DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

So, Dan confirmed that there will be 1920 cases.
If we take the kickstarter numbers, there are 1530 kickstarted cases, which would leave 390 cases overall.

I don't think there will be that many. Dan needs to hold on to several (i.e. not sell them) in case there are any defective cases that need to be replaced. So, assuming 390 is the number of non-backer cases, I expect fewer than that will be available for sale.

i want to get my dan a4 setup below 4kg (case 1.2 kg, sfx 600 psu , 800grams, motherboard cpu ram m2 cooler around 1kg?, titan x pascal ... 1kg? that totals around 4kg)
, it would be ideal to carry along for long trip.
and the most challenging part.. I need a portable monitor with keyboard and mouse. imagine 4k 15.6inch screen, with built in keyboard and mouse track pad / mouse pad powered by dan a4, is there such laptop shell exists?

i want to get my dan a4 setup below 4kg (case 1.2 kg, sfx 600 psu , 800grams, motherboard cpu ram m2 cooler around 1kg?, titan x pascal ... 1kg? that totals around 4kg)
and the most challenging part.. I need a portable monitor with keyboard and mouse. imagine 4k 15.6inch screen, with built in keyboard and mouse track pad / mouse pad powered by dan a4, is there such laptop shell exists?

I like your idea darthmatin. It should be plausible to get pretty compact keyboard mouse, but just to be sure: do you want the screen to also be powered from case, so you only need one powercord?

Now that's neat! Quite few motherboards that support it though.

A simple (and cheaper) solution would be to get a power cable with a split, so a single cable powers both the PC and the monitor.
that Asus wins on size. it is only 8mm thick and weighs only 800 gram :)
keep in mind that not every usb-c port will work. needs to support displayport over type-c ....

I like your idea darthmatin. It should be plausible to get pretty compact keyboard mouse, but just to be sure: do you want the screen to also be powered from case, so you only need one powercord?

yes, it should be better that way , clutter free. but other options should be fine too :) 4k screen or full hd with 144hz .. i dont know really if such thing exists in portable monitor . i hope it does :D

yes, it should be better that way , clutter free. but other options should be fine too :) 4k screen or full hd with 144hz .. i dont know really if such thing exists in portable monitor . i hope it does :D
Unfortunately those are only available in laptop screens. Unless you're willing to fit a portable screen, it's gonna be impossible.

I have been looking to do something like this, something like the ASUS monitor, since it's via USB could have a little bit of lag, there is this monitor http://www.icitouchtech.com/gechic-2501h full HD around 1kg and it's powered via USB, has speakers has bonus :D
Or you could also do your own monitor which is a little bit cheaper, i found a greate guide on youtube

I'm going to repost it because I like it quite a lot-

Abusemark sells adapters for ipad 3 LCD panels, which are 2048x1536/ 60hz, and work really well.
here's mine from quakecon last year;
D5b4LlE.jpg

We know your PIN code :p
Just for my phone and PC, my actual pin is more obscure. :)
Buy one from the second batch. :)
I'd love to but I've already got one on order from the kickstarter, and an S4 Mini sitting on my desk waiting for parts aha
No monies available!

i will use my ipad 2 mini for a display if i go on holiday or something else, can connect it via usb :)

I've mentioned this already, but the problem with that USB-C screen is that I highly doubt anyone with this case plans on using the onboard GPU, and so you're not going to be able to get any video over USB-C that way. It's unfortunate though, because it'd be very convenient for travel that way. Maybe sometime soon we'll start seeing dedicated GPUs with USB-C output, but there's nothing yet.

Abusemark sells adapters for ipad 3 LCD panels, which are 2048x1536/ 60hz, and work really well.

Does anyone know of a similar adaptor that works with a Surface Pro panel? Or with a similar screen (high dpi, larger than the iPad)?

