DAN A4-SFX: The smallest gaming case in the world

That seems like a bit much, also it's a 38mm fan which is a no go for this case.
Looks like 25mm fan or less since 48mm of clearance, right?

How about Delta AFC0912D-PWM, seems like it can push the most air at that size

U cant really compare the Fans, every Company has their own method of measuring. There isnt any norm that define the testing method

About ready to go!

7700k, delidded and currently running smoothly at 5.0GHz 1.3v and stock 100 BCLK. Got a good bin :). 54C max after running Prime 95 for 30 min on my current water cooled setup. We'll see how it fairs in the DAN running at stock clocks.
Noctua L9i + NF-A9 PWM 25mm fan. Great research, all. I'm going to use my C7 in my server now.
G.SKILL TridentZ 32GB DDR4 3200. 14-14-14-34
MSI 1070 Gaming X in my current rig. If it doesn't fit I'll be purchasing a 1080 that does. I hope I can squeeze it by folding power cables. I'm going to miss the quiet of this 1070 if it doesn't fit :(.
Corsair SF600
Waiting to buy Asus Z270i mobo... can't find stock.
950 Pro m.2 512GB front slot, 960 Pro m.2 1TB back slot (better thermals), Crucial MX100 512GB

Looking for a good USB 3.0 hub that takes power from the USB C port, potentially to even charge devices fast. Data rate must also be fast. The single, slow front port on the DAN won't cut it. I constantly transfer large files from my DSLR using the full 300MBps rate on my UHS-II SD card. I'm looking at some hubs that have a power adapter but I feel like with high current USB C, a power adapter should no longer be needed. Any suggestions?

Disappointing that the 1080ti was not announced.

I'll likely be buying the 7700K and will be using the C7 in my setup so I'll post temperatures when that happens. Having said that, with the Dan A4 arriving in our hands at about the same time as 7700K, I'm pretty sure there'll be a ton of 7700K builds appearing in here and a large number of of us did buy the C7

Cant wait for the results guys the memory max height says 54mm yet cpu max height 48??? How much space is there to the exact mm!
1. It's memory max height it's 52mm, not 54...
2. The cpu cooler stands on top of the cpu itself, giving it a higher standing point from the mobo, unlike the memory that stands directly on top of the mobo...

So the Noctua B9 is better than the A9 (25mm version?) Isn't the A9 a newer model, that comes with the rpm limiter cord thing to make it quieter anyway?

Just for info:

Corsair Vengeance LED ram height is 49mm. Found the answer in the corsair forums. Corsair Dominator is 55mm and therefore will not fit.

Gskill trident Z ram is 44mm.

Now that corsair and gskill have announced their RGB series..I'm hoping it'll come in below the max height too. The gskill rgb is probably the best bet since their regular trident series is still only 44mm and therefore theres some room left for the rgb light bar

Last edited:
So the Noctua B9 is better than the A9 (25mm version?) Isn't the A9 a newer model, that comes with the rpm limiter cord thing to make it quieter anyway?

I think they perform similiar at the same RPMs. I've you go for a quiet build, you can take the B9. You wouldnt run the fan higher then 1300-1400rpm because of the noise anyway.
Only buy the A9, if u want some extra RPM as reserve

Looks like 25mm fan or less since 48mm of clearance, right?

How about Delta AFC0912D-PWM, seems like it can push the most air at that size
I'm at the point that I'll sacrifice temps for noise, so honestly I think that is not even worth going to an aftermarket fan on the L9i

just in time! just bought my final components and put it together yesterday, went with the low noise reccomendations and have the combo l9i+b9 redux, duper quiet, but i think i made an error getting the silverstone 600w sfx power supply, i may be a bit picky but its by far the loudest component in my setup.

Very nice to hear, just ordered some small wifi antennas to prevent having bunny ears.

That is an idea worth looking in to.
Could you please share a link of what you are getting?
Just some cheap ones from aliexpress I'm afraid. Just wanted to give everyone here with nice long antennas a heads up. Depending if your motherboard has the connectors properly aligned there shouldn't be much of an issue but mine has the wonderful engineering that puts them above one another making one antenna stick out hence the bunny ears.

just in time! just bought my final components and put it together yesterday, went with the low noise reccomendations and have the combo l9i+b9 redux, duper quiet, but i think i made an error getting the silverstone 600w sfx power supply, i may be a bit picky but its by far the loudest component in my setup.

My corsair sf450 Power Supply fan spinned only once with my r9 390. With the rx 480 not even once

Finally, great news! I'm so in for this.

Have the C7 and the Noctua L9i with the 25 mm A9 at home.

Too bad the fan of the C7 was broken and the replacement is on its way. The cooling was good/okayish but I couldn't lived with the noise of the faulty fan. As soon as the new fan arrives I'll let you guys know.

