DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Why wait for a custom part to be made? (you’d have trouble find a manufacturer for such a niche anyway)

Just shave down the included cable as demonstrated upthread.

When does the V3 preorder end?

I noticed the V3 will have "Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek 92mm AIO". That's great news.

Where do you see that change?
Email I received this morning

What's new?
With v3 we try to reduce our production time and lower the retail price. Therefor the v3 comes with a brand new riser made by Lian Li. The newest revision of the A4-SFX design preserves the layout and configuration of the v2 design.

• Lian Li PCIe 16x Gen3 riser (black PCB and cabes)
  • Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek 92mm AIO
  • Improvements to the power button to optimise the pressure point

Reactions: D10S
like this
I noticed the V3 will have "Adjustments to the USB3.0 internal cable to be compatible with Asetek 92mm AIO". That's great news.

Dan seems to disagree...

Water Cooling
92mm AIO Water Cooling support

Compatible AIOs

• Asetek 545LC
Note: You have to remove the front USB port!
Only compatible with A4-SFX >= v2!

I hope the email is correct and website simply out-of-date.

Has anyone tried building with a SFX power supply not made by Corsair, ie Silverstone? I'm interested in cabling experience and noise performance.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried building with a SFX power supply not made by Corsair, ie Silverstone?

Yes, I've been using the Silverstone SFX Series SX600-G PSU along with the Silverstone Flat Flexible Short Cable set for about 2 years now. Powers an overclocked 3770k, 16GB Ram, Titan Xp, one SSD, and two HDDs with no problems at all. It's quiet as well. See my previous post for pictures.

Has anyone tried building with a SFX power supply not made by Corsair, ie Silverstone? I'm interested in cabling experience and noise performance.
I bought the SX-500G for my 8700k/1080TI FTW3 build. Works great on the bench and will report findings when the case arrives. Paired with the L9i, I have some clearance to the panel and may skip the IO shield and add another set of standoffs to get a little closer to the side panel, and run the cables underneath the mainboard.

well, afaik there are only 3 manufacturers if you want to go with a 600W PSU. Corsair (just ordered mine yesterday ^^), Silverstone and FSP. While the FSP never disables the fan, and therefore might be the loudest in idle, I read that the Silverstone may have some terrible coil whine, if you are unlucky, which is why I decided to go with the Corsair (and some tools to create my own shortened sleeved cables ^^)

dondan : can you share information about that new USB3 internal cable? And about the window kit revision of the A4-SFX that is currently in development, but not currently available is at this time?

case has USB 3. do you want type c? that's been talked about a lot. search USB 3 c in this thread only....

case has USB 3. do you want type c? that's been talked about a lot. search USB 3 c in this thread only....

No USB-C, some posts above here mention a new type of USB3 internal connector that is compatible with the Asetek 545LC.

Dondan can you tell me if everybody in the states got their case yet? I still haven't received anything (not even tracking), so I'm guessing you are still sitting on some cases that hasn't shipped yet?

dondan Would it be possible to share the DXF or DWG (or even PDF) of the acryl glass design? Not the aluminium part of the sidepanel, but only the plexiglas...

Dondan can you tell me if everybody in the states got their case yet? I still haven't received anything (not even tracking), so I'm guessing you are still sitting on some cases that hasn't shipped yet?
mine has landed in the usa as of 2am. you should have gotten a dhl tracking. that code can then be used on usps.com to track
hope that helps

Reactions: dglow
like this
mine has landed in the usa as of 2am. you should have gotten a dhl tracking. that code can then be used on usps.com to track
hope that helps
Thanks for the information. Could have gone in the email trash folder, but can't find it. Anyway I'll wait a week to see if it comes, and if nothing shows up I'll email Dondan.

Thanks for the information. Could have gone in the email trash folder, but can't find it. Anyway I'll wait a week to see if it comes, and if nothing shows up I'll email Dondan.
Mine cleared customs and is en-route to USPS. Email from Dan was 21 Jan, original DHL label notification was 22 Jan, and first showed in DHL tracking 31 Jan. 3 Feb was the "transferring to country" message and 8 Feb was "Cleared Customs". Hope that helps.

Added a mirror for optimal viewing pleasure!

D8B77723-DF96-4B32-96FD-9E7A1D24D69E.jpeg

Nice. Now I'm curious if a A12x15 would fit over the LP53 on the Asus boards (I already removed the heatsinks, of course)

A4-SFX v2 with Titan V
a Germany forum members (CeresPK) installed the most powerful GPU inside the A4-SFX.

_mg_2576oaqoy.jpg

_mg_2581b2ptn.jpg

_mg_2583knqiy.jpg
Do you know how he's mounted the fan? I can't see pictures etc. on the hardwareluxx unless I sign-up.. :(

How long is the case V3 pre sale I saw on email for?

