DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

As far as what's been said so far, the only ones who received their order from CaseKing are those who ordered a DAN Case before the v2 kickstarter went live. As for the rest of the orders for CaseKing, and for OcUK, they may receive them earlier but are instructed not to send them out until the 15th. I know we are all excited about the case, but at this point backers aren't even getting them yet, so repeating questions like this is meaningless, he is likely busy getting everything in order. I ordered mine from OcUK as well, and am expecting/hoping to receive it sometime between the 20th-31st.

Thanks for the comment. The reason why I spoke up is that he hasn't posted any clear announcement which I think is necessary. It's almost half way through January and I think it's about time he makes an official update with the progress.
Even the kickstarter backers seemed to be confused now days (check the comment section on kickstarter).
Dodging questions with ambiguous answers disappoints me personally...

Does anyone know what the internal width of the case is?
- Specifically, the case is 112mm wide, but what space is left after the frame and protrusions are taken into account.

A4-sfx is Aluminium... thus the case is anodizing available isn't it?
My V2 is comming but mine is Black 'painted'
so, I can't do this.
I am ncase M1 user, so i am so sick of lian-li hair line.

I hope to seeing anodized A4-sfx... macbook like surface.

Dondan, can I buy parts of A4?

A4-sfx is Aluminium... thus the case is anodizing available isn't it?
My V2 is comming but mine is Black 'painted'
so, I can't do this.
I am ncase M1 user, so i am so sick of lian-li hair line.

I hope to seeing anodized A4-sfx... macbook like surface.

Dondan, can I buy parts of A4?
Both the A4 and M1 use the same finish, which is Lian Li's standard in-house brushed and anodized. What you want is a sandblasted and anodized finish, which would have to be outsourced and would carry a significant premium if dondan wanted to offer it. We looked into it early on for the M1, but I didn't feel the relatively minor difference in appearance justified the added cost. Also the silver sandblasted, in particular, didn't look that great to my eye.

I think its funny that some people don't have the patience to wait, if you want your case to arrive quick complain to customs because they can take their sweet time. my v1 case only took like 4 days to my local airport but stayed in customs for over a month...

Ughhh seems the closest one to Germany gets the cases first again. I guess I have to wait for a month or two since I'm from the other side of the globe :(

The shipping list is not ordered by BackerID. It is ordered by Country. Staring with Europe and after that with third party countries. Inside the regions the list is ordered by country starting with the biggest volume. And inside the it is ordered by Product. The process of shipping would be very low if I would do it by Backer-Number.

To make it short: On Tuesday all 700 European cases will be colleced from DHL. One week later all US cases will be on the way. An another week later all left counties will be on the way.

Everyone will get an email with the tracking link/URL inside.

Looks like it. That's what Dan said on the Kickstarter's comments for anyone who hadn't checked in. At least knowing it'll move out on Tuesday means I can stop obsessing over the tracking link for the rest of this week at least

Hi everyone,

I have finally built my new PC. The Cooljag Falcon was not easy to prepare and to mount but the result is here.

20180113_163407.jpg

Specs :
- Dan A4-SFX Black
- Be Quiet SFX-L Power 600W
- Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING + Adafruit Aluminum SMT Heat Sinks
- Intel i7-8700K delidded - Der8auer Pro Edition
- Crucial DDR4 2 x 16 Go 2400 MHz CL17 ECC DR X8 VLP (CT16G4XFD824A)
- Samsung Serie 960 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe - 512 Go
- Crucial MX500 - 1 To
- Cooljag Falcon 2 + Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti FTW2 GAMING iCX - 8 Go

The system is very silent, Thanks to Dondan and the members for their great ideas.
Cheers.

Attachments

• 20180113_163256.jpg
    20180113_163256.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • 20180113_162539.jpg
    20180113_162539.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 130
  • 20180113_171521.jpg
    20180113_171521.jpg
    926.5 KB · Views: 117
Looks great :)
Temp results on the CPU?

