DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

35.95 mm from bottom to tower, So no problem there.

31.24 mm for Ram on normal low profile DDR4.

So its 4.85 mm clearence there.

I may be intepreting it wrong, I thought the 35.95mm reading is from the bottom of the bolts, which would be on the back of the mobo, and the 29mm is from the where the cooler meets the actual top of the motherboard.

I may be intepreting it wrong, I thought the 35.95mm reading is from the bottom of the bolts, which would be on the back of the mobo, and the 29mm is from the where the cooler meets the actual top of the motherboard.

CPU are a bit higher than the motherboard always thats why the Bolts are there to get it upp from the motherboard and in the hight of the Cpu.

So the hight are 35.95 mm from the motherboard , check installation guide.

http://www.cooljagusa.com/uploadfiles/cc201102222058135626.pdf

You are correct, thanks! Should have thought to look at the manual, duh.

Jeeez christ please resize the pictures. Even on a 4K monitor it is a pita when users upload pictures that big. Resize them to 1280x, so that they work for pretty much everybody.

I'm happy with these temperatures and even more with the sound the GPU fans and the Noctua NH-L9i makes - yes, hearable but no jet-engine - after playing Doom for several hours.

i7 7700K at default clock with a Noctua NH-L9i and a Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX on a Asus MAXIMUS VIII IMPACT...

DHtloGVl.png

Isn't 86 C a bit hot though? I'm hitting 81C while playing DOOM on a C7 with a delid 7700k. I would expect more from the delid :(. Maybe I need to reapply thermal paste on the CPU cooler side.

1. Can I install this fan if on my jag if I take the heat sinks off of my tridentz? (Asus Strix Z270i mobo)

2. Is there a consensus on the best 120mm for this use case for silence/efficient cooling?

Sorry if this was already mentioned, this thread is getting super active.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Can I install this fan if on my jag if I take the heat sinks off of my tridentz? (Asus Strix Z270i mobo)

2. Is there a consensus on the best 120mm for this use case for silence/efficient cooling?

Sorry if this was already mentioned, this thread is getting super active.

I got this fan on the way and the nexus cooler (almost Same as yours) and the same mobo. i'll tell you when I receive the fan, but i'm thinking that you can't unless you bend and grind and unscrew. we'll see lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just got my CooJag Falcon II. The copper base is attached to the heatpipes somehow (soldered?), I can't see any solder but it seems to be attached well.

The aluminum heatspreader fins are part of the aluminum base that screws to the copper. I don't have a pic but they were easy to bend back and forth and remove.

I'm planning to put this on my Asus Strix Z270i later tonight. I have a Noctua A9x14 fan ready too.

Vf8THeS.png

MlTATTf.png

CDNHFw1.png

Do you think there would be an issue running the bare heatpipes withiout the top aluminium section?

Maybe poor heat dissipation accross the pipes?

Jeeez christ please resize the pictures. Even on a 4K monitor it is a pita when users upload pictures that big. Resize them to 1280x, so that they work for pretty much everybody.

This request seems better suited for the [H] mods to adjust/modify the forum software to resize on upload (or display) than to try and control every user on here.. It's only going to make you upset to expect humans to reliably do what computers are really &#*$&#* good at :)

Do you think there would be an issue running the bare heatpipes withiout the top aluminium section?

Maybe poor heat dissipation accross the pipes?

I wondered about that as well. I would think you'd get slightly less cooling without the aluminum piece. Whether it would be measurable or not? Not sure.

The mounting brackets for the cooler sandwich between the aluminum and copper base though so you'd need to attach some sort of bolt to hold the cooler.

Don't. I've read a review from a Danish site (tweak.dk) and this is the conclusion:
"I have never seen such bad cooler like this one. I even think a standard cooler from Intel will do better, and even allow the small overclocking to 4.0 GHz. It did look promising. I think during the unpacking that it was a really nice cooler. But that it hardly can handle standard turbo frequency of my CPU is bad. The cooler is rated for a TDP of 130W, and my CPU has an TDP of 84 W. I have no idea how they got the TDP. One would almost think that there was a manufacturing defect in the surface that presses against the processor. That's the only reason I could say that would justify the poor performance."
Roughly translated :)

Sigh, seems like ID Cooling's products are really hit or miss. Thanks for the translation.

I ordered anyways. User reviews on newegg are all good. So long as the heat plate is flat, I don't see how it can't cool better than the c7.

Here is a review of both the IS-40 and IS-50. http://www.eteknix.com/id-cooling-50-40-low-profile-cpu-cooler-review/6/

Last edited:
Just got my CooJag Falcon II. The copper base is attached to the heatpipes somehow (soldered?), I can't see any solder but it seems to be attached well.

The aluminum heatspreader fins are part of the aluminum base that screws to the copper. I don't have a pic but they were easy to bend back and forth and remove.

I'm planning to put this on my Asus Strix Z270i later tonight. I have a Noctua A9x14 fan ready too.