I ask because my money comes in only 2 weeks so i can buy only then.

readeh All US cases are shipped if you don't find your tracking link plz contact me on Kickstarter!
I came home to a nice surprise today as the box with the case was by the side of my door today, so it all worked out after all. Thank you for my 3rd A4-SFX (y)

A4-SFX v2 with Titan V
a Germany forum members (CeresPK) installed the most powerful GPU inside the A4-SFX.

_mg_2576oaqoy.jpg

_mg_2581b2ptn.jpg

_mg_2583knqiy.jpg

Looks great. It looks like he has used the hard drive bracket as a cable management solution. Are there any clearer shots of his cable routing? It looks like he used longer cables than most in order to route them a specific way.

I would like to see some more looks at cable management in DAN A4. I want to place a CableMods order but I'm still debating on the best way to route them, which will determine best length.

I thought I had to have custom cables too, but the length of the Corsair sleeved cables is only some 10cm too long, and allows for the cables to be safely tucked away.

For those who have already built in their DAN A4, does the the 92mm case fan in the lower mounting point help temperatures significantly ?

I was planning on using it for a fan but now I think I would prefer to leave the drive bracket there for cable management. This would leave just the CPU fan to regulate temps in the case. I have a blower cooler GPU.

edit:

Do you know how he's mounted the fan? I can't see pictures etc. on the hardwareluxx unless I sign-up.. :(

I would like to know this too!

Last edited:
For those who have already built in their DAN A4, does the the 92mm case fan in the lower mounting point help temperatures significantly ?

I was planning on using it for a fan but now I think I would prefer to leave the drive bracket there for cable management. This would leave just the CPU fan to regulate temps in the case. I have a blower cooler GPU.
!

Yes it does help with the temperatures. I'm using one Noctua Redux 92mm, intaking air, and i am able to push 4770K to 4.0-4.1Ghz (Cryorig C7).
For best result you may use an additional 40/60/80mm fan above the motherboard.
I am looking for a grey themed 40mm fan but Noctua has not released a Redux version of their 40mm fan.

I assume that those two fans, when they are installed, will let me push the cpu at 4.2-4.4Ghz.

It helps cool my Strix while it's in fanless mode, but doesn't manage to keep it under the fan threshold all of the time. I can't put it full blast because it's loud as hell. I need to invest in 40mm fans myself, but still wondering how to mount it. Someone suggested 3M stickyback velcro mounts on the top panel, wondering if there really is the space for something more elegant

Last edited:
Nice. Now I'm curious if a A12x15 would fit over the LP53 on the Asus boards (I already removed the heatsinks, of course)

I tested this with Bitspower fan adapter as a shroud. I had bad results with this combo, seems like the fan is still blowing most of the air past the heatsink and it doesn't cool CPU very well... Maybe with some different kind of shroud could give better results in cooling, but I think it's not worth it... That was the only position where that shroud fitted on my board...
jdoyosnl.jpg

uOSxn0Al.jpg

Now I have NF-A9X14 with same type fan adapter between the side panel and the fan. Don't have a picture with that right now... It gives me way better results, gaming temps are almost 20 degrees lower than with the A12X15.... Next I'm going to test same kind of shroud with A9X14 as the user SpartanM07 has in his build. I think I'll get it done this weekend.

rev1.0
13jtu1Fl.jpg

rev2.0
JONxmoXl.jpg

g432COFl.jpg

Edit. Added some pictures and spoilers. So in the second spoiler are my A9X14 shrouds. They might not be so pretty, but they are working,,, After a quick test, I didn't get very big difference in temps between those two. Think I'll keep this "rev2.0" -version for now on... Tried to make that shroud so that the bottom and the right side of shroud lines pretty close to the sidepanels holes, think it's almost in the right line. It's very easy to change between these two version, just take sidepanel away and those 4 fanscrews holds both shroud versions...

Last edited:

Hi Jspr, you can clamp the fan between the RAM and I/O (only Asrock Z370 Fatality Board)

Looks great. It looks like he has used the hard drive bracket as a cable management solution. Are there any clearer shots of his cable routing? It looks like he used longer cables than most in order to route them a specific way.

I would like to see some more looks at cable management in DAN A4. I want to place a CableMods order but I'm still debating on the best way to route them, which will determine best length.

I do not have more Pictures Jet. But i can tell you that is used the original Premium sleeved Cable by Corsair.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Anyone using an underside m.2 SSD? i'm just curious what kind of temps people might be getting. I just need a little more storage and one of the options is I'm contemplating is adding a 92mm fan to the drive bay to maybe aid cooling a little.

I give up looking for a window case, im going to make just an acrylic panel, and powder coat the inside a4 frame white so it looks good with the acrylic sidepanel.

Anyone using an underside m.2 SSD? i'm just curious what kind of temps people might be getting. I just need a little more storage and one of the options is I'm contemplating is adding a 92mm fan to the drive bay to maybe aid cooling a little.
If you're not putting extensive workloads on it, there isn't a problem. If you are, any NVME m.2 SSD without heatsink is going to throttle at some point.

Back