DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

I wasn't name calling and I totally get what you mean about being careful. I got banned a couple months ago for the first time, ive been here since '98, for spelling out douche bag in response to someone that claimed I couldn't spell. I didnt directly call him one but it was implied and that was enough I guess for a week vacay. lol

I've got my SF600 sitting right next to me, my 7700K on the way ($329 right now on antonline at ebay for those of us in US), plus 16GB of 3000mhz Team Vulcan RAM ($70 @ Jet.com) and 1TB m.2 MX300 ($249 Newegg flash deal) en route. Just waiting to get the mobo (either MSI or Asus at this point), and sweat over whether I just say "fuck it" and buy a Titan X or wait until whenever the Ti comes out. I have already decided I'm not "settling" for a 1080. And no offense to anyone with a 1080, it's a great card. I'm just intentionally going over the top for this build. And I guess I decided on the C7 over the L9i...1/3 the price when taking into account also getting the 25mm A9 or B9 fan, good reviews from Dan. Much savings, very wow.

I feel a creeping dread that there is no way in hell I will be able to wait until I get my hands on a 1080Ti (taking into consideration how crazy it is on release, even assuming I can wait that long), and instead I am going to spend $1200 on a card that may get outclassed, price to performance wise, just weeks after I get my hands on it...

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've got my SF600 sitting right next to me, my 7700K on the way ($329 right now on antonline at ebay for those of us in US), plus 16GB of 3000mhz Team Vulcan RAM ($70 @ Jet.com) and 1TB m.2 MX300 ($249 Newegg flash deal) en route. Just waiting to get the mobo (either MSI or Asus at this point), and sweat over whether I just say "fuck it" and buy a Titan X or wait until whenever the Ti comes out. I have already decided I'm not "settling" for a 1080. And no offense to anyone with a 1080, it's a great card. I'm just intentionally going over the top for this build.

I feel a creeping dread that there is no way in hell I will be able to wait until I get my hands on a 1080Ti (taking into consideration how crazy it is on release, even assuming I can wait that long), and instead I am going to spend $1200 on a card that may get outclassed, price to performance wise, just weeks after I get my hands on it...

Settle for a 1060 or RX 480 until the release of the 1080ti, then sell the RX480 on Craigslit, Reddit, or other avenue of your choice.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What i dont like about the titan is that its hot, noisy and will throttle with the stock cooler. The cooler was designed for the 1080 TDP and the titan XP heat output is well above that

Unfortunately there are no AIB titan xps with better coolers but assuming nvidia doesnt gimp the 1080ti too much compared to the titan xp, i am thinking a good AIB card like the EVGA ACX (soon to be called ICX) will come very close to titan xp performance with much better noise/thermals/throttling behaviour. So i'll wait for one to drop...though having a 1080FE on hand in my current build does make the waiting much easier...

There are things in life, where you shouldnt go cheap. The 3M Cables are by far the best on the market and guarantee no issues. Thats why i wouldnt even use a Riser cable from another brand even if its 20$ cheaper.
Just my opinion

Looking at the noise graphs i had an impression that SF450 is more quiet, although SF600's fan kicks in at 120W vs 450's 90W.

You didn't consider the different X-axes. I've overlayed them which makes it much clearer:
DGnJrHF

The SF600 is never louder than the 450 although that steeper jump at 120W may be more noticeable but since the fan is temperature controlled an the temperature always rises gradually you will probably not get that jump in real life at all.

Is it realistic to expect silence from setup made of this components (without setting my house on fire)?

6600k non OC
Cryorig C7 (or something similiar available in Italy or Hungary)
Strix Z270I mobo
ASUS Strix 1060
Corsair SF450

And when I say silence, I really mean silence. I'm currently running system on Z170-A board, in spacey mid tower case with LC-CC-120 CPU fan @670rpm (212 EVO equivalent), case is under desk, ~70 cm away from me, and it is really non audible. I can barely hear CPU fan when I open the case, while PSU and GPU are 0db.

CPU temp is ~32C, GPU ~40.

So, is it possible to expect something similar from C7 (with case being 1m away from me on the desk), just with higher temps? I really don't mind higher temps, as long as they don't cause home fire :D
Not with that CPU and the c7, no. At least not under load.
When I had the c7 on my 3570k (stock, delidded/ relidded) it got way too loud for my tastes under gaming loads. If you don't already have the CPU is recommended getting a 6600t instead, it if you already bought it, underclocking and undercoating it to as close to 6600t levels as you can.

Last edited:
When I had the c7 on my 3570k (StOCK, delidded/ relidded) it got way too loud for my tastes under gaming loads. If you don't already have the CPU is recommended getting a 6600t instead

I think this is hard to believe. I currently have the i5-3570k running under a Noctua NH-L9i without any case at all. Both coolers should perform more or less the same. I am currently running the CPU at 4,3 Ghz with 1,20V. The temperatures never rise above 90°C. at 4,1Ghz and 1,07V I barely hit 70°C. I don't see why you should have such huge problems with your C7 at stock settings in the DAN A4..

