DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

with swirls I think it would work better for the airflow
testing: https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Effects-of-Grill-Patterns-on-Fan-Performance-Noise-107/

Nq20ONS.jpg

This won't work so well as the fan placement varies by motherboard processor socket placement, and fan size varies by user.

Can I remove the glass part and replace it with a dust filter ? is it gonna fit ? do you think that it will improve the airflow and reduces the air turbulence ?

Last edited:
Your pic is my reflection

Nice build, can you please provide the part numbers of the PSU and the CPU fan filters ?
how did you connect the A9x14 power cable to the PSU (internally or using the motherboard fan pins) ?

Ok, how about this as a pattern (crap effects I know, but you get the idea)

Should help to provide additional airflow to the PSU and CPU areas, plus that way it also caters for different vertical positions of the CPU placement on the mobo.

upload_2017-4-26_12-34-51.png

^ That will end up looking like ++ two plus signs... which is not bad at all.

The current cut though, it's way too long, showing the metal underneath, not looking very good.

Ok, how about this as a pattern (crap effects I know, but you get the idea)

Should help to provide additional airflow to the PSU and CPU areas, plus that way it also caters for different vertical positions of the CPU placement on the mobo.

View attachment 23116

it looks very bad, adding 2 horizontal smaller cuts (one above and one under the original one) would look much better

94yEYlR.jpg

RePost! Big Update:

Today I got some preview shots of the DAN Cases A4-SFX v2 with Window Kit installed. I will make a poll where you can decide between dan cutout or slot cutout for the final design:

(Lian Li forgott so screw the panels so the panels sack)

_dsc01502iqp0.jpg

_dsc0135nprxs.jpg

_dsc0152i3qma.jpg

_dsc0133dvprr.jpg

Here you can see the new cutout for Asetec 92mm AIO or a 92mm fan. Also the new screwed rubber feets are attached:

_dsc0143uspfk.jpg

Here you can see the slot cover:

_dsc0145aiq9e.jpg

And some pictures of the new cartons:

caseboxuzrzh.jpg

windowsidepanelboxxnrea.jpg

Lian Li will ship the sample with DHL express tomorrow, so I will have it next week. Today I got my Asetec 92mm AIO for testing and shooting with V2.

With best regards
Daniel

Will can we buy this item with the second version?
I Want to buy this too at the same time

Your pic is my reflection

Nice build, can you please provide the part numbers of the PSU and the CPU fan filters ?
how did you connect the A9x14 power cable to the PSU (internally or using the motherboard fan pins) ?
I get the filters at a local radio store. Here they are http://www.evercool.com.tw/categories/global/accessory/fingerguard&filter.php . I used 90mm grey one for the CPU and 120mm black one for the PSU. I've cut out a circle and glued inside. PSU fan is controlled by the motherboard. I choose that way cause a noctua 9x14 fan has a really limited range when controlled by voltage, it starts from 1200 RPM, which is a bit audible, and using PWM control you can make it rotate at any speed from 350 RPM.

Last edited:
Looks great! Two question though:

- Is it worth it to change the fan of the Cryorig to the TY-100?
- Do you still have the 450W power supply and its enough to power the TI?

edit: Found your comment about the fan :)

I switched out the Cryorig fan for this really nice black and white Thermalright fan. It is sooo much quiter!!!

Last edited:
Not good i tested the fan in the past on an axp 100. The fan is too slow, has a bad air pressure and is too big for the c7. Too much air will move not through the heatsink.

dondan
So between these low profile 120mm PWM fans:

1-Prolimatech ultra sleek vortex 12
2-Akasa ak-fn078
3-Scythe SY1212SL12H-P 4-pin

Which on is recomended for the Nexus/cooljag mod or for the HSLP-48 ?

Last edited:
Looks great! Two question though:

- Is it worth it to change the fan of the Cryorig to the TY-100?
- Do you still have the 450W power supply and its enough to power the TI?

edit: Found your comment about the fan :)

Definitely worth it, but I have not tried any other fans.
I am still using the 450W other people are using a similar config and have had no problems and I cannot OC this card unless I find another way to deal with the heat and noise. It's like a jet engine...

People should size their fan to fit the heatsink, and not be bigger, because most of the air pressure comes from the tips of the fan blades, not the center!

Not good i tested the fan in the past on an axp 100. The fan is too slow, has a bad air pressure and is too big for the c7. Too much air will move not through the heatsink.

hopefully he will be able to offer one to non german speakers elsewhere in the world. with the current side panels though, they don't see wide enough to accomodate 3 slot gpus? and for CPU coolers, maybe another 5mm at the most?

I am one of those who participated in this order. Duke00 said he'll maybe offer a second opportunity for collective order. But I don't know if he will then also offer international shipping...

show us pics of your sweet modded panels man :)

RePost! Big Update:

Today I got some preview shots of the DAN Cases A4-SFX v2 with Window Kit installed. I will make a poll where you can decide between dan cutout or slot cutout for the final design:

(Lian Li forgott so screw the panels so the panels sack)

_dsc01502iqp0.jpg

_dsc0135nprxs.jpg

_dsc0152i3qma.jpg

_dsc0133dvprr.jpg

Here you can see the new cutout for Asetec 92mm AIO or a 92mm fan. Also the new screwed rubber feets are attached:

_dsc0143uspfk.jpg

Here you can see the slot cover:

_dsc0145aiq9e.jpg

And some pictures of the new cartons:

caseboxuzrzh.jpg

windowsidepanelboxxnrea.jpg

Lian Li will ship the sample with DHL express tomorrow, so I will have it next week. Today I got my Asetec 92mm AIO for testing and shooting with V2.

With best regards
Daniel

Dan, im glad you did put fan option under the hdd/ssd bay area, i asked you before about it and you just said no. :p

For those wanting some extra width. some guy is making custom side panels for around 50Euro.
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1671555

P.S.: 1080ti strix ;)
I'd like to have those too. Even without rising frame. I like them look much more and I think they give you better cooling efficiency due to increased vent area. Actually, I'd prefer to just get files so I could print them somewhere by myself. Would not he may be like to share those files pretty please?

Hey Guys,
cause of i dont do this for an profit, i dont plan a international shipping. if there will be a second order is not sure. Sry for that ^^

is dondan still working on a less ugly pcie extender?
I switched mine out for a LiHeat riser (300mm D.type).

3M on the left, LiHeat on the right:

liheat5.jpg

Same mounting dimensions:

liheat4.jpg

Fits fine and doesn't show through top of case:

liheat3.jpg

Is the quality as good as the 3M? Probably not. But it works for me.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back