DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

The fans fit perfectly and because of my solder work, the card is none the wiser and throttles the fans down to stop when idling and up to around 2000rpm when gaming.

The noise is down and i am getting 68 degrees in gaming instead of 82-85 before. The shroud partly was at fault here, because it "folded" around the top part, preventing the air from exhausting up the top of the Dan.

All in all, i am now a happy camper :D ....(waiting for his AM4 bracket, CRYORIG !!!!)

Nice work. I almost didn't notice the GPU as I was distracted by those inviting bottles of goodness behind.

Nah, I got my v2 to look forward to.

Has anyone done formal testing of blowers vs aftermarket GPU temperature effect on other components in the Dan Case? I know Dan himself compared the two but only measured the GPU temps.

I seem to remember him recommending a blower also, but everyone's still using aftermarket GPUs from what I see. Wondering because I'm getting tired of the droning of my ASUS 1060 Turbo

Any word on a USB-3.1 Gen2 C upgrade kit for A4?

What will you be using that connector for? Aka: what motherboard will you be using? Afaik there is only a handfull of motherboards sporting a true real USB3.1 gen2 ... Which is also exactly the reason why the A4-SFXv2 doesn't have a USB-C connector.

I have an Asus Strix Z270I and I use the C pretty alot for flash drives and external SSDs since that's all we use now at work. I also have a USB C webcam from Logitech.

Has anyone tried to use the PH-TC12LS in the a4-sfx? I think there is enough space under the cooler for a slim fan since the top one wont fit.

I hope to have two 2.5 inch drives (one SSD and one HD).
Will that limit my choice of graphics cards?
PSU will be corsair SF600.

For anyone with a biostar board please check out my post here for fan settings. I have it set up for a fixed 950rpm fan speed up to 60degrees and a smooth ramp from 60-71 degrees. Temps hover at 68-69 degrees at 2200rpm in prime95 with my stock 1700 and Noctua L9a, very nice.

I sell my other storage to take a 2tb hdd and 256 m2 sdd.
But you only need metal plates for each sides of the hdd and screw it

Hello. I'm new here, or i have been reading this forum post for a long time now. But as i have a question, then i decided to make me an account here.

dondan, i'm pretty sure you are already in the thinking box for the v3 of your case. But i have a nice little request for the v3 that i think would be nice to have.

I know you can use some really long graphic cards in the case that takes up the whole space on the side where the GPU is. But if you are using a Mini / ITX card like the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX GPU as i use, then there will be alot of space available after those small GPUs on that side. Then my question is.....

- Would it be possible to make that space (for those who are using those Mini / ITX GPUs) to fit in a 3.5 inch spinning harddrive by using a mounting bracket (that you can either buy as extra to the case or a bracket that comes with the case) of some sorts there?

That would be great if that would be possible to do.

Greetings from Lakagigar.

Hello. I'm new here, or i have been reading this forum post for a long time now. But as i have a question, then i decided to make me an account here.

dondan, i'm pretty sure you are already in the thinking box for the v3 of your case. But i have a nice little request for the v3 that i think would be nice to have.

I know you can use some really long graphic cards in the case that takes up the whole space on the side where the GPU is. But if you are using a Mini / ITX card like the Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX GPU as i use, then there will be alot of space available after those small GPUs on that side. Then my question is.....

- Would it be possible to make that space (for those who are using those Mini / ITX GPUs) to fit in a 3.5 inch spinning harddrive by using a mounting bracket (that you can either buy as extra to the case or a bracket that comes with the case) of some sorts there?

That would be great if that would be possible to do.

Greetings from Lakagigar.
No V3 for this case

this would be a fun project! I think it would be difficult because the aluminum is so thin, and hard drives are so heavy. but someone could try to do it!

dan can make a v3 case, but that would be years away. so you should not expect anything ;)

I pretty much never showed new pictures of my dan case since the first batch got released. I wrapped the case in february with that design. Just wanted to protect the case a little bit ( when i put it in my backpack) and give it an other finish.This setup is pretty final except of the custom cables which i will redo.

http://imgur.com/a/5GUfr
where did you get that wrap done? I want something similar for my silver a4 but in orange.

Hi
I pretty much never showed new pictures of my dan case since the first batch got released. I wrapped the case in february with that design. Just wanted to protect the case a little bit ( when i put it in my backpack) and give it an other finish.This setup is pretty final except of the custom cables which i will redo.

http://imgur.com/a/5GUfr

Nice job, how long did it take to punch out all those holes? Also where did you get the wrap? It looks great.

