DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Survey: Second Production Run

[...]

I point of view for this: Pre-ordering from resellers requires to pay the case in advance in most cases as well, but this shouldn't be an issue as the resellers will get their cases in the summer as they were promised (right..?) If the production takes six months it should already be underway as we're four months away from the July date of the next batch. I think the community is more understanding with schedule changes and such when compared to resellers, because they have customers to answer directly to and they are purely doing a business. Concentrate your efforts on v2 and other upcoming products and let the resellers handle the distribution, that's what they are there for :)

Been lurking [H]ardForum for years now, figured I'd finally make an account.

Thank you Dan for this awesome case. I do frequent LAN parties here and there so this will definitely make life easier.

I didn't take photos during the build but there is really nothing special in there that hasn't been posted already.

Asus ROG Strix Z270I mini-ITX Motherboard
Intel Core-i5 6600K
Notuca NH-L9i CPU Cooler
16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
Corsair SF450 SFX PSU
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
SanDisk X400 1TB M.2 SSD (via USB 3.0 external enclosure)
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Replaced the feet with StarTech Rubberfeet (1-1/4" Diameter)
DeepCool RGB LED Strip

Cable management was a bit of a nightmare but I made it work. Will probably get some shorter cables soon from moddiy.com to clean up the insides a bit. I'll take some internal pictures then. :)

Again Dan, thank you.

I'll throw this over in the build thread as well.

zXlHXgT.jpg

wInKVDR.jpg

Lovely setup!

Also, please tell me what apps are you using for the miniature Spotify as well as for monitoring your drive space? :)

EDIT: Win10 Widgets, some googling lead me to the answer!

Last edited:
I am almost finished with mounting the 120mm fan over my LP53. Spent some time fabricating aluminium mounting tabs that are fixed to the VRM heatsink mounting holes on my H97I Plus motherboard. I have used a light cured acrylic material as a spacer that allows for a close fit. It allows for electrical insulation whilst providing structural support to the PCB, and its mould-able nature allowed fine-tuning of its position prior to curing.

For more photos, see my DanCase A4 Album
Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%205_zpsyx1g1ibl.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%207_zpsb8n1npkw.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%209_zpsvabkzuoq.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%2011_zps0gxjfne9.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%2010_zpsvg93jut2.jpg

Ran furmark and Prime, temps are as follows

H97I Plus
i5 4590
EVGA 1070 SC

LP53 cooler, stock thermal material that came with the cooler
Gelid 120x15.8mm Slim Blue LED fan (800-1600 rpm)
Fan profile is set to reach full RPM at 70 degrees, and it does, so is therefore running at 1600 rpm.
Noise can be considered to be relatively quiet, it is not louder than the EVGA1070SC, and comparatively about the same volume as a 2.5" spinning HDD (not in this build)

Voltage offset -0.15v (I think I have set this, but havent noticed any change)
Ambient 23 degrees, 45% humidity
Prime95 26.6? (cant remember) and furmark.

After stabilied for at least 10 minutes after a 30-60 minute preheat

CPU without filter - was at 70 degrees (Delta of 47 degrees)
CPU With DemciFilter (borrowed from NCaseM1) - 81 degrees (Delta of 58 degrees)

GPU 68 degrees, no throttling noted?, Power target hovering around 98-100% with both fans running at 1550 rpm (of a max 3600 or something to that effect)

Does the orientation of the heatpipes affect heatpipe efficacy in the LP53? --> No effect

Out of interest, I wanted to test if the orientation of the LP53 had effect on the efficacy of the Heatpipe.

The reason for this test is that in an earlier post, Mecabolix (I think) did a test on the temperature of his CPU with the cooler orientated "vertically" and "Horizontally". His definition of vertical and horizontal was in reference to the heatpipes (not the fins). He noted a 5 degree difference between the two, with the 'vertical' orientation performing better.

There are a few factors that can change the performance of the heatsink, so I wanted to test one of these to be able to rule it out, or confirm its effect.

1) Heatpipe efficacy is affected by orientation
2) Airflow is different due to air blowing out a different way/blocked by the motherboard design
3) Re-mounting a heatsink means re-applying thermal paste and re-tightening the mounts itself is a variable.

I therefore conducted this test to determine if heatpipe efficacy is a relevant factor.

