DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

caseking support says they're getting a lot of traffic on the phones and the site. but it's a christmas miracle, my order there also went through. who has 2 thumbs and 3 black A4-SFX cases coming?

:D

get silver! you can always plasti-dip it. or send it off to an anodizing shop to be made black
Painting or plastidip/powder coating don't seem quite as sleek to me. And the case is already quite costly, anodizing would be another $100. Oh well, guess I can wait, but it's gonna be a long wait till smmer. Had the thing in my cart on 1 minute after the hour and just couldn't get the payment through. Waiting for the inevitable "selling my case" (for quite a bit of markup) people though.

Interesting that overclockers sold out the black one so fast. Still a few left of the silver version. I wonder how many they got since it only said "10+".

Now, back to waiting for the kickstarter case. No hurry really since I'm thinking about a Ryzen build, but it would be nice to just receive it after all this time :)

:-( Sooo much lag - I managed to put everything in my basket, and then Amazon checkout failed me.

Ended up calling them, and got a silver one where I really wanted black. Any thoughts on the challenges of painting it? the rest of my setup is black.

caseking support says they're getting a lot of traffic on the phones and the site. but it's a christmas miracle, my order there also went through. who has 2 thumbs and 3 black A4-SFX cases coming?

:D

You do know pixelforest, the idea of a small factor build looses it's effect if you glue 3 cases together? 2 thumbs are fine though.

What complete bullshit! I started exactly on time and I could never get the basket or checkout function to load and by the time I tried the mobile site they were all sold out!

GOD DAMNIT I'd been waiting for this for months!

You do know pixelforest, the idea of a small factor build looses it's effect if you glue 3 cases together? 2 thumbs are fine though.

haha! i'm actually using them as media servers - i do a lot of experiential installation stuff, projection mapping shows, etc. normally we either truck a server rack road case to the location (often cross country). sometimes for one reason or another we end up having to bring a 4U server case in a checked bag. it's very unpleasant. my goal is to build a pair of A4-SFX boxes with enough hardware to support at least the smaller jobs, and then I can bring one in my regular carry-on (a pelican 1510 or tortuga V2) and one in my 'personal item' bag. may end up stuffing quadro P6000s in a dan case, which would be fun.

dondan, congrats on selling out of the cases.
Next time, please consider a using a better reseller that knows how to handle load.
Lots of buyers had bad experiences with this.

Last edited:
Just want to update you guys that several of us HAPPY Swedes have received the "shipping confirmation" email from Dan the last day so he is working hard burning through the kickstarter shipping list!
So exited!!!

haha! i'm actually using them as media servers - i do a lot of experiential installation stuff, projection mapping shows, etc. normally we either truck a server rack road case to the location (often cross country). sometimes for one reason or another we end up having to bring a 4U server case in a checked bag. it's very unpleasant. my goal is to build a pair of A4-SFX boxes with enough hardware to support at least the smaller jobs, and then I can bring one in my regular carry-on (a pelican 1510 or tortuga V2) and one in my 'personal item' bag. may end up stuffing quadro P6000s in a dan case, which would be fun.
I accept your resoning :) Sounds like it would lighten your lugging around considerably.

indeed. i've been excited about this idea since i found out about the A4-SFX and am excited to start burning in some machines to prove we can depend on them for jobs. only downside is the 32gb ram limit. but i think it's an acceptable compromise.

Interesting that overclockers sold out the black one so fast. Still a few left of the silver version. I wonder how many they got since it only said "10+".

Now, back to waiting for the kickstarter case. No hurry really since I'm thinking about a Ryzen build, but it would be nice to just receive it after all this time :)

Called them up and was told they only got 70 cases total. Had the black case in my basket since 1101 and I'm so annoyed. I wish I had considered the mobile site sooner. Really, really annoyed by this.

Still have a black one in basket from OCUK, just in case I ever get to the checkout and it still counts as reserved for me. Ordered a silver from CaseKing as a backup though.

I got a Silver Case in the end on Caseking.de i contact them by otherways then the website that crashed.

i could get Black or Silver 12.04 but i want a Silver chassi for so long time

Still have a black one in basket from OCUK, just in case I ever get to the checkout and it still counts as reserved for me. Ordered a silver from CaseKing as a backup though.
I asked about this when on the phone and apparently it's not reserved until checkout is complete :(

Your basket is a cookie on your local machine, it does not reflect their inventory allocation. Congratulations on the silver, you'll have to wait till the next batch if you want black

Your basket is a cookie on your local machine, it does not reflect their inventory allocation. Congratulations on the silver, you'll have to wait till the next batch if you want black

That is not entirely true. It depends on how the webshop is build. I've worked on webshops where the stock was reseverd on the server when you put it inside your cart. But since MenaceInc made a phone call to ask, we can rule it out for overclockers

If you take a look at your orders if it is already processed at caseking? Because I ordered one as well, got the confirmation email but when I take a look at my orders it still says "Your order has not been processed yet."

So they ran out of filters - could one of you please measure the dimensions of the perforated sections on the side panels? height and width?

From simply putting my ruler to the screen, it seems the holes in the side panels are 121mm tall by 252mm wide - can someone confirm this?

I'll have to order filters separately

Last edited:
If you take a look at your orders if it is already processed at caseking? Because I ordered one as well, got the confirmation email but when I take a look at my orders it still says "Your order has not been processed yet."

Yes its stands "Your order has not been processed yet." on my order at caseking.de aswell

I ordered 12:43, I got a status update saying "In Bearbeitung (Wartet)" (In Progress (Pending)). Not sure if this means that I manage to snatch or not? When I added the item to the basket I did not see the later shipment date. I called CaseKing but they were unable to verify at this moment if I was in the first batch or not and asked me to call back in 2 hours.

Hmm, last this I heard from CaseKing was a confirmation e-mail of the order, but looking at "My orders" page under my account now shows "The order has been cancelled". Guess I got to the checkout there too late :|

I managed to snatch a silver (Assuming casekings didn't do anything weird, as there was still some left after I ordered). Any tips about parts? I'm gonna buy a i5-7600k for it. I think I read somewhere that Cryorig C7 is the way to go for CPU cooler? I looked at GIGABYTE GA-H270N-WIFI for motherboard, don't know if there's anything better..? Any suggestions on PSU?

Hmm, last this I heard from CaseKing was a confirmation e-mail of the order, but looking at "My orders" page under my account now shows "The order has been cancelled". Guess I got to the checkout there too late :|

At what time did you order? My order has yet not been cancelled. :S

Can anyone verify if CaseKing and Overclockers have seperate warehouses because they both belong to CaseKingdom? If they use the same warehouse it could mean that all orders made on the CaseKing website can be ignored since the've been placed long after the case was sold out on Overclockers due to outage.

Also my order at CaseKing is currently being processed.

Last edited:
I managed to snatch a silver (Assuming casekings didn't do anything weird, as there was still some left after I ordered). Any tips about parts? I'm gonna buy a i5-7600k for it. I think I read somewhere that Cryorig C7 is the way to go for CPU cooler? I looked at GIGABYTE GA-H270N-WIFI for motherboard, don't know if there's anything better..? Any suggestions on PSU?
im thinking that mobo or asus Z270I strix or MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon, really want 2 m.2 slots so leading towards asus unless someone else brings out a new board with 2 m.2's

I personally think it's a very easy choice for PSU - Corsair SF450, especially when you don't plan on putting a 6-8-10 core CPU and a Titan in - I got a SF450 myself, I might be biased...

Back