater heatsink almost always wins... There's only so much more airflow can do with a small cooler.

I hope this becomes available on SFFLab as well...

Also, I'm guessing this still wouldn't be enough to cool a 9900K in the A4...

Currently I just have a i7-4790k with an LP53 and noctua fan in my Ząber Sentry case. It's decent and runs 4.4ghz all cores at like 75C but it'd be nice to actually OC a bit. I pre-ordered so we'll see how it goes.

I`m curious to see motherboard support list, because with those 140mm lenght maybe it will block PCI-E slot of some motherboards with "heatpipes alondside memory slots" orientation

Last edited:
Yeah I'm wondering if it'll block one of my SSD's in my Ząber Sentry. The chipset is between the pcie slot and cpu so that helps but this is a big cooler.

Is overclocker UK will be the only distibutor?Planning to buy this and ship to australia. As well, there is Overclocking mode with 120mm fan in their website. Is this confirmed to be able to configured inside dan case?

I hope this becomes available on SFFLab as well...

Also, I'm guessing this still wouldn't be enough to cool a 9900K in the A4...
don't even try.. Unless you are running something like a gtx 1070.. Even then I don't think it will work.
The biggest problem with the A4 isn't the cpu, but the heat from the gpu. I've switched between a 1080ti to a 1070 and 2080ti. The 2080ti heats up the case like crazy and the CPU gets 10-15c hotter even with the case sides off.
I got an idea on how to minimize the heat from the gpu to the cpu which I hope to do in the coming months, but it will most likely be done on the ghost s1 and then my A4 cases after.

Back