DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

One Backer that collected the case directly in my Warehouse posted this:

MSI 10x0 will fit:
3bea446f064de2876d5675ca136d6e67.jpg

e43971351da715b146b38f007fbf46a6.jpg

And also the long Gigabyte 970 G1 cards:

8ec2202f7b1a642a9ad33bd3cfa77088.jpg
We've got to get case thermals with that windforce gpu, gta know how it affects temps with 3 fans.

The case acts as a faraday cage. There is no point in shielding internally, unless you got some crappy hardware.

Keeping EMI in the case isn't the same as preventing interference, noise, crosstalk, ect, between circuits that you'd likely want to function correctly - which is the purpose of the shielded cable.

One Backer that collected the case directly in my Warehouse posted this:

MSI 10x0 will fit:
3bea446f064de2876d5675ca136d6e67.jpg
I really hope my classified will fir without low profile connectors... I only bought it because Luke from LTT was able to fit a 1080 Classy in the case.

For those of you going with the Kaby Lake (and Dan A4 Case) which RAM do you plan on going with? I'm looking at the DDR 4266 compared to DDR4 3600. Would I see any major performance gains?

3600 Example: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232491
4266 Example: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820232497
I don't really see a reason to jump up in RAM speed because I won't really be editing or doing computations on this machine... just gaming.

I really hope my classified will fir without low profile connectors... I only bought it because Luke from LTT was able to fit a 1080 Classy in the case.
its very easy to turn your pcie into low-pro without an adapter. google it.

I don't really see a reason to jump up in RAM speed because I won't really be editing or doing computations on this machine... just gaming.
I'll probably end up going with the cheapest 32GB dual channel kit I can find from a reputable manufacturer.

I'm excited as the next guy to get my case that we all backed, but is the lack of reviews with temperature results besides the one 6+ months ago and the very brief analysis given by Linus telling? I figured Dan would have done his best to get professional reviews from reputable sites with temperature and noise testing done. The lack of concrete info with several different setups makes me a little bit nervous.

With the tight enclosure and all the ventilation holes on the sides and top, how close will this case be to an open-air-bench type situation? Has there been any discussion about installing "fins" on the inside of side panels to "isolate" the fans to receiving only fresh air?

installing "fins" on the inside of side panels to "isolate" the fans to receiving only fresh air
that's called a shroud and each board being different means youd have to make you own. and dan did temp testing, reviewers probably will too as the case start getting into their hands. the videos that are out now id call more of a preview than a review. you've been following the thread long enough to know this...

Is that yours?

I've had small defects/variations in retail lian li cases before. (Panel not 100% flush with another panel, very very slight curve in what should be a totally flat edge, etc.) I'd expect this to be no different, like any other consumer product. I'm looking at an old Q11 in my entertainment cabinet right now that has a side panel that does not sit flush with the main chassis. Happens.

Is not mine, i found it here.
I'm asking myself the same thing, maybe is just the pins-closing-system with few mm tolerance and maybe it goes away when you put the screws in.

Does these actually fit? I got one through evg promotion, I haven't don't the measurements but I'm using one currently with my FTW 1080.
not the evga relocation thing, just a normal right angle adapter.
but all youd have to do is physically hold them together to see if the adapter is taller or shorter than the regular pcie plug. if its shorter us it, if its taller, might not work.

I'm happy someone did already get the case but I'm a little bit worried about this :unsure:

Is that yours?

I've had small defects/variations in retail lian li cases before. (Panel not 100% flush with another panel, very very slight curve in what should be a totally flat edge, etc.) I'd expect this to be no different, like any other consumer product. I'm looking at an old Q11 in my entertainment cabinet right now that has a side panel that does not sit flush with the main chassis. Happens.

This is normal because we don't use molted parts. I defined a tolerance with Lian Li that the round part of the sidepanel shouldn't be bigger as 0.5mm over the round part of the front panel. Mostly it helps te remove all panels and ajust them new. But a 100% correct copy of the cad drawing is impossible.

On picture that made in some angles the effect is bigger as in real life.

If you got a case where the gab is very annoying we will find a solution because i have spare parts for it.

could anyone with this case post some temperature stats on blower 1080 vs axial fan 1080. Is it that much better to have a blower style gpu in these types of cases even if the gpu is in another compartment apart from the mobo and cpu?

Yeah, I second to that. Also, I wonder if the Corsair SF450 would be enough to handle a Z270 mobo with just one m.2 SSD, a 7700k (with a C7) and a GTX 1080.

Last edited:
Yeah, I second to that. Also, I wander if the Corsair SF450 would be enough to handle a Z270 mobo with just one m.2 SSD, a 7700k (with a C7) and a GTX 1080.

Without a doubt. I think you would have a hard time to draw 300W with that setup (non-OC). And then OC isn't something that will be easily done in this case.

91W TDP maximum on a Kaby Lake CPU, 180W TDP on a 1080, and then a few tens of watts for the Z270, RAM and SSD. And it's hard to push them to the limits in "realistic" workloads.

My two cents...correct me if I'm wrong :)

Without a doubt. I think you would have a hard time to draw 300W with that setup (non-OC). And then OC isn't something that will be easily done in this case.

91W TDP maximum on a Kaby Lake CPU, 180W TDP on a 1080, and then a few tens of watts for the Z270, RAM and SSD. And it's hard to push them to the limits in "realistic" workloads.

My two cents...correct me if I'm wrong :)

For reference, my max OC'd 1070 and 6700K at 4.2ghz on all cores undervolted, plus two SSD's and 1 case fan draws about 230 watts in Unigine Valley. Add another ~40 watts for a OC'd 1080.

