DAN C4-SFX: The smallest water cooling case in the world

1. Cover B seems to be a really good solution to the different use cases. I think this case is mostly made for AIO CPU cooling, so why need such high CPU cooler depth? It's an expensive case so I think people will have large graphics cards with a great cooler on it for silence, so 2½ should at least be supported.

2. I really like the font on the DAN logo and I think it should stay. It breaks the blandness of a completely clean front, which just ends up looking a little boring.

3. In the rendered pics, the panels are dark grey compared to the black interior. The colour contrast looks amazing. Would you make the panels dark grey?

4. You say you can turn the case upside down. But in the bottom of the front, the metal piece bends into the case to hold the side panels. That leaves a hole between the feet and the front panel. Will this be covered?

5. I would love to have the power button on the lower left side and the USB's on the top left side. Would it be possible to turn the entire front around while still having the AIO in the bottom? Like unscrew the entire front and turn it around?

This case looks amazing. I can't wait for the Kickstarter. Keep up the good work :)

1. For the front. Well, i reviewed renders and part of me agrees with Notional that without logo it would be boring somehow.

2. In survey i voted for the clean backside because i thought that it will not have any impact on cooling performance and seems that i was right.

3. For the GPU cover, i like Cover B.

4. And for the PCIe riser, i like your second idea about 2 ports 1 riser =)
If consumer will receive 2 risers he might end up loosing 1 that was not installed.
Spare parts gets lost over time.

Looking forward for the Kickstarter.

Last edited:
1) I was among those who prefer to have a clear front without Logo, but if you manage to make it less noticeable or reduce its size, I'll be totally fine with it. My suggestion is to make the logo the same color as the case but with a different finish (the Silver Ncase M1 is a great example).

2) As for the back side, I honestly prefer it with venting holes, the case looks just right with them. I know that it won't make a huge difference, but still I rather have them than not.

3) Definitely opt for cover B. As the A version may partially block the exhaust flow in some cards.

4) For the PCI riser, as long as performance isn't affected, you should go for the most cost effective solution.

---

In the next survey, I think you should ask how people intend to use the case: either with bottom radiator or with the radiator at the top (flipping the case 180°) - That could bring interesting results.

1. Dan logo should stay
2. clean backside is cool as well
3. cover a
4. 2 slot is fine with me no need for double slot riser nonsense, this supposed to be cheaper bcs of the cheaper riser pls don't take it away

In the next survey, I think you should ask how people intend to use the case: either with bottom radiator or with the radiator at the top (flipping the case 180°) - That could bring interesting results.

The result will be, that the most people will mount it on top, because they think that the "hot air will rise" principle will affect cooling performance if they mount it in the way I show on the renderings. There is no case like this on the market so they have no experience with this layout. With my tests I hope I can show that there will be no difference between radiator on bottom or on top. It was the same with the A4-SFX people will only trust and change there mind after they see benchmarks on the real prototype or a independet review. This is the reason why I will not put this question in a survey :)

The result will be, that the most people will mount it on top, because they think that the "hot air will rise" principle will affect cooling performance if they mount it in the way I show on the renderings. There is no case like this on the market so they have no experience with this layout. With my tests I hope I can show that there will be no difference between radiator on bottom or on top. It was the same with the A4-SFX people will only trust and change there mind after they see benchmarks on the real prototype or a independet review. This is the reason why I will not put this question in a survey :)
Oh that's definitely not an issue, this case is so flexible that you can even flip it 180° so people will be ok in a way or another. Personally my main concern of having a top air intake is... dust.
Sorry if I sound annoying lol, but this is my dream case :angelic:
Looking forward to the test results though!

I love the riser card and bracket idea to support bothe 2 and 2.5 gpus.

I voted for the vented rear but if that has no added benefit then the cut out for the water hoses should be added. This with a rubber cover will give the case a lot more versatility.

Speaking of veraatility. The A4 lacked versatility in pursuit for the absolute minimum space while supporting higher end products. This case should be the opposite. Give us as much freedom and versatility as you can. Make it a modders sfx heaven.

You know what everyone asked for in the A4 that couldn't be met. Try incorporating some of those ideas to the C4.

I love how this case is turning out.

Is there an need for the cover plate? Just leave the gap as added ventilation.... No point in adding cost to the case...

Dondan,

Great innovation with the 2.5 slot gpu fitment but do use a single riser cable if possible to keep things simple and reduce cost.

If the rear vents serve no purpose why not have the watercooling cutouts then which actually have a use? I actually think it makes the rear of the case look better but even if it didnt, who looks at the rear anyway? My V1 A4 case with the big hole above the GPU pcie slot doesnt bother me in the least bit because i never see it :)

I also am hugely in favour of the cover B design. No crossbar to get in the way of things

Dondan,

Great innovation with the 2.5 slot gpu fitment but do use a single riser cable if possible to keep things simple and reduce cost.

