DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

7700k test

noise : c7> l9i+nf a9pwm

Thanks for posting that. Are you saying the C7 is quietest or noisiest? Because it seems to produce the lowest temps, among the small form factor coolers at least

Personally am only interested in the total system performance (heatsink + default fan) rather than just the heatsink performance. Not sure how many here will go through the trouble of mixing and matching coolers/fans

I will just leave this here :)
20170110_131909c4sr4.jpg

Picture of 8 palettes ;)
Dan said that in the end 15 palettes fitted in the garage and one was going into the shipment room

https://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1279570&page=105

Well, the CPU is overclocked but still undervolted. Plus Overwatch is compared to the Wiarcher 3 nothing when it comes to CPU usage. And we are talking about a winter environment. So yep, still worried. ^^

Since I am waiting for A4 and haven't purchased any components, took the saber case as well.

Just now backed it in Indiegogo.

Looking at the arrangement, there are 8x4 per layer x 7 layers total. That's 164 DANcases. If I'm correct, 8 pallets would be 1792 cases! That means all of the Kickstarter cases are there! :D I thought you were only getting 500?
I count 4x4 cases per layer, 7 layers, and a total of 16 pallets (only 8 pallets on the picture though)...but the end result is the same, 1792 cases! Yay!

I count 4x4 cases per layer, 7 layers, and a total of 16 pallets (only 8 pallets on the picture though)...but the end result is the same, 1792 cases! Yay!

My brain got ahead of myself on the layers. Definitely 4x4x7. But with 15 pallets, it should be all the kickstarter cases

Any updates of the glass/windowed tests/design. I know its early on that front but I am curious where Dan is leaning.

Two Questions regarding the DEMCiFlex filters:

1) What are the dimensions of the "windows" in the side panels of the A4sfx? I'm not finding the case among the standard cases on DEMCiFlex homepage (CaseKing.de doesn't ship outside Europe)
2) Why would CaseKing.de make the internal filter for the right side panel square, rather than rectangular? I would have thought both sides would be rectangular, no?

Looking at the arrangement, there are 8x4 per layer x 7 layers total. That's 164 DANcases. If I'm correct, 8 pallets would be 1792 cases! That means all of the Kickstarter cases are there! :D I thought you were only getting 500?

Dan ordered 1900 cases. If 1792 are going to Kickstarter, we can do the math and see that the cases going to Caseking and Overclockers will be sold out in less than 20 seconds, for a few lucky ones whose data packets on the internet were prioritized, or however it's going to work. I think it's safe to assume most people will have to wait to summer for the next batch.

cooler test conclusion
k cpus
want performence
1. c7
2. lp53+a9 14t
3. l9i + a9 25t

want silence
1. l9i + a9 25t
2. lp53+a9 14t
2.1 c7

non k cpu

1. l9i + axp100 120mm fan adapter+ darkrock tf bundle fan(135 x 135 x 22 (120mmhole))

2. thermaltake engine 27

3. l9i + nf b9 or a9 low rpm adapter

Should I be worried about the back m.2 slot on the Asus Z270i in terms of thermals with the video card back up against the back of the mobo? Hm. I have 2x m.2s. 1x 950 and 1x 960. If the thermals in the back slot are going to throttle either of them, I'm selling the 950.

Official ROG UK twitter account is saying late Jan - early Feb for the Asus Z270i :(. I wonder if this is just for the UK.

upload_2017-1-10_23-28-25.png

Dan (or anyone in the know),

Once you ship, what kind of shipping did you select? Global Standard, i.e. 10-14days or something a little quicker? I know you start shipping pretty soon, just want to know if we will potentially get them end Jan or only mid Feb...

Thanks,

He earlier said that he needs about 3 weeks to ship all cases and that the worst case arrival date will be end of february.

Should I be worried about the back m.2 slot on the Asus Z270i in terms of thermals with the video card back up against the back of the mobo? Hm. I have 2x m.2s. 1x 950 and 1x 960. If the thermals in the back slot are going to throttle either of them, I'm selling the 950.
You should be fine with both. The GPU shouldn't heat up the middle metal spectator much anyway.

cooler test conclusion
k cpus
want performence
1. c7
2. lp53+a9 14t
3. l9i + a9 25t

want silence
1. l9i + a9 25t
2. lp53+a9 14t
2.1 c7

non k cpu

1. l9i + axp100 120mm fan adapter+ darkrock tf bundle fan(135 x 135 x 22 (120mmhole))

2. thermaltake engine 27

3. l9i + nf b9 or a9 low rpm adapter
Thank you very much for summing everything up nicely.

Dear A4-SFX-"Activists",

my colleague is selling his old rig and I am considering to buy it for my A4-SFX. I would kindly ask for your opinion.

i7 3770K
16GB DDR3-1600 Corsair Vengeance
Gigabyte Z77n ITX

He is asking for 250€ - what I consider cheap looking at ebay.

