DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

I can live with the current cooling solution in my A4-SFX, but a better cooler is always better. Any news?

Haha I see. So I'm guessing the ETA is also covered by the NDA. Alright, so I'm going to try to forget this project exists until we get further news then :D

45A002CF-63B6-423B-8075-6B634B9E4CA6.jpeg
I like it already

I will be buying this for sure. I wonder if it will dethrone my LP53... Can't wait to test it out in my Ząber Sentry. Always looking to get more performance out of a tiny pc

I'm super hyped. Hopefully we'll get some benchmarks in the near future. I want to see how it compares to the Lp53 as well.

Bottom fan mounting looks changed. Guess it doesn't officially support 100mm/120mm fan at the bottom?

95W?

I hope they're just being conservative with that TDP since the prototypes could handle a stock 5820K(140W).

And this is the reason why we specified it not that high. For the 5820k DIE and heatspreader are soldered but modern CPUs uses TIM. Furthermore the 5820k has a bigger DIE so the heat will be distribute over a bigger surface. Also modern CPU are not limited by the TDP they are limited by the motherboard. On one board a i7 8700 can run with a TDP of 120W and on the other with 150W. And this is without oc.

Conclusion: It is harder to cool a 8700 (default 95W) than a 5820k (140W)

So it is very hard to find a TDP that matches all CPU generation from all vendors.

Last edited:
Wow, 74 fins and 6 heatpipes and bonus black (ceramic?) coating.
I am looking asymmetric design of Nexus Low 7000 R2 and the new Alpenfohn Black Ridge and curious why is reversed, but maybe there is a reason for that

And this is the reason why we specified it not that high. For the 5820k DIE and heatspreader are soldered but modern CPUs uses TIM. Furthermore the 5820k has a bigger DIE so the heat will be distribute over a bigger surface. Also modern CPU are not limited by the TDP they are limited by the motherboard. On one board a i7 8700 can run with a TDP of 120W and on the other with 150W.

Conclusion: It is harder to cool a 8700 (default 95W) than a 5820k (140W)

So it is very hard to find a TDP that matches all CPU generation from all vendors.

Ok great, I thought that might be why, that's the same reason Noctua doesn't list them and has that big guidelines list.

So it should still be around the same as those prototypes then?

Neat. Can't wait till I get my hands on this one.

Is there a top-down drawing/render over the motherboard showing how much does it cover?

Can anyone comment on the performance of the cooler with the fan in push vs pull configuration? I'd prefer it to pull air in to the case to cool VRMs and such, as well as maintain positive pressure. Was this assessed in one of the prototypes?

The result of former tests was: „There is a point where surface rules against heatpipe count.“ 4 - 5 heatpipes were best. Why there are now 6 heatpipes?

Last edited:
Hm, I wonder if it will perform better than the LP53 or C7 Cu. With the 92mm fan, a lot of the heatsink isn't covered. And 6 heatpipes seems like too much, you may be conducting a lot of heat, but you don't have the fin surface area to dissipate it, so you may be better off trading a heatpipe or 2 for more fin area.

The 120mm fan option is cool, but VLP memory is asking too much IMO. Is there an easy way to mount a 120mm fan, does the cooler come with an included bracket for that?

So I'd be very curious to see how the cooler performs with the 92mm fan vs. LP53 and C7 Cu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uwe2
like this
The area where the heat effective transfers from the heatpipes to the fins is a very small area around the heatpipes.. So the design looks good !

Looks absolutely killer, that’s for sure. If fan noise and cooling performance are comparable to the noctua low profile solution then it’s a must buy.

Back