DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Really want to do my build next week but still haven't heard anything about AMD mini itx boards from any of the big names. (Only Biostar have announced so far).

Anyone have any ideas on when to expect some announcements or should i just stick with getting an 7700k and STRIX board?
Gigabyte talked about theirs on twitter the other day but there is no date or specs even rumoured. I read somewhere beginning of April but...

According to tracking mine was delivered earlier today. There were no updates between Frankfurt airport and local post office receiving it. US west coast.

Hey guys,

I got my case and put everything inside. Pics are in the album.

I cut the i/o shield with my dremel to fit a noctua 40mm fan. The dynatron t318 exhausts to the i/o port amd the psu so hopefully that'll help a little. I was able to keep the fan in place with the display port plastic covers from my gpu and it fits perfectly.

I was able to route the psu power cord and pci cords through the front ofthe case to minimize tye cable foot print.

I haven't powered it up yet but I will keep you guys updated.

PICS and Deadpool!!!

https://imgur.com/a/1kSaW

Where are people getting sleeved cables in such short lengths? (SF600 for reference) Cablemod? Ensourced? What length(s) worked for you?

For those anxiously waiting and are wondering about timeframes: my case was delivered two days ago (March 8th) -- I am in Southern California. It went from "origin post" to "delivered" with no update in between.

Hey guys,

I cut the i/o shield with my dremel to fit a noctua 40mm fan. The dynatron t318 exhausts to the i/o port amd the psu so hopefully that'll help a little. I was able to keep the fan in place with the display port plastic covers from my gpu and it fits perfectly.

I was able to route the psu power cord and pci cords through the front ofthe case to minimize tye cable foot print.

PICS and Deadpool!!!

pretty smart use of the 40mm fan!
also cables in the front is super smart! i'll do the exact same thing! props man!

Gigabyte talked about theirs on twitter the other day but there is no date or specs even rumoured. I read somewhere beginning of April but...
I'm not sure how much longer I can wait :/ my laptop is going to give out any day now....

On a separate note, The sf450 psu seemed to be the minimum choice with the 1080, which draws 180w.
The 1080ti is 250w, does that eliminate the sf450 from the equation?
Other components are Standard 7700k, 960 evolution m.2, 32gb ram etc etc

I'm not sure how much longer I can wait :/ my laptop is going to give out any day now....

On a separate note, The sf450 psu seemed to be the minimum choice with the 1080, which draws 180w.

You could run that since you won't be overclocking the CPU and gpu much. 600w would give you more leeway and ease of mind

It's been saying that for me since the first day I had USPS tracking.

Yup, same. In LA and its been a month since the DHL notices first went out, zero idea where the case is or when it will be shipping out. People seem to be getting shipment notices out of the blue so crossing fingers its soon.

You guys think the Dan case will run just fine with the new AMD chips and cards? Or to hot

I have a 1800X in box sitting next to my dancase in box.

I'm also 1 of the 8 lucky guys to have picked up the all copper axp100 cooler which should be here next week.

I'm also 1 of the 8 lucky guys to have picked up the all copper axp100 cooler which should be here next week.

"Lucky"? One of the eight poor blokes who are about to get mobbed for benchmarks, you mean. ;)

How do you plan on mounting the AXP-100 to the AM4 socket? I doubt that they are making an updated mount and selling it boxed.

Bought one on amazon for like $30, not terrible. Plan on undervolting the cpu as much as I can but just hate noise. Might attach a noctua fan or something.
The C7 without any modifications is really loud (but performs quite well). I swapped the fan with the Noctua 14mm one and it works okay, still quite audible after gaming for a while though - I am still considering getting shorter motherboard stand-offs...

Last edited:
Hey guys,

PICS and Deadpool!!!

Looking really nice! Thanks for the inspiration. How is the 40mm mounted? And the a9x14 - did I get the kit from noctua?

2qav5va.jpg

*_*

Looking really nice! Thanks for the inspiration. How is the 40mm mounted? And the a9x14 - did I get the kit from noctua?

lnV2xfO.jpg

I used a mini dusplay port plastic cover found on the back of my video card and wedged that between the fan and the lan connectors so it wouldn't move. I then placed a regular display port cover on the top so it wouldn't wiggle back and forth. It's a perfect fit with no wiggle and I can easily remove them to remove the fan.

