DAN C4-SFX: The smallest water cooling case in the world

I'm torn on this one. I really like the look of design A with the tempered glass side panel, but B if using the vented side panel.

kingtron: i will do do some renderings for you on Sunday. I think of adding 4 glueable feets so it is useable in the orientation.
dondan is this option still possible ? (90 Degree orientation)

90.jpeg

Survey three reloaded!

Hi there,

this is the third survey for the C4-SFX again. I restarted the old one, because I included a new option and a new voting mechanism. In this survey you will be able to give every design a score. 3 points will be the highest score while 1 is the lowest. The advantage of this mechanism is, that I will also respect your opinion about the other options.

Link to survey:
Google Forms Survey

Thank you for your help!

Why not just to perforate the ports on the actual side panel without that black stripe that's struggling all the time >> less is more

Today I had an idea how to integrate the I/O at the front. It is just an idea what do you think?

test2.22587oag.jpg

It's quite clean looking, but I really really love the side IO instead since it adds a nice accent to the design and makes it look super clean.

Edit: The IO in the front like that remind me of how HP's old glossy desktops had a similar set up and it just gives a bad taste in my mouth.

Attachments

• 771d924ac413278bb84fd311d8080d2c.jpg
    771d924ac413278bb84fd311d8080d2c.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 89
Yeah, I’m really liking that front IO too

Edit: I take it back, side IO has better lasting appeal

Last edited:
It's quite clean looking, but I really really love the side IO instead since it adds a nice accent to the design and makes it look super clean.

Awesome with front io, prob the Best looking one by far

Yeah, I’m really liking that front IO too

I still prefer side IO.

It looks like another straw poll is needed...

I/O panel on a side makes your case look different. With front I/O your C4 will look like many other cases, but on the other hand this spot is one of the two best in terms of ergonomics (other one is at the top, like in your previous designs). Like I said, you will probably need another straw poll.

Front IO looks very messy.

I still prefer the original version with the grey stripe between the front and the sides. It makes the case unique instead of generic and hides IO well enough to make it more minimalistic.

Agree with side I/O, being the novel approach that give a unique look. But nice you keep coming up with ideas ;)

Hey guys, I've sent a new design option to dondan ... I'm waiting for his response before posting it over here :angelic:

Last edited:
Alright, I didn't get any response, so here is what I've sent to dondan

c4-sffxv3modsgogs0u.png

• Sleek minimal design
  • Components facing the "correct" side of the case
  • Tempered glass on both sides (or acrylic smoked panel)
  • Easy to access I/O
  • Black USB 3.0 port
  • Extra
Please note that I don't know if this layout is even possible, I'm sure that he will probably have to rethink part of the internal layout

:angelic:

c4-sffxv3modsgogs0u.png

• Sleek minimal design
  • Easy to access I/O
  • Black USB 3.0 port
  • Extra
Please note that I don't know if this layout is even possible, I'm sure that he will probably have to rethink part of the internal layout

I like it.

First batch with tempered glass would be awesome!

Last edited:

c4-sffxv3modsgogs0u.png

• Sleek minimal design
  • Easy to access I/O
  • Black USB 3.0 port
  • Extra

Problem is that the front panel would have to be milled out of a solid piece of alu. That is going to be extremely expensive in both materials and manufacturing. Would be way too expensive.

That being said, I prefer having the IO on the left too, but with the power button towards the bottom, like the original design,but regardless of the rest of the case layout. (So being able to have the radiator at the bottom for instance.

Problem is that the front panel would have to be milled out of a solid piece of alu. That is going to be extremely expensive in both materials and manufacturing. Would be way too expensive.
I think you have a point. Maybe something like this one below may be a viable solution? Basically, it's just like Dan's earlier design but without the "dark stripe"

c4-sffxv3.5modsgq8sm8.png

c4-sffxv3modsgogs0u.png

• Sleek minimal design
  • Easy to access I/O
  • Black USB 3.0 port
  • Extra

You can't just mirror the GPU like that, you know...

You can't just mirror the GPU like that, you know...
Ha! Of course, I know... I can't do much without 3D model :)
To be completely fair, it's not just the GPU, also the PSU, and motherboard need to be rotated.

Ha! Of course, I know... I can't do much without 3D model :)
To be completely fair, it's not just the GPU, also the PSU, and motherboard need to be rotated.
Right, but Dondan presumably has his reasons for orienting them the way he did, such that the GPU is upside-down. The AIO tubes, for example, would be more crowded in the flipped orientation.

Right, but Dondan presumably has his reasons for orienting them the way he did, such that the GPU is upside-down. The AIO tubes, for example, would be more crowded in the flipped orientation.
Well yeah, pretty sure he has his reasons. I just wanted to give some ideas design-wise. It's ok if my suggestions don't make any sense. At the end of the day, you guys are the real experts!

Necere is right, it will only work like i draw it. Default orientation with i/o on the right side radiator on bottom and GPU upside-down and if you rotate it i/o on the left side, radiator on top and GPU in default location. In any other way the riser will block FAN intake, water tubes can't be routed or dual 120mm radiator will not work.

I think AIMidax just want to show a new idea for the front panel. But Notonal is right, for this design it must be milled out of a single block and this is expansive. Furthermore I like AIMidax last design more ( i/o inside inside a cutout). It also looks like this design will win the survey.