Considerations
- I only wanted to test the heatpipes, so this simply meant orientating the whole case differently would test for this and allow for airflow and remounting the heatsink to be kept constant.
- In the event that bottom airflow changes with proximity to the table, I tested the normal orientation with the case sitting 100mm off the table with wooden blocks.
- Fan RPM was constant as the fan profile called for full rpm at 70+ degrees, therefore fan speed was 1600 rpm throughout
- I did have a Demci fan filter installed for this test.
- And the figures from the test were confirmed by retesting each orientation again, but in reverse order to help account for the variable of room temperatures and the effect of pre-heating the case. No measurable change was noted between the first and second test of each position.

1) Case in the normal orientation sitting on the table, CPU and GPU were 81 and 68 deg.
2) Case normal orientation, raised 100mm off the table - CPU temps were 80 and 68 deg.
3) Case in Vertical orientation, power button facing upwards - CPU and GPU were 80 and 68 deg.

Summary - In the 1) Normal, 2) Raised off the table, and 3) Pointing upwards, the CPU and GPU temps were not different to any significant amount. Heatpipe efficacy in the LP53 is not affected by orientation in a tower case.

Awesome setup! Is there a specific reason for why you went with the "Gelid 120x15.8mm Slim Blue LED fan (800-1600 rpm)" over any other fan? :)

Can I borrow this idea?
I really like the look of this and a friend of mine has a 3d printer and semi transparent resin. I might just try this.

please do! I'd love to see the result!

Too late... i've already did it, it was my secret plan for may's contest (before mcheddadi came with that idea...)

i'm kind of dissapointed with the results let me tell you...

i'll post some pictures later...

ah ha! I came up with this idea as soon as the kickstarter started. just didn't post my render untill recently!

lol ;) please show us what you came up with!

btw how do we participate in the contest?

here's my official entry:

JzZfU9o.jpg

Neat setup! Like the silver/white going on. Is your GPU side panel not installed? and is that a GONs keyboard?

I am always amazed at how 'empty' everyones table is. I can barely see my tabletop normally.

In that pic the GPU side panel wasn't installed, but I've since put it on.

Also yep, great eye--it's a GON Nerd TKL! My bae.

I am almost finished with mounting the 120mm fan over my LP53. Spent some time fabricating aluminium mounting tabs that are fixed to the VRM heatsink mounting holes on my H97I Plus motherboard. I have used a light cured acrylic material as a spacer that allows for a close fit. It allows for electrical insulation whilst providing structural support to the PCB, and its mould-able nature allowed fine-tuning of its position prior to curing.

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%205_zpsyx1g1ibl.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%207_zpsb8n1npkw.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%209_zpsvabkzuoq.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%2011_zps0gxjfne9.jpg

Fan%20Mount%20Light%20Cured%20Acrylic%2010_zpsvg93jut2.jpg

Ran furmark and Prime, temps are as follows

H97I Plus
i5 4590
EVGA 1070 SC

LP53 cooler, stock thermal material that came with the cooler
Gelid 120x15.8mm Slim Blue LED fan (800-1600 rpm)
Fan profile is set to reach full RPM at 70 degrees, and it does, so is therefore running at 1600 rpm.
Noise can be considered to be relatively quiet, it is not louder than the EVGA1070SC, and comparatively about the same volume as a 2.5" spinning HDD (not in this build)

Voltage offset -0.15v (I think I have set this, but havent noticed any change)
Ambient 23 degrees, 45% humidity
Prime95 26.6? (cant remember) and furmark.

After stabilied for at least 10 minutes after a 30-60 minute preheat

CPU without filter - was at 70 degrees (Delta of 47 degrees)
CPU With DemciFilter (borrowed from NCaseM1) - 81 degrees (Delta of 58 degrees)

GPU 68 degrees, no throttling noted?, Power target hovering around 98-100% with both fans running at 1550 rpm (of a max 3600 or something to that effect)

Does the orientation of the heatpipes affect heatpipe efficacy in the LP53? --> No effect

Out of interest, I wanted to test if the orientation of the LP53 had effect on the efficacy of the Heatpipe.