Vf8THeS.png

MlTATTf.png

CDNHFw1.png

I really hope your'e able to get this on the Z270i. Anxiously awaiting results. Temps would be good too. :)

CooJag Falcon II installed. I did a litte mod to force air flow through the fins. Compared to the Jonsbo with 25 mm fan I used before it is a huge difference in loudness. I bought too many cooler for this case, but now I have the matching one for me.
Some photos for those who are interested:

20170218_204827.jpg 20170218_205705.jpg 20170218_210439.jpg 20170218_222851.jpg 20170218_225012.jpg

Last edited:
CooJag Falcon II installed. I did a litte mod to force air flow through the fins. Compared to the Jonsbo with 25 mm fan I used before it is a huge difference in loudness. I bought too many heatsinks for this case, but now I have the matching one for me.
Some photos for those who are interested:

View attachment 17278 View attachment 17279 View attachment 17280 View attachment 17281 View attachment 17282

I dont see where you put your little paper fins once mounted?

Just got the automated email response for shipping to Australia. :)

Just have to wait for Ryzen and a decent ITX MOBO and maybe Vega..
I imagine that that AMD builds will have the same if not more problems with coolers, doubt the stock 95w cooler is going to fit.

Great to see lots of builds coming together though. :D

I don't know, what do other people think? If it's difficult to find ram without large "heatsinks" in your area, would you consider removing them or modding the tops?
I think that would be entirely reasonable; as long as it fits the standard 30mm PCB form factor, there should be plenty of options anywhere.

Those getting the IS-40 should order the Ebay version and not the Newegg version. The one available on Newegg is the IS-40, which has 3 heat pipes vs the 4 heatpipes on Ebay (IS-40Pro).

I've seen a few benchmarks of the IS-40 which by itself is a tad better than the NH-9LI. I imagine the IS-40Pro will perform even better, because it has one extra heatpipe and the heatpipes are closer together on the heatsink base.

I also think replacing the fan on the IS-40 or IS-40 Pro with the Noctua A9X14 will help, since the Noctua fan pushes slightly more air at lower speeds, and is 1mm shorter.

I emailed ID-cooling about AM4 mounting kits for the IS-40v3 cooler. They will have them next month. Since Noctua wont supply AM4 kits for NH-L9 at least for a few months, the IS40-v3 might be an option for me :)

Last edited:
I wonder if not having a fan directly blowing air over two of the heat pipes will decrease performance a lot?

I got the CoolJag installed on my Asus Strix Z270i. Barely fits, but it does fit. Between the VRM heatsink, IO heatsink and Wi-Fi shroud I can just barely slide a sheet of paper through.

ZkBQqmi.png

xmkpMgX.png

sGNvzuv.png

oAc6yZU.png
What kind of g.skill ram model was that before heat sinks were removed? It looks like tridentz may JUST fit. I'm prepared to remove the heat sinks though.

I got the CoolJag installed on my Asus Strix Z270i. Barely fits, but it does fit. Between the VRM heatsink, IO heatsink and Wi-Fi shroud I can just barely slide a sheet of paper through.

ZkBQqmi.png

xmkpMgX.png

sGNvzuv.png

oAc6yZU.png
Wow I really did not expect that to fit at all. I'm very interested to hear about temperatures and whether or not TridentZ RAM w/ the headsink still on them would fit underneath.

Looks like you could maaaaybe slip one of those bigger 12mm fans in there. Maybe the 100mm. Not sure it would really make a difference though.

Nice job getting it in there, I was skeptical of the z270i being compatible.

I wonder if not having a fan directly blowing air over two of the heat pipes will decrease performance a lot?

Assuming that the two heatpipes and the area blown by the 92mm is not significantly less efficient than the smaller noctua L9, there surely can only be benefit in having additional area above that of a L9, especially since the air around it is more than likely to have at least the tiniest bit of airflow.

Last edited:
Can someone confirm that you can boot off the rear M.2 on the Asus Z270i?

ZkBQqmi.png

xmkpMgX.png

sGNvzuv.png

oAc6yZU.png
What did you use to remove the aluminum pin?

Thx for the kind words :)

Great ideas everyone!

DAN A4-SFX AIO build v 0.2:

So I did as suggested and flipped the PSU around. The plastic separator problem was elegantly solved by folding it together and pushing it behind the GPU :) I also redid all the cables.
Used more individually sleeved cables and rerouted more of them into the GPU and Radiator chamber. There are now slight openings the whole way trough to the other side so you can now feel a slight breeze going through the case. The 24-pin ATX connector is still the old ugly one. So here I will need to get a shorter and sleeved cable. The improved cable routing also led to a better routing of the AIO tubing with less kinks and less "bubbly" sounds afterwards :)

Regarding temperatures and sound:

I did some fast tests in Aida64 by running the stress test. Testing both CPU and GPU.

v 0.1 started throttling after around 5 min so that was the grand failure i anticipated, but these are the results from running the stresstest for around 26 min on v 0.2:

Aida64%20Test.JPG

Not that bad and there where no indications of it starting the throttle any time soon. Idle temps are around 40 degrees C.
Took one of those cheap iOS dB apps and tried to measure the sound levels which where at around 40-45 dB at a distance of about 5-10 cm away from the case. So it´s quite noisy. It´s mostly the Scythe fan and the PSU fan i combination.
I didn't hear that much of the GPU.

Have you thought of using the Silverstone Tek TD03-SLIM ?

Isn't 86 C a bit hot though? I'm hitting 81C while playing DOOM on a C7 with a delid 7700k. I would expect more from the delid :(. Maybe I need to reapply thermal paste on the CPU cooler side.

No delid here, and 86°C is still 14°C lower than max... as long as it doesn't throttle, there is no issue.

Back