Necere is right, it will only work like i draw it. Default orientation with i/o on the right side radiator on bottom and GPU upside-down and if you rotate it i/o on the left side, radiator on top and GPU in default location. In any other way the riser will block FAN intake, water tubes can't be routed or dual 120mm radiator will not work.

I think AIMidax just want to show a new idea for the front panel. But Notonal is right, for this design it must be milled out of a single block and this is expansive. Furthermore I like AIMidax last design more ( i/o inside inside a cutout). It also looks like this design will win the survey.
Yes, my intention was to show you a new idea for the front AND to have tempered glass as a viable option. Some people were a bit worried about the price since the curves of the cutout may add cost to the tempered glass manufacturing.

By the way the very last picture I posted should have solved the problem and be less expensive to manufacture. View picture

Last edited:
I love the design without the dark stripe - It's more coherent as a monolithic mass.

The interruption from the black strip and change in levels didn't gel with me.

Here is the result of the third poll:

survey3_result_darkkyuwa.jpg

In total, design A got 475 points, design B 653 points and design C 523 points. Only 15% of the survey participant gives the Design B 1 point. Design B is the average winner.

AIMiDaX a Hardforum Member, has another idea for a design that looks also very nice, but it could be difficult to manufacture it while keep the rotating feature. So currently I think about how I can make it fabricable.

A word about window kit: My plan is to offer two versions of the case. One version with a window kit and the second without. In reverse conclusion this means that every design I had shown in the last weeks will be window kit ready. So please don't make your decision based on renderings that shows a window kit, because it is not limited to one design.

Here are some pictures of the winner design:

1_1200jpgmnskd.jpg

2_1200m4sjr.jpg

Will be the window kit version available at the kickstarter campaign?

I would love to use the EK Gaming A240G can you make it possible?
https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Here is the result of the third poll:

survey3_result_darkkyuwa.jpg

In total, design A got 475 points, design B 653 points and design C 523 points. Only 15% of the survey participant gives the Design B 1 point. Design B is the average winner.

AIMiDaX a Hardforum Member, has another idea for a design that looks also very nice, but it could be difficult to manufacture it while keep the rotating feature. So currently I think about how I can make it fabricable.

A word about window kit: My plan is to offer two versions of the case. One version with a window kit and the second without. In reverse conclusion this means that every design I had shown in the last weeks will be window kit ready. So please don't make your decision based on renderings that shows a window kit, because it is not limited to one design.

Here are some pictures of the winner design:

1_1200jpgmnskd.jpg

2_1200m4sjr.jpg

dondan can you integrate (or Check) a possibility to use internal wifi & bt antennas in your new design?

Background: I ´m using an iMac now. There is all included - wifi antennas incl. You Don ´t Need These ugly (and big) external antennas from your mainboard. I ´m switching now to your Dan a4 sfx v2, May be later also to the dan c4.

If it ´s no Problem to use internal wifi antennas in a aluminium case like the iMac is, it would be also no Problem to do it in your case. But I believe now, the antennas of iMac are Placed just behind a Piece of glas of the Display in the iMacs. But may be with a simple thinking about it to have good wifi Signal later - it would be One Step more to get a very great dan-case.

Last edited:
dondan can you integrate (or Check) a possibility to use internal wifi & bt antennas in your new design?

Background: I ´m using an iMac now. There is all included - wifi antennas incl. You Don ´t Need These ugly (and big) external antennas from your mainboard. I ´m switching now to your Dan a4 sfx v2, May be later also to the dan c4.

If it ´s no Problem to use internal wifi antennas in a aluminium case like the iMac is, it would be also no Problem to do it in your case. But I believe now, the antennas of iMac are Placed just behind a Piece of glas of the Display in the iMacs. But may be with a simple thinking about it to have good wifi Signal later - it would be One Step more to get a very great dan-case.

you can use one of these which should solve your problem

https://www.amazon.com/2-4Ghz-rubbe...513852534&sr=8-15&keywords=short+wifi+antenna

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
can you integrate (or Check) a possibility to use internal wifi & bt antennas in your new design?

Maybe you can use the internal wifi antennas from streacom:
http://www.streacom.com/products/infi2-internal-wifi-antenna/

Some motherboards have the M.2(NGFF) wireless cards like the Asrock fatal1ty so you need this kind of antenna:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E29566W/

Today I had an idea how to improve the body cover. For this idea it will be made out of four parts.

• top_cover
  • buttom_cover
  • side_left_panel
  • side_right_panel
Optional
  • window_panel

new_ideaf2j3h.jpg

How to remove the panels?

Remove the front that is clip in with Lian Li clips. Now you can slide out the panels. For this move the panel 10mm in direction of the front panel and than you can lift them up.

slide_in13kv2.jpg

I'm liking to have a top and bottom cover, but for the side panels, wouldn't be more convenient if you used LianLi clips like with the A4? The Fractal Design Define R6 is a great example.

define-r6y2s3z.gif

(source: Hardware Canucks YT)

Consider that I clearly don't know if it's possible to mount the glass on the metal frame like on the Define R6, also it could increase the overall thickness of the panel.

I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and good fortune, success and well-being in the New Year.
I just clicked "like this" on each of the Dan forums. However, I, and I am certain all other likers, mean to also wish a very merry Christmas and a happy new year, to you and your family.

... Just to clarify :)

sldr: I am sorry but the case will not come with a HDMI front port because it will generate extra costs and less than 1% of all pc customers use an VR setup. I have these numbers from an up-to-date survey that was offered from the biggest German hardware site some days ago.

Back