The reason for this test is that in an earlier post, Mecabolix (I think) did a test on the temperature of his CPU with the cooler orientated "vertically" and "Horizontally". His definition of vertical and horizontal was in reference to the heatpipes (not the fins). He noted a 5 degree difference between the two, with the 'vertical' orientation performing better.

There are a few factors that can change the performance of the heatsink, so I wanted to test one of these to be able to rule it out, or confirm its effect.

1) Heatpipe efficacy is affected by orientation
2) Airflow is different due to air blowing out a different way/blocked by the motherboard design
3) Re-mounting a heatsink means re-applying thermal paste and re-tightening the mounts itself is a variable.

I therefore conducted this test to determine if heatpipe efficacy is a relevant factor.

Considerations
- I only wanted to test the heatpipes, so this simply meant orientating the whole case differently would test for this and allow for airflow and remounting the heatsink to be kept constant.
- In the event that bottom airflow changes with proximity to the table, I tested the normal orientation with the case sitting 100mm off the table with wooden blocks.
- Fan RPM was constant as the fan profile called for full rpm at 70+ degrees, therefore fan speed was 1600 rpm throughout
- I did have a Demci fan filter installed for this test.
- And the figures from the test were confirmed by retesting each orientation again, but in reverse order to help account for the variable of room temperatures and the effect of pre-heating the case. No measurable change was noted between the first and second test of each position.

1) Case in the normal orientation sitting on the table, CPU and GPU were 81 and 68 deg.
2) Case normal orientation, raised 100mm off the table - CPU temps were 80 and 68 deg.
3) Case in Vertical orientation, power button facing upwards - CPU and GPU were 80 and 68 deg.

Summary - In the 1) Normal, 2) Raised off the table, and 3) Pointing upwards, the CPU and GPU temps were not different to any significant amount. Heatpipe efficacy in the LP53 is not affected by orientation in a tower case.

Turn the fan upside down and test it again in pull configuration, you may get a surprise ;)

Too late... i've already did it, it was my secret plan for may's contest (before mcheddadi came with that idea...)

i'm kind of dissapointed with the results let me tell you...

i'll post some pictures later...
Can we take a look at it? i'd love to learn from your mistakes i was thinking of puting an acrylic spacer too.

Can we take a look at it? i'd love to learn from your mistakes i was thinking of puting an acrylic spacer too.

"Your mistakes"???? I don't know what are those hahaha (just kidding)

Well i don't want to show pictures just yet...

I'm done with the main concept, and it's looking freaking awesome... but i'm in the refinement part now...

Spoiler: DO NOT USE ACRYLIC UNLESS IT'S LASER CUT

Found 2 replacements for acrylic in this case scenario

Both work just fine, i'm just doing some experiments now to see which one is the "perfect" one...

Or maybe a combination of both??? Who knows :)

Will keep you guys updated when i'm done, i promise.

Awesome setup! Is there a specific reason for why you went with the "Gelid 120x15.8mm Slim Blue LED fan (800-1600 rpm)" over any other fan? :)
It was a left-over from my experimentations for my NCase build. I happened to buy 5 of these and had them hanging around as none of them made the cut for my NCase build. I was in the search for a quiet fan to have in the bottom under the GPU of the NCase, slim because it gave more room between the fan and the bottom panel for noise and airflow efficacy reasons, but because they were slim, they didn't pull as much air as a Scythe Gentle Typhoon, and were significantly noisier.

Back to the A4 - the Gelid slim is the only 120mm fan that fits because its slim, so some airflow is better than a 25mm thick not fitting. Compared to the A9-14, this fan does pull more air through the side panel by being a 120 vs a 92mm, but the question remains as to whether this is beneficial as airflow is only helpful when it passes over a surface we are trying to cool, or helps displace/remove hot air.

I am not particularly fond of this fan, its minimum RPM is quite high at 800 rpm, and its motor control circuitry switches on and off power to the coils a bit too hard, so when running, the motor makes a light ticking noise that is audible at idle when everything else is silent (in a dead silent room in a quiet neighbourhood at midnight). What I do like is the slightly shallower blade angle which might? help with static pressure. I am still looking around for a good 120mm slim fan and will jump at any opportunity if I am given one. The Prolimatech looks good with a minimum 400 rpm. Wonder how silent it can be and how well the performs behind a filter.