Main Use:
HTPC with SteamOS
Some Gaming (Civilization, Emulators, maybe DeusEX ...)
Watching movies

The A4 will be hooked onto a video projector in HD. Not interested in overclocking. I planned to purchase a GTX 1070 for it.

My Questions:
1. Can I get it quiet?
2. Better buy a kaby lake i5 or new AMD instead?
3. Is Noctua nh-l9i a good option if I don't overclock?

Thanks for your time.
Joe

Dear A4-SFX-"Activists",

my colleague is selling his old rig and I am considering to buy it for my A4-SFX. I would kindly ask for your opinion.

i7 3770K
Gigabyte Z77n ITX

Main Use:
HTPC with SteamOS
Watching movies

The A4 will be hooked onto a video projector in HD. Not interested in overclocking. I planned to purchase a GTX 1070 for it.

My Questions:
1. Can I get it quiet?

Thanks for your time.
Joe
For that price, take it, it's still an i7, you won't really notice much difference between than and newer Intel CPUs, they simply haven't improved significantly unfortunately. I run a 2600K i7 with a Cryorig C7, it works perfectly fine at stock, it's quiet enough, so I am sure the Noctua will be great too.

I purchased a gigabyte ga-z77n myself off Ebay 2 months ago since I had to get an ITX motherboard, and still wanted to keep my trusty 2600K :)

For that price, take it, it's still an i7, you won't really notice much difference between than and newer Intel CPUs, they simply haven't improved significantly unfortunately. I run a 2600K i7 with a Cryorig C7, it works perfectly fine at stock, it's quiet enough, so I am sure the Noctua will be great too.

I purchased a gigabyte ga-z77n myself off Ebay 2 months ago since I had to get an ITX motherboard, and still wanted to keep my trusty 2600K :)

I will take it. Thank you for your time.

Dear A4-SFX-"Activists",

i7 3770K
Gigabyte Z77n ITX

Main Use:
HTPC with SteamOS
Watching movies

My Questions:
1. Can I get it quiet?

Thanks for your time.
Joe
It is a freaking steal for that price

Dear A4-SFX-"Activists",

i7 3770K
Gigabyte Z77n ITX

Main Use:
HTPC with SteamOS
Watching movies

My Questions:
1. Can I get it quiet?

Thanks for your time.
Joe
I would totally buy off your friend since z77 ITX boards are rare and still carry a lot of value. The i7 shouldn't hold you back either, but you definitely won't be able to OC on the L9i as it already runs hotter than the newer chips.

This isn't correct. I made the picture nerly on halftime.In total I have 15 pallets and one extra with spare parts. Every pallet was 8 layers in height. I had to remove the top layer because it was too high for the garage. Also your case count for every layer is wrong ;).

Hey all!

Thought i'd create an account and let you know this.

I've been nagging caseking.de for some time now, about timeframes, pre-orders etc.

Yesterday they let me know that the case is available for pre-order!

It isn't available on their website yet, they made me order some special version of the H440 (249 euro's) which hasn't been released yet, and they will change the order manually to the A4-SFX.

I haven't received word yet on any delivery date, but it's getting closer!

I can confirm this too; they directly volunteered the exact same instructions to me.

The problem is, I don't see any way on their site to ship to the US.

What reseller(s) ship to the US?

Pv

I can confirm this too; they directly volunteered the exact same instructions to me.

The problem is, I don't see any way on their site to ship to the US.

What reseller(s) ship to the US?

Pv

This was an error of Caseking, they setup the A4-SFX in their internal system (not in their web shop) so it was visible for the call center. So if you called the call center today morning, it was possible to make a preorder. Caseking informed me about this mistake and I said they should stop this, because everyone should get the same chance in February. The five guys that ordered one via phone had luck, but they also have to wait until February for shipping. From legal side it is impossible to cancel those five orders. In February it will be possible to order the case over the Web shop of Caseking and OverclockersUK. I will make a countdown on my page and every subscriber will get 7 days before a "information mail".

And Again: Caseking will only ship to EU and OverlclockersUK will ship worldwide.

But first at all the Kickstarter cases have the highest priority for me. So before the case will be available on retail I will ship the Kickstarter cases!

This isn't correct. I made the picture nerly on halftime.In total I have 15 pallets and one extra with spare parts. Every pallet was 8 layers in height. I had to remove the top layer because it was too high for the garage. Also your case count for every layer is wrong ;).

looks to me like each layer a rotationally symmetric arrangement of 16 boxes with a hollow core, which would mean there are 16*8*15 = 1920 cases total.

Like this, with each character corresponding to a single box:
FF__66
EE__77
DDBA98
CCBA98

If each box had exactly a 2:1 aspect ration, two more would fit in the middle, but from the photo it looks like they're just a little longer/skinnier than that.

Hey dan i had a question: when pkgs ship over seas what type of shipping is it? DHL economy?

Back