DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Sorry DavehasLanded,

I am sorry but this will not happen. This time there will be a bigger amount of cases available from my resellers but a continuous availability is not possible.

Sorry DavehasLanded,

I am sorry but this will not happen. This time there will be a bigger amount of cases available from my resellers but a continuous availability is not possible.

I think this is because you want to keep 100% ownership of the case, not sell the rights to a manufacturer? I respect this decision. I think it is good for inventors to keep their baby!!! :)

Just made my pledge for a v2+window kit. Can't wait!

I've gone from a NCase to Corsair 380T and next the A4-SFX! Going to try cramming a X299 build into it.

Bummer. Just read the comments section on the Kickstarter page and it's in doubt whether a USB 3.1 Gen2 Kit is even going to be released. Cancelling my pledge.

I think this is because you want to keep 100% ownership of the case, not sell the rights to a manufacturer? I respect this decision. I think it is good for inventors to keep their baby!!! :)

More in the line that if you sell products that are already paid for, you are risking basically nothing.

I ended up not canceling it. I did change the pledge to just the case though. Didn't notice that the windowed side panels have large "DAN" across them. Don't want that.

Just bought a few months ago the Ncase but I decided to give the Dan a chance and pledged for the V2's Kickstarter campaign. Just a few questions left:

- Should the rad's fan be set as intake or exhaust?
- Is the 1080TI completely out of the question for this case? I think I was reading about people having thermal throttling, high GPU temps, burn plastic smell(!) and so on??
- Will I be able to install to Corsair dominators
if use the Asetek AIO cooler?
- And finally. Are the 'FE' cards the only vaible options(as Linus suggested) or you can get better temps and less noise with any the partners board?

Many thanks!!!

brianj:

1.) If you talk about the AIO I only testey intake.

2.) Every modern Nvidia card is designed to clock as high as possible til it reach its temp limit or power limit. So you can only talk about throtteling if the card reach the target temp while beeing under the minimum clock. I think the EVGA 1080ti ftw will work well.

3.) The dominator will also not fit without AIO.

4.) Custom designs will work as well.

So in the V2, will we still have to remove the front USB port to mount that 92mm AIO liquid cooling kit?

1080Ti is fine in this case just be prepared for some noise. I have the FE and you have to up the fan curve to sustain its boost clocks. As dondan said something like the FTW might be a better choice.

The burnt plastic smell some mentioned (like me) is just the factory residue on the FE card. It went away after a little while.

Hey Dan,

Any chance of adding more regular units to the kickstarter? I just got enough money a day after you sold out, now theres only six window kits left, but I really have no interest in the window kit. If you can't it's ok. Just a little disappointed because I really love this case!

Same.. Wanted to buy a case, but seems like they are sold out? It sucks.

Nice planing wait to its 33 hours left ofcourse it got sold out i thought it go faster with the start of the Kickstarter.

But its 3 Cases left with the Windowkit for 290 Euro.

Does anyone here want to sell their V1? I've already ordered V2 but cant hold myself together. Ill end up with two cases then.. but that's Ok.
PM me :)

sorry if this is a dumb question but i cant find the answere in the couple of latest pages in this thread.

is version 1.0 sold out? or is there a v 1.0 batch waiting to get m3 risers?

or is my best bet to go for a v2.0?

sorry if this is a dumb question but i cant find the answere in the couple of latest pages in this thread.

is version 1.0 sold out? or is there a v 1.0 batch waiting to get m3 risers?

or is my best bet to go for a v2.0?
You can only buy v2. And really should - it is only better/has more options without modding

Hey Dan,

I had to re-enter my card on KickStarter today, which resulted in a second "successful funding" email being sent.

I'm worried that this will put me at the back of the line. I went back and confirmed that I was backer #42. Will I still be in the first batch of cases to go out?

Thank you!

Hey Dan,

I had to re-enter my card on KickStarter today, which resulted in a second "successful funding" email being sent.

I'm worried that this will put me at the back of the line. I went back and confirmed that I was backer #42. Will I still be in the first batch of cases to go out?

Thank you!

Had the same thing happen to me, but glad to know I'll still retain my place!

Any chance of shipping the cases out earlier Dondan? :)

Guys, I have the Cryorig C7 in my v1 case, it's pretty damn loud. Is this the best cooler for the case?

Is the Noctua l9i any quieter? And is there a notable difference in temps between the two? Or is there another cooler that may be even better.

Guys, I have the Cryorig C7 in my v1 case, it's pretty damn loud. Is this the best cooler for the case?

Is the Noctua l9i any quieter? And is there a notable difference in temps between the two? Or is there another cooler that may be even better.

You can check this post:

Dan-hslp-48

It's DAN's attempt to make a better CPU Cooler for all of us!

Congratulations Dondan on another successful Kickstarter Campaign!

You can check this post:

Dan-hslp-48

It's DAN's attempt to make a better CPU Cooler for all of us!

Congratulations Dondan on another successful Kickstarter Campaign!

Thanks, that looks interesting! Though it seems like we are probably a ways out from being able to get our hands on one. Of coolers available in market now, is there any consensus on which is best?

You are right I thought about it making a system with the Asrock MXM in a case with the size of a DIN A5 paper. I also made a design rendering some month ago and was in contact with ASRock, but I made the decision to drop that project because MXM is not really available for retail market. Furthermore I have a better idea that i will show in summer 2017.

a5-mxmscsgq.jpg
Dondan, any updates to this project? Well, the one you would get in summer.
I guess you will be very occupied

brianj:

1.) If you talk about the AIO I only testey intake.

2.) Every modern Nvidia card is designed to clock as high as possible til it reach its temp limit or power limit. So you can only talk about throtteling if the card reach the target temp while beeing under the minimum clock. I think the EVGA 1080ti ftw will work well.

3.) The dominator will also not fit without AIO.

4.) Custom designs will work as well.

Thanks Dan, very helpful!

Just out of curiosity.. But wouldn't be better to have an FE card that blows hot air out of the case instead of the EVGA (or any non ref design for that matter) that actually blows hot air INSIDE the case? I'm I missing something here?

Excited to get the case next year)))

1080Ti is fine in this case just be prepared for some noise. I have the FE and you have to up the fan curve to sustain its boost clocks. As dondan said something like the FTW might be a better choice.

The burnt plastic smell some mentioned (like me) is just the factory residue on the FE card. It went away after a little while.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.. Unfortunately noise is not an option for me so I will have to go for a non TI model, like the 1080. Or maybe what Dan suggested? Like I said I'm not sure how a custom card would perform in such a tiny case..

That EVGA look bad@ss though))

I think people have posted about their FTW emps, from memory, they were better than my FE temps. I don't think downgrading to a 1080 will really cut down on the noise as it is still a hot card no matter what.

If I could do it all over again I'd get a non FE Ti, probably.

Thanks Dan, very helpful!

Just out of curiosity.. But wouldn't be better to have an FE card that blows hot air out of the case instead of the EVGA (or any non ref design for that matter) that actually blows hot air INSIDE the case? I'm I missing something here?

Excited to get the case next year)))

I've got an EVGA 1080 ti SC2, and the temps are quite low. The fans are very close to the vented side panel, so it pulls in cool air from outside the case. I imagine the FE cards will run hotter in this case.

My CPU on the other hand, gets toasty even with the Cryorig C7. I am having it delidded this week to try to get them to something more comfortable.

Back