In that pic the GPU side panel wasn't installed, but I've since put it on. Also yep, great eye--it's a GON Nerd TKL! My bae.
Very lovely board there! I use a KBT Pure with cherry red and a KC60 with gateron red, but not as fancy as a GON :)

Turn the fan upside down and test it again in pull configuration, you may get a surprise ;)
Now this is something that I will need to try...

Ideas for next testing opportunity
1) 120mm fan in reverse orientation. May need spacers to reduce fan blade turbulence with proximity to fins. Doesn't allow for filtered air intake though...
2) 92mm Noctua A9-14 compared to my gelid 120mm, maybe a more focused flow through the heatsink is better. I have briefly used the A9-14, but not had the chance to try it out formally yet for benchmarking.

And on another note, I somewhat remember that there was some testing done with a L9i or a ITX30 with a 25mm thick fan. How did this end up comparing performance wise?

Anyone with an ASUS z270i know if its possible to shut off the MOBOs LEDs? I only want the corsair strips to be lit in my case.

It was a left-over from my experimentations for my NCase build. I happened to buy 5 of these and had them hanging around as none of them made the cut for my NCase build. I was in the search for a quiet fan to have in the bottom under the GPU of the NCase, slim because it gave more room between the fan and the bottom panel for noise and airflow efficacy reasons, but because they were slim, they didn't pull as much air as a Scythe Gentle Typhoon, and were significantly noisier.

Back to the A4 - the Gelid slim is the only 120mm fan that fits because its slim, so some airflow is better than a 25mm thick not fitting. Compared to the A9-14, this fan does pull more air through the side panel by being a 120 vs a 92mm, but the question remains as to whether this is beneficial as airflow is only helpful when it passes over a surface we are trying to cool, or helps displace/remove hot air.

I am not particularly fond of this fan, its minimum RPM is quite high at 800 rpm, and its motor control circuitry switches on and off power to the coils a bit too hard, so when running, the motor makes a light ticking noise that is audible at idle when everything else is silent (in a dead silent room in a quiet neighbourhood at midnight). What I do like is the slightly shallower blade angle which might? help with static pressure. I am still looking around for a good 120mm slim fan and will jump at any opportunity if I am given one. The Prolimatech looks good with a minimum 400 rpm. Wonder how silent it can be and how well the performs behind a filter.

Thanks for the extensive breakdown!

The reason why I was asking is because I recently ordered a LP53 CPU cooler and I'm still on the fence whether I should go with the A9-14 Noctua fan which many people seem to have had good results with, or something a bit bigger like the size of your 120mm fan. :)

Anyone with an ASUS z270i know if its possible to shut off the MOBOs LEDs? I only want the corsair strips to be lit in my case.
yep it's possible its in the bios in advanced configuration => advanced => onboard devices configuration
Thanks for the extensive breakdown!

The reason why I was asking is because I recently ordered a LP53 CPU cooler and I'm still on the fence whether I should go with the A9-14 Noctua fan which many people seem to have had good results with, or something a bit bigger like the size of your 120mm fan. :)
Tried a 120mm fan with it and the noctua and it was the same temps for the lp53, but the noctua was SILENT. the 120mm fan was the one that came with the nexus soo it wasn't the best. if you have a better one try it.

Been lurking [H]ardForum for years now, figured I'd finally make an account.

Thank you Dan for this awesome case. I do frequent LAN parties here and there so this will definitely make life easier.

I didn't take photos during the build but there is really nothing special in there that hasn't been posted already.

Asus ROG Strix Z270I mini-ITX Motherboard
Intel Core-i5 6600K
Notuca NH-L9i CPU Cooler
16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
Corsair SF450 SFX PSU
Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
Samsung 850 Evo 1TB SSD
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD
SanDisk X400 1TB M.2 SSD (via USB 3.0 external enclosure)
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Replaced the feet with StarTech Rubberfeet (1-1/4" Diameter)
DeepCool RGB LED Strip

Cable management was a bit of a nightmare but I made it work. Will probably get some shorter cables soon from moddiy.com to clean up the insides a bit. I'll take some internal pictures then. :)

Again Dan, thank you.