Curious what kind of RAM speeds people are thinking in their A4 builds. Anyone see an issue with going >2400 heat-wise? Is that pointless if you're not OC'ing the CPU? Looking at RAM prices and 2400 vs., say, 3000 or 3200 prices are not that different.

I'm anxious to see what temps are going to be inside A4. I currently have an el-cheapo mini-tower with no intake fans, one 92mm exhaust, and somewhat limited air holes, that at times it can suffocate my EVGA ACX GTX 1070, getting temps to 76 degrees with the fan ramping up to very audible levels. Taking off the side panel drops my GPU temps ~10-12 degrees Celsius when under load. I'd like to think that with all the ventilation holes and tight design the A4 will do better than what I have now.

Fan noise is not my friend.

Curious what kind of RAM speeds people are thinking in their A4 builds. Anyone see an issue with going >2400 heat-wise? Is that pointless if you're not OC'ing the CPU? Looking at RAM prices and 2400 vs., say, 3000 or 3200 prices are not that different.

I went with 16gb 3200mhz.

Yeah I'm looking at 16 GB of Corsair LPX 3200 RAM. It's one of the few sticks without the absurd giant heat spreaders that are everywhere now. Was $99 yesterday on Newegg, sadly price just went up though.

The Asus Strix Z270 ITX RAM QVL for 3200 RAM is hilariously thin though, with only 8 options currently. MSI pro carbon AC has a lot more listed.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking at 16 GB of Corsair LPX 3200 RAM. It's one of the few sticks without the absurd giant heat spreaders that are everywhere now. Was $99 yesterday on Newegg, sadly price just went up though.

I'm using Corsair LPX RAM in an Asus z170i board - it fits well, and is lower than my NF-L9i + NF-A9 PWM heatsink.

Does anyone know of a similar adaptor that works with a Surface Pro panel? Or with a similar screen (high dpi, larger than the iPad)?

I have a surface pro 3 , as well. not used. i wonder if that would work.

im not good in diy stuff :(, if anyone can do it for me.. i would pay them generously :p

using ipad pro 12inch as monitor should be perfect. that + razer ipad pro mechanical keyboard fits the bill :D
is there any possible way to hack ipad pro?

The ASUS ZenScreen MB16AC portable monitor has a hybrid USB connector - It supports connecting to both USB type A and USB type C on the motherboard.

It was announced last fall, but is not available for purchase yet :-(

D5b4LlE.jpg

Just for my phone and PC, my actual pin is more obscure. :)

I'd love to but I've already got one on order from the kickstarter, and an S4 Mini sitting on my desk waiting for parts aha
No monies available!

That is pretty sweet. Mind listing the URLs for all the parts you have there?

1. spare iPad screen
2. bezel / cradle
3. controller

Reactions: Jspr
like this
@stelsvo, dan said that a cooler higher then 48mm will fit, 48mm is just to make sure that every cooler lower or with the same hight will fit

if dan confirms that it could fit, i will ask them for a test sample

@stelsvo, dan said that a cooler higher then 48mm will fit, 48mm is just to make sure that every cooler lower or with the same hight will fit

if dan confirms that it could fit, i will ask them for a test sample

hope :)

I'd love to get official confirmation about the compatibility on this newly discovered cooler.

Last edited:
Anyone knows whether an Asus Strix rx 480 will fit? Its 298mm long so 3mm to long then dan Website claims

Edit: Forgeit, Website claims 298 length But it acutally are 305mm

Edit 2: dondan u have the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 OC on your compability List. But isnt that Card to Big too? The length on Their Website seems to be the PCB length But the cooler is longer

Last edited:
I hope that it is good. The only review of a recent GeChic did not look promising as a PC gaming monitor. I think they are coloring the 1101F like the Super Famicom because it is for console gaming.

i should be receiving it this week. im looking for slimmest power bank to power my monitor + 0lag wireless hdmi adapter.

also found this 4k portable display.. spec is mind blowing.. but.. china? think again..
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32692843429.html

please advise

Back