I think this is hard to believe. I currently have the i5-3570k running under a Noctua NH-L9i without any case at all. Both coolers should perform more or less the same. I am currently running the CPU at 4,3 Ghz with 1,20V. The temperatures never rise above 90°C. at 4,1Ghz and 1,07V I barely hit 70°C. I don't see why you should have such huge problems with your C7 at stock settings in the DAN A4..
The c7 cooled fine, but it was loud. Which is what hajzenberg was asking about

I think the best combo will be C7 heat sink + noctua fan, but we have to wait and see :)

nope just sick of dumb shit around here and not holding my tongue as much as I used to. sounds like you are a little over sensitive if you took that as condescending and abrasive. sorry was that too harsh too?!
look through my past postings, theyre polite, very little attitude and a lot of help. until very recently when ive become sick of all the bullshit around here. noobs not doing a little searching and asking the same things over and over, one person making suggestions then acting like its the end of the world if they don't get exactly what THEY want, the constant internet knowledge pissing contests etc etc.
sorry aboot that

I get it. I struggle with really obnoxious people too. Sometimes I have to remember it's better to pick my battles rather than start useless fights and let myself stoop down. It's always easier and less time consuming to just ignore the posts that drive you nuts yet are harmless.

I almost bought a Zotac En1070 out of impatience last night, but I'm glad I talked myself out of it.

Only a couple of weeks left!!!

I'm going to attempt to Vinly Wrap my case in white to match my setup.

I almost bought a Zotac En1070 out of impatience last night, but I'm glad I talked myself out of it.

Good decision. I had Zotac ZBOX En860 it lasted only around 2-3 months of heavy AAA gaming then its overheating GPU melted(while I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition). Zotac just crammes into little enclosed space high end hot components with tiny laptop coolers, full well knowing its not gonna last long and sell it to public. If you gonna use it just as webbrowser, then yes, it'll work, but if you use it as intended for heavy gaming, its already a dead machine - I guarantee. Im really angered at Zotac, I bought it in Hong Kong trip and couldn't return, money wasted.

Last edited:
Oh dear :) go the shipping confirmation :) (germany).
Should have the case at the end of the week :) gonna make some pictures

What i dont like about the titan is that its hot, noisy and will throttle with the stock cooler.

Just did some reading and you're right, it looks like there is a difference of almost 300MHz between stock and hybrid coolers, with no overclock, equalling varying FPS differences in gaming. That is troubling for a "spare no expense" card. Might be re-assessing my wait for a better cooled AIB Ti...

Just did some reading and you're right, it looks like there is a difference of almost 300MHz between stock and hybrid coolers, with no overclock, equalling varying FPS differences in gaming. That is troubling for a "spare no expense" card. Might be re-assessing my wait for a better cooled AIB Ti...
Yup, pretty much the sole reason the ti version is usually faster taken they can put their own coolers on them. Titan is reference cooler only which simply cannot cool the titan properly. Shame really for Nvidia to bottleneck their own cards this way.

Got a call from DHL this morning.

Jumped out of bed when they said it was DHL, sloughed back in bed when they said it was about a door chime.
I can't take this wait anymore!!!

On the kickstarter community page for the A4 you can find this:

Oh snap, I've totally missed out on that community page! Thanks!

That gives a pretty good picture of how many cases will go to UK and Sweden...Can't wait to get that shipment email and track the case :)

Hey looking to buy an extra dan case. I know he will be selling them on oc U.K. but I might miss out on them. Pm me
If you have an extra, I'll pay a premium for it.

I was thinking, why no manifacture make sth like nuc skull canyon with custom mobo with a pci slot inside, with psu (maybe custom) and support for gtx 970 mini, 1060/1070 mini, r9 nano it could be even smaller than dan case and have 16gb of sddr4 and i7 HQ skylake/cabylake processor, that would last for years, with no need to upgrade- it is 1000% better than setup like nuc skull canyon + gpu external dock or razer stealh + gpu external dock

So Lian-Li is teasing a single USB C 3.1 passthrough cable on their main site; wondering if the single USB 3 connection on my DAN A4 can be replaced with this :D
Just need to find a skylake compatible board with that internal connector...
I asked Dan the other day on this forum and he said no.
He also said that he is working with Lian-Li on one that will work with the Dan Case.

For now the only board with that connector is the new Asus Z270 itx.

Because it would be awfull to upgrade..
Why would you need to upgrade i7 hq 8 thread so often, with sddr4 ram slots u could upgrade ram people still rock i7 2600 lol and with pcie slot u could just swap out the gpu in few years. What else would you need?

Back