I'll throw this over in the build thread as well.

zXlHXgT.jpg

wInKVDR.jpg

Do you mind telling me your temps for idle and load? I have similar build, haven't able to play around with it much yet but I noticed my idle temps are around 40-45.

And I've got two of them sitting in a box right next to me, waiting on my final parts to arrive. Torture! :(

I point of view for this: Pre-ordering from resellers requires to pay the case in advance in most cases as well, but this shouldn't be an issue as the resellers will get their cases in the summer as they were promised (right..?) If the production takes six months it should already be underway as we're four months away from the July date of the next batch. I think the community is more understanding with schedule changes and such when compared to resellers, because they have customers to answer directly to and they are purely doing a business. Concentrate your efforts on v2 and other upcoming products and let the resellers handle the distribution, that's what they are there for :)
Dear dondan
this is the 3st year i wish to build my first PC,
for some reasons or another one i still not obtain my PC,
I learned A4-SFX only when KS camapaign ends and the first time i saw your case i loved it. i waited so a lot of time to see it available at Caseking. in that period i visited your website almost 2-3 times every day(your website is the first suggestion on chrome landpage now) when finally the case become available i tried to buy it at 12:00am but caseking webserver goes down. i tried for 40 minutes and finally i completed the order but a failure mail arrived, it said the case was not available :(
Next disponibility was on 15.07.17 and i'm still waiting. But now i do not think i will get your case on that date because production does not already started, right? are you saying i will get my PC on 2018? it would be the 4th year without PC :(

o_O
build a system on/in the mobo box if you have to. why are you blaming him for YOU not building for 3 years?! that was YOUR choice to wait 3 YEARS and that really makes no sense. go buy some parts, put em together and USE/TEST them while you wait. but it is NOT HIS FAULT you decided to wait.:rolleyes:

Mcheddadi we are all waiting for prime95 temps!

well I did a 4.4ghz test on prime 95 and idle after 1 min was 30oC and load after 9 min was stabilised at 75C. I tried with a 120 mm fan in push and it dropped to 70C. i'm going to try to switch the noctua arround to see if it changes anything

looks like meccabolix's lp53 + noctua with no io sheild and 4mm standoffs is still king. i think the strix is also pretty restrictive on the air flow with all the mosfet and vrms heatsinks blocking the way.

ok tried the noctua in push behind the heatsink and its was worse, stopped at 80C as it was still climbing. guess 75C is my best with fan at 100% under prime 95

well I did a 4.4ghz test on prime 95 and idle after 1 min was 30oC and load after 9 min was stabilised at 75C. I tried with a 120 mm fan in push and it dropped to 70C. i'm going to try to switch the noctua arround to see if it changes anything

looks like meccabolix's lp53 + noctua with no io sheild and 4mm standoffs is still king. i think the strix is also pretty restrictive on the air flow with all the mosfet and vrms heatsinks blocking the way.

Yeah they are super annoying. I was hoping to get away with leaving them but I am not satisfied with my temps with the LP53 as is. I'm getting higher temps than you all. I have some tiny 3mm heatsinks on the way to replace them with, recommended by Philfreeze. I think he was going to remove them as well. Has anyone else done this?

Do you mind telling me your temps for idle and load? I have similar build, haven't able to play around with it much yet but I noticed my idle temps are around 40-45.

Hey there!

Hmm, I've never done a Prime95 test on this setup yet but looking at my CPU temp history in HWiNFO64 I usually idle at 37°C and my max was 73°C (most likely when gaming of course).
GPU Temp at idle temp hovers around 32°C-35°C and the absolute max temp hit was 78°C but max is usually around 75°C.
Motherboard temps idle at 35°C and max temp hit was 44°C.

There is an AC vent in the corner of the bedroom that blows air in the area where the case is and I usually have the A/C on so maybe that helps my temps. *shrug*

Hope that helped somewhat.

asrock x99 itx owners, how did you ziptie heatsink and fan? can post some pics please. it will be very helpful. thanks.

