DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Would anyone who has already received the case be willing to provide some rough measurements of custom PSU cable lengths needed? I realize there will be motherboard-dependent variation, but any general guidelines would be helpful in the meantime.

You need tobe asking for someone that has the case amd a mobo tuat has the se power connector layout as your mobo to get tye right cable lengths.

The anodized surface is good enough for me.
oh for sure. However for that temporary change in color scheme, Plastidip will give you that temporary coloring with durability to match, not to mention some protection against scratches to the aluminum.

all im saying is that it's possible you can watercool the dan a4.

maybe it's possible, but for it to be better, the heatsink and fan area enabled by the water cooling system must be physically larger than the state of the art air cooling heatsink and fan area, otherwise nothing better is being accomplished. and water cooling takes up more space than air cooling, so it seems to be physically impossible for water cooling to be better in a space-constrained system like A4

what you really want is the absolute biggest and best heatpipe systems you can fit. a custom cooler could perform better, but it would need to be designed specifically for this case and one certain motherboard

I think the secret for this case is the undervolted and delidded i7-7700, plus the biggest graphics card cooler that will fit!

oh for sure. However for that temporary change in color scheme, Plastidip will give you that temporary coloring with durability to match, not to mention some protection against scratches to the aluminum.
I've just never been a big fan of plastidip or vinyl wrap, just not durable enough for me... I would like a powder-coat or a hard anodized surface but that tends to be expensive unfortunately.

Not installing I/O-Panel results in a reduction of the temperature of the CPU by 8°C

I'd be interested, how much would each be if we did a run of at least 25? ETA?
Thank you :) but no luck for me for now. They refuse to mail me pricing because im not a corporate. "i don;t belive your application is really in line with our business. We are a mass-production company that sells our thermal ...b la bla bla"
BUT they say after that "We can definitely build ANY custom vapor chamber you are lookinig for, but that will require an upfront NRE charge, soft tooling, and at least an MoQ of 25pcs and up for prototyping run."
Maybe ther is still a chance.

Last edited:
I'm calling bullshit on the 7700k at 4.7ghz and 1.15v.

Does not having the IO panel installed make that much of a difference?? So many people reporting their results without the IO panel.

Was suprised as well, but the ambient temperature was 18C. He posted that 95C was on 4500ghz with 25C ambient and 86C on 4500 with ambient 17C. No notes that it was with I/O or not so i assume its with.

And with NF A9 PWM 25mm fan not 14mm slim one.

So anybody interested in this custom cooling fantasy specials for Dan sfx?
If that cooler would perform significantly(25°C less) better than the Noctua, I would buy one. Price would not matter that much.

Minus 25° is kind of unrealistic.
-10-15° would already be really great.
May be a kickstarter project could be cool.
With 2000 dan a4 I am quite confident 10% will be willing to pay a premium for a customised cooling solution.

You need tobe asking for someone that has the case amd a mobo tuat has the se power connector layout as your mobo to get tye right cable lengths.

No kidding. That's why I said general guidelines. I'd like just some sort of an idea to begin planning.

Hi all! :)
What's the best air cooler for: i7 5960X - AsRock X99 MiniITX ?
Is Dynatron R31 the best choice?
:banghead:
Thanks!

Was suprised as well, but the ambient temperature was 18C. He posted that 95C was on 4500ghz with 25C ambient and 86C on 4500 with ambient 17C. No notes that it was with I/O or not so i assume its with.

And with NF A9 PWM 25mm fan not 14mm slim one.

Well temps that low are suspect, but that voltage at 4.7ghz is what is unbelievable.

Last edited:
There is at least one case that will be shipped to Japan, so I assume this won't change in the future:
https://www.kick starter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-the-worlds-smallest-gaming-tower/posts/1785776

There is at least one case that will be shipped to Japan, so I assume this won't change in the future:
https://www.kick starter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-the-worlds-smallest-gaming-tower/posts/1785776

Hey, thanks! I was asking from overclockers.co.uk though. It's really strange but I can't seem to get a real answer from him or the retailers.

Hey, thanks! I was asking from overclockers.co.uk though. It's really strange but I can't seem to get a real answer from him or the retailers.
Can't you just try and order something else from the site and see if it gives you any errors when going through the shipping address process?

Hey dondan, Love the case and still trying to get my hands on one and hopefully will in about half a day.

Any update on the windowed kits? still summer 2017? and are you going to add a page on your website to order from around that time?

Is the Nexus LOW-7000 R2 still your favorite? I'm still looking at the Noctua L9I but would like your advice for the case.

have you tried the Jonsbo HP-400 that was on your list yet?

Hey dondan, Love the case and still trying to get my hands on one and hopefully will in about half a day.

Any update on the windowed kits? still summer 2017? and are you going to add a page on your website to order from around that time?