Yeah, I second to that. Also, I wonder if the Corsair SF450 would be enough to handle a Z270 mobo with just one m.2 SSD, a 7700k (with a C7) and a GTX 1080.
Should be more than good enough although the 7700k puts out more heat than the 6700k... And pricing is out of whack right now.

For reference, my max OC'd 1070 and 6700K at 4.2ghz on all cores undervolted, plus two SSD's and 1 case fan draws about 230 watts in Unigine Valley. Add another ~40 watts for a OC'd 1080.
In running a 980ti and I'm pulling ~330 from the wall with the SF600.

I have the same PSU. Is your 980 TI overclocked? If so, that looks spot on for full rig power consumption with a similar setup as mine.
My 6700k is at 4.6 1.3v and the 980ti is at 150% power limit. Fan barely spins up on the PSU during gaming loads.

The 6700k (4.6 1.3v) throttles under Intel burn test but the OC is still stable and the CPU maxes out at 67 under gaming load so I don't think there's a reason to go L9i or anything like that.

that's called a shroud and each board being different means youd have to make you own. and dan did temp testing, reviewers probably will too as the case start getting into their hands. the videos that are out now id call more of a preview than a review. you've been following the thread long enough to know this...

Thanks for not only your condescending attitude, but also regurgitating to me much of which I already know without providing a single shred of useful information. Your contribution and attitude are indicative of abrasive personality issues (or perhaps a severe lack of manners), but I'm sure you're numb to observations like this by now.

Is it realistic to expect silence from setup made of this components (without setting my house on fire)?

6600k non OC
Cryorig C7 (or something similiar available in Italy or Hungary)
Strix Z270I mobo
ASUS Strix 1060
Corsair SF450

And when I say silence, I really mean silence. I'm currently running system on Z170-A board, in spacey mid tower case with LC-CC-120 CPU fan @670rpm (212 EVO equivalent), case is under desk, ~70 cm away from me, and it is really non audible. I can barely hear CPU fan when I open the case, while PSU and GPU are 0db.

CPU temp is ~32C, GPU ~40.

So, is it possible to expect something similar from C7 (with case being 1m away from me on the desk), just with higher temps? I really don't mind higher temps, as long as they don't cause home fire :D

Is it realistic to expect silence from setup made of this components (without setting my house on fire)?

6600k non OC
Strix Z270I mobo
ASUS Strix 1060
Corsair SF450

And when I say silence, I really mean silence. I'm currently running system on Z170-A board, in spacey mid tower case with LC-CC-120 CPU fan @670rpm (212 EVO equivalent), case is under desk, ~70 cm away from me, and it is really non audible. I can barely hear CPU fan when I open the case, while PSU and GPU are 0db.

So, is it possible to expect something similar from C7 (with case being 1m away from me on the desk), just with higher temps? I really don't mind higher temps, as long as they don't cause home fire :D
I would jump up to an SF600 so that the fan never really kicks on, but thats based on your budget.

I would jump up to an SF600 so that the fan never really kicks on, but thats based on your budget.
The SF600 will be total overkill and not be any quieter, I think that's a complete waste of money - the SF450 is already off most of the time anyway!

Looking at the noise graphs i had an impression that SF450 is more quiet, although SF600's fan kicks in at 120W vs 450's 90W.

It's not huge price difference, just about 20 euros. But I'm way more concerned about CPU fan noise. I really can't draw clear conclusion about C7 noise. Either people test it with 100% load (which is totally unrealistic, because my CPU idles 98% of the time), or with 100% fan speed (I'm not a Jet engine pilot, just programmer hoping for silence while doing some work), or on desk benches disregarding heat problem coming from small factor cases, thus making results meaningless.

6600k non OC
Strix Z270I mobo
ASUS Strix 1060
Corsair SF450

If you're not overclocking, it SHOULD be very quiet. You can also control your fans to stay slow under most conditions.

The Sf psu Fans are temperature controlled.. my sf 450 doesnt even turn on the fan @ 160Watt loud

Thanks for not only your condescending attitude, but also regurgitating to me much of which I already know without providing a single shred of useful information. Your contribution and attitude are indicative of abrasive personality issues (or perhaps a severe lack of manners), but I'm sure you're numb to observations like this by now.
nope just sick of dumb shit around here and not holding my tongue as much as I used to. sounds like you are a little over sensitive if you took that as condescending and abrasive. sorry was that too harsh too?!
look through my past postings, theyre polite, very little attitude and a lot of help. until very recently when ive become sick of all the bullshit around here. noobs not doing a little searching and asking the same things over and over, one person making suggestions then acting like its the end of the world if they don't get exactly what THEY want, the constant internet knowledge pissing contests etc etc.
sorry aboot that

Last edited:
The Sf psu Fans are temperature controlled.. my sf 450 doesnt even turn on the fan @ 160Watt loud
But the temperature of the PSU is used on the load by design, so if you're going for basically a completely silent system, a higher wattage PSU means that there is less heat generated and thus the fan will not spin up.

nope just sick of dumb shit around here and not holding my tongue as much as I used to. sounds like you are a little over sensitive if you took that as condescending and abrasive. sorry was that too harsh too?!
look through my past postings, theyre polite, very little attitude and a lot of help. until very recently when ive become sick of all the bullshit around here. noobs not doing a little searching and asking the same things over and over, one person making suggestions then acting like its the end of the world if they don't get exactly what THEY want, the constant internet knowledge pissing contests etc etc.
sorry aboot that
30383486.jpg

sorry aboot that

+1

I like this man. Keep keeping it real although be careful of the name calling. Lots of anxious people here as they eagerly await their Dan A4!

Back