DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

you gotta bend the heatpipes up to fit the fan bellow. i'll test it without the panel first

What is the best way to Bend the heatpipes without destroy them.

Cooper is alot softer i think then other metall. Do you heat them up and then change the angle of them to get the Tower higher up ?

V039p7E.png

The wait and lack of updates is driving my crazy, can't believe how slow it is.

lol oh boy there was 7 left after me. I think it's going to go all the way to zero before the end of the day lol

they're probably raising the price since it's gaining more interest, and/or have very few left.
Ahh! now im nervous, gotta get home from work to try and get one, i was going for a white and green build but maybe i'll change to white and copper/bronze color aesthetic.

What is the best way to Bend the heatpipes without destroy them.

Cooper is alot softer i think then other metall. Do you heat them up and then change the angle of them to get the Tower higher up ?

you heat with a heat gun (optional) and slowly bend it while being wary of any sign of kinkage. shouldn't be to hard

hey dan! how about you contact varick from thermalright. they might be tempted to jump onboard the dan HSLP-48 now that 8 copper heatsink just disapered (are disappearing ;) ) overnight from their old engineering stock. there is a demand, and they are seeing it even on their official facebook page now.

hey dan! how about you contact varick from thermalright. they might be tempted to jump onboard the dan HSLP-48 now that 8 copper heatsink just disapered (are disappearing ;) ) overnight from their old engineering stock. there is a demand, and they are seeing it even on their official facebook page now.
did they run out already?

first I need to receive the case, but then i'll bend the pipes of the heatsink or modifiy the sidepanel to have a bump or an opening or i'll use spacers. we'll see

Hi! What about M.2 temps on the backside, with 3M under the mainboard and 4mm spacers? Not sure: 270I Strix or Fatal1ty Gaming-ITX/ac? Just ordered AXP-100H and 4mm spacers. Strix offers nice, cool dual M.2 on top and (maybe?) better OC + RGB header, but Fatal1ty has the better connectivity (TB3, SATAx, DP 1.2, HDMI 2.0, M.2, 6x SATA) M.2 temps should be ok anyway.... What do yolu think? Anyone with a Fatal1ty here, yet?

Bending the heatpipes is quite easy, you don't have to bend them by a lot and copper is really soft.
I personally used a small diameter steel pipe I had lying around which I just taped to the heatpipes and bent them around the steel pipe, this worked without leaving any marks which is nice.
(The pipe had an outer diameter of about 1cm I would say)

Bending the heatpipes is quite easy, you don't have to bend them by a lot and copper is really soft.
I personally used a small diameter steel pipe I had lying around which I just taped to the heatpipes and bent them around the steel pipe, this worked without leaving any marks which is nice.
(The pipe had an outer diameter of about 1cm I would say)

I would love to see some before/after pictures of whatever you bent :D

My case arrived already in NY, like 1 or 2 days after i received shipping info!

build went well - wish internal power cable connector was flipped (see photo) (i have corsair sf600)
Not much room for psu cables

just had it powered on a couple minutes - there is some fan noise i think coming from my cpu cooler - (cryorig c7)
louder than i would like

even with the noise the case is amazingly small and looks fantastic - very happy and impressed with it!

http://imgur.com/a/1Gk9M

I could only just now send in my question on the full-copper heatsink availability, hope there's still one left.

My build

i7-7700K
ASUS ROG Strix Z270I
G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) F4-4266
Intel SSD 600P 256GB
Corsair SF450
AMD Vega when released

Seem ok? Im still on the wall for a good cooler
Im planning on getting a delid mate 2 and liquid ultra + Silicon glue for the IHS and keep stock intel cooler until i see a better alternative.

Case should arrive in the next few days, been in australia for the past week.

I don't see much reason to get the 600p vs the MX300 if you're looking for cheap M.2. If you want a drive that is actually capable of NVMe-like speeds, splurge for the 960. Otherwise, the MX300 is cheaper and despite being a SATA m.2, in benches it still either outperforms the 600p or is very very close to it. See e.g. anandtech's review. I went for 2 MX300's myself, to take advantage of the z270i dual M.2 slots.