Dear dondan
this is the 3st year i wish to build my first PC,
for some reasons or another one i still not obtain my PC,
I learned A4-SFX only when KS camapaign ends and the first time i saw your case i loved it. i waited so a lot of time to see it available at Caseking. in that period i visited your website almost 2-3 times every day(your website is the first suggestion on chrome landpage now) when finally the case become available i tried to buy it at 12:00am but caseking webserver goes down. i tried for 40 minutes and finally i completed the order but a failure mail arrived, it said the case was not available :(

It is really difficult for you that you did not get what you want. You can not blame the artist for the concert selling out. Many people who have not been able to get hot cases get a cheap placeholder case, or DIY something to avoid wasting money. If you get a case that uses a full ATX power supply, just get an ATX-to-SFX adapter plate.

Next disponibility was on 15.07.17 and i'm still waiting. But now i do not think i will get your case on that date because production does not already started, right?

This part is right. If nothing moves faster in the next production/distribution run, guys like this will be denied the A4-SFX.

I do think the restock date on the websites should be changed to unknown or something. I paid for a case but then got an out of stock email. I decided not to get a refund because i figured i could wait till July. Seems to me like it could easily be Christmas before i get a case, maybe even longer... Perhaps I am wrong but i think Dan did it will be 6months just recently which would be September/October....

It is really difficult for you that you did not get what you want. You can not blame the artist for the concert selling out. Many people who have not been able to get hot cases get a cheap placeholder case, or DIY something to avoid wasting money. If you get a case that uses a full ATX power supply, just get an ATX-to-SFX adapter plate.

This part is right. If nothing moves faster in the next production/distribution run, guys like this will be denied the A4-SFX.

Beware, that Cougar-case seem to be a real piece of ****. Most reviews suggest the components (especially the GPU) are burning up due to lack of ventilation and air flow.
I have to admit, for that price tag it's intriguing to mod it to something useful though!

No formal figures yet (on paper, but not in this post yet) but some experimentation comes up with the following observations.

With an LP53 with stock thermal paste, Asus H97I Plus, no IO shield, stock mobo standoffs.

Noctua A9-14 - blowing into the case - Lets call this the reference.

1) Noctua A9-14 - blowing Out of the case - is hotter, maybe 5 degrees hotter. Slightly noisier due to blade interference with fins. Needs to be lifted off the heatsink to be quieter, but needs a 92mm duct to be fabricated.

2) Gelid 120mm - blowing into the case - louder and hotter than the noctua

3) Gelid 120mm - blowing out of the case - even hotter and even louder than the last test.

So the A9-14 is still the superior fan for the LP53 heatsink. My VRM heatsink free H97I Plus motherboard withthe LP53 orientated with the fins horizontal means the airflow is directed toward the back of the case. Without the IO shield, this means there is a relatively clear path for hot air to be driven out of the case, much more so than the top of the case. From an exhaust perspective, this works well as a natural exhaust and should certainly help with temps.

Interestingly, using the 120mm blowing into the case produces a notably reduced exhaust effect through the back IO area. Possibly because the outer diameter of the fan blows air onto the motherboard and disturbs the otherwise directed airflow that would have come from the heatsink fins.

I dont have software measuring motherboard temps, but the PCH heatsink measured by my multimeter, is at 55 degrees with the 120mm, and 65-70 degrees with the Noctua. The overflow airflow from the larger diameter fan does help with motherboard temps though.

I have not yet tried testing temps with the IO panel installed either. Probably not planning to yet, not until I have sorted out my experimentations with the fans first.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah they are super annoying. I was hoping to get away with leaving them but I am not satisfied with my temps with the LP53 as is. I'm getting higher temps than you all. I have some tiny 3mm heatsinks on the way to replace them with, recommended by Philfreeze. I think he was going to remove them as well. Has anyone else done this?

I replaced all MOSFET heatsinks to get some better airflow and it does help. If I can trust my thermal camera the maximal MOSFET die temperature should be no more than 120°C (running Furmark and Prime95) without any heatsinks. With heatsink this will probably drop bellow 110°C. This is well bellow Tjmax (150°C) even without the heatsinks, just bare in mind that this is without the side panel because I can't easily measure it with the side panel.

The same goes for the PCH btw. Its temperatures are even better without any heatsink.

I'm done with the main concept, and it's looking freaking awesome... but i'm in the refinement part now...

Will keep you guys updated when i'm done, i promise.

You better be fast! xD
I just visited my friend and gave him the 3D-model. He will print it this week (two parts) and fuse them together with some chemical stuff, I should have the finished thing next weekend.

Back