DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Best I can do is an after picture. Maybe I will have to bend another one in the next few days (or when I get the full copper version). I will take some pictures of the process when I do it again.
I can also talke some pictures to show you how I did it without actually bending the heat pipes again if you want.

That would be amazing.

I'm installing my parts tonight, and it seems the ram is to tight with the L9i and the Strix Z270i. The ram i'm using is G.SKILL TridentZ Series https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HFR96OQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Anyone have this setup with similar ram? One stick works, two does not.

Yes I am using the same set up. Two sticks works just fine. They sort of touch but it's ok. No impact to temps or performance. See pic.

edit: I just realized I do have the new TridentZ RGB RAM, so maybe it's ever so slightly thinner than yours?

Attachments

• BEA8EE3F-2D54-459D-8E4A-E51F7A7BE8CD.jpg
    BEA8EE3F-2D54-459D-8E4A-E51F7A7BE8CD.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My nexus finally came, I am still using the same 6700K @4.4Ghz with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste, here are the test results:

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan pulling air in, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 800 RPM

Full speed: 2200 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus sucking in a9x14 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus sucking in a9x14 stress.JPG

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan pushing air out, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle temps:

nexus pushing out a9x14 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus pushing out a9x14 stress.JPG

Not bad, but not as good as the LP53 unfortunately, also it's a little bit noisier.

The temps are about as good as the LP53 with a9x14 with the low noise adapter, but obviously the LP53 with a9x14 with low noise adapter is completely silent (it's currently my choice combo until Dan's cooler comes out)

San Francisco here, and still no word from USPS or DHL since Frankfurt. The trend seems to be moving steadily westward, so hopefully my A4 will make a surprise appearance in the next couple days...
Pennsylvania here, still haven't seen any updates since Frankfurt but maybe I am the exception.

Am I the only one here who thinks that complaining about shipment updates and delays does absolutely not have its place on this forum thread?

These are personal issues that don't concern everyone, have no bearing on the hardware itself, are of little interest to others and dilute the thread's reading time for people who have to basically sift through useless clutter.

I had a couple questions for shipping, I took them directly to Dan via KickStarter, and they got answered.

Please be considerate : unless you have some ground-braking tip (such as dealing with expensive customs for ex) keep the administrative side of things on the KickStarter platform.

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with ty100 fan pulling air in, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 810 RPM

Full speed: 2500 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus sucking in ty100 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus sucking in ty100 stress.JPG

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with ty100 fan pushing air out, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle speed: 810 RPM

Full speed: 2500 RPM

Idle temps:

nexus pushing out ty100 idle.JPG

Prime95 temps:

nexus pushing out ty100 stress.JPG

As you can see, the Nexus with the ty100 cooler pulling air in gives me the lowest temperatures yet, but only by 1°C lower than the lp53 with a9x14 with 4mm standoffs in the vertical orientation. It's quite a bit louder than the Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan, but not as loud as the C7. it is very large, i had to remove the heat sinks from my trident Z's to fit it onto the motherboard. i would try a 120mm fan but i'm afraid my trident Z's are too tall.

It's not horrible. Of course we're talking about the black version.
Well, I guess that depends on each individual's perspiration.
It's brushed aluminum, and that doesn't like fingerprints in general.
See for yourself.

Attachments

• 2017-03-08 14.46.15 HDR (960x1280).jpg
    2017-03-08 14.46.15 HDR (960x1280).jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 75
Looks like my case will be delivered today :) It finally hit my local post office in NY (Long Island).

Looks like my case will be delivered today :) It finally hit my local post office in NY (Long Island).

Congrats! Still nothing from the garden state, except one user got his monday...very strange.

I think next time there should be an option to pay extra for faster shipping. Didn't think the anticipation would be this painful while staring at a stagnant shipment tracking for the last 3 weeks. USPS sucks as always. DHL got me an item from Japan in three days so I don't know what's up with them.

Garden state checking in, mine is in the state and scheduled to be delivered today.

Yes I am using the same set up. Two sticks works just fine. They sort of touch but it's ok. No impact to temps or performance. See pic.

edit: I just realized I do have the new TridentZ RGB RAM, so maybe it's ever so slightly thinner than yours?
Thanks. I'm trying to figure out if i have a bad ram stick or a bad ram slot. I wouldn't think touching the heatsink would be a big deal.

finally got a reply and he told me the axp-100 are no longer available at 1030pm pacific standard time :(, but he asked why i wanted it and why others wanted it too, i told him a lot of people are interested in alternative cooling methods with full copper, maybe they'll make more for us?

finally got a reply and he told me the axp-100 are no longer available at 1030pm pacific standard time :(, but he asked why i wanted it and why others wanted it too, i told him a lot of people are interested in alternative cooling methods with full copper, maybe they'll make more for us?