If the rear vents serve no purpose why not have the watercooling cutouts then which actually have a use? I actually think it makes the rear of the case look better but even if it didnt, who looks at the rear anyway? My V1 A4 case with the big hole above the GPU pcie slot doesnt bother me in the least bit because i never see it :)

I also am hugely in favour of the cover B design. No crossbar to get in the way of things

The design shows a single riser card with fitments for both 2 and 2.5 slot cards.

dondan what would you recommend to protect the radiator? Aluminum and copper fins are such soft metals and get dinged very easily. Would a fan grill be sufficient. A filter might be more protective (but counter productive...)

dondan Amazing render, can you do some horizontal position renderings also ? I have voted without the logo because If I have this case I would rather put it in a horizontal position and the logo will be vertical.

kingtron:

What do you mean with horizontal? The rendering above is horizontal. Or do you men vertical like this:

test.204xfu13.jpg

Someone in a German forum requested this picture:

test.20573uct.jpg

Last edited:
I meant like this:
DCAA209D-29A9-4FF9-B1E4-060923331361.jpeg
without the upper side panel from different angles, showing the rubber feets on the lower side panel.
If I get the chance to have it, then this is how I plan to place it, inside a TV stand table as a console replacement HTPC:
34E82DD2-83F6-4F9D-B4C8-B266161CBD50.jpeg

Last edited:
kingtron:

What do you mean with horizontal? The rendering above is horizontal. Or do you men vertical like this:

test.204xfu13.jpg

OMG This is amazing!!!

But where would all the cables go? It would need an extra buffer zone to hide the cables. But this looks incredible. Like the Gigabyte Bryx UHD's big brother.

dondan any chance we get an HDMI port on the front I/O? I mean, it's no big deal, but that would be a cool addition. :)
I know it's going to take a while but I can't wait to have this beauty on my desk!

I am thinking of a version with tempered glass window kit. Yes you are looking right, there are no venting holes on the side panel. I think the fans in the bottom create enough airflow through the complete case so the GPU will get enough air.

test.20881jsf.jpg

I am thinking of a version with tempered glass window kit. Yes you are looking right, there are no venting holes on the side panel. I think the fans in the bottom create enough airflow through the complete case so the GPU will get enough air.

I'm so interested in how testing compares between top and bottom radiator solutions...:)(y)

You should make a survey where we can grade how much we would approve of each feature.

So for example we could rate the clean front with 1-5 points and the branded front with 1-5 points.

Then you can basically total up the points and you should see which version would have a higher acceptance rate (instead of which one people prefer). This is a much more important number for you since you want the maximum possible consumer base.

Noooo, man already made up his mind on no brand front with good reasoning. Leave it be. It does matter a lot on people like me who wants it clean.

Dan is there any way we could get hexagonal vent holes? Besides the "improved" airflow I would just think it would look amazing.

Last edited:
What do you think about this possible change to the design. Front I/O will be on the topside. You will be still able to rotate the case.

test1wuykg.jpg

test24qltk.jpg

In my opinion this design looks more noble. What do you think?

What do you think about this possible change to the design. Front I/O will be on the topside. You will be still able to rotate the case.

I personally like the off-colour indent, it gives the case a distinctive look. On the other hand, it doesn't really combines with the tempered glass sidepanel.

p.s. Compatibility with the new EK-AIO would be nice, but you can't have it all.

To be honest, I prefer the previous layout with the I/O on the left/right sides.
Having the Front I/O on the top may make the design "noble" but personally I also find it sort of "boring" and less unique.
I think you nailed the design right from the start! I really hope you won't change it too much :)

EDIT: dondan I made a super quick alternative version, thoughts? Anyhow, I still prefer your initial design, but was thinking that a similarly shaped cut out on the top could look decent in case you end up moving the Front I/O on top.

c4-modzol6x.png

EDIT 2: This is what I was talking about. (I still prefer your first design with I/O on the side)
c4-top-mod0zl7p.png

Last edited:
i/o on the top is gucci plus keep the damn Dan logo in the front, without branding it will look like xiaomi approach to the desktop market

test1wuykg.jpg

test24qltk.jpg

if I will be able to use the case horizontally (GPU fan facing up) then it does not matter if it is on topside (it will be on the left side if the case position is horizontal)

Please keep the DAN on the front
Looks classy

I don't know if it was mentioned anywhere between here and SFF.net, but do you have a estimated launch date?

I say keep the IO at the side and please, no logo on the case as per your original plan. Maybe if you want you could include a metal backed sticker so people have the option of having it on the case if they want to

Back