Hi,
I used prime95 with the Small FTTs test settings and I ran a test for 20 min.
I have never used prime95 before, so I can test other settings if you need it.

My Temperatures :
- room : 19°C
- CPU idle : 32°C
- CPU prime95 : 72°C

Attachments

• idle.png
    idle.png
    682.8 KB · Views: 114
  • prime95.png
    prime95.png
    130.9 KB · Views: 109
Any other good cpu fans other than noctua? Would like a black one for an all black out build. If only Cryorig released their c7 copper already.

Removing the plastic connectors at the bottom makes the AIO fit inside the case, wasn't aware of a USB route mod will have to check that if i can solve my issues. For now im going with the fan outside the case / sidepanel open case mod :)
Putting the fan inside the case seems to be difficult, touches the blades not sure if it's due to my mobo having the ram slots vertical/blocking the CPU making the AIO hoses more difficult to route, the judge had the slots horizontal dondan any experience with this setup?

If you turn the rad around 180 so the fittings are facing the mobo, you get alot more tubing to route how you want it. Plus the tubing is no longer blocking the fan airflow.

If you turn the rad around 180 so the fittings are facing the mobo, you get alot more tubing to route how you want it. Plus the tubing is no longer blocking the fan airflow.
Those 20cm bringing it nearer the mobo will add to the same amount of tubing that need to be routed/stuffed somewhere else but I will try, ty for the suggestion :)

Do I need to use a specific paint or a simple spary paint will do? Sorry am just a newb at building pc. Stuck with laptops for almost a decade.

Recieved my shipping information mail the 13th. No statusupdates on the tracking site yet though (delivery to Sweden).

All parts ordered, now to play the waiting game :)

Any recommendations for a carrying case? The Tactik is currently unavailable as the v2 is being worked on and I can't wait the time for it to be finished

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor ($200.98 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-L9i 33.8 CFM CPU Cooler ($38.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($183.39 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($349.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($448.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card (Purchased For $819.00)
Case: DAN Cases - A4SFXV2-B Mini ITX Desktop Case (Purchased For $325.00)
Power Supply: Corsair - SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply ($89.34 @ Newegg)
Total: $2455.57

Do I need to use a specific paint or a simple spary paint will do? Sorry am just a newb at building pc. Stuck with laptops for almost a decade.
I always used automotive paint, you can really use any though. just make sure to stick with the same brand for the base, colour and clear coat.

My shipping information changed to "estimated delivery on wednesday" (german backer).

So, tomorrow the first backers will get their cases =)

For OcUK pre-orderers,

I just received a notification from OcUK that my package was released and it's on its way from UK to USA. The estimated delivery for me is Jan 19!

I hope you all receive the case without any troubles :)

I use modelling paint:
- Plastic primer (usually Tamiya )
- Plastic paint: Auto paint works as well. But the colour range in modelling paints is nicer. I basically always use Tamiya here as well.
- Clear coat: Usually I use a matte clear coat (almost always Mr Hobby which is UV stabilising. Important if you're using UV led inside your case)

All of the above should be freely available from a modelling supply or online.

The primer really helps the paint adhere to the plastic frame whilst keeping the paint thickness low. I get better results when doing all three steps than when using auto paint. However, getting all of the above is significantly more expensive.

Managed to grab a Black case from OC-UK even though I didn't pre order. It should be with me tomorrow (Thursday)!

Chapeau
Hmmmm i can get a plastic paint and tamiya primer but I'm not sure about the clear coat. Can I leave it out if i can find any? Thanks :)

You can leave it out - it protects the paint from scratches and stabilises the colour. But as computer fans aren't handled manually very much after installation, you will be fine.

Potentially there might be some fading if you're using UV leds but I wouldn't really think it's a huge issue. There's plenty of plastic inside a normal case and that just seems to do fine.

Back