I was able to get one last night.

@Kickstarter backers: Please stop posts about Kickstarter shipments. If you have questions ask me on Kickstarter or use the comments section in the Kickstarter campaign to talk about that topic with other backers. Normally you will have your answer after a day or less. This thread is not a Kickstarter support thread! If you got your case you can post that, but this is the wrong place for tracking links and shipment support questio. If this will not stop I will report that posts. Please be patient everyone will get his A4-SFX.

Please back to topic! :)

Last edited:
I was able to get one last night.
ugh i was so bummed, i sent an email at 430pm and get a reply at 1030 that they got nothing left :( oh well, it wasnt meant to be, the copper color would have offset the aesthetic i am trying to pull off.

@Kickstarter backers: Please stop posts about Kickstarter shipments. If you have questions ask me on Kickstarter or use the comments section in the Kickstarter campaign to talk about that topic with other backers. Normally you will have your answer after a day or less. This thread is not a Kickstarter support thread! If you got your case you can post that, but this is the wrong place for tracking links and shipment support questio. If this will not stop I will report that posts. Please be patient everyone will get his A4-SFX.

Please back to topic! :)

I'm pretty sure no one was asking for support from you. It's just about people being excited about getting their cases, and wondering where they might be in cases where others in same areas had gotten them already.

yep, this thread has become it's own thing. can't control it anymore lol. freedom haha
anyways i'm going to go bend my axp-100 copper now. btw philifreeze there's nothing to cut on the copper one. it's not like the axp-100 H that has a little support bracket.

wish me luck guys!

just got the system booted last night, and with a 6700K/Strix Z270/Noctura L9i and my idle temps were 38-40 just sitting in bios with no side panels. Is this to high? Should i reapply the thermal paste? I used the included Noctura paste.

just got the system booted last night, and with a 6700K/Strix Z270/Noctura L9i and my idle temps were 38-40 just sitting in bios with no side panels. Is this to high? Should i reapply the thermal paste? I used the included Noctura paste.

High bios temps are normal. In windows/whatever OS you have the CPU will be using its powersaving features and idle temps will lower. I have 40c temps in bios and low 30'S high 20's in Windows.

Update:

Currently I work on the poll for the window kit. I think I will offer the link in the next days. So I can finalize the drawings and make it ready on the same time the second series will be ready.

Furthermore I work on some tiny changes for the second series:

1.) switching from glued screw in motherboard stand off to stamp in stand offs.
2.) center the USB port perfectly.
3.) adding a thin rubber layer on the outer surface of the feets to get more grip
4.) Taking a look at this riser ( http://www.vary.technology/product/RP33.html) or the new riser of Lian Li to lower the price (but only if they have the same performance, quality and properties)

My nexus finally came, I am still using the same 6700K @4.4Ghz with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste, here are the test results:

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan pulling air in, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle temps:

View attachment 18820

Prime95 temps:

View attachment 18821

Nexus LOW-7000 R2 with a9x14 fan pushing air out, 4mm standoffs, in dan a4-sfx case:

Idle temps:

View attachment 18822

Prime95 temps:

View attachment 18823

Not bad, but not as good as the LP53 unfortunately, also it's a little bit noisier.

The temps are about as good as the LP53 with a9x14 with the low noise adapter, but obviously the LP53 with a9x14 with low noise adapter is completely silent (it's currently my choice combo until Dan's cooler comes out)

Nice to hear my Cooltek LP53 comes tomorrow from Germany. I think i will test without the adapter for lowest temps.

I would ditch the low noise adapter and just use your mobo's PWM features to mess with fan speeds anyways. Why gimp yourself?

mcheddadi Ok I see how you did it. It looks like there is not enough space for the rentention plate? The CPU plate isn't centered it will be hard to reach the screws on the rentention plate trough the holes on the fin surface.

Waiting for results. :)

Idle temps:

View attachment 18820

Prime95 temps:

View attachment 18821

Idle temps:

View attachment 18822

Prime95 temps:

View attachment 18823

Thank you for your test results. I looked into your previous posts, but did not find a test of the NH-L9i. Did I miss that or was there no test from you? Do you plan to test this cooler?

mcheddadi Ok I see how you did it. It looks like there is not enough space for the rentention plate? The CPU plate isn't centered it will be hard to reach the screws on the rentention plate trough the holes on the fin surface.

Waiting for results. :)

yeah I forgot about the retention plate lol. it wasn't that hard to make space by bending the pipes so I'm thinking that 2mm more definitely won't be a problem when I need to install it. still waiting for that case, stuck in parcel center in Rodgau since the 3rd of march. :/

Back