DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

I'm outside of Chicago and my tracking just updated that it's near my local post office. FYI for about 10 days there were zero tracking updates, so sit tight.

I can send them to you from the UK. I'm about to order a set. Anyone else want them? I would ship from London and through regular mail.. Might take up to 10 business days to the US.

Thanks! but I ordered off ebay already. Just curious how much could you get them for?

Is it difficult to change the feet after building the PC? Like if I decide to switch them after the fact, will I have to remove the motherboard, GPU, and PSU to get to them again?

Mine's also going to NY, but seems to have gotten stuck, since I'd think they'd all have come in together.

d1pWsX9.png

aww yeah. Looks like mine is delivering today (US). Building tonight then.

View attachment 18625

Mine's also going to NY, but seems to have gotten stuck, since I'd think they'd all have come in together.

d1pWsX9.png

Just looking at the other tracking update from New York posted here, it looks like yours was processed through the facility a day later than the one that made it to NY today.

Just looking at the other tracking update from New York posted here, it looks like yours was processed through the facility a day later than the one that made it to NY today.

Yeah, I saw that as well. But just figured they'd all leave the country on the same shipment, since they were dropped off the same day, but processing them all took a day or so. I'm not exactly sure how it works, just assume they wouldn't made multiple shipments to the same origin point.. figure they would wait to process them all first. But who knows.

West coast, mine has not updated beyond Frankfurt yet. It arrived there on the 27th. Nice to see some US backers getting their cases, this means the rest of us yanks are probably not far behind.

West coast, mine has not updated beyond Frankfurt yet. It arrived there on the 27th. Nice to see some US backers getting their cases, this means the rest of us yanks are probably not far behind.

Same here. West coast with no update since Frankfurt on the 27th. I was expecting that though because it (obviously) takes more time to get to the west coast. Fingers crossed it happens in the next few days!

you gotta bend the heatpipes up to fit the fan bellow. i'll test it without the panel first

Just got my Dan Case delivered in New Jersey. I would expect the rest of the USA cases to be delivered by this weeks end. Can't wait to see what cool builds people post.

Great, now I'm not going to be able to do anything other than refresh my USPS tracking webpage all day! ;)

Posted a question about replacement antennas for the ASUS Z270I Strix board here: https://hardforum.com/threads/asus-wi-fi-go-module-replacement-antenna-options.1926585/

I know people have discussed this in this thread earlier, but didn't see a lot of options that would work for both Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi. If any of you know a bit about this topic I'd appreciate if you could hop on over to the other thread and provide some insight. Thanks!

Just got my Dan Case delivered in New Jersey. I would expect the rest of the USA cases to be delivered by this weeks end. Can't wait to see what cool builds people post.
My tracking still shows the last update as sitting at the airport in Germany. :(

My tracking still shows the last update as sitting at the airport in Germany. :(

From what others are posting I think it won't update for whatever reason until it is delivered or arrives at your nearest USPS facility and goes out for delivery. So it's probably skipping a bunch of steps in the meantime which is aggravating for those of us obsessing over when it will arrive (me), but it will probably mean we all get a nice random surprise sometime soon...

What do you guys think about the EVGA 1080 ti FTW 3?
I really like the looks of it considering it appears to be a 2 slot card and not a 2.5 slot card like the 1080 Ti Strix. Just wish I new when it will be available for ordering and the price, and if it would fit in the A4.

Reporting from NC, USA here, my case has arrived. I thought my NCASE was small but this is amazing! Super awesome work dondan!

Also wow I need shorter cables.

Reporting from NC, USA here, my case has arrived. I thought my NCASE was small but this is amazing! Super awesome work dondan!

Also wow I need shorter cables.
Shoot I'm in VA. Hope my case comes soon! Might show up tomorrow considering I'm not near a large metro area.

Boston here. Case arrived today. The USPS page only updated when it had arrived at my local distribution center. You likely won't know what day it is coming until that morning. There was no update that it had left Germany or arrived in the US, just that it arrived at my local distribution center and that it was scheduled for delivery that day.

Just got a package from thermalright :)
you can go directly to 2:03 if you don't feel like watching the unboxing

Can't wait to test it out.

Do you have the normal one aswell?
You could finally answer the question how much of a difference full copper makes vs copper with aluminium fins.
Would be awesome and it would also help Dan to decide if his cooler should go for full copper.

One box on my porch that was the same size as the case m1 box that arrived a couple years ago. Panic. Where the second box. Opened.it up.and both were in it. Can't truly appreciate the scale of size if its not in person. Amazing!

Awesome news. My case was delivered lst wednesday. Well that is what usps.com says. I have nohing. The tracking number says it should be in the box but it is empty. Has anyone here had this happen to them? I went to my usps and they left a note to the driver. Any suggestions?

Did dondan insure any of the packages? I really don't want to be out of $280 and the case.

Awesome news. My case was delivered lst wednesday. Well that is what usps.com says. I have nohing. The tracking number says it should be in the box but it is empty. Has anyone here had this happen to them? I went to my usps and they left a note to the driver. Any suggestions?

Did dondan insure any of the packages? I really don't want to be out of $280 and the case.

scary stuff my dude, but it sounds like ur SOL until summer.

A little confession: I feel a bit of regret about sharing my idea... Now i'm not gonna be the only one with cool looking cables ;)

Good bye my only chance for the Hall of Fame :(

You shouldn't regret it. Ideas like that are excellent contributions to the SFF community and great for inspiring folks like myself to try something new. Many thanks!

On that note, I'm not shy to rewire and fiddle around with household item cabels, but how difficult is is to do your own custom cables? My main concern is a sudden gust of smoke from the case i.e. one wire in the wrong order or something like that.

This was my first custom cabling project - and it did take some work. I probably spent around 10 hours on the 3 cables I did. A lot of that was messing things up and re-doing it, so now that I've got a bit of practice in it would be quicker to do again - but still around 4 hours I reckon.

I don't really know how risky it is (i.e. what's the worst case scenario if you mess it up). I did make a mistake with the EPS cable pinout initially - and when I tried to power the system on I got a click and then nothing. But after reviewing the pin locations again and fixing it, it worked fine. Lesson learned there for me was take your time confirming pin placement - and not late at night when you're not thinking straight.

I spent a fair while watching youtube clips on how to do it to prepare. The ones by lutro0 and SingularityComputers were particularly useful. And I got a MDPC-X crimp tool and ATX pin extraction tool which are both excellent.

When you factor in tools and materials, ordering custom cables online is definitely cost-effective and a lot less hassle. But it was fun dabbling with doing it myself. Certainly makes you feel like your build is really yours when you've invested that extra effort in it.

You sure you have the correct tracking number? Because it's odd that you'd get your case a week before others, who were likely all on the same shipment from Germany.

Yikes. You mean the Dan box is empty or your post office box is empty? If the latter it could be a tracking snafu, I've had things say "delivered" before and sometimes not show up for a day or two...and I agree it is odd that your shows up as delivered way before the rest of the US shipments?

Over at the kickstarter page Dan says these are insured shipments.

Well, turns out i f'd up. It somehow linked me to a previous package when I pasted the dhl tracking #.

Back