DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

@deglow: I am sorry but the pictures can't be bigger with google forms. If you plan to rate a movie for example on IMDB do you view all existing movies in the world before doing this? I understand your point, but rating will also work if you didn't see the other from the beginning ;)

Last edited:
I currently work on the water cooling manual/guide for the A4-SFXv3. It will be available as an PDF on dan-cases.com. It will include all three possebilities to installe an AIO inside the v3.

water0guck.jpg

All good builds, though underwhelming for a "hall of fame" honestly. Ugly cable management, external radiators (defeating the point of such a compact case), and what I consider basic bitch builds make up the majority of the list. Most had at least one single creative element (though some notably lacked even that) but one element does not a hall-of-famer make.

Reactions: Burr
like this
antok86: Noctua L9i with Noctua NF-B9 redux-1600 PWM. I think they will not perform better as the Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM but they looks better.

Alexreffand : I don't got that much pictures in a periode of 1 year. In total they are 5000 A4-SFX on the market and I got 50 build pictures. 60% of the pictures have a poor quality or are default configuration that we see 1000 times so I can't use them for the HOF site. From the other 40% I took the best. I can only show what I got and I think there are some really cool builds in this list. What is the problem with external water cooling I think the main rule for a HOF build is that it looks awesome and is well made.

@ALL: If you think the HOF preselection is bad or the builds aren't cool than you should ask yourself why you didn't send me a picture of your build that is better? These pictures are not made by me they are made by users of the community. If you think the list include pictures that aren't be woth to be a HOF picture give them a bad score. Only the TOP 5 will be displayed. I don't like what some people write because it isn't fair to that ones that took the time and send me great pictures.

Last edited:
Preorder is ready sind march on SFFLab. Shipping is mid of may. It will be also available on Caseking and OcUK in June.

Last edited:
I currently work on the water cooling manual/guide for the A4-SFXv3. It will be available as an PDF on dan-cases.com. It will include all three possebilities to installe an AIO inside the v3.

View attachment 70424

This is awesome dondan, the v3 is shaping up to be amazing.

I'm going to be doing this exact cooling setup in my v1, a long with a delid and wire shortening. Hcts did it in his v1 here: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Q6XPxr so thats my inspiration.

You sound really bitter? Did you send yours and got rejected?
Yep, pretty obvious at this point. I guess I was stupid waiting for this the first time since dondan didn't even bother giving us any feedback on his "contest" last year and even more stupid now the second time. Meh... I played myself.

Oh wow, a wood covered Dan a4...thanks for making us wait almost a year for your rubbish "contest". Wow. Seriously??? WOOD VINYL???? BIG let down.
Wow you are actually being a dick about it. Dan has nothing to do with how people mod their cases and how many entered the contest. In the next couple of years you'll see some awesome case mods, but Dan did what he could with what he received.

Wow you are actually being a dick about it. Dan has nothing to do with how people mod their cases and how many entered the contest. In the next couple of years you'll see some awesome case mods, but Dan did what he could with what he received.
Yeah, you believe that.

I'm glad dPunisher's build made it in. His greyscale build is what made me get the a4-sfx and go SFF.
Here's my a4-sfx, which is more powerful and quieter, sitting on top of my custom parvum matx watercooling case (also grey themed).

ttLmLEH.jpg

How tight is the space when you use the Asetek 545LC with the Noctua slim fan? Just wondering since I have a few 92x15mm fans.

Not sure if 1mm makes a difference.

antok86: Noctua L9i with Noctua NF-B9 redux-1600 PWM. I think they will not perform better as the Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM but they looks better.

Alexreffand : I don't got that much pictures in a periode of 1 year. In total they are 5000 A4-SFX on the market and I got 50 build pictures. 60% of the pictures have a poor quality or are default configuration that we see 1000 times so I can't use them for the HOF site. From the other 40% I took the best. I can only show what I got and I think there are some really cool builds in this list. What is the problem with external water cooling I think the main rule for a HOF build is that it looks awesome and is well made.

@ALL: If you think the HOF preselection is bad or the builds aren't cool than you should ask yourself why you didn't send me a picture of your build that is better? These pictures are not made by me they are made by users of the community. If you think the list include pictures that aren't be woth to be a HOF picture give them a bad score. Only the TOP 5 will be displayed. I don't like what some people write because it isn't fair to that ones that took the time and send me great pictures.

I think it just comes down to a difference of opinion. Like I said, they're all good builds, great even, but what I would consider hall of fame material is something creative and/or exceptionally elegant in design and execution that not only pushes the boundaries of what's expected of function and/or form, but does so in a way that accentuates the strengths of the product. If I look at a picture and think "This is beautiful, but I think it's an idea that would work better with a different case" then it's not playing to the strengths of the case they used, and I would argue doesn't belong in that case's hall of fame. But maybe that's just me.

I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. To clarify, I'm not attacking you or the contest, I'm not even attacking the selection. I know you had no agency over what you were given to work with, and I trust that what you've chosen is the best of what you've been sent. I wish everyone participating luck, I'm just expressing my disappointment that so few of the participants really did the case justice.

How tight is the space when you use the Asetek 545LC with the Noctua slim fan? Just wondering since I have a few 92x15mm fans.

Not sure if 1mm makes a difference.

The fan is already pressed against the PSU cables. It might be possible, but I would have a hard time suggesting it.

i just wish the a4sfx case was a little wider and longer, i could almost fit 2 92 rads and my psu in it too

I messaged SFF lab asking if the new window kit would be sold on their website. They replied saying they plan to reveal asap so people can add to their A4 orders coming in May. Is this still gonna happen or will we have to buy the window kit separately later on?

^^ That's the trouble with a non-randomized order; the first items in the list are more likely to receive a middling score, in the middle of the bell.
I liked to your case, amvoith – a very clean look.

dondan What is the precise measurement in mm of the length I've indicated with the red line and with A in the V2 case?
size.jpg

Ran Prime95 and just 2 minutes in temps rose to 95c with C7 cooler and window panel. It seems I need to delid my I5 8600.

Ran Prime95 and just 2 minutes in temps rose to 95c with C7 cooler and window panel. It seems I need to delid my I5 8600.

No way. More likely you’re just running it with all cores turbo instead of just the one/normal ratios. So many motherboards enable this “Multiecore enhancement” type feature by default causing temps to rise way above normal. Check for that first. Depending on what you’re doing you probably won’t even notice a performance difference. An i5 8600 should run really cool.

ztjio
I'll take a look into it but I remember I did turned MCE off. I'm thinking it's because of the window panel. Wasn't able to test the original panel since I left it at home and my pc is at my office.

Edit: will the EK m.2 heatsink be better than the Strix Z370i heatsink? Temps are pretty high for m.2. Drive 1 is 50-55c while Drive 2 is at low 70s when gaming.

Last edited:
Back