DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

Did you check (e.g. with HWMonitor) how much power your CPU actually uses? With the 65W limit you claim to have set in the BIOS, it should never get that hot. I'm a using 95W limit with the same CPU (also no delid, standard thermal paste, standard Noctua cooler) and my temps are lower than yours. Also noise is no issue.
See https://hardforum.com/threads/dan-a...in-the-world.1799326/page-314#post-1043280656 for details.

I did check with HW monitor.

Looks like I lost the Silicon Lottery.

Try running the CPU-Z stress test for 15 minutes and see where your temps are, and what speed your cores are running at.

Anyone's thoughts on this "hold-me-over" until this heat sink drops?

Heat sink: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/geminii-m5-led/

+

Fan: http://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a12x15-pwm
It can fit if you cut in to the fins directly on top of the base plate. That sounds like a lot of work when a c7 or an l9i/a can server the same purpose if you're just going to upgrade it later.

Those heatpipes tho :) its like a BIG Shuriken 2 except you might (a big might) be able to put a fan underneath if you mod it. Lets make a new thread bc its certainly an interesting cooler but of course this is the wrong thread.

dondan Do you have any updates on the tests? Like how does it compare to the LP53? and is it good enough that you will sell it?
It's just that I'm looking to buy pc parts for the A4 v2 already before christmas and I need to know if I should get the VLP RAM or get regular ones with higher speed and whether to get the 92mm or 120mm fan. I would just buy some cheap cooler and try to mount the 120 fan until the HSLP-48 is out.

dondan Do you have any updates on the tests? Like how does it compare to the LP53? and is it good enough that you will sell it?
It's just that I'm looking to buy pc parts for the A4 v2 already before christmas and I need to know if I should get the VLP RAM or get regular ones with higher speed and whether to get the 92mm or 120mm fan. I would just buy some cheap cooler and try to mount the 120 fan until the HSLP-48 is out.
If I recall, dondan ran different tests. The first one was when he installed the asetek 945lc under the psu and itanaged better temps than the lp 53. When he got the first batch of hslp 48s he found that the cooljag versions cooled the cpu slightly better than the 945lc. So if that is the case then the hslp 48 will absolutely be better than the lp 53.

If I recall, dondan ran different tests. The first one was when he installed the asetek 945lc under the psu and itanaged better temps than the lp 53. When he got the first batch of hslp 48s he found that the cooljag versions cooled the cpu slightly better than the 945lc. So if that is the case then the hslp 48 will absolutely be better than the lp 53.
These are all open bench results, I am a bit worried about how it will behave in case... Fingers crossed o_O

I did check with HW monitor.

Looks like I lost the Silicon Lottery.

Try running the CPU-Z stress test for 15 minutes and see where your temps are, and what speed your cores are running at.

Just for completeness: CPU temp is 90 °C, package power 90W, and all cores are running constantly at 4.3 GHz.

dondan, do I understand correctly that you have all the prototypes you need? So it is basically up to how you negotiate with the manufacturers?

What do you mean?
sxiw8Yt.jpg

if you remove the left clip for the side panel and do 4 drills more, you can put the radiador without lose the front usb

if you remove the left clip for the side panel and do 4 drills more, you can put the radiador without lose the front usb

Looks great but I'm receiving a V2 so I'm not sure what the differences will be. I'll have to check it out once I get it. Also glad to know you can fit that 1080 Ti in it because I just ordered one lol. What is that thing below the video card and next to the power plug?

Looks great but I'm receiving a V2 so I'm not sure what the differences will be. I'll have to check it out once I get it. Also glad to know you can fit that 1080 Ti in it because I just ordered one lol. What is that thing below the video card and next to the power plug?
Seems like a fan controller.

aquaero 5 lt. Fan controller

Interesting. Why would you need a full feature fan controller in a case with one fan? Just curious.
I already had it.
I sell my dan a4 and come back to my ncase m1, and im using it again with my RL custom.
Its a nice controller even in the dan a4 with the temperatures sensors.

I already had it.
I sell my dan a4 and come back to my ncase m1, and im using it again with my RL custom.
Its a nice controller even in the dan a4 with the temperatures sensors.

Cool! Thanks for answering. Any reason you chose to go back to the m1?

Cool! Thanks for answering. Any reason you chose to go back to the m1?
in the dan a4 sfx i have poor perfomance due to high temperatures in ssd, cpu and motherboard
I can move the ncase m1 with my homemade wood case and I can overclock it aswell with my RL custom

sxiw8Yt.jpg

Did you customize/replace the two stock Hose (tubes) for the 545lc AIO? If so.. How much coolant did you use? I guess it would have to be very specific? Also, any special brand?

in the dan a4 sfx i have poor perfomance due to high temperatures in ssd, cpu and motherboard
I can move the ncase m1 with my homemade wood case and I can overclock it aswell with my RL custom

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm hoping I don't share the same experience because I chose the A4 over the M1. Good luck!

Can we get back on topic, please? This conversation would be better suited to the DAN A4-SFX thread.

Sure it is, but the post was here so that's where the conversation ended up. Back to waiting for updates on the cooler.

Can we get back on topic, please? This conversation would be better suited to the DAN A4-SFX thread.
On topic! Let's talk about...what hasn't been talked about? Dondan hasn't dropped any valuable info since when? All we are doing is waiting for the unicorn to appear.

Reactions: Uwe2
like this

Interestinf, what ssd cpu or mobo did you use and what temp did you get?? Did you delid your cpu??

Back