In the meantime I bought the Noctua with an aftermarket A9. Running at 940 rpms it's really silent buuut my 3770 (@4.1 ghz / -0,1v offset) is reaching 60-65 degrees celsius in Overwatch (FHD, maxed out, 150%, 60fps). I will adjust the fan curve in the following days to see if I can reach better temperatures without having much noise. Besides that the A9 can be a PITA. At around 1300 rpms I'm starting to really dislike the noise and at 1600 rpms I think that my tower is preparing for a flight...

I need to add that I'm really sensitive with noise... I hope it's possible to get the DAN case as silent as possible so that I enjoy living and playing with that rig!

That is an idea worth looking in to.
Could you please share a link of what you are getting?

So these fucking wifi connectors on my board, AsRock z170 fatal1ty itx, are friggin garbage. I can't keep them tight. I'd love to have internal antenna, to be honest, though we'd have to have them outside the Aluminium. We need some good design here!

I think this or something to this model could have been used on the cases power switch??
What do you guys think?

lighted_power_switch.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I thought about doing this (already have one of them) but when you take the metal plate off and reveal the frame (depicted in Dan's case instruction booklet) there appears to be a small switch behind the push button. It seems one would have to drill a hole into the actual frame. Not sure I could do that...

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 95
Finally, great news! I'm so in for this.

Have the C7 and the Noctua L9i with the 25 mm A9 at home.

Too bad the fan of the C7 was broken and the replacement is on its way. The cooling was good/okayish but I couldn't lived with the noise of the faulty fan. As soon as the new fan arrives I'll let you guys know.

In the meantime I bought the Noctua with an aftermarket A9. Running at 940 rpms it's really silent buuut my 3770 (@4.1 ghz / -0,1v offset) is reaching 60-65 degrees celsius in Overwatch (FHD, maxed out, 150%, 60fps). I will adjust the fan curve in the following days to see if I can reach better temperatures without having much noise. Besides that the A9 can be a PITA. At around 1300 rpms I'm starting to really dislike the noise and at 1600 rpms I think that my tower is preparing for a flight...

I need to add that I'm really sensitive with noise... I hope it's possible to get the DAN case as silent as possible so that I enjoy living and playing with that rig!

U are complaining about 65 degrees on a OC cpu? Wtf there is Plenty of room...

Hey all!

Thought i'd create an account and let you know this.

I've been nagging caseking.de for some time now, about timeframes, pre-orders etc.

Yesterday they let me know that the case is available for pre-order!

It isn't available on their website yet, they made me order some special version of the H440 (249 euro's) which hasn't been released yet, and they will change the order manually to the A4-SFX.

I haven't received word yet on any delivery date, but it's getting closer!

Guys, tomorrow will be Christmas for me, because I will get 16 palettes full of something you are waiting for :)
Any idea when the case will be available for non kickstarters ?
and if the chance is missed will there be any more cases?

7700k test
room temp : 20~23c
l9i+nf f12 pwm
l9i+nf a9 pwm
cryorig c7
nh d15s
7700k default ram auto
7700k all core 4.5g 1.17v (under volt) ram 3000mhz 1.3v
program: linx 0.7 , real temp, cpu-z

noise : c7> l9i+nf a9pwm

Attachments

• IMG_7515.jpeg
    IMG_7515.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 7700kl9if12.png
    7700kl9if12.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 7700kl9ia9.png
    7700kl9ia9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
  • 7700kc7.png
    7700kc7.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • 7700kc7117v3000mhz.png
    7700kc7117v3000mhz.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 7700k45g3000117vd15s.png
    7700k45g3000117vd15s.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7516.jpeg
    IMG_7516.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_7517.jpeg
    IMG_7517.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_7518.jpeg
    IMG_7518.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_7519.jpeg
    IMG_7519.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
For US Backers, any info on what shipping service/estimated shipping time will be? Will Dan be using local german shipping forwarding services/USPS Forwarding, or other shipping like UPS/Fedex etc? Will it be airmail or ground shipping?

the only way for anyone to know how the cryorig and noctua heatsinks compare is for someone to pop the fans off and use the same fan on both :)

Soon the web will be flooded with near identical A4 builds. ;)

Common differences:

• Silver vs. black case
  • Corsair vs. Silverstone vs. other brand PSU:s
  • Custom sleeved cables vs. stock cables
  • L9i vs. C7 CPU cooler
  • Different GPU:s (doh)
  • Different motherboards (doh)
More exotic differences:

• Sleeved PCI riser cable (reward for figuring out how to do this properly)
  • Vandal switch
  • Water cooling, likely external radiator, custom pidestal or similar
  • Side panel window
  • Drilling mod to mount more fans somewhere
  • Repainted case
  • 2 slim 92mm fans wrapped in modders mesh, put on top panel to help suck air out
  • Custom feet
Can anyone else think of anything else?

Last edited:
Back