Is the Nexus LOW-7000 R2 still your favorite? I'm still looking at the Noctua L9I but would like your advice for the case.

have you tried the Jonsbo HP-400 that was on your list yet?
It's cool you can get one in a day when kickstarter backers are still waiting on theirs. I've read before that the l9i is good for silent builds but the c7 is optimal for performance.

It's cool you can get one in a day when kickstarter backers are still waiting on theirs. I've read before that the l9i is good for silent builds but the c7 is optimal for performance.

Thanks for the advice. So in your opinion the c7 is currently best among units under 50mm? I am kinda more interested in performance than silence although I think it's probably best to balance if possible.

We get it... no use to repeat this on each page.

Dan is not a professional, he is managing as he can.
If you are not willing to deal with how a kickstarter project is, just don t participate.

Thanks for the advice. So in your opinion the c7 is currently best among units under 50mm? I am kinda more interested in performance than silence although I think it's probably best to balance if possible.
Then the c7 is the best option i think, there is a graph a couple pages back with all different kinds of combo's, its come to some peoples attention that there can be more noise if a fan is choked next to the ventilation holes

Then the c7 is the best option i think, there is a graph a couple pages back with all different kinds of combo's, its come to some peoples attention that there can be more noise if a fan is choked next to the ventilation holes
Personally, I am probably going to set the max speed of the C7 to around 2200 rpm. Hopefully, this is enough for an unlocked, undervolted i7 at stock speeds and it will run quiet as well. I am still waiting for zen and am hopeful for an AMD comeback as well as quality mini-itx AM4 motherboards.

I am curious though whether it is worth it to get the 25mm Noctua fan for the Nh-l9i cooler.

Last edited:
Personally, I am probably going to set the max speed of the C7 to around 2200 rpm. Hopefully, this is enough for an unlocked, undervolted i7 at stock speeds and it will run quiet as well. I am still waiting for zen and am hopeful for an AMD comeback as well as quality mini-itx AM4 motherboards.

I am curious though whether it is worth it to get the 25mm Noctua fan for the Nh-l9i cooler.

I have been really hand-wringing about that and my conclusion is that if the temps for the 25mm Noctua fan still aren't below the C7, it's not worth it to spend basically double for the Noctua when I can just lower the fan speed of the C7. At the same RPM, if the charts we saw earlier are to be trusted, the C7 gets the same or lower temps than the Noctua with the 25mm fan. Plus the big unknown is how either will sound given both would be pressed right up against the grill. I'd be super disappointed if I spent all the money on my Noctua set up and then was still left with a loud fan AND worse temps. Not to mention the elephant in the room, that whatever GPU I stuff in there is likely to be louder than the CPU fan anyway, and gaming is the only time any of my stuff is going to get loud.

I have been really hand-wringing about that and my conclusion is that if the temps for the 25mm Noctua fan still aren't below the C7, it's not worth it to spend basically double for the Noctua when I can just lower the fan speed of the C7. At the same RPM, if the charts we saw earlier are to be trusted, the C7 gets the same or lower temps than the Noctua with the 25mm fan. Plus the big unknown is how either will sound given both would be pressed right up against the grill. I'd be super disappointed if I spent all the money on my Noctua set up and then was still left with a loud fan AND worse temps. Not to mention the elephant in the room, that whatever GPU I stuff in there is likely to be louder than the CPU fan anyway, and gaming is the only time any of my stuff is going to get loud.
I still think the C7 at 2150 rpm give or take will be the cpu of choice for people running unlocked i7s. Depending on which i7 generation, you can have a slight overclock and still undervolt it slightly under the stock voltage since Intel tends to overvolt their cpus just to make sure their cpus are guaranteed to run at those stock/turbo speeds. From what I have seen through the generations, 100-200 mhz overclock near stock voltage should be fairly safe.

Just spoke to B and H and it appears the Asus Strix Z270I mobo is scheduled to arrive at their warehouse by 02/07/17. So possible late next week or early next week for anyone that ordered it.

dan's e-mail said 12:00 AM ECT Feb 1, which was 4 minutes ago, but overclockers and caseking are not showing it. Dan's website counter is showing 12hrs. :'(

Okay so this case is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, for a few years now. I hate how all the other small cases that fit a normal video card are all cubes that still take up too much room on a desk. Since I'm obviously too late for the kickstarter, when do you think I could reasonably buy this somewhere and get it in the US? i skimmed the thread, but this is a loooong thread. :)

Okay so this case is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, for a few years now. I hate how all the other small cases that fit a normal video card are all cubes that still take up too much room on a desk. Since I'm obviously too late for the kickstarter, when do you think I could reasonably buy this somewhere and get it in the US? i skimmed the thread, but this is a loooong thread. :)

It was supposed to go on sale 15 minutes ago.

Back