Pics for exposure
ZXHpR5K.jpg

aDj7zSI.jpg

jaeo6u8.jpg

4BNZGcb.jpg

CNeg9cY.jpg

Hope the rest of you guys enjoy the pics.

450W is unsafe for a 1080Ti. From all the reviews I've seen, system wattage goes around 400w on full load for the Founder's Edition. If your PSU is old, it might have lost some capacity. It's a tight fit, not a risk I'd be comfortable with.

I'm using 3 HDDs (2 in cage and one in front mount) with SF450. If you are going with 2 drives only it is better to split them, but if using 3 is doable.
I'm impressed then that you were able to bend the PSU wires to actually connect to the HDDs in the cage. They're right-angle connectors and they're in the wrong direction (and too stiff) so despite my best efforts I wasn't able to make it work that way.

just 10 mins should do.

if you add the results to HERE it will help others in finding which is the best cooler for their cpu.

cheers

Well, I built the computer and brought it to my girlfriends place and I forgot to bring a power cord. It'll have to wait till Monday.

I'm impressed then that you were able to bend the PSU wires to actually connect to the HDDs in the cage. They're right-angle connectors and they're in the wrong direction (and too stiff) so despite my best efforts I wasn't able to make it work that way.
I had the same issue.
I struggle for about two hours, and just managed to squeeze all the cables.
It's not easy, but it is doable.
I used default SF600 cables, but having custom sleeving cable will be much easier.

Yeah, but unfortunately there's no word of when it will be released. Hopefully AM4 itx boards will start to get released in just a few weeks. But I want one now! :-(

After game tests and also answer from Gigabyte in Sweden that Mitx comes to summer time i dont have the patience to wait.

I'm waiting until Intel coffeelake comes out to build my Dan A4. I hope that the AMS 1600X delivers better for gaming.

450W is unsafe for a 1080Ti. From all the reviews I've seen, system wattage goes around 400w on full load for the Founder's Edition. If your PSU is old, it might have lost some capacity. It's a tight fit, not a risk I'd be comfortable with.

Sf450has Ben tested here and showed to be able to go 500w no prob. High quality Japanese caps. You can run a Titan x with 7700k no prob.

Hello guys,
By now, we have 111 submitted results: https://do cs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aZfTysWc4dtJC33qkLCjLkhPnzVLtbCtjpxoZeT92ZA/edit#gid=0
I just wanted to thank you for your participation.

After all that testing I am curious at which setting you let your CPU run. Here is my setup:
i5-3570k @ 4300 Mhz / NH-L9i @ max 1900rpm (15°C below Tjmax)

Reactions: Jspr
like this
You guys think the Dan case will run just fine with the new AMD chips and cards? Or to hot

I think the CPU and GPU don't have a Problem with this. I am just curious if isolating the PSU with e.g. foam would help to keep it cool and quiet

!!! I cannot for the life of me decide which one to get. Cryorig C7 or Noctua LH-L9I!!!
The TLDR for this forum has been that the Noctua is a lot quieter, but Cryorig looks more aesthetic/better color (at least in my opinion) and cheaper.

Can you guys please help me decide, because for the love of god, I personally can't. Cheers.

(Note, I have a i5-6600)

Last edited:
Hello guys,
By now, we have 111 submitted results: https://do cs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aZfTysWc4dtJC33qkLCjLkhPnzVLtbCtjpxoZeT92ZA/edit#gid=0
I just wanted to thank you for your participation.

After all that testing I am curious at which setting you let your CPU run. Here is my setup:
i5-3570k @ 4300 Mhz / NH-L9i @ max 1900rpm (15°C below Tjmax)

fix the link i can't even handle seeing this anymore

Don't buy the C7. It's stupidly loud.

LP53+NF-A9x14 has the best performence
NH-L9i is slightly worse but the setup is far cleaner.
If you don't want to invest that 'much' money, use the boxed cooler. That one will do the job for now.

Last edited:
Back