DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Do you have the normal one aswell?
You could finally answer the question how much of a difference full copper makes vs copper with aluminium fins.
Would be awesome and it would also help Dan to decide if his cooler should go for full copper.
Yep got both! I'll see if I'm motivated lol

Hey halcyon-1. I'm in Melbourne and mine got delivered this morning!

Lucky you! I'm the guy who shared his tracking information. I'm in Melbourne too. Hasn't arrived yet, but I'm confident it'll be here this afternoon or tomorrow.

Edit: Just got my case as I posted this. It's beautiful! To the other backers waiting, it'll be worth the wait!

Last edited:
For those of you that ordered CableMod cables, how long did shipping take?

I asked two days ago and they estimated that mine should ship about a week and a half from now. That was their estimate at least. I ordered sometime in mid February I think. But there was a delay in everyone's order because they were switching their warehouse or something, it was the splash page on their website when I ordered, so my ship time isn't going to be representative.

Last edited:
My tracking still shows it's in Germany. I used to think DHL was fast because everything that ships DHL from China gets to me in like three days, but I guess they can be extremely slow.

From what others are posting I think it won't update for whatever reason until it is delivered or arrives at your nearest USPS facility and goes out for delivery. So it's probably skipping a bunch of steps in the meantime which is aggravating for those of us obsessing over when it will arrive (me), but it will probably mean we all get a nice random surprise sometime soon...

It doesn't make sense that USPS wouldn't update their tracking at all. I've never seen that happen with them.

5 more days till the 1 month anniversary of receiving our tracking number! Truly living up to your namesake, Day-and-a Half Late

I've never seen that happen either. I was expecting the usual "arrived in x, moved to y, on a truck from z," yada yada after Frankfurt. For whatever reason, it does not look like that is happening with people's tracking.

Unfortunately, you can add me to the backers who did not get any shipping info. I'm hoping for a surprise computer case at my door tomorrow.

Boston here. Case arrived today. The USPS page only updated when it had arrived at my local distribution center. You likely won't know what day it is coming until that morning. There was no update that it had left Germany or arrived in the US, just that it arrived at my local distribution center and that it was scheduled for delivery that day.

That's good to hear. I see no updated status on the USPS tracking site, for all I can tell its still in Germany waiting to be shipped out. Hopefully it arrives this week

Guys, someone on reddit posted that his Cryorig C7 temps dropped by using the backplate instead of the washers.

Could be worth a try?

Is it difficult to change the feet after building the PC? Like if I decide to switch them after the fact, will I have to remove the motherboard, GPU, and PSU to get to them again?

No it isn't. I did change the feet after installing the hardware. Just use a ratchet

Guys, someone on reddit posted that his Cryorig C7 temps dropped by using the backplate instead of the washers.

Could be worth a try?

What? Is this even a thing, to not use the backplate?

Personally i just used it..didnt realise there were people not doing it. The c7 backplate does suck a little though..it puts a lot of stress on the motherboard itself. Be careful not to overtighten

It's a pity the back plate isn't compatible with my Strix z270i :(

How is that so? It works fine with my strix z270i. Make sure you use the backplate with the intel label facing up and dont overtighten the nuts (which may bend the motherboard). The m2 slot is clear and everything bolts into place just fine. Here it is pictured..im using the c7 heatsink with the noctua fan

32419972614_cb98c2d20f_h.jpg

I'll have another crack at it this weekend then. I just couldn't seem to get the backplate to sit flush against the motherboard at all.

I'll have another crack at it this weekend then. I just couldn't seem to get the backplate to sit flush against the motherboard at all.

Yeah i can see where you're coming from, it takes a little wiggling and adjusting the heatsink angle till it gets just right, then putting a little force on the backplate so the nuts will connect, one by one. The c7 backplate design is a little shitty but it will work fine

I have the ASUS z170 i pro gaming board and i had to carve out some of the backplate of the c7 to make clearance for a set of chips. The backplate was quite carve friendly.

What? Is this even a thing, to not use the backplate?

Personally i just used it..didnt realise there were people not doing it. The c7 backplate does suck a little though..it puts a lot of stress on the motherboard itself. Be careful not to overtighten
I had to use the washers with my Asus z170i because there are large components on the back of the motherboard that interfere with the backplate. It's impossible to get it to sit flush, thus impossible to tighten evenly. After seeing that reddit post I may try to find a fix.

I had to use the washers with my Asus z170i because there are large components on the back of the motherboard that interfere with the backplate. It's impossible to get it to sit flush, thus impossible to tighten evenly. After seeing that reddit post I may try to find a fix.
Like i said above, you can easily carve out the backplate with a knife to make room fort those components.

What do you guys think about the EVGA 1080 ti FTW 3?

looks like the new ICX cooler is 3 x 100mm fans and this case has a max GPU size of 295mm without bracket.

Cannot see it fitting in terms of length. The 1080 classified was only 277mm

Just got a package from thermalright :)
you can go directly to 2:03 if you don't feel like watching the unboxing

Can't wait to test it out.

That's so pretty, but It won't fit, isn't it?
Is there a copper version of AXP100 H?

Nope, and my tracking hasn't changed yet either. It's kinda weird that some people got them yesterday, in the same state, but others have zero tracking activity since they left Germany.

Yeah I'm near the new england area and figured today would be the day. The tracking site is BAD.

My tracking hasn't updated since Germany either. West coast delivery.

Still no sign of movement on the tracking info. Probably would have been better to set our sights on Summer 17, then anything would have been a pleasant surprise

Back