DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

@arun21:
From what I have heard and read, the MSI Gaming would be my choice if I would buy a GTX 1080 for the DAN A4. If not that, then the ASUS Strix.

So, is it ok if I share some photos from my build?

These are the components that have been installed already - the GPU will hopefully arrive today.

full.jpg

Let's add the PSU:

full.jpg

Great photos and build sldr ;)

Can I ask you two questions? :p

What camera do u use?

The bag under the case is a bag of a proyector?

Thankyou so much and sorry for the inconveniences :shy:

Low Profile DDR4:

Super Talent

4GB F21VEA8GS DDR4 2133 R-DIMM 15-15-15
8GB F21VEA4GS DDR4 2133 R-DIMM 15-15-15

Transcend
4GB TS512MHR72V1HL DDR4 2133 R-DIMM 15-15-15
8GB TS1GHR72V1HL DDR4 2133 R-DIMM 15-15-15
16GB TS2GHR72V1BL DDR4 2133 R-DIMM 15-15-15
16GB TS2GHR72V1CL DDR4 2133 R-DIMM 15-15-15
16GB TS2GHR72V4CL DDR4 2400 R-DIMM 17-17-17

The Transcend modules are available in Europe

By the way: If you use Nexus + A9x14 you can use normal RAM.

Low Profile DDR4:

Super Talent

Transcend

I se this are VLP Memory ( Very Low Profile ) , UDIMM i seen more and are the same size.

What are the differency between VLP and UDIMM ??

Question- out of ANY GTX 1080, what would be the best one for cooling? Is there a specific 1080 that has better cooling (and of course will fit) ?

I use the Asus Strix 1080, it doesn't break a sweat in the case with an over clock. I think i've only seen max of 70 celcius and it wasn't even that loud.

Now the c7 cpu cooler is another story, this thing is loud in this case, sounds like a jet engine. Using AiSuite though helped me tame the fan noise until I try something else.

Low Profile DDR4:

Super Talent

Transcend

Most of those are registered memory though AFAIK they won't work on any normal desktop board.

Great photos and build sldr ;)

Can I ask you two questions? :p

What camera do u use?

The bag under the case is a bag of a proyector?

Thankyou so much and sorry for the inconveniences :shy:

iPhone 7 Plus and it's a protective cover for a Dell TFT monitor, nothing special...

danurv:
You can reduce the noise very heavily by replacing the C7 with a smaller cooler, like the LP53+NF-A9x14, K129+NF-A9x14, or NH-L9i. I had both, the Noctua NH-L9i and the Cryorig C7. The difference in noise is HUGE.

Low Profile DDR4:

Super Talent

Transcend

ECC memory all those. won't work on asus STRIX z270i ... :(

AFAIK the ECC-feature won't work, but you still have a chance that UDIMM ECC sticks can be used without the ECC feature. With RDIMM and RDIMM ECC you don't have this chance. I hope I'm not speaking rubbish :D

AFAIK the ECC-feature won't work, but you still have a chance that UDIMM ECC sticks can be used without the ECC feature. With RDIMM and RDIMM ECC you don't have this chance. I hope I'm not speaking rubbish :D

I think the system will not even post.

I think I found a cooler that could work with the ram and a 120MM fan on top with 4 pipes dirrectly on the cpu like the nexus low-7000

dNb8s8F.jpg

RlaDHuP.jpg

RMeMaK9.jpg

This was the funniest cooler shopping experience I had these days. Amazons shows me the cooler costs 71CAD with shipping and I thought the CAD was as strong of a currency as the USD. Therefore I thought this costs way more than I expected.
Then I came to the checkout and Amazons converts CAD to CHF (Swiss Franks) and it costs only 56CHF. Seems like the CAD isn't worth all that much (luckily) xD

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
iPhone 7 Plus and it's a protective cover for a Dell TFT monitor, nothing special...

Yeah, but still good photos, I think was SLR camera.

And the bag just was remembers me the bag to protect proyectors, I haven´t think a lot of things uses similar bags :banghead:

Thanks again for your time ;)

I think the system will not even post.
I think I found a cooler that could work with the ram and a 120MM fan on top with 4 pipes dirrectly on the cpu like the nexus low-7000

What cooler is that?

Well, an idea discussed in the thread is to slap a bigger slim fan on it, like these 140mm fans:

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-Super-Cooling-FW141/dp/B00VBNTB8C (13mm tall)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1H80572 (13mm)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA66Z28S3552 (13mm)

https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-TY-14013/dp/B00G8GUE74 (13mm)

There are also some 12mm tall, 120mm Scythe fans:

https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-Slip-Stream-SY1212SL12H-120mm/dp/B002CYRROY (12mm, 3 pin, there are different versions with different max RPM's, this is 2000 RPM)

Or a 100mm 12mm Scythe fan, this interestingly has 92mm mounting holes also, so you could try it on the L9i, although not sure if it is actually any better than the A9.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006A7W5W...TF8&colid=1WRNCWC7ZJDK1&coliid=I3PCLV6JF42H3H

The above fans at 12mm and 13mm also add ~2-3 more mm of clearance than the stock C7 fan, which is 15mm, and thus may mitigate the turbulence issue further. The c7 heatsink is about 32mm tall. Until someone tests all this out though, this is all just guesswork. But, the C7 heatsink seems to do a better job than the L9i, so a solution with the C7 remains worthwhile for those of us with 7700K chips as opposed to just abandoning it in favor of the Noctua...

There are a whole bunch of 15mm 120 and 140mm fans also. At 15mm on top of the C7 you're back at 47mm and right up against the side panel (48mm clearance), but the theory is less RPM for same airflow mitigates the turbulence.

