DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

20170502_051548_HDR.jpg

20170502_051529_HDR.jpg

Adjusted the mounting of the panel sides using some strong magnets. This gives me an extra 3 to 4mm of air gap over the fans.

Slight benefit in cooling (CPU less 2 deg C), but a nice audible reduction in fan noise.

dondan, I just reserve the dan a4 in caseking but I want the window side panel as well.
Can I buy it separately?
The caseking units will be v1 or v2? (I suppose v1)

I think if you flip the LP53 to 180° you can lower the temps of another 5°C because the heatpipes will have a more efficent orientation. In you orientation the fluid inside have to work against gravity.

By the way if you don't have a 3D printer you can easily buy this low profile fan duct 92mm to 120mm to get the same effect:

Bitspower Ultimate 92mmm to 120mm (BP-FA1208090-BK)

909950-2.jpg
Have any measurements on the thickness of this adapter or what the max/recommended thickness needed? Can't find where to buy that adapter specifically in the US so will have to go with alternatives (looking at one from a brand Nexus)

So guys, I have an opportunity to buy an exclusive ELITE membership EVGA 1080ti in White/Green/Red/Blue/Black.....but has anyone actually confirmed the EVGA 1080TI FTW actually fits???

dondan, I just reserve the dan a4 in caseking but I want the window side panel as well.
Can I buy it separately?
The caseking units will be v1 or v2? (I suppose v1)

Yes you can ordered the panels seperate on the Kickstarter campaign end of may.
The caseking units will be the same batch as the Kickstarter units. So it will be v2. If the Kickstarter campaign will success the batch will arrive end of 2017/early 2018.

Casekings will have what's being produced now.
Nothing is in production. I will place my order for 2017 after the Kickstarter campaign ends.

The caseking units will be the same batch as the Kickstarter units. So it will be v2. If the Kickstarter campaign will success the batch will arrive end of 2017/early 2018.

Nothing is in production. I will place my order for 2017 after the Kickstarter campaign ends.
So I preordered from overclockers.co.uk when they first went up with an ETA July date after the first sold out...is that just a placeholder and they won't have any til the end of 2017?

I meant "then" :p

So I preordered from overclockers.co.uk when they first went up with an ETA July date after the first sold out...is that just a placeholder and they won't have any til the end of 2017?

Things changes some time and as Dondan says end of 2017 or beginning of 2018.

If he dont have any production of this cases just now its the way it is.

Things changes some time and as Dondan says end of 2017 or beginning of 2018.

If he dont have any production of this cases just now its the way it is.
Man...another whole year. I was assuming another batch of v1 seeing as that ETA date has been up forever and the fact that they put the page back up for preorders when they didn't even do that for the first run. Probably shouldn't have ordered things specifically for this case before confirming I'd actually receive one. Guess I'm out for this case.

Are the Kickstarter orders not going to come with the USB3.1 gen 2 port on the front?

Rappy: I am sorry, I informed Caseking and OvervlockersUK month ago that the date on their website is wrong and they know that production takes 5-6 month.

Synomenon: The count of available USB 3.1 gen2 boards is too low. Maybe I will add it as an strech goal because the tooling fees and the MOQ are very high for the interbal cable.

dondan Any possibility of a separate 3.1 gen 2 usb conversion kit (preferably with black instead of blue insert)? Considering the the high MOQ of actually replacing gen 1

Edit: went to look at the new bag accessory saw usb c gen 2 kit is in development what I meant was a type A kit

Last edited:
Rappy: I am sorry, I informed Caseking and OvervlockersUK month ago that the date on their website is wrong and they know that production takes 5-6 month.

Synomenon: The count of available USB 3.1 gen2 boards is too low. Maybe I will add it as an strech goal because the tooling fees and the MOQ are very high for the interbal cable.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh :(
Then I will cancel the order and buy it on kickstarter on end of may

caseking (ger) sucks. their delid 4,8ghz i7 7700k which I ordered 2,5weeks ago is now said to take 3-4 weeks longer, which is why I cancelled the order and ordered a stock version from vibuonline.de. I might delid it if temps are unsatisfactory....

For now, but as time goes on, more and more boards will have the header for it... And this Kickstarter batch isn't coming out tomorrow...

bought their engineering sample directly from taiwan. for the strix, well that's the mobo I have so it better lol.
I have to ask, can someone still purchase an all-copper engineering sample directly from them? And if so, could you PM me who I would contact and how much it cost you?

here's the process with anyone who has a normal axp-100 or axp-100 muscle or axp-100R or the 8 or 9 guys thats have the axp-100 full copper

That is absolutely amazing. In the video are you comparing the copper AXP-100 to the original AXP-100H? the nickel-plated one seems much taller?

bended it more to include the retention plate.

d8FovUV.jpg

2Q5SD2v.jpg

2RQ4Us4.jpg

pErxEFN.jpg
Okay this is simply amazing. I know the original AXP-100 is 44mm tall. But how tall was this one after you finished modding it. Please share, I must know! I'm also on a z270i and am looking for the absolutely lowest temps possible on my 7700k, which is inside my S4 mini.

