DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Wait..... what.... I understand everything on the spec sheet and i can read properly.. but that...... AMD 3-way crossfire X and NVIDIA 3-way SLI?? .... really ASROCK on an ITX???? hahahaha....

Today you learn about bitfurcation
Or here on [H] or SFFN

Don't make fun or point out retarded stuff just because you don't know stuff..

Reactions: Shaav
like this
Wow.. finally i know now how to upgrade. This is the board to finally make me upgrade my 4970k, in the A4 !

So, dondan, if the riser on the right side is not that tall or is removable, this will fit like you did with your V2 built ? The pipes from the Asetek AIO will have a clear path ?
And what about cooling - did you do any more tests for the 5820k with the Aestek ?

It will fit if you cut a hole in the inner front to route the cables in the area between outer and inner frame.

If somebody measure the pcb i can add the holes to v2 without extra costs.
Can you please also add some holes to zip-tie cables between the front cover and the inner frame wall along the edges? It's really hard to keep them in place overthere.

It will fit if you cut a hole in the inner front to route the cables in the area between outer and inner frame.

I have contacted jaystwocent for a measurement of the PCB! He just postet a video of the Kingpin card!

Maybe with low profile PCIE cables it could be mountet without any holes in the front

I have contacted jaystwocent for a measurement of the PCB! He just postet a video of the Kingpin card!

Maybe with low profile PCIE cables it could be mountet without any holes in the front
But if it's possible to dondan make the right hole in the right place, why not?
Can someone just mesure an give it to Dan??? I dont have the card, otherwise I'd do it.

Im so conflicted! do i buy v.2 when i have a perfectly good v.1? will i really use the features the second has to offer? ah!

But if it's possible to dondan make the right hole in the right place, why not?
Can someone just mesure an give it to Dan??? I dont have the card, otherwise I'd do it.

Well no1 haves the card its only displayed at computex2017, so unless someone there can measure we have to wait until july/aug for release...

It's not worth it to make a hole for a specific card that is not even out yet. I also think it's not a good praxis to alter the case design after it's out on the kickstarter.

Damn, this Kingpin card has a copper heatsink! How pricy are these Kingpin cards compared to the FTW3? Are we atlking about more than 1000US$?

availablellooq.jpg

The A4-SFX v2 and Window Kit will bei available in the next 30 days.

Thank you for your support and help
Daniel Hansen

dan, your early success with this kickstarter is proof of what I've been saying all along, which is that this is THE case to have, and it WILL sell in great numbers, and stores WILL want to keep stock in it. the initial sales are larger than even I expected. there is a lot of demand built up over the months of when your case was reviewed but unavailable for sale. I believe you will receive millions in revenue. this guarantees the success of your new heatsink, but also makes it more important for you to do the job right, because more people means more complainers and more problems.

it is my opinion that the case kickstarter should have included the option to buy a heatsink with it. I think there will be a lot of case buyers who would want your heatsink but will never hear about it. some will buy the wrong heatsink on their own, and email you with problems. I hope you will at least email all the kickstarter pledgers with the information about your heatsink kickstarter so they can buy one then.

congratulations on your HUGE success, you earned it with the best case in the world!!! :)

dan, your early success with this kickstarter is proof of what I've been saying all along, which is that this is THE case to have, and it WILL sell in great numbers, and stores WILL want to keep stock in it. the initial sales are larger than even I expected. there is a lot of demand built up over the months of when your case was reviewed but unavailable for sale. I believe you will receive millions in revenue. this guarantees the success of your new heatsink, but also makes it more important for you to do the job right, because more people means more complainers and more problems.

it is my opinion that the case kickstarter should have included the option to buy a heatsink with it. I think there will be a lot of case buyers who would want your heatsink but will never hear about it. some will buy the wrong heatsink on their own, and email you with problems. I hope you will at least email all the kickstarter pledgers with the information about your heatsink kickstarter so they can buy one then.

congratulations on your HUGE success, you earned it with the best case in the world!!! :)

He can't really offer a heatsink option with the cases, because it's not ready for production yet - and it's not like he can delay shipping out cases until the heatsink is good to go.

That being said, emailing them the news is definitely a good idea.

dondan

Window panel has been ordered.Could you please enclose me an extra pair of screws?A little more than a month has passed since using v1, but the external panel screw has been extensively worn.I'd like to buy some extra screws, but there's no way.

Intel is planning on releasing new Club's in response to Ryzen. Current roadmap show that they will be released between June and August.
They range in spec, from 4 to 16 cores. The later is 165w.
I'm assuming it will be a different chipset and not be compatible with the z270i so I need a new motherboard :/
If the 12 core is closer to the 100w range, will it be possible to cool in the Dan A4? I doubt my current set up could handle it....

I just received my custom cables from Cablemod and I have to admit I am really disappointed.

Here is the 24pin PSU cable.