However you have to consider RAM clearance and any clearance of any other heatsinks or the IO ports, like the VRM heatsink (or whatever that is over the IO ports) on the Asus Z270I, which is 38mm high. I don't believe 140mm will actually fit in the case with the Asus mobo thanks to that damn heatsink, which is in the way. Also you probably want RAM that either has no heatspreaders, or "low profile" heatspreaders like Corsair LPX RAM, which is 31mm, or just take them off. (I have Team Vulcan RAM which is 31.75mm, which barely should fit...)

Of course the easiest solution is to just say screw all of that and get the L9i... I wouldn't blame anyone for that either. ;)

I'm replying to this as a thanks, to mark it later for when I shop a better fan, and to also ask the question how people would go about mounting a 140mm fan to the c7, which is as big as a 92mm fan. Yes, I realize zip ties would be used, but beyond that I'd like to see some pics.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: Jspr
like this
This was the funniest cooler shopping experience I had these days. Amazons shows me the cooler costs 71CAD with shipping and I thought the CAD was as strong of a currency as the USD. Therefore I thought this costs way more than I expected.
Then I came to the checkout and Amazons converts CAD to CHF (Swiss Franks) and it costs only 56CHF. Seems like the CAD isn't worth all that much (luckily) xD

For me too... 56 € for France.

Will the nexus fit in the z270i strix with normal height ram?

Has anybody thought of adding extra heat pipes to any heatsink?

Yeah my bad it's 57mm with 15 slim 120mm fan...forget it . it was the akasa nero lx 2

Yes the best low profile coolers with 120 mm fans are 57-58 mm.

For me it have not do anything of the case been 10 mm widther to get in a better CPU cooler.

Last edited:

I think you are correct, if they would just be ECC RAM it would work but ECC wouldn't work on a desktop board. These are registered DIMMs though, they won't work at all on a desktop board.

You could always buy well known ram with a heat spreader, heat up the heat spreader with a heat gun or a hairdryer, then remove the heat spreader yourself, the G.skill Trident Z's heat spreaders look easy to take off:

http://aphnetworks.com/reviews/g-skill-trident-z-f4-3200c16d-16gtz-2x8gb/2

Also i have found a seller of the Nexus LOW-7000 R2 that does worldwide shipping, seems like they are shipped from USA and arrive within a few weeks, its quite expensive though:

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Electron...ow-Profile-Universal-CPU-Cooler/9999666782218

The Nexus on that Canadian amazon store says it wont be delivered until may or june, is anyone else getting that shipping estimate?

The Nexus is nearly end of life and is hard to get it, so i thought about developing my own heatsink.
The heatsink will be very similar to the Nexus, but with more heatsinks and the option to mount a 120mm fan under it. It will include a bracket to shift the fan if you don't have low profile ram. I think about Noctua as manufacturer.

Will be somebody interested in something like this?

Last edited:
The Nexus is nearly end of life and is hard to get it, so i thought about developing my own heatsink.
The heatsink will be very similar to the Nexus, but with more heatsinks and the option to mount a 120mm fan under it. It will include a bracket to shift the fan if you don't have low profile ram. I think about Noctua as manufacturer.

Can you make it 47mm in height or smaller? And will it be 100% copper? If so I am interested. The other alternatives are 70$+ and lots of people are looking for good air coolers under 48mm.

Last edited:
I would certainly be interested in that dondan, if you can design a case this awesome and intricate you should be able to do an amazing job designing a cooler.

I think i might stick with the cooltek LP53 + NF-A9x14 PWM for now and wait for a cooler better designed to fit in this case

I would certainly be interested in that dondan, if you can design a case this awesome and intricate you should be able to do an amazing job designing a cooler.

I think i might stick with the cooltek LP53 + NF-A9x14 PWM for now and wait for a cooler better designed to fit in this case

I am planning on getting the cooltek LP53 + NF-A9x14 as well if there is no other alternative that is under 47mm height. In fact in the thread for sentry case backers that has around 922 backers there is huge demand for a decent cpu cooler under 47mm height, specially if it can handle 95w. Ask the same question in that thread and I am sure you will get more than 20 people interested.

I mean for US buyers the cooltek LP53 + NF-A9x14 combination is easily a 70$ purchase.

Really interested should i be if it performs like the Nexus cooler or Thermal right AXP100 and fit in your case.

Can easy pay up to 80 Euro for a quality cooler.

And think of ram clearance to so its possible to use like Corsair LPX or Crucial Ballistic sports.

http://eu.crucial.com/eur/en/bls2c8g4d240fsa

Last edited:

Yes ! As long it will handle a stock i7 and be as silent as possible, i am in. Just finished my build, have to keep my cpu 4790k at the minimum voltage 1.05v so the C7 doesn't become a Ferrari :)
Even at 100 $/pounds - we already are in a niche market so if money is the only price to pay literally far maximum quality, silence and performance, i for one, will pay.

I will do custom cables myself when I get the time. You don't really know how much extra you need for bends etcetera.

This is my estimation.

Shortest way
24pin 10 cm
8pin CPU 20 cm
8pin GPU 20 cm (Depends on how you will route it. I did it behind the GPU and PSU)
Edit: Sleeved cables would probably not be able to be routed between the GPU and PSU.

Estimation to fit
24pin 15 cm
8pin CPU 25cm
8pin GPU 25 cm

ankfajpwltlhcqj.jpg

Really big help on your Estimates on cables there.

150 mm, 24 pin
250 mm, 8 Pin
250 mm , Pcie

Are this lengths confirmed ??

I also wounder how long Sata power i need for a front SSD from SF600 Lenght on cable ??

Last edited:

Sounds like a great idea.

Back