Edit: I see someone else also asked where you got it :rolleyes:

Hey ;) i've got the wrap from a friend of mine. Thesy normale wrap cars and he printed the wrap for me. I think i took something about 6hours for the holes :D

Update:

• The updated version of the User Manual is online now. I updated all drawings so it match with the A4-SFX v2. ( https://dan-cases.com/downloads/a4sfx_manual2.0.pdf )
  • I am proud to introduce you DIRAC (http://www.dirac.co.jp/) my new reseller for the Japanese market. If you are from Japan you will be able to order your A4-SFX v2 in early 2018 here.
  • In September Lian Li will start manufacturing ~3000 units of the A4-SFX v2. The assembly process will start in Oct. - Nov. if the 3M riser arrive.
  • Last week I got my EAN numbers so the A4-SFX v2 carton will have a bar-code that is readable on the European market.
  • Because of the extreme low faulty rate of the A4-SFX v1 Caseking and OverclockersUK will create a limited crazy prebuild system series under the label of an well known overclocker with some of the warranty samples.
  • Yesterday I send the new drawings of the HSLP-48 of an 6 and 5 heatpipe version and a Prototype Production Guide to my OEMs.
  • If the production will start in Sep. I will have more time of working on the CAD drawings of my following project.

Thank you for your support

Daniel

Update:

• The updated version of the User Manual is online now. I updated all drawings so it match with the A4-SFX v2. ( https://dan-cases.com/downloads/a4sfx_manual2.0.pdf )
  • I am proud to introduce you DIRAC (http://www.dirac.co.jp/) my new reseller for the Japanese market. If you are from Japan you will be able to order your A4-SFX v2 in early 2018 here.
  • In September Lian Li will start manufacturing ~3000 units of the A4-SFX v2. The assembly process will start in Oct. - Nov. if the 3M riser arrive.
  • Last week I got my EAN numbers so the A4-SFX v2 carton will have a bar-code that is readable on the European market.
  • Because of the extreme low faulty rate of the A4-SFX v1 Caseking and OverclockersUK will create a limited crazy prebuild system series under the label of an well known overclocker with some of the warranty samples.
  • Yesterday I send the new drawings of the HSLP-48 of an 6 and 5 heatpipe version and a Prototype Production Guide to my OEMs.
  • If the production will start in Sep. I will have more time of working on the CAD drawings of my following project.

Daniel
Keep the great job!!!!
I'm waiting for my A4-SFX v2 case to arrive!

Hello,

I'm new at this Forum. I follow the Thread for a long time. Now I have my own Dan Case and want to Share my Experience:

Hardware:
  • Intel Core i7 7700T Delidded (Exotic One in this Forum? 35W TDP)
  • Cooltek LP53 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
  • Asus ROG Strix Z270i
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4-2400
  • Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 8G
  • Samsung 960 Pro M.2 512GB
  • Corsair SF450 w/ Corsair Premium Sleeved SF Cable-Set - Black

Tempertures:
  • Room Ambient for all Tests: 24.6°C
  • Idle: CPU: 34°C; GPU: 40°C
  • Gaming: CPU: 65°C; GPU: 64°C
  • Prime95: CPU: 68°C (With your Custom Settings, see Picture)
My Goal was a Powerful but Silent System. And it is Powerful and Silent in my opinion all Time. I'm very Happy with the System.

Attachments

• DAN-Side-1.jpg
    DAN-Side-1.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DAN-Side-2.jpg
    DAN-Side-2.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 135
  • DAN-Prime95.PNG
    DAN-Prime95.PNG
    11.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
A couple more pics of my buiild. I decided on a 1080ti over an RX Vega due to lack of availability for the Liquid Cooled model.

Hopefully you'll see where I'm going with this. Still a few more bits to get like fan grills and a PWM splitter so I can replace the GPU radiator fan with an LED one and power it off the motherboard.

So far temps are extremely good on both GPU and CPU. I'll get you some benchmarks and temps when I get some time.

36386706180_116e7806df_b.jpg

35974742863_980ed56a58_b.jpg

36736392516_2c2d8889b7_b.jpg

35974728453_f1379708b7_b.jpg

A couple more pics of my buiild. I decided on a 1080ti over an RX Vega due to lack of availability for the Liquid Cooled model.

Hopefully you'll see where I'm going with this. Still a few more bits to get like fan grills and a PWM splitter so I can replace the GPU radiator fan with an LED one and power it off the motherboard.

So far temps are extremely good on both GPU and CPU. I'll get you some benchmarks and temps when I get some time.

36386706180_116e7806df_b.jpg

35974742863_980ed56a58_b.jpg

36736392516_2c2d8889b7_b.jpg

35974728453_f1379708b7_b.jpg

I don't see the point of doing this sacrilege to an A4-SFX. Really.. Just buy a bigger case.

Update:

Daniel
Hi Dan,

One thing I have been meaning to ask is what size screwdriver is supposed to be used for the all the countersink cover screws? Manual looks great well done!

I don't see the point of doing this sacrilege to an A4-SFX. Really.. Just buy a bigger case.

I could have done that, yes, but that's boring. I hung a couple radiators out the back because why not? I got the idea from Dan when he posted a picture of the A4 with a 240mm rad hanging out the back in the early pre-kickstarter days.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ming-case-in-the-world.252/page-15#post-47671

Some initial temp numbers

1800x @ 3.9ghz running around 52c during Aida64 Stress test

1080ti @ 2025mhz running around 50c during 4k Witcher 3 gameplay

Back