DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

*SPAM APOLOGY*

I've decided not to build my DAN-A4 (black) so will be selling it. I'm UK based and it's due to be shipped any day now. UK buyer preferred, may ship to EU. PM me if interested.
where about are you in the uk? would be interested if i could pick it up

The CPU and motherboard are isolated to their own compartment from the video card. The cooling configuration of the video card will have minimal (if any) impact on the CPU and vice versa. Given the nonexistent empty space inside the case, and also how close component fans will be to the vent holes, open air coolers are going to perform better in this case than blowers.

yep isolated, but not entirely, the right side where the PSU will be sitting in is half open.

linus lp cooler review ... c7 l9i engeine 27 etc..

We know that small one sucks, but there's useful data there about C7 and L9i! The L9i is smaller but performs the same ore better than C7 when the sound level is capped. So while this is not the same as testing both heatsinks with the same fan, it comes close. This leads me to believe the poster here who said the best combination would be a L9i with the biggest fan possible to fill the case and hit the side vents. A thicker fan is also more performant under adverse pressure situations, like sucking against a surface with holes in it.

There is also à New thermalac but this time 37 mn tall. Same all métal principal. Let s hope it performances 30% better.

Are there any ITX boards currently that have 2 M.2 slots? I'd hate to have to run a sata power just for 1 drive :p

Maybe to early to know, but would using a mini 1070/1080 card (which creates more empty space) negatively affect temps?

I wouldn't over think it too much. It's a small void and all the ventilation holes are close by so it should be fine.

Here comes the grammar police, X299 ITX should be the successor of X99 ITX, not predecessor.
Also it's kabylake-x/skylake-x. Anyway english is not my first language bro, sorry. :D
Also can someone confirm? Dan A4 will be available in february?

Last edited:
Is there any word if the MSI 1080 Gaming X truly fits? I saw Dondan's post about someone fitting it but I want to do custom psu cables and I'm curious to know if it will interfere with the top cover or if it will just touch it and not cause further interfere. I'm looking at that and the Asus Strix 1080. I already have a FE 1080 but find that to be too loud and too hot. Thanks and is there any word on what time the cases will be orderable on OCUK, I know Feb 1 is the date before anyone posts that.

My poor wallet is always there too :p

Perhaps i can get cablemod to make me a single sata plug cable..

Had this same issue long ago. Butchered one of the PSU cables and used a single right angle SATA connector. Worked perfectly and reduced so much clutter. The connector was <$1.

People from the kickstarter should be receiving theirs now? Where are all the build pics!?
We only got an update for shipping to Germany so far I think. About 2 thirds of shipments remain. Wondering if Dan will give us an update this week. I think he can handle 500 per week, but I'm really really hoping he is able to ship US shipments this week.

In case anyone's looking for some sick RGB ram for their Dan A4 i can recommend this:

2861_5858e530b782c.jpg

Fully RGB LED strip on the top, customisable with Aura software making it a perfect match for the Asus Z270I Strix (feature available Feb 2017), Ram height has been personally measured by me to be 45mm top to bottom making fitment no issue for the Dan A4. The build quality is excellent and looks almost exactly like the aluminium you get on Lian Li cases so visually its a good match as well

I already picked up a set of 2 x 8gb 2400mhz for my next build, along with the SF600 and Cyrorig C7 i already have. Last 2 items I'm waiting for are the Z270I Strix to drop in my country, and of course, the star of the show, the Dan A4 to arrive at my doorstep

I hate this RGB trend. I was keyboard shopping a few weeks ago and it's seemingly impossible to find a good keyboard with simple white back lighting. I neither need nor want my computer vomiting different colors all over the room when I use it.

To each their own, but IMO cold cathode's reincarnation has gone overboard.

I hate this RGB trend. I was keyboard shopping a few weeks ago and it's seemingly impossible to find a good keyboard with simple white back lighting. I neither need nor want my computer vomiting different colors all over the room when I use it.

Get RGB, set to white.. profit?

Ok, that makes sense. The Noctua is a beast performence/noise wise.

There are always good keyboards without RGB. You can choose to buy those. Or like FISCHER said, buy RGB and set whatever colour you want

Logitech K810 has pretty decent white-only backlighting, and is SFF and wireless to boot.