MTbVHq+

Because the clips for the connectors are on the same side, all the cables are crossing over each other. This is very messy and significantly detracts from the goal of having cut to length cables.

Other examples I have seen have been so much better. Is this how it should be or should I be contacted Cablemod and complaining?

Got my custom cables too with similar results. Very disappointed. Did you contact Cablemod already?

I have got a response from Jaystwocents and the size of the kingpin is the exact same as their FTW3 card.

Hi everyone, I've just placed an order for the V2 case and I'm super excited for Jan 2018! I'm planning to to do transplant and was wondering what the recommended lengths are for custom sleeved cables? I'm using a Silverstone SFX-L PSU with the ASUS Z170i pro-gaming and searching this thread I found most people are recommending 20cm for the 24pin, 30cm for the 8pin CPU, 30cm for 2 x 8Pin GPU but what about for the SATA cables to the front and below the PSU for SSDs?

I ordered 300mm 6+2pin, 250mm CPU and 150mm 24pin for my Z270I.

what about for the SATA cables to the front and below the PSU for SSDs?

S-ATA power cable with 100-50-50 mm fits perfect in my config. But I'm only using 2 of the 3 connectors because the 300mm 6+2pin cables are a tight fit. I tried it but if i had an additional SSD in the front slot either they were too short or the 6+2pin must be routed on the SSD and this is too thick for the front-panel to sit in as it should...

Intel is planning on releasing new Club's in response to Ryzen. Current roadmap show that they will be released between June and August.
They range in spec, from 4 to 16 cores. The later is 165w.
I'm assuming it will be a different chipset and not be compatible with the z270i so I need a new motherboard :/
If the 12 core is closer to the 100w range, will it be possible to cool in the Dan A4? I doubt my current set up could handle it....
Check the table here, summary:
- the biggest will be 18C/36T (not 16C)
- yes you will need a x299 chipset
- no CPU in this lineup will be 100W, the two smallest are 112W (4C/4T and 4C/8T), the 10C/20T will be 140W

SFX power supplies will be in tight spaces in many more cases than just the A4-SFX. I would be surprised if Silverstone did not understand the application use-cases of their SFX power supplies. Nevertheless, i've been surprised before. We will know in 2018.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
SFX power supplies will be in tight spaces in many more cases than just the A4-SFX. I would be surprised if Silverstone did not understand the application use-cases of their SFX power supplies. Nevertheless, i've been surprised before. We will know in 2018.
True but most fanless designs outsid of SoCs and ultra low power components need some sort of airflow for it to funticon properly as a "fanless" component. We've already had issues of sfx psu's with fans overheating in this case. I can't hear my sf600 so I'm plenty happy.

Check the table here, summary:
- the biggest will be 18C/36T (not 16C)
- yes you will need a x299 chipset
- no CPU in this lineup will be 100W, the two smallest are 112W (4C/4T and 4C/8T), the 10C/20T will be 140W
I don't think we'll be able to cool these in a case that small though, I'll stick with Ryzen :/

I don't think we'll be able to cool these in a case that small though, I'll stick with Ryzen :/

The >140 watt CPUs might be hard to manage, but we can cool 140 watt CPUs in the Dan A4 now. V2 should be even better at it, because you can use the Asetek 545LC.

This isn't directed at you specifically, but there's a lot of misinformation flying around about what's viable in the A4. I was running a 5820K (140w) and a 1080TI (250w) just fine until last week. Yes, it wasn't quiet at load and the case gets hot, but temperatures were well below throttling.

The >140 watt CPUs might be hard to manage, but we can cool 140 watt CPUs in the Dan A4 now. V2 should be even better at it, because you can use the Asetek 545LC.

This isn't directed at you specifically, but there's a lot of misinformation flying around about what's viable in the A4. I was running a 5820K (140w) and a 1080TI (250w) just fine until last week. Yes, it wasn't quiet at load and the case gets hot, but temperatures were well below throttling.
What CPU cooler?

Woah, woah, woah... there is an AIO 92mm cooler?! Guessing this could be an alternative to the hslp-48?

Every day I check this forum I get more and more stoked for this build.

I just received my custom cables from Cablemod and I have to admit I am really disappointed.

Here is the 24pin PSU cable.

MTbVHq+

Because the clips for the connectors are on the same side, all the cables are crossing over each other. This is very messy and significantly detracts from the goal of having cut to length cables.

Other examples I have seen have been so much better. Is this how it should be or should I be contacted Cablemod and complaining?

Yup! I posted about this earlier in this mega-thread.
You will need a pin puller and re-pin them yourself.
It should look OK if you just flip the connected to have the retaining clip on the other side.

I contacted CableMod about my disappointment and suggested they provide an option of whether you want the retaining clips on the same side (gives an ugly wiring result) on opposite sides (gives a much cleaner wiring result).
I guess they never took my advice.

Pv

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Back