DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

Seems that the C7 is the go to for an i7 6700k slightly undervolted at even 4.3 GHz. I've read that on average you'll need around 1.185-1.19V. Stock voltage I believe is 1.2V

You might be correct. With the fan so close to the side panel, it may have created more wind turbulence.

That's what I'm gathering from the German forums where people have started experimenting with various builds. Doesn't affect performance negatively but does affect noise. Costum fan curves seem to make a difference if you don't mind the extra few degrees, although I'll probably try the flatter Noctua first based on those reports.

Last edited:
That's what I'm gathering from the German forums where people have started experimenting with various builds. Doesn't affect performance but does affect noise. Costum fan curves seem to make a difference if you don't mind the extra few degrees, although I'll probably try the flatter Noctua first based on those reports.

I'm not following. Are you all talking about the fan for the CPU or an additional fan added to the case?

I'm not following. Are you all talking about the fan for the CPU or an additional fan added to the case?

CPU cooler. If the fan gets too close to the side panel, you get additional noise due to turbulence. Cooling performance might be better but I do care about noise quite a bit.

CPU cooler. If the fan gets too close to the side panel, you get additional noise due to turbulence. Cooling performance might be better but I do care about noise quite a bit.

Turbulence from the stock cooler height or are you talking about coolers that are higher than stock?

Sorry for the noon questions, but this may keep me from buying a case.

Why do you opt for a Z motherboard when the Dan A4 won't allow you to do much more than a minimal OC? I'm genuinely curious.

There is no other 270 itx motherboard at the moment with 2 M2 slots and RGB. Also, i personally like asus boards and this particular one's aesthetic

Turbulence from the stock cooler height or are you talking about coolers that are higher than stock?

Sorry for the noon questions, but this may keep me from buying a case.

Haven't read about any turbulence issues regarding the Intel stock cooler yet; might be because it has this bracket on top that automatically creates a bit of a gap and because it is smaller in general. As I wrote earlier, the Noctua NH-L9i in its stock configuration (thin fan) is also completely fine, same as any cooling solutions that mount the fan under the heatsink (Nexus).

Basically, we will have a number of builds that cater to different priorities (performance/silent/etc), same as with most cases. Really looking forward to putting my own together soon.

Why do you opt for a Z motherboard when the Dan A4 won't allow you to do much more than a minimal OC? I'm genuinely curious.

Not going to do any OC period, main reason is dual m.2 ... The idea of having an A4 with no sata cables and less power cables is super appealing (the future!).

Now just gotta wait for more benchmarks and decide whether to get a blower or open air.

Got my A4 delivered yesterday. Its really impressive to see that even the box it came in is smaller than the majority of cases out there. Here it is in comparison to the already really small Ncase M1:
[URL=http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4616/dhj8iwz4_jpg.htm][/URL]

Sadly i won't be able to start my build directly, as i will need to gather additional parts. It will be an X99 build however (again :whistle:) , a 12 core Xeon Workstation in a shoebox sized case would be really cool...

Dan really delivered a great case here, hope he isn't too exhausted now.

Got my A4 delivered yesterday. Its really impressive to see that even the box it came in is smaller than the majority of cases out there. Here it is in comparison to the already really small Ncase M1:

Sadly i won't be able to start my build directly, as i will need to gather additional parts. It will be an X99 build however (again :whistle:) , a 12 core Xeon Workstation in a shoebox sized case would be really cool...

Man I've really been on the edge about getting one of these to downsize my NCase build. Pricing has me second guessing myself right now but these pictures are like the devil on my shoulder saying "it's only money" lol.

Hi Dondan,

I have a black A4 ordered, is it possible to go for a Silver one instead?

Thx

That is the worst photo upload site I've ever seen! It shows a popup directly in front of the image. Just use imgur, man!

I’m so jealous :banghead: :cry:
it’s not easy after getting married but I’ll try to get the next version

It would be cool if the LED's could change color based on the temperature. Blue when started to red if temps are getting to high. I assume that with the audrino you can get a tempurature sensor and do this.

+1.. yeah that would be cool

The case isn't available yet on overclockers.co.uk. It'll likely show up on the 1st, right?
Yeah im hoping its the first anyway
You can subscribe on dans website and youll get an email when its on sale

Ehy thanks already did:) I'm just a little impatient I guess..!

It's incredible though, I had a big change of heart. I'm guess I'm going to sell my Ncase M1 which I have yet to receive lol!

Ehy thanks already did:) I'm just a little impatient I guess..!

It's incredible though, I had a big change of heart. I'm guess I'm going to sell my Ncase M1 which I have yet to receive lol!
Just a little too impatient. He's posted a countdown on his site.

Does anybody have any idea if the MSI r9 390 will fit in the a4 because the gpu is a 2.5slot thick card

Last edited:
Does anybody have any idea if the MSI r9 390 will fit in the a4 because the gpu is a 2.5slot thick card

MSI specifies that card is 51mm thick and the dan-cases website specs max graphics card width as 45mm. So, the card is about half a cm too thick.

lol did you miss the neon years? :)
the pc shop I work at for years and years in the early '00s were the only official dealer in our area for street glow car kits because we got so many requests for neon in PCs. you could/can modify any 12v car product to pc with a simple molex cable. its like the fast and furious for you computer!
edit: we even had rgb led kits in 2006-7

Well, you cant use it that way. Hardforum automatically implements it in a weird way.

Reactions: Jspr
like this
Link to spreadsheet

I hadn't realized there's no way to open the embedded sheet in a new tab.

You can resize the embed but it's a pain.

Maybe put the link to the sheet in the sheet itself just to be safe?

Thats true. Sadly hardforum.com is one of these places where it's necessary :(

Select/mark the text in the editor, hit the Link button, paste link.

upload_2017-1-29_13-56-25.png

Back