And to those suggesting setting RGB to white, that doesn't result in white most of the time... :(

Logitech K810 has pretty decent white-only backlighting, and is SFF and wireless to boot.

And to those suggesting setting RGB to white, that doesn't result in white most of the time... :(
And it's bluetooth, so no BIOS for you

Get RGB, set to white.. profit?

Doesn't setting the color require the software to be installed / running with Windows start up? I don't want software control for a keyboard in order to change the lighting. I'm a minimalist and do not want unnecessary software installed / running in order to control something that otherwise doesn't need to be controlled remotely.

Hi dondan,

I just got off the phone with a nice guy at Overclockers.co.uk - he advised me that they were not able to ship your case to Singapore where I live. He mentioned that Overclockers.co.uk are owned be Caseking.de.

He suggested I reach out to you for advice on how to acquire the A4-SFX, because he was not able to help me.

Do you have any advice :) How can I buy your case?

Oh man oh man.. I'm having second thoughts now. I have an Ncase M1 on the way but I might get this case instead.

I'm worried mainly about 2 things. Noise and heat. I don't want my components to thermal throttle or having a jet engine at full blast when I'm gaming..

Anyway. I might just go ahead and take the risk.. it looks so da(m)n sexy:)

So.. how do I order one if I live outside the EU? Does overclocker.co.uk ships overseas?

Is the launch on February 1st?

Hi dondan,

I just got off the phone with a nice guy at Overclockers.co.uk - he advised me that they were not able to ship your case to Singapore where I live. He mentioned that Overclockers.co.uk are owned be Caseking.de.

He suggested I reach out to you for advice on how to acquire the A4-SFX, because he was not able to help me.

That's bad news..

Hi dondan,

I just used the text based chat function at Overclockers and asked when the case would be available. Ben told me that he looked it up in the system, but apparently the supplier hasn't given them a release date yet. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad sign.

Hi dondan,

oh i am here in SIngapore as well, i would offer you my A4sfx case, but i dont wanna. :p
goodluck buddy

I'm from New Zealand, but often to purchase things from the UK / EU or the USA I'll have to use a freight forwarder. I did a quick search, and it seems there are plenty of service providers available between Germany and Singapore. Unfortunately it often costs a bit more in shipping than it would directly from a retailer, but when you have no other option, it's worth it.

Is there any word if the MSI 1080 Gaming X truly fits? I saw Dondan's post about someone fitting it but I want to do custom psu cables and I'm curious to know if it will interfere with the top cover or if it will just touch it and not cause further interfere. I'm looking at that and the Asus Strix 1080. I already have a FE 1080 but find that to be too loud and too hot. Thanks and is there any word on what time the cases will be orderable on OCUK, I know Feb 1 is the date before anyone posts that.

YES:

One Backer that collected the case directly in my Warehouse posted this:

MSI 10x0 will fit:
3bea446f064de2876d5675ca136d6e67.jpg

e43971351da715b146b38f007fbf46a6.jpg

And also the long Gigabyte 970 G1 cards:

8ec2202f7b1a642a9ad33bd3cfa77088.jpg

I'm from New Zealand, but often to purchase things from the UK / EU or the USA I'll have to use a freight forwarder. I did a quick search, and it seems there are plenty of service providers available between Germany and Singapore. Unfortunately it often costs a bit more in shipping than it would directly from a retailer, but when you have no other option, it's worth it.

Yeah, that may be the way to go, unfortunately. I also just spoke with Caseking.de - they don't ship to Singapore either :-(

oh well...

Doesn't setting the color require the software to be installed / running with Windows start up? I don't want software control for a keyboard in order to change the lighting. I'm a minimalist and do not want unnecessary software installed / running in order to control something that otherwise doesn't need to be controlled remotely.

I don't know about other keyboards, but my Vortex Pok3r RGB doesn't use any software for configuring the lighting but instead has key combinations to customize the lighting.

Sorry but I have to disagree here. It shouldn't be the customer job to get it delivered. Dan also clearly state on is website that the case will be available worldwide.

I think I have bad news for some international buyers. It looks like OverclockersUK do not ship to every third party country. I will offer a list tomorrow with all countries.

To not start a panic here US/Canada/Australia will definitive work on OverclockersUK.

Back