I don't see much reason to get the 600p vs the MX300 if you're looking for cheap M.2. If you want a drive that is actually capable of NVMe-like speeds, splurge for the 960. Otherwise, the MX300 is cheaper and despite being a SATA m.2, in benches it still either outperforms the 600p or is very very close to it. See e.g. anandtech's review. I went for 2 MX300's myself, to take advantage of the z270i dual M.2 slots.

It is indeed a much better $/Gb
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compar...M2-512GB-vs-Crucial-MX300-525GB/m168978vs3643
I wonder how important is 4K read and write is for gaming

*Edit
Settled, 250 960 Evo
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compar...0p-Series-NVMe-PCIe-M2-256GB/m200373vsm169054

I have a backup NAS for extra space 250GB should be enough for me.

Last edited:
Good choice! I wanted 2 TB total myself so the 960's, even for one, didn't make sense for me.

Seem ok? Im still on the wall for a good cooler
Im planning on getting a delid mate 2 and liquid ultra + Silicon glue for the IHS and keep stock intel cooler until i see a better alternative.

The K series chips don't come with a stock cooler.

San Francisco here, and still no word from USPS or DHL since Frankfurt. The trend seems to be moving steadily westward, so hopefully my A4 will make a surprise appearance in the next couple days...

My case arrived already in NY, like 1 or 2 days after i received shipping info!

build went well - wish internal power cable connector was flipped (see photo) (i have corsair sf600)
Not much room for psu cables

just had it powered on a couple minutes - there is some fan noise i think coming from my cpu cooler - (cryorig c7)
louder than i would like

even with the noise the case is amazingly small and looks fantastic - very happy and impressed with it!

http://imgur.com/a/1Gk9M

Easily solved by removing the PSU bracket, plugging in the cable and then re-assemble the PSU bracket...

k86DKtG.jpg

Dodan, is there any update when you think the USB type C connector would be available? I had a small accident today after changing cpu cooler, when pulling out the USB connector it pulled some pins with it from the mainbord :( (asusz270I user)

San Francisco here, and still no word from USPS or DHL since Frankfurt. The trend seems to be moving steadily westward, so hopefully my A4 will make a surprise appearance in the next couple days...

Being in the same city, we'll get ours hopefully at the same time. But last

Just got a reply, he says the axp won't fit the dan case. And was quoted $150 USD with fan.
it fill fit if you bend the heat pipes a bit which is quite easy, you don't have to bend them a lot since the cooler isn't that much too high. Then you also have to remove the little thingy under the main part of the heatsink so you can install the fan. This is also quite easy to do (just cut it off).

I just got an email from him and told me that there are only three (3) AXP-100 Copper left.
I got an e-Mail from him today and in which he says there is only one left, I bought it.

I would love to see some before/after pictures of whatever you bent :D
Best I can do is an after picture. Maybe I will have to bend another one in the next few days (or when I get the full copper version). I will take some pictures of the process when I do it again.
I can also talke some pictures to show you how I did it without actually bending the heat pipes again if you want.

Dodan, is there any update when you think the USB type C connector would be available? I had a small accident today after changing cpu cooler, when pulling out the USB connector it pulled some pins with it from the mainbord :( (asusz270I user)

The design is final, I have the price and I also have the minimum order quantity. The quantity is 2000. Currently this is to high for only one existing motherboard with internal 3.1 header. So I put this on hold. Maybe I will reactivate it end of 2017.

Philfreeze Please give us a picture. Do you bend it in that way the heatsink is lower or higher? If you bend it down you need 7-8mm if you bend it up you need 7-9mm.

Last edited:
Anyone with the case able to comment on how easily it picks up fingerprints?
It's pretty good actually, I can see some vague smudges but you really don't have to worry about picking it up or anything like that. Silver case btw

Back