Last edited:
This might sound pretty stupid but how does a bare bones v2 sound? Like just the frame and that revised usb? I would be interested in that. Just put the panels, riser and power cord of my v1 on it and done. I don't know how much money that'll save or if those components are even compatible though. But a €100 "upgrade" kit for existing owners would be awesome.

This might sound pretty stupid but how does a bare bones v2 sound? Like just the frame and that revised usb? I would be interested in that. Just put the panels, riser and power cord of my v1 on it and done. I don't know how much money that'll save or if those components are even compatible though. But a €100 "upgrade" kit for existing owners would be awesome.
And I'd like to get another set of external panels only. Just because I want to change color sometimes. Dan, what about that option?

The final measurements from the 1080ti FTW3 looks to be 299-300mm, thats not gna fit is it?

A4-SFX v2 preview

Today I got two samples of the A4-SFX v2 and some window kit samples. So I spend the day to do many tests. I installed the Asetek 92mm AIO (545LC), did temperature tests with the window kits and I tested the new 92mm FAN mount point.

Carton

Let us start with a preview of the new cartons. I love the carton of the window kit, it is thin and has a good quality.

img_42228wu9z.jpg

Asetek 92mm AIO (545LC)

At first I have to say the installation of the AIO is very hard and it took over an hour to find the perfect routing for the cables. It’s worth the trouble! At first I removed the two Lian Li push clips because the radiator is thicker than 92mm. Furthermore I removed the front USB port, because it will not fit without modding it. And I had to remove the plastic shield because I don’t want to cut it to fit. So you need a GPU with a backplate for this mod. After removing nearly everything XD I installed the radiator without the fan, because you will have more space to plug-in the PSU wires. You are restricted to a normal SFX PSU. After an hour of routing wires I installed the fan and the other components.

img_41888cu61.jpg

img_4189ajuld.jpg

img_4191tuucc.jpg

Here are the temperature results. I was able to clock my 6 core i7 to 4Ghz with good temperatures in Prime95. The noise level is very low in comparison to the Dynatron T318.

aio_temp5nu7x.jpg

Window Kit test and case FAN test

I am very happy with the new windows kits and I tend towards the DAN cutout version because it looks more elegant. But it will be your decision I will start a survey/poll in the next two hours, that will end on Tuesday. Here are some pictures of the new panels:

DAN Cutout:

img_4204edu6a.jpg

img_4210ieupa.jpg

Slot Cutout:

img_419873u7x.jpg

img_4195dludq.jpg

If you remember my last test of the first window kit you know that I had to add the cutouts for better temps. After the last hours I can say the temps are better but not on the same level with the default panels. I also made all tests with a case fan on the new mount point. I used a Noctua A9x14 fan. I am very impressed about the results with the case fan. So I recommend a 92mm case fan for the window kit if you plan to install a CPU with a TDP > 65W. Also with default panels installed you will have better temps with a case fan installed. I will add a test with case fan in blow out mode later.

window_cpu_tempimubq.jpg

window_gpu_tempbiuig.jpg

Some words:

I really like the new rubber feets the case has so much more grip. No slide on smooth surfaces while pushing the power button. Also the cover for the GPU mounting hole looks very great. I also love the stamped-in motherboard stand-offs because they stay in position forever while unscrewing the motherboard.

Thank you for reading.

With best regards

Daniel

What if you combine the two windows: the word "Dan" with a line above and a line below. The top line will ventilate the PSU more and the bottom line will ventilate the CPU more (in theory).

Hi dan, i have a question regarding the window kit, if i were to use the window ver and travel with it in the wallye bag would it be safe?? Also with this acrylic glass would you say after testing it it wont scartch as easily as normal acrylic glass?? Coz i know acrylic is much lighter compare to tempered glass and it will make it easy to carry around but I dont want it to look ugly(scratches) over time. Sorry if my question has been answered before im new here and i make account coz im interested with this project

wow with this new case. there might be a possibility to water cool the video card... imo.. hopefully dan... can give it a test on an 1080/1080 TI and give it a shot....

or can you raise the 3m connector on the video card a bit more higher? so that there will be more space below for a thicker fan??

dondan What CPU cooler is that below that A9x14, and yes the A9x14 PWM is an AMAZING fan, I have one ziptied to my CPU cooler just like yours... its keeping my 7700k very cool along with a Thermolab LP53! :D

Back